/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm not a game console person...

Blackpool
06-02-2009, 11:12 AM
But this sounds awesome! :D I'd definately get one of these.

Hands free Xbox 360 is unveiled

A 3D computer game console that ditches controllers and uses full body movement instead has been unveiled by Microsoft.
The motion-sensing system codenamed "Project Natal" is capable of allowing players to kick a virtual football or pull an imaginary trigger.

It will work with the firm's current Xbox 360 machine and is designed to challenge the massive dominance among families of its rival, the Nintendo Wii.

The secret device was revealed last night at the E3 gaming expo in Los Angeles.

The system uses a camera and sensors to work out the distance of a player from the TV and then builds up a three-dimensional map of their movements.

It differs from the motion-sensing Wii which still needs participants to hold a controller in their hand to replicate actions on screen.

Natal can also respond to voice commands and facial expressions.

It was launched by film director Steven Spielberg, who has himself begun to create games. His first effort, a puzzle title called Boom Blox, won a BAFTA Award earlier this year.

He said: "The next step in interactive entertainment is to make the controller disappear. With this device, we'll see games that bring everyone together through technology that actually recognises us."

Advertisement

He added: "Despite the size of the industry, 60 per cent of households do not own a videogame console. The only way to bring interactive entertainment to everybody is to make the technology invisible."

Microsoft also used the event to announce partnerships with Facebook and music recommendation service Last.fm, both of which will now work on the US giant's console.

The firm's John Schappert added: "We're creating the definitive social network."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-unveiled.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GreyKode
06-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Seems a lil unbelievable, I mean how accurate is this thing.

Blackpool
06-02-2009, 11:36 AM
I don't know but there's quite a few articles about it (google.) If it can recognise facial expressions it must be pretty accurate. Apparently it will put the Wii to shame

aamirsaab
06-02-2009, 11:50 AM
:sl:
Unless the games are compatable with the hardware, this thing will sink. Also, some games wouldn't really work that well, say first-person shooters or role playing games (unless the sensors can pick up weapons etc) so they software would be limited.

It would be great for boxing games, but they'd have to get the perspective correct; the eye-toy (very similar type of product to that in the main article) on ps2 came with a game collection and one of them was a 1 player boxing minigame. But the perspective was kinda dumb so it didn't really work that well.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
06-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Sounds like the WII....

Blackpool
06-02-2009, 10:04 PM
A wii???? Nothing alike. This is how ACCURATE this console actually is. Watch the video half way down this page.... this is a preview of it. It's amazing!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8077369.stm

yusuf18
06-02-2009, 10:12 PM
subanallah games ?even the thought of playing games waste of time .we dont no our fate weather or not we will go to hell or pardice subanallah games im scared every second weathere or not allah is pleased with me we could die anytime death is closer every second and some of us play games we are the ones who are playing games with ourr self (o allah i ask you make my fear for you more ameen

Blackpool
06-02-2009, 10:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by yusuf18
subanallah games ?even the thought of playing games waste of time .we dont no our fate weather or not we will go to hell or pardice subanallah games im scared every second weathere or not allah is pleased with me we could die anytime death is closer every second and some of us play games we are the ones who are playing games with ourr self (o allah i ask you make my fear for you more ameen
****... Do you enjoy being muslim? It doesn't sound it. Loosen up and have a bit of fun! God isn't as bad as you may think!

S_87
06-02-2009, 11:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
A wii???? Nothing alike. This is how ACCURATE this console actually is. Watch the video half way down this page.... this is a preview of it. It's amazing!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8077369.stm
it sure looks cool

Güven
06-03-2009, 12:17 AM
It looks quite accurate.

Sampharo
06-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Looks awesome. My wife was just looking and said she thinks she might start playing with our son if it will be like that. However I disagree on one note:

"Despite the size of the industry, 60 per cent of households do not own a videogame console. The only way to bring interactive entertainment to everybody is to make the technology invisible."
Wrong in my opinion. The only way to bring it to everybody is to reduce the out of control video game prices.

Technically true Yusuf, and worrying whether pious or less a person should be regarding God. But not all the time, that is too heavy for the soul. The prophet -pbuh- raised Aisha to watch over the ethipoians dancing and singing and when asked by a companion the prophet answered: "An hour and an hour" as in you need to spend some time in resting and some time studying to gain knowledge for God, some time working to build your life and some time worshipping God, some time crying and asking forgiveness and some time laughing and enjoying life. There's a whole book called "La TaHzan" (Don't be sad) by the great Sheikh Aa'ed Al-Qarany, read it and it should insha Allah be good for you.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Have you guys heard of milo?? Thats soooo coooooool :D AI!?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...ead-milo/50016

There might be music :S so sorry bout it. I mean in the add before the vid.

Muezzin
06-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Looks like a more advanced version of Sony's EyeToy.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-03-2009, 09:52 PM
It looks cool though. I hope it's not something you play with for a while and then get bored.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-03-2009, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GreyKode
Seems a lil unbelievable, I mean how accurate is this thing.
oh its believable bro

wii could have been so much more, but they just didnt try hard enough.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-03-2009, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sampharo
There's a whole book called "La TaHzan" (Don't be sad) by the great Sheikh Aa'ed Al-Qarany, read it and it should insha Allah be good for you.
Thats a good book :)

Tony
06-03-2009, 09:56 PM
it looks like a hole in my pocket

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.