/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings.

الساعي للمتعه
05-30-2009, 02:17 AM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum

I'm from Canada, I wouldn't call myself a muslim yet since I'm still learning about this great religions this is actually why I registered on these forums to learn more about Islam.

My introduction to Islam was and still is quite interesting. My mathematics teacher is from Algeria and she is Muslim, but I never felt really comfortable talking about her religion with her for the whole year I didn't ask her to talk about Islam.

But then I had to go take some driving lessons, and my instructor was from Morocco and he was quite a nice guy so I decided to debate with him about his religion. After a few lessons we developed quite a great relation about these things and he told me some of the basic of Islam with a few stories with good morals. Thanks to him, after being done with the lessons I was more and more decided to learn more about Islam.

I decided to go talk with my math teacher and she was quite happy of my interest in her religion. She told me one day that the good people on earth (who are not Muslim) they will find a Muslim in their path to show them the way. I find myself quite lucky since I've found two Muslims in my path.

It's getting late and I'm working tomorrow so this is the end of my boring introduction.

Goodnight.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
05-30-2009, 02:20 AM
MashAllah,welcome to Islam and LI,any questions feel free to ask.

egyptballer
05-30-2009, 02:29 AM
Walkium asalam,

Masha'Allah(Whatever Allah Wills),Here is an Transliteration of common Islamic terms.

http://www.islamic-dictionary.com/

This might be useful if you want to know what something means.

Well,welcome to the straight path if you ever need to talk to someone you can email me(Check your messages for my email):

Also I found this forum a very beneficial forum to discuss ideas and seek knowledge.

Lastly I would like to tell you about a site which has many stories with good morals here:

http://www.islamcan.com/

JazakrAllah Khair for posting

Yanal
05-30-2009, 02:31 AM
Opps sorry for not adding a link earlier here's an Quran link : Www.quranexplorer.com

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GreyKode
05-30-2009, 02:32 AM
hmm.. welcome to the forum.
Are you arab, just wondering about your username?

Yanal
Opps sorry for not adding a link earlier here's an Quran link : Www.quranexplorer.com

Btw it is not in hyperlink copy and paste in your bowser and inshAllah.

GreyKode
hmm.. welcome to the forum.
Are you arab, just wondering about your username?

Yanal
05-30-2009, 02:39 AM
^double post:X

Do you need to know prayer times ?

Strzelecki
05-30-2009, 03:28 PM
Wa alaikum.
Welcome.

Insha'Allah (God-willing) you have a beneficial stay here. :)

Masalaama

الساعي للمتعه
05-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Salam,

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody I appreciate it. All the links are really useful, merci beaucoup.

Alpha if you could enlight me on the prayer time I would be glad.

Greykode, no I am not arab, I'm actually french canadian. (Quebecois)

Good day

Rabi'ya
05-30-2009, 04:34 PM
:sl:

welcome welcome welcome :)

hope you enjoy your time here :)

Bint-Al-Islam
05-31-2009, 05:07 AM
Salam Alekum
Welcome to LI... May u benefit from this site Inshallah :)
Enjoy ur stay :D

crayon
05-31-2009, 09:56 AM
Ahh someone from Quebec, how nice! Montreal is number 2 on my "favorite cities in the world" list, lol.
Ooh, and we had a Quebecois revert sister here a while ago, but she doesn't come here very often anymore, I think.

InshaAllah you'll find benefit in this forum, any questions you have, don't hesitate to ask.

Oh, and your intro was anything but boring. Welcome to the forums. :)

الساعي للمتعه
06-01-2009, 02:10 AM
Salam,

Thanks again everybody :D

Crayon may I ask you why Montreal is on your number 2 'favorite cities in the world list', is it because you like the wonderful accent that we Quebecois have when talking english?

Just guessing the truth haha.

Yanal
06-01-2009, 03:06 AM
Are you from Quebec ?

crayon
06-01-2009, 09:40 AM
Lol, Quebecois accents are oh so amusing. :p

It's just the whole feel the city has, so much culture.. It's a big city, without all the negative aspects like overcrowding, crime, etc. At least the parts I was in. The people are really friendly I've found, contrary to popular opinion, people always seem to say Quebecois people are meh, but I never had any problems with them. It's multicultural, so much diversity. It's this perfect combination of everything.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!