/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Extending life?

SistaSista
05-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Salam Alaykum, brothers and sisters

I am wondering, is there anything that can be done to extend life, from Quran or authentic hadith sources?

Thanks for your assistance.
May Allah bless you for your good deeds, Ameen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mathematician
05-29-2009, 08:12 PM
unfortunately no. When you are supposed to die you will die that day.
Can that day be delayed? I wouldn't think so. There are some hadiths for example saying if you are good with your relatives then your life may be extended but that's up for interpretation.
Besides, why would anyone want to extend their life in this world?

Uthman
05-29-2009, 09:04 PM
Wa 'Alaykum As-salaam

Here are the ahadith/Athaar referred to by mathematician:

Mu'adh said, "Bliss belongs to someone who is dutiful towards his parents. Allah Almighty will prolong his life." [Al-Adab Al-Mufrad]

Anas ibn Malik reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Anyone who wants to have his provision expanded and his term of life prolonged should maintain ties of kinship." [Al-Adab Al-Mufrad]

Ibn 'Umar said, "If someone fears his Lord and maintains ties of kinship, his term of life will be prolonged, he will have abundant wealth and his people will love him." [Al-Adab Al-Mufrad]

yusuf18
05-29-2009, 09:08 PM
why you want to extend life in dunay when heafter is better inshallah Muhammad said, "What business have I with the world? I am a man on horseback, who standeth under the shade of a tree, then leaveth it."

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sahabiyaat
05-29-2009, 10:11 PM
oh my lord....why on earth would anyone wna extend their life on this crappy earth..unless you fear the meeting with Allah...?

Güven
05-30-2009, 12:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
oh my lord....why on earth would anyone wna extend their life on this crappy earth..unless you fear the meeting with Allah...?
Think about it, A person spending almost his whole life in sins and later regrets it and wants to make up for it by doing good but is afraid that he's too late.

It's only natural that they want to extend their lives.

The Ruler
05-30-2009, 12:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SistaSista
Salam Alaykum, brothers and sisters

I am wondering, is there anything that can be done to extend life, from Quran or authentic hadith sources?

Thanks for your assistance.
May Allah bless you for your good deeds, Ameen
No, but healthy eating, regular exercise and no smoking should do the trick.

Were you, by any chance, looking for ayahs of the Qur'an to recite so we have prolonged shelf life?

roohani.doctor
05-30-2009, 12:34 AM
hmm You can eat healthy, stay fit, exercise... all that stuff.

Islamically I am not sure.

ragdollcat1982
05-30-2009, 12:46 AM
When it is our time to go it is our time to go.

Yanal
05-30-2009, 12:49 AM
Like Guven has stated tht you want to extend your life when your about to die or already dead and in the grave but sadly it is not possible. But Allah knows the best.

SistaSista
05-30-2009, 01:03 AM
O well, thanks for your honesty..

Yanal
05-30-2009, 01:07 AM
Wa iyka(btw it should be JazakAllah Khayr) what do you expect from asking our views ?

PS I do not mean to sound harsh...

Uthman
05-30-2009, 08:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
Wa 'Alaykum As-salaam

Here are the ahadith/Athaar referred to by mathematician:

Mu'adh said, "Bliss belongs to someone who is dutiful towards his parents. Allah Almighty will prolong his life." [Al-Adab Al-Mufrad]

Anas ibn Malik reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Anyone who wants to have his provision expanded and his term of life prolonged should maintain ties of kinship." [Al-Adab Al-Mufrad]

Ibn 'Umar said, "If someone fears his Lord and maintains ties of kinship, his term of life will be prolonged, he will have abundant wealth and his people will love him." [Al-Adab Al-Mufrad]
Do these have a different interpretation, then?

BeautyOfKoran
05-30-2009, 11:34 AM
allah has decided your life time and u cant change allahs will.dats wrong 2 do.

SistaSista
05-30-2009, 12:50 PM
JazaakAllah khairan,

I asked the question as I was wondering if there is anything that can be done to extend life for example, if one was dying of terminal illness, now I wonder what can one do to get a noble entrance into heaven? For example, I heard on the grapevine that if we double up on our prayer we will get into heaven, is this true, does anyone have hadith to support this statement?

Salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.