PDA

View Full Version : EU: Muslims suffer discrimination



Uthman
05-29-2009, 07:55 AM
Discrimination against Muslims in Europe is far more widespread than reported, with one in three affected, a European Union human rights agency has said.

In a survey of Muslims in 14 EU member states, the Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) said a third of those questioned had been victims of discrimination in the past year, and 11 per cent had experienced a racially motivated crime.

It also found that most incidents are not reported to the police, because the majority of Muslims believe nothing would be done about it.

The agency is calling on European governments to increase awareness among Muslim populations on their rights and how to report crimes.

The organisation found the highest level of discrimination occured in the workplace, which the agency said was "worrying".

Morten Kjaerum, director of FRA, said: "Employment is a key part of the integration process. It is central to the contributions that migrants make to society, and to making such contributions visible.

"Discrimination may hamper the integration process."

'Access to justice'

The agency also found that Muslims aged 16 to 24 experienced more discrimination than other age groups, but that there were little differences in rates between men and women.

It said most believed discrimation occured on the grounds of ethnicity, and that discrimination on grounds of religion or belief was "very or fairly widespread".

The report, part of the first ever EU-wide survey on the experiences of immigrants and ethnic minorities, said discrimination against Muslims was similar to other minority groups in Europe.

Also in line with other minority groups, 79 per cent of Muslims responding to the survey said they do not report discriminatory incidents and cases of racist crime to any authority.

Kjaerum said more resources need to be allocated by governments for strengthening mechanisms to allow people to report racist incidents.

He said: "Public authorities have a responsibility to support the integration process. This includes making people more aware of their rights.

"All victims of racism must have access to justice - not only in theory, but also in practice."

Source
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amadeus85
05-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Claiming a discrimination is also often a good way for the political leaders of the minority to gain their political goals.
Reply

Blackpool
06-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Not surprising in the least. With extremists slaughtering innocent men, women and children in the name of Islam there are bound to be backlashes. Especially if the silent muslims don't speak up..!
Reply

The_Prince
06-02-2009, 05:36 AM
Originally Posted by Blackpool
Not surprising in the least. With extremists slaughtering innocent men, women and children in the name of Islam there are bound to be backlashes. Especially if the silent muslims don't speak up..!
lol theres always an excuse from these 'civilized' people. when they attack and discriminate, ohhh its a reactionary thing against Muslims.

when they make wars, rape, murder innocent civillians in the thousands, ohhhhhhhh its war and thats how it goes, their just collateral statistics.

tell me buddy, who were the Jews making trouble with when u Europeans were picking on them, or the blacks etc etc?????

instead of making excuses and acting like its a reactionary thing come to grips with reality and smell the cofee, europe has a rich history in oppressing and discriminating against minorities, and Muslims are the new group on the block.

infact heres the funny thing, if Muslims fight back against the ppl who discriminate and abuse them in the west, then this dummy blackpool and his kind will be on here saying ohhhhhhhhhhhhh evil muzzzzlimsssssssssssssssssssssss look at them, its always a lose lose situation, no matter what, its only when kaffirs do things that its reactionary, if it happens to be Muslims, then offcourse this kaffir will not grant the same standard, and therien lies the problem with such kaffirs and why such types are the lowest of the low.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
The_Prince
06-02-2009, 05:39 AM
Originally Posted by Blackpool
Not surprising in the least. With extremists slaughtering innocent men, women and children in the name of Islam there are bound to be backlashes. Especially if the silent muslims don't speak up..!
indeed ill use the same standard as u, its not surprising in the least that Iraqis have gone out and fought UK and US occupying terrorist soldiers, soldiers who have illegaly gone into their country and started occupying it with oppression.

also its not a surprise that many other Muslims want to fight due to the thousands of innocent people being slaughtered in the name of 'democracy' and 'freedom'.

until you backward people stop such acts and stop voting for war mongers and speak up, then maybe things might change, until then, dont see much change happening.
Reply

Blackpool
06-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by The_Prince
indeed ill use the same standard as u, its not surprising in the least that Iraqis have gone out and fought UK and US occupying terrorist soldiers, soldiers who have illegaly gone into their country and started occupying it with oppression.

also its not a surprise that many other Muslims want to fight due to the thousands of innocent people being slaughtered in the name of 'democracy' and 'freedom'.

until you backward people stop such acts and stop voting for war mongers and speak up, then maybe things might change, until then, dont see much change happening.
I would encourage the likes of Al-Qaeda to get onto the battlefields to fight our troops rather than slaughter innocent people on their way to work/school. I didn't vote for Labour, I can't stand Lib-Lab-Con as they're far too liberal for my liking.
Muslims are being discriminated in Europe. I hear nothing of Sikhs, Hindus, Africans but Muslims. It doesn't take a genius to work out the reason. Islamophobia is rife in Europe and to be quite honest with you I believe it's growing. There's only one way to combat that and that's to SPEAK UP!

What also confuses me is the fact that muslims pour out onto the streets to protest against a teddy bear and a cartoon yet do nothing of the sort when it comes to extremists distorting the words of God and the prophet to justify the murder of innocent people under the name of Islam.
Reply

Clover
06-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Discrimination in America is rather akward, to me. For instance, blacks have always been seen as the group that is discriminated against, but if you ask me, whites are the ones now. Everywhere I see, if your black, you get help, even if your poor, their are poor whites too, believe it or not, I am just as poor as many blacks, yet they get a guranteed rate into colleges cause their a minority, which ruins colleges.

Intelligence Over Race/Religion/Creed/Philosophy/Money!
Reply

Blackpool
06-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Oh I forgot to add that any British-born citizen or one that lives in the UK, attends to terrorist training camps and heads to fight British troops should be executed for treason painfully.
Reply

Uthman
06-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Greetings Blackpool
Originally Posted by Blackpool
Oh I forgot to add that any British-born citizen or one that lives in the UK, attends to terrorist training camps and heads to fight British troops should be executed for treason painfully.
There is a similar ruling for apostasy in Islam.

http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...-apostasy.html
Reply

~Raynn~
06-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Clover
Discrimination in America is rather akward, to me. For instance, blacks have always been seen as the group that is discriminated against, but if you ask me, whites are the ones now. Everywhere I see, if your black, you get help, even if your poor, their are poor whites too, believe it or not, I am just as poor as many blacks, yet they get a guranteed rate into colleges cause their a minority, which ruins colleges.

Intelligence Over Race/Religion/Creed/Philosophy/Money!
I'm sorry, off topic, but this kinda reminds me of reservation in India...in certain states, upto 69% or something of college seats are reserved for what are historically the backward classes. It does rather take you further from a meritocracy, lol...
Reply

Clover
06-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by ~Raynn~
I'm sorry, off topic, but this kinda reminds me of reservation in India...in certain states, upto 69% or something of college seats are reserved for what are historically the backward classes. It does rather take you further from a meritocracy, lol...
Well, I don't know how you can go to college, and be proud of it, when technically, you might be taking the place of another man, smarter then you, just cause of your race. That's racism in itself. I love how the powers at bay, try to solve racism with..racism.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-21-2018, 11:40 PM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-16-2010, 01:39 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 12:13 AM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 04:16 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2006, 12:00 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!