/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Reminder

HopeFul
05-30-2009, 09:47 PM
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ عَلَيْكُمْ أَنفُسَكُمْ لاَ يَضُرُّكُم مَّن ضَلَّ إِذَا اهْتَدَيْتُمْ إِلَى اللّهِ مَرْجِعُكُمْ جَمِيعًا فَيُنَبِّئُكُم بِمَا كُنتُمْ تَعْمَلُونَ
O ye who believe! Guard your own souls: If ye follow (right) guidance, no hurt can come to you from those who stray. the goal of you all is to Allah. it is He that will show you the truth of all that ye do.

( Surah Al Mai'da-105)

There are numerous verses in the Quran in which Allah tells us to beg Him for mercy and happiness instead of following His Creation. Even if the day of judgement comes, and the whole earth is in turmoil, ripping apart, we must ask Allah's forgiveness and help, and not run after our politicians, or mentors or religious leaders, no one can save us from ANY calamity but Allah.

In the times of today when we are all dying, targeted, being tortured and hundreds of thousands of Muslims are wronged on a daily basis all over the world, we are relying on PEOPLE, our leaders, our religious leaders, our families, anyone but Allah.

This verse should remind us how we are only supposed to ask for Allah's help.

Let's forget about who is walking naked, who is killing others, who is taking bribes, Let us forget about everything and bow down in front of Allah. Each one if us is responsible for only ourselves. One person can make a HUGE difference if he thinks about it making it himself. Let's do Wudu and prostrate in front of Allah. This is the time to ask for peace, for tranquillity, perhaps even revenge...not that it may do us any good, but lay everything bare and open in your hearts and minds in front of Allah. Only HE is the Saviour, the Controller of everything that exists. We only need Him.

We should take all our fury, desperation and sorrow and turn it into intense Humility in front of Allah.

Oh Allah take all the Muslims all over the world and unite them and protect them, Ameen.

( Recently there have been many bombings in Pakistan, I got into a complete panic and then I was reading the Quraan when this verse came up, then i thought to share my thoughts what i felt at that time.. JazakAllah )

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
05-30-2009, 09:52 PM
JazakAllah Khayr for the reminder.Ameen to duas.

Btw you posted two threads...

HopeFul
05-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Im so sorry, I meant to post the other one with bigger font size for the arabic, and I accidently pressed the submit thread twice!! oops!

جوري
05-30-2009, 09:55 PM
I completely agree with above post-- excellent indeed..
Jazaki Allah khyran..

I think if we focus on Muslims first and little worry if none at all of what they think of us or our religion, we might just be on the path to our former glory instead of speaking so fondly of it and never reclaiming it..

[2:134] That was a People that hath passed away. They shall reap the fruit of what they did, and ye of what ye do! Of their merits there is no question in your case!

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
05-30-2009, 09:57 PM
Nice verse^,and hopeful you can always edit it into Arabic.

Btw Skye what happened to your posts ?

BlissfullyJaded
05-30-2009, 10:01 PM
:sl:

Jazakillah khair sis! :thumbs_up

HopeFul
05-30-2009, 10:02 PM
That is a verse of the Quraan, not a Hadees,both the ones that Skye and I quoted

P.S skye JazakAllah.. We must only and only connect to Allah, for He controls Entirely, everything that is.

Noone we ask for help could help us, Nothing n our world is big for us, it is big for us, because of our small minds, and limited thoughts, but nothing is small for Allah, turning the whole world in the opposite way and even re arranging it in such a way that old people are cared for by infants is possible for Allah, not just possible but just a "KUN, FAYAKOON" thing, (be and it is)...

So all the political situations and all the wars and all the tortures and all the bad things, are only a Dua away from reversing...

HopeFul
05-31-2009, 12:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah
:sl:

Jazakillah khair sis! :thumbs_up
Jazakillah for reading:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.