/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm a hyprocrite..

usmanlol
05-28-2009, 09:00 PM
:sl:

I looked up the symptoms of being a hyprocrite and I'm a hypocrite

I claim to be a muslim but here are the following sinful acts I do:

Rarely pray my Salah, and when I do, I'm not fully focused (most of the time I finish a whole Salah in undera minute which is shameful)
I pray Qur'an only because I have to, as I've got a teacher
I lie alot
And of course, the millions of sins everyday people make

I know I'm a bad muslim, but I continue to intentionally commit sin. I want to change, but there's something inside me stopping me from doing so. Maybe its the Shaytan, or I have angered Allah so he doesn't want to bring me on the right path again. I'm just really scared of going to hell on the day of judgement.

I believe even if I did pray more, or read Qur'an it would still be without the correct intention.

Could someone give me advice on how to get closer to the straight path. I hope you understand its not something that can be achieved within a day, and saying stuff like 'pray 5 times a day, read quran, etc.' won't help because I already know I have to do that, and like I said, I would be reading without the right intention anyway.

All I want, is advice to get closer to God, and advice on how to learn to love my religion and fear God on my inside. I want to change my heart. Sorry if this post is too long or a bit cheesy, but it's my first on this site and I hope everyone understands.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
true believer
05-28-2009, 09:58 PM
brother i admire ur honesty and i think its great to be real and honest with urself. plus the first step of solving a personal issue is to ADDRESS it. now u figured out what is wrong, u just have to take steps towards change. remember allah. TRUST me brother, the further u go away from him, the harder it is to return...cos shaytan will make u think all sorts of things and u'll feel guilty and not worthy den u just wont bother. it happens bro. dats why u gotta PUSH urself. u'll feel much betta honestly. just read the quran, read some islamic books on sunnah...prophets.(SAW) how to deal with life islamicly etc etc. allah will know n understand ur intentions.

Beardo
05-28-2009, 10:02 PM
I actually have the same problem, and I'd like an answer as well. Dhikr is a good way, I suppose. I am actually trying to memorize a dua every few days, and I think it actually helps. On these type of things, you have to take each sin individually and probably PHASE out.

Donia
05-29-2009, 12:20 AM
Brother, do not be so hard on yourself.

Believe that there are others who do far worse than you. It is good that you recognize your faults and you want to change. That is a positive quality. You also fear going to hell. That's another good thing in my opinion. I wouldn't call yourself a hypocrite. We all have our struggles. Things that are difficult for us, rough patches, etc. Why not try to use your fear of going to hell to try to motivate you to do good deeds? Just a suggestion. I think if you have the right combination of fear (to help you abstain from bad things) and hope (to push you to do good things), then that will help you a lot. Remember Allah guides those that want to be guided. Do not lose hope. Do you hang out with other practicing Muslims? The company you keep can benefit you or hurt you. Also, do you pray in the mosque? Is it possible for you to do so? That might help you with concentrating on your prayers a little more. I hope the best for you. Keep trying and I hope Allah will guide you. Ameen.

Salaam Alaikum.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SistaSista
05-29-2009, 12:55 AM
Hi there,

At least you know you got a problem, you need the intention, you say your are scared of going to hell on judgement day, therefore you must want to go to heaven. Sounds like satan been working you out, are you serious about your life? Think about what you will have to do to get in heaven, on serious level. It is kind of like life or death, as you do know Islam and you are going against it.

If you are sinning intentionally then you need to change your intentions, you need to read more about Allah and the Prophet, then you may get a better understanding of what we are here for, what God likes and who has chance of heaven and them who will be the losers, the dwellers of hell, you need to scare yourself.

Maybe you do not understand Islam, http://www.info.ukimdawahcentre.com/ where you can download free books this one is a good book I http://info.ukimdawahcentre.com/comp...nload/cid,162/
I think this is a good website, also www.rahmana4.piczo.com has some music videos and videos in general and general information does not look too formal has quotes from Quran and hadith and lots of information on Islam without searching too much. Then this website is also great and you can download books read articles www.kalamullah.com

I hope you find your way back home.

7eighty6
05-29-2009, 03:21 AM
well good 4 u. U have identified the problem, now you need to work toward the solution. One thing I learned the hard way is don't expect anything overnight. Keep praying and keep trying - before you know it, you will be away from the duniya and in guidance of Allah.

Sampharo
05-29-2009, 07:22 AM
I looked up the symptoms of being a hyprocrite and I'm a hypocrite
Brother I advise you not to fall for such rubbish thoughts. There is no questionaire that you take to know whether or not you are a hypocrit, this is isn't cosmo magazine trying to see if you are a shopaholic! You may have read what was in Islam used to DESCRIBE their behaviour so that believers would know them, but a hypocrit (Munafeq) is someone who intentionally deceives those around him, prays only to show that they are and therefore gain favours from other muslims when they think they are pious, and genuinely DO NOT BELIEVE in God. The very statement shows you feel guilty and that you believe in God and that you want to be better, don't let anyone tell you you are a hypocrit!

You are just like many young weak-faith muslims. Like the brother advised, if you mentioned God a lot, he will mention you back. You need to strengthen your belief and that is through knowledge, so learn about the prophet and what happened to him and his companions, read the scientific miracles of the quran, listen to the Quran read by a good reciter, especially Al-Baqarra and Al-Imran. You will find that your beliefs are adjusting and your faith is getting stronger, and the stronger it is the more prompt your whole body will respond to the call to prayer. Once you master prayer, it's downhill from there.

God bless you and may you find guidance and peace of mind

Banu_Hashim
05-29-2009, 07:42 AM
Bro, I really admire your honestly, and there is nothing you've said that everyone else doesn't go through. We all go through periods where our Imaan isn't the strongest ( I do at least). And the fact that you want to change is what's important. Allah (SWT) knows this. So, InshAllah start now, and more good things you do... (preferably start praying your salaah with more sincerity) will be a catalyst for other good actions to come InshAllah :). And keep in touch with the forum, as there are far more pious and knowledgeable Brothers and Sisters here than me that can also give you advice and support on anything, anytime.

Take Care Bro.

Fe Amaanillah :D.

muslimah 4 life
05-29-2009, 08:12 AM
Assalamalaikum.
Brother I don't think your a hypocrite, infact you have the fear of Allah which hypocrites don't have. You are concerned for your deen thats why you took the courage to say what you did. We are not perfect, we all have faults. Repent to Allah all the time and try hard not to do acts that Allah dislikes.

anonymous
05-29-2009, 08:41 AM
:salamext:

Listen to lectures on Hellfire and Paradise - that will soften your heart InshaAllaah

Faith.
05-29-2009, 10:38 AM
:sl:
It's a great start that your being honest and admitting your mistakes.
and honestly It dosn't seem like it but it's the first step.
Everyone has day's where they feel like they aren't doing enough to please Allah, or when they feel that thier eman is declining.(Like me today).
You need to strenthen your eman. Id recommend reading the Quran and it's transaltion. Cause it may be the fact that your reading Quran without understanding it thoughly.

Also try reading some benifical books.( Example: Books about Jannat.) Cause it really helps you get determined to do good, and knowing what's in store for if you do what's right.

Start with small baby steps first. Practice the Prophet Saw's Sunnah daily. Read a little bit of Quran each day. and build up from there.

Insha'Allah.
All the best.:D
:w:

Najm
05-29-2009, 10:55 AM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

SubhaanAllah!!! Take action! Do more! Learn about the life of our prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi WaSalam) and how he spent crying for this ummah. Learn about kushoo, and heaven and hell.

Pray more and listen to Quran more. Read and try to understand the translation.

I admire your honesty, and now be honest to yourself and take action.

FiAmaaniAllah

Al Qabayli
05-31-2009, 12:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
:salamext:

Listen to lectures on Hellfire and Paradise - that will soften your heart InshaAllaah
wa `Alaykum s-Salâmu wa raHmatu-Llah

I think he's right.
Read some texts who talk about Al Jahîm and you'll see your faith improving

All of us must use to do Adh-Dhikr inshaAllah. If your heart is sick it'll be the medic

wa-Llahu A`lam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.