/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Swat Conference

abu anas somali
05-30-2009, 01:47 AM
:: CONFERENCE:: Islamic ANALYSIS ON SWAT

Introduction

Swat Valley, is a district located in the North West Frontier Province, Pakistan. Recently, this area has come under intense media scrutiny, as the Taleban continue to exert a commanding influence over the population. However, very little is known about the Islamic stance towards this burning issue and in particular the position of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama'ah. With heavy propaganda confusing the masses, this conference has been organised to clarify many of the points that have been raised by Muslims and non-Muslims alike and furthermore to provide a concrete solution to the ensuing crisis that has gripped the lives of millions of innocent men, women and children.

This conference took place earlier this week and gave an insight and the bigger problems we face and the roles and responsibilites that are required of us Muslims today, however due to technical difficulties it was unable to be broadcast via paltalk, instead a video was recorded of the event and will be able for all to watch.

Inshaa'allah this conference will be available to watch exclusively online this Sunday @ www.SalafiMedia.com.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Chains of Faith
05-30-2009, 02:40 PM
I live in Pakistan, and believe me this is a very big issue for us over here.

aadil77
05-30-2009, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chains of Faith
I live in Pakistan, and believe me this is a very big issue for us over here.
Its a huge issue, people don't know who's in the the right or wrong, go on ummah forums and theres jahil idiots making tafkir on all these different groups of muslims. Its ridiculous, the time has come where muslims are taking sides against other muslims, people are supporting the deaths of such and such muslims, thats how weak we've become

Chains of Faith
05-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Indeed. Many people here support the Talibans, but there are many other who are not prepared to let the Taliban seize control. Those who flee from Swat are now living in tents. I believe they will be most vulnerable to resort to terrorism, as they can be easily swayed by anyone who plays on their feelings.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
05-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Indeed. Many people here support the Talibans, but there are many other who are not prepared to let the Taliban seize control. Those who flee from Swat are now living in tents. I believe they will be most vulnerable to resort to terrorism, as they can be easily swayed by anyone who plays on their feelings.
Its awkward as we don't know their intentions and the taliban haven't actually tried imposing shariah whilst following shariah.

They need representatives to make their intentions clear to the public via media or something

Chains of Faith
05-30-2009, 03:21 PM
btw, some people here don't believe them to be the true Talibans but impostors trying to defame Islam.

aadil77
05-30-2009, 03:29 PM
btw, some people here don't believe them to be the true Talibans but impostors trying to defame Islam.
Theres all kind of views that why we need more awareness and information about them as a group, to be able to fully support them#

But right now its not looking good

Sampharo
05-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Islamic scholars castigate Taliban

By Fasihur Rehman Khan, Correspondent
Published: May 18, 2009, 22:56
Islamabad: A gathering of religious scholars has deemed suicide attacks as opposing Islamic teachings and rejected the Taliban-style harsh punishments as inhuman, illegal, and against Sharia.
"We reject the Taliban code of so-called Islamic law which was being imposed at gunpoint, and demand the government to restore peace and normalcy in the troubled Swat region, while completing the ongoing military operation to attain maximum results," the congregation held in Pakistan capital Islamabad said through a resolution.
"We condemn the Taliban terrorism in Malakand Division, and urge some religious and political forces sympathetic to the Taliban, not to support these fanatics who want to harm the country to achieve their ulterior motives," a resolution adopted by the gathering comprising mostly of majority Sunni sect scholars said.

zone?zid69&amppid0&ampposition1 -

Majority of moderate Pakistanis were shocked during the last few months as the Taliban in Swat and tribal areas of the country carried out punishments like flogging and slitting throats as the government writ ended in these restive areas.
The suicide attacks in towns in urban areas of the country, as well as bombing of shrines also repelled a commanding majority of Pakistanis from the Taliban who were earlier overlooked and sometimes sympathised with as hardline religious elements struggling against rising American influence in the country.
The religious scholars led by Sahibzada Fazle Karim and Mufti Munibur Rehman announced to hold the next religious scholars' convention in Peshawar.

Sampharo
05-30-2009, 06:10 PM
IN a separate piece of news that I do not know whether it is true or not (the background of the incident, the incident itself happened and on video), a girl was flogged by Taliban members publicly in a crowd. The reason is LEAVING THE HOUSE WITH HER FATHER IN LAW!!!! Apparently Taliban's version of Shariah only allows women to leave the house with their husbands or blood father.

If this is true, then this is the biggest group of misguided idiots I have ever seen. Now we can see the wisdom behind not allowing such corruption. What some groups say and what they actually do are two different things, and unfortunately we continue to live in confusion.

God deliver us from the spread of such mania to other peaceful muslim countries.

Chains of Faith
05-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Sadly, the news of the girl being flogged is true. It was all over the news here. Though I cant confirm the reason because I have been told different versions myself.

abu anas somali
05-31-2009, 03:03 PM
This conference shall be broadcast on Paltalk tonight at 7pm uk GMT TIME

Room Name: SalafiMedia

yusuf18
05-31-2009, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abu anas somali
This conference shall be broadcast on Paltalk tonight at 7pm uk GMT TIME

Room Name: SalafiMedia
brother when i downlode paltalk it doesnt work does it take up a lot of space baraka feeki

abu anas somali
05-31-2009, 04:52 PM
it is a very light programme, there shall be two lectues one in urdu and one in english

the urdu talk will be translated in english on the screen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!