/* */

PDA

View Full Version : From Beirut to Jurusalem

syilla
06-01-2009, 03:33 AM
:salamext:

It is actually a book that i read last weekends...but i couldn't finish as the book is not mine...

Dr Ang Swee Chai grew up supporting Israel. Arabs, she was told, were terrorists. But in 1982, on the television she saw the relentless bombing of Beirut by Israeli planes. Shocked, her view of Israel began to change. It was then that she heard of an international appeal for an orthopaedic surgeon to treat war victims in Beirut. The petit woman - she was just under 1.5 meters - resigned her job in London, bade her husband farewell and set out on a journey to civil war Beirut, there she was to eye-witness the Sabra-Shatila massacres*.
she is actually a christian.

Below you can actually read the review...

http://www.inminds.co.uk/from-beirut-to-jerusalem.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
06-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Greetings and peace be with you syilla;

It is wonderful to hear about such wonderful people, and they are in all faiths and all nationalities. We should be inspired to do something similar, thank you so much for posting this story.

I am going to Jerusalem and Bethlehem later this year, and I expect I shall feel disturbed by the things I see.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people

Eric

Whatsthepoint
06-01-2009, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
:salamext:

It is actually a book that i read last weekends...but i couldn't finish as the book is not mine...

she is actually a christian.

Below you can actually read the review...

http://www.inminds.co.uk/from-beirut-to-jerusalem.html
the Sabra and Shatila massacres were actually comitted by Christian militias.

syilla
06-02-2009, 01:18 AM
I still cry...even when i'm only reading the review :(

i really really have to get that book....

below is the cover of the book that i was reading

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
06-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Whatsthepoint;
the Sabra and Shatila massacres were actually comitted by Christian militias.
Sadly they were not acting in a Christian way, it is a great tragedy that with all our knowledge we still do not know how to treat others justly.

In the spirit of praying for forgiveness, peace and reconciliation between all people

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.