/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How will you treat your parents when they are old?

جوري
06-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Media Tags are no longer supported

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
06-01-2009, 08:02 PM
That was soo sad and such a good message, We should never treat our parents bad.

here is one with english subtitles btw :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNK6h...eature=related

Banu_Hashim
06-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Subhanallah, even though I couldn't follow word for word, I knew exactly what it was about and it definitely made an impression. I hope this'll remind me to be more grateful to my parents. Is that Abdul Basit Abdus Samad reciting at the end?

I love his recitations:cry: I used to listen to them as a kid.

جوري
06-01-2009, 08:10 PM
I think it is abdul. basit indeed?.. from suret Al-Isra'a:

[17:23] Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour.

the father asked his son a few times' what is that' and the son said, I told you it is a bird, it is a bird.. so his dad took out a diary he kept since his son was born, and it appears on his third birthday he'd asked him the same question 21 times 'what is that', and the father loved it..

anyhow, see humans do get impatient of their parents, and even parents may get annoyed with their kids but not the case at all with Allah swt.. he loves that we keep asking and making du3a..

yeah the vid upset me, so I figured I'd pass it along and upset a few more people lol

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.