/* */

PDA

View Full Version : not to well

darren
05-28-2009, 06:02 PM
I told my mum I was a Muslim but she didn't belive me and is telling me im not a muslim. I feel sad knowing that my family wont support me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
05-28-2009, 08:28 PM
:sl:

it may just be the shock brother, give her a little while to get used to it and inshaAllah she will come round.
May Allah make your affairs easy for you!

Raudha
05-28-2009, 08:31 PM
^ I agree.. And also, don't decrease the compassion that you're showing her. That in itself might help to turn her heart in favour of your decision and of Islam InshaAllah.

Ameen to the dua.

Soulja Girl
05-28-2009, 08:44 PM
:sl:

As long as you know you're a Muslim and Allah knows you're a Muslim, you have nufin to fear :) Just be strong and act normal wiv your mum and everyfin will be oki inshallah! :)

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
05-28-2009, 08:55 PM
It may be that she genuinely doesn't believe you but through your actions, it should soon become clear that you are indeed a Muslim.

Please visit this link as well Inshaa'Allah: http://bewley.virtualave.net/adab1.html#parents

:)

glo
05-28-2009, 09:49 PM
I am trying to see this from the perspective of your mother ...

You have just spent two years becoming a Jedi ... and now you suddenly declare that you are a Muslim.
Of course she must think this is just another phase, another teenage patch her son is going through ...
(To be honest, that's what I would be thinking if I was in your mum's shoes ...)

I think as a mother she will be looking for signs of whether you are serious or whether this is just another phase.

Try to think back, how convinced and serious were you about becoming a Jedi?
Is you interest in Islam the same? Or is it different?
Will you be looking for something else in two years time?
(You may only be able to answer these questions in a little while, with the benefit of hindsight, but I think these are serious questions for you to consider)

I guess your mum thinks that only time will tell how serious you are ... and she is probably right!

Given that you seem to know very little about Islam at this stage yourself, I suggest that you give yourself and your parents some time.
Be patient!
Love and respect them!
And let God work in all your lives!

Peace :)

convert
05-29-2009, 01:43 AM
the non-support sounds passive and not active. alhamdulillah for that.

there are some converts who get disowned for being muslim. i know of a convert scholar in my area who got kicked out of his house when he converted like 30 years ago.

it will be ok. just find a good masjid and get involved. make them teach you your deen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!