/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Al Qaeda Cell 'Beheads British Hostage'

Blackpool
06-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Al Qaeda Cell 'Beheads British Hostage'

Prime Minister Gordon Brown has condemned the apparent "barbaric" killing of a British hostage held in the Sahara by an al Qaeda cell.

Tourist Edwin Dyer was captured on the border between Niger and Mali and held hostage for more than four months before claims of his murder emerged.

The Briton and three tourists - two Swiss citizens and a German woman also taken hostage - were returning from a music festival, near Timbuktu, on January 22.

Terror group al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghrebsaid (AQIM) said on a website it had killed Mr Dyer and that disbelievers would be "smitten in the neck".

A London newspaper reported that the hostage had been beheaded.

"We have strong reason to believe that a British citizen, Edwin Dyer, has been murdered by an al Qaeda cell in Mali," Mr Brown said in a statement.

"I utterly condemn this appalling and barbaric act of terrorism."

AQIM had said it would kill Mr Dyer if the British government did not release Abu Qatada, a Jordanian Islamist in jail in the UK.

The cell, on the website used by al Qaeda-linked groups, now says the killing was carried out on May 31 after a second deadline for meeting its demands expired.

"The British captive was killed so that he, and with him the British state, may taste a tiny portion of what innocent Muslims taste every day at the hands of the Crusader and Jewish coalition to the east and to the west," the statement went on.

"Let Gordon Brown and his aggressor government reap the fruits of their thoughtless policies towards Muslims."

Mr Brown said: "I want those who would use terror against British citizens to know beyond doubt that we and our allies will pursue them relentlessly."

"I have regularly discussed this case with the president of Mali - he knows that he will have every support in rooting out al Qaeda from his country."

Qatada was named by a Spanish judge as the right-hand man in Europe of Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda network.

The cleric has been held in Britain since 2005. He denies belonging to the group.

Britain has described him as a "significant international terrorist" but said it does not have enough evidence to put him on trial.

It wants to deport him on grounds of national security, but Appeal Court judges ruled last year he would not face a fair trial in Jordan.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor...atada_Released

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Clover
06-05-2009, 03:14 AM
That's sad. I hope they lived good lives, sad that they had to be shortened by the Al Qaeda.

Joe98
06-05-2009, 05:13 AM
Beheading! So barbaric!

It happens so often nobody is suprised !

-

The_Prince
06-06-2009, 02:10 AM
yes, well this is just as disgusting as the torture that happens to Muslims by foreign troops in Afghanistan and Iraq, and other puppet nations where innocent Muslims are flown off to to get tortured at the behest of western goverments.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ragdollcat1982
06-06-2009, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
yes, well this is just as disgusting as the torture that happens to Muslims by foreign troops in Afghanistan and Iraq, and other puppet nations where innocent Muslims are flown off to to get tortured at the behest of western goverments.

All violence of this nature is disgusting. I am glad that Gitmo will be closed down and it will be a sad part of American history indeed. I am saddened about what is going on in Israel, Gaza and Darfur.

Wyatt
06-06-2009, 03:57 PM
So, the beheading was totally OK, guys.

How can one support any side when innocence is the weapon of war?

~Taalibah~
06-06-2009, 04:03 PM
I agree.

format_quote Originally Posted by ragdollcat1982
All violence of this nature is disgusting. I am glad that Gitmo will be closed down and it will be a sad part of American history indeed. I am saddened about what is going on in Israel, Gaza and Darfur.
Last i heard Obama was having trouble closing down the horrible place. It seems that now american votes were against its closure.
See here

aadil77
06-06-2009, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Podarok

no one said it was ok, I'd rather they did they whatever they wished to a captured soldier, that way you'd be taking it out on the perpetrators of killings and abuse of innocent muslims and not on people who had nothing to do with it.

glo
06-06-2009, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ragdollcat1982
Amen to that, ragdollcat!

Sampharo
06-06-2009, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
no one said it was ok, I'd rather they did they whatever they wished to a captured soldier, that way you'd be taking it out on the perpetrators of killings and abuse of innocent muslims and not on people who had nothing to do with it.
True. Even warring soldiers against Islam have rights and they have to be treated with humanity the way they used to back in the days of proper Jihad. We just have warring illiterates who claim Islam by name and for political gain while apparently carrying the hearts of devils: Capturing civilians outside jurisdiction without declared war, holding for ransom and then killing and mutilating in a way that strikes terror to other peaceful civilians, then commiting suicide attacks killing other civilians and their own kin now. Every single one is unislamic and dishonorable and the gravest of sins even at open war.

I further don't understand why we haven't seen a single outright attack on a legitimate target like a military Israeli checkpoint for donkey's years? WHY?!

Frustrating.:enough!:

crayon
06-06-2009, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
That's sad. I hope they lived good lives, sad that they had to be shortened by the Al Qaeda.
Just a side note: in Islam we believe that it is impossible for a life to be "cut short". Allah has decreed when a person will be born and when he will die. When a person dies is when his life was meant to end, not any earlier or later, no matter how old or young the person is.
I know you're not muslim, just thought I'd give a little Islamic perspective on your statement. :)

KAding
06-06-2009, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sampharo
I further don't understand why we haven't seen a single outright attack on a legitimate target like a military Israeli checkpoint for donkey's years? WHY??
Well, because they are probably too hard to get at. Soldiers have guns, they might return fire and defend themselves. It's not an issue of not wanting, it's probably an issue of not being able to. at least not with any kind of efficiency.

Yanal
06-06-2009, 04:25 PM
:salamext:
Nicely caught Crayon:) In Islam whatever happens ,happens because it is destined by Allah and nothing can stop that because Allah has already decided that when we die etc..
And on the article it is sad indeed but it was Allahs will and it occurred but there should've been security or warnings of that area. But Allah wished it so it happened and that should be it's positive side.

KAding
06-06-2009, 04:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Just a side note: in Islam we believe that it is impossible for a life to be "cut short". Allah has decreed when a person will be born and when he will die. When a person dies is when his life was meant to end, not any earlier or later, no matter how old or young the person is.
I know you're not muslim, just thought I'd give a little Islamic perspective on your statement. :)
Sorry to go off-topic a bit here, but surely Allah does not decide when I, say, shoot my neighbor after an argument about noise pollution? I thought that was the whole point of free will, that we are responsible for our actions. Surely murder 'cuts life short' without God decreeing it?

glo
06-06-2009, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
Nicely caught Crayon:) In Islam whatever happens ,happens because it is destined by Allah and nothing can stop that because Allah has already decided that when we die etc..
And on the article it is sad indeed but it was Allahs will and it occurred but there should've been security or warnings of that area. But Allah wished it so it happened and that should be it's positive side.

Does that argument still sit so easily when we - for example - talk about innocents killed in Iraq?
Does it ease the pain and anger people feel when they see the footage of those who have died, to know that Allah has willed it to happen?
Does it ease the grief those loved ones feel when they cradle their dead? imsad

Yanal
06-06-2009, 05:01 PM
:salamext: Glo.

It does not if they do not think about it,and if the person who was killed a good role model in Islam then they should not fear of where he is going but if he was not they should pray the most they can and move on with their lives.

crayon
06-06-2009, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Sorry to go off-topic a bit here, but surely Allah does not decide when I, say, shoot my neighbor after an argument about noise pollution? I thought that was the whole point of free will, that we are responsible for our actions. Surely murder 'cuts life short' without God decreeing it?
It doesn't take anything away from your free will. Allah knew that at this moment in time, you were going to shoot your neighbor, and that he would die. It was written. It is your decision, but Allah knows that it will happen.

Perhaps this will explain a bit better:

It is true that birth, death and rizq have been predestined while the human being is just created in his or her mother's womb as the hadith in Sahih Muslim: "Verily the creation of each one of you is brought together in the mother's belly for forty days in the form of a seed, then he is a clot of blood for a like period, then a morsel of flesh for a like period, then there is sent to him the angel who blows the breath of life into him and who is commanded about four matters: to write down his means of livelihood, his life span, his actions, and whether happy or unhappy. By Allah, other than Whom there is no deity, verily one of you behaves like the people of Paradise until there is but an arm's length between him and it, and that which has been written overtakes him and so he behaves like the people of Hell-fire until there is but an arm's length between him and it, and that which has been written overtakes him and so he behaves like the people of Paradise and thus he enters it."

According to this hadith, we believe everything in our life is predestined but at the same time we do not know what Allah has written, and we choose in our life our real fate. As the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said to his companion: "Do your job as everybody will be guided to what has been destined for him/her."
source

format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Does that argument still sit so easily when we - for example - talk about innocents killed in Iraq?
Does it ease the pain and anger people feel when they see the footage of those who have died, to know that Allah has willed it to happen?
Does it ease the grief those loved ones feel when they cradle their dead? imsad
For me personally it has nothing to do with all those questions. Allah knows the day of our birth, and the day of our death. That is our life span. To say that a life was "cut short" implies that there was meant to be more to come, when in actuality, no one dies except at the time that they were supposed to. In arabic the term is "ajal musamma" which translates to "decreed term".

6:2 He it is Who hath created you from clay, and hath decreed a term for you. A term is fixed with Him. Yet still ye doubt!

63:11 But to no soul will Allah grant respite when the time appointed (for it) has come; and Allah is well acquainted with (all) that ye do.

3:145 Nor can a soul die except by Allah's leave, the term being fixed as by writing. If any do desire a reward in this life, We shall give it to him; and if any do desire a reward in the Hereafter, We shall give it to him. And swiftly shall We reward those that (serve us with) gratitude.

Karina
06-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Death, war, violence, oppression and needless killing cause such misery, no matter who the victim is.

My thoughts are with his family

imsad

Clover
06-07-2009, 05:10 AM
That is a destiny, I believe that, but some destiny's can be changed, I believe our ancestos affect that, but eh. I don't think they were Muslims either? I don't know, I know if I get captured when I am on a tour (still got 2 years to go, but I'd rather be doing a tour atm then dealing with school, cause school has got to where its like a battlefield) I don't get captured, that'd suck, and I'd probably grow a hatred, some do while in captivity.

Zafran
06-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Salaam

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...e-1698621.html

peace

ragdollcat1982
06-07-2009, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha
I agree.

Last i heard Obama was having trouble closing down the horrible place. It seems that now american votes were against its closure.
See here
I have wanted that place closed down for years. The American government should be above torture. We hung Japanese soldiers in WW2 for doing it to American POWs.

The_Prince
06-07-2009, 03:53 PM

erm? you dont know how to read english? where did i say the beheading is ok, as i said its JUST AS DISGUSTING, meaning its not ok.

~Taalibah~
06-07-2009, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
:sl:
Interesting. A bit of the truth, perhaps?

Wyatt
06-08-2009, 12:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
[below]

erm? you dont know how to read english? where did i say the beheading is ok, as i said its JUST AS DISGUSTING, meaning its not ok.
yes, well this is just as disgusting as the torture that happens to Muslims...

With "yes, well this is..." sounds like you are backing them up as if they had every right to do it. Sure, it's just as disgusting, but anyone continuing such dispicable acts are in no way justified.

Of course, if Allah decides when everyone should die, should anyone be punished for murdering? It was Allah's will, right? This is very confusing. Predestination and religion don't quite mix to me. :exhausted

crayon
06-08-2009, 08:34 AM
^Check out this thread and watch the videos, inshaAllah what predestination really means will become clearer for you.
http://www.islamicboard.com/aqeedah/...stination.html

aamirsaab
06-08-2009, 08:53 AM
[/I]
Of course, if Allah decides when everyone should die, should anyone be punished for murdering? It was Allah's will, right? This is very confusing. Predestination and religion don't quite mix to me. :exhausted
Oi vai!

One of the aims of Islam is to ensure peace in a society; you cannot have that if murderers go around unchecked and unpunished. Yeah Allah decides who should die but that doesn't mean you allow murderers to go freaking unpunished!

On topic:
Absolutely disgusting. I condemn this act and all others like it: killing civilians is a heinous crime.

GuestFellow
06-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Poor Edwin Dyer. It is sad to see these horrific events occur. I hope his killers get caught.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.