/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assalamu Alaykum

Beardo
06-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Assalamu Alaykum,
My name is Rashad Abdullah, and yes, I am from the DiariesofaHafiz.com blog :P. A little about my username. the "e" is like e-card, e-mail, etc. And the Hafiz, for those who don't know, means someone that has memorized the Qur'aan. So you put it together, eHafiz!

I'm not exactly NEW new, been about two weeks I think? Looking forward to discussing with you all!

:D:D:D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Raudha
06-01-2009, 10:53 PM
:w:
Welcome brother. I hope you enjoy your stay. May Allah keep the Quraan embedded in your heart and increase yours and our knowledge of the Quraan.Ameen

Beardo
06-02-2009, 12:02 AM
Ameen!

Muslim Woman
06-02-2009, 01:37 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
Assalamu Alaykum,

.. memorized the Qur'aan.
:D:D:D
MashaAllah. How long it took you to memorise the whole Quran ? May Allah gives u best rewards .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Strzelecki
06-03-2009, 08:30 AM

Welcome, eHafiz.

BintAbee
06-03-2009, 08:39 AM
:sl:

Welcome brother... I enjoyed reading your blog :thumbs_up

Rabi'ya
06-03-2009, 09:41 PM

welcome. ive not read your blog but inshAllah when I get time. Any advice on becoming a hafiz?

Beardo
06-04-2009, 03:50 AM
Oh, questions. My favorite :D

It took me a long whopping (yet fulfilling) four years to complete the Qur'aan. Did it alongside school. You can read details on my blog :rollseyes

And any advice... Again, best to read my blog. But since you ask...

Hifdh is very time consuming, and the journey is long and rough. It encompasses more than I thought when I began the pursuit. However, at the same time, it also assisted me in accomplishing things I really never thought I would. It did not pull me back from my other endeavors, which include my list of sites (Jannah Network sites), and I hope that Insha'Allah I can get a degree soon as well.

In regards to advice... I'd say DO IT! Your memory is a muscle. Those who work out, must work out every day or quite often. Otherwise their muscle will SAG. Same with the memory, must work on your Qur'aan every every EVERY day! But it's very fulfilling. I miss the days I used to memorize the Qur'aan. Funny how it works, because when I was memorizing the Qur'aan, I couldn't wait to the end of the tunnel. Now I look back, those days were my best days. Both in secular AND religious studies.

There's a lot I could say. lol, I love talking/chatting. Which is why I opened the blog. It satisfies my passion for writing and discussing. I'm alot like :omg: . lol

Any other questions, feel free to ask. I'd prefer you ask on the blog though, so everyone can read it. :sunny:

Jazakumullahu Khair! I look forward to a nice time with you all. :)

HopeFul
06-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Okay just one last question, I read that you were eleve when you started, are you 16, 17 now? Alhamdolillah I am working on my 6 year old son, is it easier for younger kids or is it harder?

is it important to get him enrolled into a school for it, or is it possible forhim to do at home with me, even though arabic is not the language we speak...

:D:D:D:D
too many questions!!!

MashaAllah i ahve been reading your blog too,

May Allah protect you and give guidance and Tawfeeq to my children too for Hifz, ameen

Beardo
06-04-2009, 10:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HopeFul
Okay just one last question, I read that you were eleve when you started, are you 16, 17 now? Alhamdolillah I am working on my 6 year old son, is it easier for younger kids or is it harder?

is it important to get him enrolled into a school for it, or is it possible forhim to do at home with me, even though arabic is not the language we speak...

:D:D:D:D
too many questions!!!

MashaAllah i ahve been reading your blog too,

May Allah protect you and give guidance and Tawfeeq to my children too for Hifz, ameen
It's definitely easier for the younger ones, but it's also a trial for them. Less play time, more practice time. It really depends. If you think you can guide him throughout his childhood, then it's definitely a plus. There needs to be a LOT of parental backing for him. It's not just dropping and picking him up from the Islamic school.

Well, he probably needs to start with the Arabic letters, right? I don't recommend at-home studies until after he learns the Tajweed. Pronunciation is a big key of reading and memorizing, so you want him to learn it well. I'd suggest you look for the best teacher in your locality.

Part of my blog is to remain as secret as possible. As you can see, I give VERY VERY little detail about my personal self in terms of age etc. lol. I'll PM you :P I just like the secrecy for some reason. It makes me more open I think.

HopeFul
06-05-2009, 01:28 AM
So i read your PM before i read your reply here..

Alhamdolillah i am perfect with tajweed, but you are right I would have to get a teacher first, yes he knows the alphabets, he knows a little Quraan by heart now, Alhamdolillah we're making progress together, pray for us, and May allah reward you and help you keep the knowledge and practice it, as forgetting is so easy...

May Allah make Quraan a salvation for you and your family, ameen.

Beardo
06-05-2009, 02:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HopeFul
So i read your PM before i read your reply here..

Alhamdolillah i am perfect with tajweed, but you are right I would have to get a teacher first, yes he knows the alphabets, he knows a little Quraan by heart now, Alhamdolillah we're making progress together, pray for us, and May allah reward you and help you keep the knowledge and practice it, as forgetting is so easy...

May Allah make Quraan a salvation for you and your family, ameen.
Ameen! Ameen!

I know quite a few boys in my locality who have started the memorization at the ages of 4-6, and slowly (alongside with their secular studies) they memorized the Qur'aan and then at the age of 11, Masha'allah, completed the Qur'aan!

ژاله
06-05-2009, 03:43 AM
welcome eHafiz!i liked your blog:)

Beardo
06-05-2009, 03:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaak
welcome eHafiz!i liked your blog:)
:D :D :D Jazakallah! I'm starting to like this forum more and more :P seems like alotta people read my blog after I posted the link!

Don't forget to comment toooo! :statisfie

GreyKode
06-05-2009, 03:55 AM
Hey bro, sorry for the late welcome, just couldn't resist saying Assalamu Alaikum to a full Qur'an hafiz, you and your likes are a pride of the ummah.
I've been memorizing on my own, just lil by lil.
Now I'm memorizing surat al sajdah(I know its small:-[).

Beardo
06-05-2009, 06:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GreyKode
Hey bro, sorry for the late welcome, just couldn't resist saying Assalamu Alaikum to a full Qur'an hafiz, you and your likes are a pride of the ummah.
I've been memorizing on my own, just lil by lil.
Now I'm memorizing surat al sajdah(I know its small:-[).
Subhanallah, haven't felt so honored since the actual day I completed. :D

Jazakumullahu Khair! Remember me in your duas.

And, Surah Sajdah is a good start! The secret is consistency. Though that might be hypocritical on my part, seeing that my daily reads are various lol... :rollseyes

Beardo
06-05-2009, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk

Welcome to the forums Bro :welcome:
Hope you are enjoying your stay here. If you got time, take part in the various quran related 'game threads' in the Islamic Quiz section.

Just checked your blog, seems a nice one to me, MashaAllah.
Jazakallah & I gotta check that game out!

Beardo
06-12-2009, 01:44 AM
This might be considered unnecessary, but how does my avatar look? I finally made time to put up my own personal avatar. For those who know me, you'll know this is my avatar for everything lol.

Yanal
06-12-2009, 02:55 AM
Nice:) yh I saw on your hotmail network ,mashAllah really good!:)

Bint-Al-Islam
06-13-2009, 05:10 AM
Salam Alekum
Welcome to LI... May u benefit from this site Inshallah :)
Enjoy ur stay :D

Uthman
06-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Wa 'Alaykum As-Salaam

Brother Rashad, you and I will be close friends very soon Inshaa'Allah. :D

Welcome.

Yanal
06-17-2009, 08:14 PM
Lol is it because he is an admin now..

Beardo
06-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Insha'Allah! :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.