/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Boxing - Is it allowed in Islam?

usmanlol
05-28-2009, 10:07 PM
There are 2 problems scholars may pick up on in boxing, and whether it is halaal or haraam, they are:

1) Hitting another person in the face is haraam

2) Men's clothing must be above belly button and bellow knee, and in some cases it isn't in boxing.

However, here are my replies:

1) Because boxing is a competitive sport, people in the sport are already aware of the consequences so it doesn't matter. The prophet also used to engage in physical sports, so does that make it allright?

2) Well modern day boxing is much different to say 70s or 80s because there is more freedom in clothing. And generally it does go below the ankle.

Also, some of the most famous boxers are guys like Muhammad Ali, Eubank, Hamed, who are muslim, so it could be a good way of making people aware of Islam, as I'm sure Ali has converted many people to the religion of Islam.

So, I've tried to justify my points. But can someone with more knowledge please explain if Boxing is haraam or not? With adequete reason.

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
05-28-2009, 10:09 PM
I know that wrestling is Sunnah or something! And the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhe Wasallam) actually DID wrestle! I remember he (Sallallahu alayhe Wasallam) wrestled someone who had challenged him. If he won, the deal was the other guy would become Muslim...

Tony
05-28-2009, 10:10 PM
I think poin t one refers to difiguring the face, may be wrong their but thats how I see it

Clover
05-28-2009, 10:11 PM
I did boxing for about 2-3 months, I liked it, but I prefer fighting where you can use legs, and arms, and their is less rules, and costs less. Not MMA either, I love MMA, but I can't afford it, street fighting is what I'd prefer, but street fighting with rules.

Boxing isn't really "haha, you hit me, I hit you" its all about rythmn. A lot of stuff happens in boxing, but people enjoy it, and I enjoy watching it usually.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tony
05-28-2009, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
I did boxing for about 2-3 months, I liked it, but I prefer fighting where you can use legs, and arms, and their is less rules, and costs less. Not MMA either, I love MMA, but I can't afford it, street fighting is what I'd prefer, but street fighting with rules.

Boxing isn't really "haha, you hit me, I hit you" its all about rythmn. A lot of stuff happens in boxing, but people enjoy it, and I enjoy watching it usually.
u might want to give krav maga a go then bro, Israeli special forces style, gettin popular now, or KFM keysi fighting method, both styles about disarming in real stuation

aadil77
05-28-2009, 10:32 PM
or you could just do some ira pikey style bareknuckle boxing, lol

ardianto
05-29-2009, 05:25 PM
I never hear Islamic scholar says boxing is haraam, but I often hear doctor says "Government must forbid boxing because boxing is dangerous'.

And my opinion ?. Boxing is sport, and every boxer knows what is the risk.

Sampharo
05-29-2009, 07:43 PM
From the concept of "La Darar wala Deraar" as in "Don't take harm or give harm", professional boxing can be highly questionable and not permissible in Islam. All doctors agree that there is a lot of BOTH, and many effects are permenant. Aside from that, making money by slugging each other in front of entertained paying customers looking for blood?...

There is no specific line against it though, so if it's with facial pads and approved by health professionals, why not?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.