/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I have £1000 what should I do?

anonymous
06-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Alhumdolliah I just came into £1000. I don't want to just spend it but I don't have a clue on what to do with it, I thought of shares, bonds or just put in in the bank ?

Is there anything else?

What would you guys recommend?

I dont really know whats halah and whats not.

Thanls

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
06-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Ermm

Give some to the poor
Buy your parents a gift
Save it for marriage, if you're not already married
Treat your family to dinner

Or you could do the boring (and fiiiine, the most responsible) thing and actually invest it somewhere.
Start a business!

rpwelton
06-02-2009, 01:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Alhumdolliah I just came into £1000. I don't want to just spend it but I don't have a clue on what to do with it, I thought of shares, bonds or just put in in the bank ?

Is there anything else?

Thanls
Honestly I would recommend buying gold, and then get a safe deposit box at a bank and keep it there. You're not going to get super great returns on your investment, but it will be a stable one, insha'Allah.

It's also a good Islamic investment, as stocks can be iffy as to whether or not they are halal, and for sure bonds are out of the question.

I also second the notion that you should give some sadaqah out of it, and then invest the rest.

And of course, if you have any debts, pay them off first.

noorseeker
06-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Go to umrah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
06-02-2009, 01:54 PM
:sl:

put it in the bank and keep saving

anonymous
06-02-2009, 01:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
Go to umrah
^ Best reply on this thread MashaAllaah.

AabiruSabeel
06-02-2009, 02:00 PM

As bro nighstar said, go for Umrah, or better still, plan for Hajj this year, if you have not performed Hajj already. One must not delay Hajj when he is capable of performing it.

Yanal
06-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Give 250$ to charity and put the other somewhere safe.

nebula
06-02-2009, 03:12 PM
invest some money to a mosque thats getting built, buy urself a nice cheesecake from tesco

yusuf18
06-02-2009, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
invest some money to a mosque thats getting built, buy urself a nice cheesecake from tesco
give all of it to allah sake

aadil77
06-02-2009, 03:15 PM
bro I think I can tell who you are just by the way you say 'halah' and not 'halal' :D:thumbs_up

ardianto
06-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Why don't you thinking about start a business ?

Sahabiyaat
06-02-2009, 03:52 PM
for the sake of Allah.....give it to me. In charity.

Güven
06-02-2009, 03:54 PM
start a business with £1000.... in this time ?

I think he should save it , he may need it in the future. (Umrah , Hajj, Children, studies, Marriage etc. )

Mujahidah4Allah
06-02-2009, 03:59 PM

the first thing i thought was 'go umrah' so... go umrah...

ws/salam

ardianto
06-02-2009, 04:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
start a business with £1000.... in this time ?

I think he should save it , he may need it in the future. (Umrah , Hajj, Children, studies, Marriage etc. )
Do you think that is not enough to start a business ?
Main capital in business is not money, but motivation and entepreneurship spirit.

I know a guy who started a business with pictures of shoes. He walked door to door offering shoes like in these pictures, and when he got an order he made that shoe. Now he has a shoes factory and several shops.

And he is not the only businessman who start a business without money.

aadil77
06-02-2009, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I know a guy who started a business with pictures of shoes. He walked door to door offering shoes like in these pictures, and when he got an order he made that shoe. Now he has a shoes factory and several shops.

Yh I'd like to see something like that in this age

Banu_Hashim
06-02-2009, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rpwelton
Honestly I would recommend buying gold, and then get a safe deposit box at a bank and keep it there. You're not going to get super great returns on your investment, but it will be a stable one, insha'Allah.

It's also a good Islamic investment, as stocks can be iffy as to whether or not they are halal, and for sure bonds are out of the question.

I also second the notion that you should give some sadaqah out of it, and then invest the rest.

And of course, if you have any debts, pay them off first.
How much gold can he realistically buy to "invest" (not sure exactly how that works) though with 1000 pounds?

I was thinking of a bar of gold lol, but that's like tens if not hundreds of thousands of pounds each...

Give some of it to the poor!

Güven
06-02-2009, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Do you think that is not enough to start a business ?
Main capital in business is not money, but motivation and entepreneurship spirit.

I highly doubt that is possible in the UK.

If you live in Europe than 1000 pounds are not enough to start a decent business.

The Economy is in a bad shape.

drahmed
06-02-2009, 04:59 PM

Is there anything else?

Thanls
please do not put in the bank if it causes to earn money with interest

because it is not halal.

could you please listen what Quran says at ''al-Bakara'':2/275-279

you keep it, it's yours for a few time or

spend it for the sake of Allah, it's yours for eternal

meanwhile, I am Ahmed, a Muslim,Turkish,Doctor,Cardiologist

true believer
06-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Give some to charity!!! Allah will reward u. Besides, money can go as fast as it goes so use it wisely. Im sure u'll find other uses also lol. Dnt forget to thank allah tho. Lol peace x

Zahida
06-02-2009, 05:21 PM
:sl: :sunny: Spend it...................... Personally i would add some more and go for umrah......................;D:w:

Beardo
06-02-2009, 05:54 PM
I would say start a business as well. On-line, perhaps? But it has to be a good type of business...

I'd say save it otherwise.

7eighty6
06-02-2009, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
I highly doubt that is possible in the UK.

If you live in Europe than 1000 pounds are not enough to start a decent business.

The Economy is in a bad shape.
the problem is i can walk around with a picture of shoe door to door. When and if i ever sell it, i will run into trouble. Cuz i don't know how to make shoes. :-(

Seriously, if you don't have any debt, give some to a mosque and go for Umrah if u can.

Salahudeen
06-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Sponsor an orphan for a year I think it's £300

rpwelton
06-03-2009, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
How much gold can he realistically buy to "invest" (not sure exactly how that works) though with 1000 pounds?

I was thinking of a bar of gold lol, but that's like tens if not hundreds of thousands of pounds each...

Give some of it to the poor!
I'm sure there are many places to buy gold in the UK. You don't have to buy it in bar form.

All you have to do is look at the current price of gold to determine how much one can buy (like exchange rates, I'm sure different shops will have slightly different prices).

I'm looking into gold myself because it is a very stable investment.

ardianto
06-03-2009, 04:10 PM
Are you in UK, anonymous ?
I find Islamic Bank of Britain (IBB), maybe you can open saving account in that bank.

Muslim Woman
06-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Salaam/Peace

Alhumdolliah I just came into £1000.
Woow MashaAllah ; save something for Hajj if u have not performed it already. Offer mom to go with u ; Do some charity . Invest in some halal business ; Btw u may share it with us also :D

jannat
06-03-2009, 06:12 PM

Is there anything else?

Thanls
salams,

yeah give it me, i need it to study further Inshallah, help your sis in islam....

seriously:
Give it to the poor, If you give money to charity will always return it back and inshallah you will get more.
save it for your future, i.e. further study, marriage etc
Invest in something which will help in the future.. for yourself +the ummah :D

AnonymousPoster
06-03-2009, 06:16 PM
give some to meeeeeeeeeeeeee..............

Snowflake
06-04-2009, 04:48 PM
As a bro said before, donate some to mosque being built.

Buy a lawn-mower and start doing people's lawns - so you make more money! On a good day you can earn a hundred quid!! Five lawns a day at 20 quid a lawn and you're sorted.

Buy parents something nice & practical and put rest away and forget about it. For now :D

Sampharo
06-04-2009, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
As a bro said before, donate some to mosque being built.

Buy a lawn-mower and start doing people's lawns - so you make more money! On a good day you can earn a hundred quid!! Five lawns a day at 20 quid a lawn and you're sorted.
I think this is the most realistic yet beneficial idea combination. Buying a lawnmower and just doing the lawn around the neighborhood would put decent money in your pocket and is good personal business. If you can do that along with a new mosque being built (better than already built one, because one being built means your money goes into structure which is Sadaqa Gareya giving you rewards for a very long time insha Allah) then you would have done the best with the money.

- Bank saving with interest is haraam, without the money's value will disipate over time.
- Gold you won't be able to buy enough to make a difference, it requires large capital.
- shares they're all down now and though there are opportunities, the market is still quite risky.
- investing in somebody's business is again risky and if they lose the money you will not know how or why and would have gained nothing.

From what you earn extra you can go to Umra and pilgrimage or save some more.

Best money is that which help you make more halal money.

:)

nada
06-05-2009, 09:08 PM
brother , plz save it for marriage ! i dont want u to live what im living now ...

go_go_easy
06-14-2009, 08:50 PM
go for Umrah

Abu Hannah
06-14-2009, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by go_go_easy
go for Umrah
Agreed....

aadil77
06-14-2009, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nada
brother , plz save it for marriage ! i dont want u to live what im living now ...
Thats a good point, your savings might make it easier for you during marriage, but then again what ever you spend in the path of Allah, Allah will compensate you with more InshAllah

- IqRa -
06-15-2009, 08:14 AM
So what have you done with the money?

IbnAbdulHakim
06-15-2009, 08:35 AM
looooooooooool

bro/sis why not ask parents or a teacher or even give it to parents :D

spend in the way of Allah :D

AnonymousPoster
06-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Not the original Anon

Salaams Anon,

I would suggest that if you do not know how to drive, invest the money in taking driving lessons... A skill for life. :)

All the best.

Ansariyah
06-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Give it to ur parents!! Or just buy urself something nice, the rest give it to the poor.

Snowflake
06-15-2009, 08:12 PM
If our brother buys a lawn-mower or invests it to generate more income, that money can go a long way and he can do more deeds with it, i.e. go to umrah, send parents to Hajj, help support family, give continously to charity etc etc. Blowing it all at once doesn't sound appealing to me.

Lina
06-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Save it. You don't know what tomorrow brings.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.