/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jannah....desires....

AnonymousPoster
06-03-2009, 08:08 PM
:sl:

Im sure there have been other similar threads to this, so I'm sorry if what I'm saying seems repetitive..

For a while Ive been thinking about this alot, about why men seem to get so much in Jannah.. its always the reward for men that is heard about. And I know its probably a topic which cannot be answered as only Allah knows the real answer.

I mean I'm not saying that that's wrong, as I guess men work hard to maintain their religion, maybe in some cases more than a woman, (I don't mean that in a bad way to sisters..sorry) Only that the Prophets were all men, and they suffered many hardships, and seeing as they are generally the gender who 'technically' are most often outside, with the public, I guess they would feel the heat of what other ppl think/feel and how they act towards them, in that sense that they should get rewarded alot. I'm not saying sisters don't too, please Don't misinterpret.

But today, I was listening to a talk about rewards for women in Jannah.. and the talk was so broad, vague, I think out the 40 mins of the talk the last 5/10 mins was directly related to women, and just that they would be more beautiful than the 'women of Jannah' which is obviously a very good thing, and then he talked about he had an email form a sister who didn't want a husband in Jannah, and the speaker just spoke about the sister as tho she had a 'problem'. the talk further discussed how all forms of jealousy/hatred would be removed from men and women, but why would the men be jealous? They get the women, the wife, everything. What a man desires most in the dunya is given to him, increased for him and encouraged for him.... What does a woman desire most (me)? A husband who only has eyes for me, doesn't need others, why does that desire get removed from me, and I'm given contentment. Why would I want to be beautiful if its still not enough? Also I have heard that those who are unmarried get married to men in Jannah, where is the evidence for this? In the Qur'an I see only about wives, never husband?...

I guess most of this jealousy on my part, and fear of losing my husband in this life now to someone else...only to share him again in the next if I go to Jannah inshaAllah.
I'm sorry for boring you all, this might be more appropriate in the sisters section, but I don't have access to it, yet. Forgive me if I have offended any of you with my post! imsad
Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
06-04-2009, 03:13 AM
but why would the men be jealous? They get the women, the wife, everything.
maybe cos their women may want to marry other men in jannah:?

also sis, keep in mind that there are some people (men) that when they give dawah they just seem to implement that women are vile and lowly and hide it behind the sunnah/quran to make it their opinion seem correct :$ im not saying that this speaker is one of them or that what he is saying is false (i dont know who he is), but really the way some of them go on you would think with their knowledge, they'd hand it down to us a little more kindly:rollseyes

But today, I was listening to a talk about rewards for women in Jannah.. and the talk was so broad, vague, I think out the 40 mins of the talk the last 5/10 mins was directly related to women, and just that they would be more beautiful than the 'women of Jannah'
but doesn't a woman want beauty and aren't men (mainly) attracted to beauty...so that makes your hubbi more attracted to you :D

I guess most of this jealousy on my part, and fear of losing my husband in this life now to someone else...only to share him again in the next if I go to Jannah inshaAllah.
but why would you worry about losing him jannah if you're gna be content in jannah...no worries there so dont worry here :p

i hope that helps...

BlissfullyJaded
06-04-2009, 03:36 AM

There are many reasons for even men to be jealous. There is no restriction on whom you talk to in Jannah, and you could potentially talk to any man you want, which naturally sets of many normal guys into jealousy mode. And given the fact that the women of this world will be prettier than they were in dunya, it's even more incentive for them to be jealous that their wives can talk to anyone, yea?

Women do get a lot in the akhira though. I've heard a lecture where they were saying that generally the beautification of a house is more stuff that women are into. You don't see guys goin gaga over fancy sofas or curtains or whatever, that's what women are into. And we already know how the Quran describes what the inside of our homes will be like, and although men will benefit from that, I guess women would enjoy it waaay more.

Jannah is more than we can ever imagine sis. And Allah is the Most Just, so to think that only men get the rewards and women are just left on the side with very little is not true. (Although, technically, a little reward in Jannah is better than anything in this world...)

doorster
06-04-2009, 03:46 AM
"The life of women in Jannah will be as pleasant and happy as the life of men. Allah is not partial to any gender. He created both of them and He will take care of both of them according to their needs and desires. Let us all work to achieve the Jannah and then, in sha’ Allah, we will find there what will satisfy all of us fully." - Dr. Muzammil H. Siddiqi

many of these "scholars" are just repeating what they heard from their "teacher" without ever taking the trouble to look inside a book.

you wanna read or listen to brothers like Estes and students of knowledge like Dr. Naik who do not have any sectarian leanings and can actually read more than one language

"And vie one with another for forgiveness from your Lord, and for a Paradise as wide as are the heavens and the earth, prepared for those who ward off (evil)." (Al `Imran: 133)

to me it look like Allah will reward righteous women the same way He rewards righteous men. Women are entitled to all kinds of reward in Paradise same as men are.

:w:

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Also I have heard that those who are unmarried get married to men in Jannah, where is the evidence for this?
Dr. Muzammil H. Siddiqi, former President of the Islamic Society of North America, states:

Jannah or Paradise is not for men alone. It is prepared for both, righteous men and righteous women. All the joys and blessings of Jannah are for both of them. Allah has mentioned in the Qur’an that He put both Adam and his wife Hawwa’ (Eve) in Jannah after creating them, and He told them to eat and enjoy everything (except the fruit of one tree). [See al-Baqarah 2: 35; al-A`raf 7: 19] Thus, all the trees, gardens and rivers of Jannah are made for both men and women and they both will enjoy them.

All Believers, males and females, will enter the Jannah. Allah says, ( Gardens of perpetual bliss: they shall enter there, as well as the righteous among their fathers, their spouses, and their offspring) (ar-Ra`d 13: 23)

Further, Allah says, (Indeed, the people of Paradise will be happily occupied. They and their wives shall be in shades, reclining on raised couches. There are for them fruits and there is for them all that they ask for…) (Ya-Sin 36: 55-57)

In the Hereafter Allah will say to the Believers, (Enter the Garden, you and your wives, you will be made glad. There will be brought round for them trays of gold and goblets, and therein is all that the souls desire and eyes find sweet and you will stay there forever. This is the garden, which you are made to inherit because of what you used to do. Therein for you is fruit in plenty whence to eat. ) (Az-Zukhruf 43: 70-73)

There are many other places in the Qur’an where it is mentioned that men and women both will find their reward and none will be deprived. [See: Aal `Imran 3: 195; An-Nisa’, 4: 124; An-Nahl 16: 97; Al-Ahzab 33: 35; Ghafir 40: 40]

The life of women in Jannah will be as pleasant and happy as the life of men. Allah is not partial to any gender. He created both of them and He will take care of both of them according to their needs and desires. Let us all work to achieve the Jannah and then, in sha’ Allah, we will find there what will satisfy all of us fully.

This verse clearly denotes that those women who do righteous deeds are rewarded with Paradise and given a high rank that is equal to the good deeds they have offered.
unless of-course you are judging janat by the standards of Western feminism (then my humblest apologies to the scholars I may have insulted in begining of this post) you should read Closed: Woman's Value: Is Man the Standard? to help you shed these misconceptions (if that is what they are)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noorseeker
06-04-2009, 04:28 AM
Im not having a go sister, lets get to jannah first, then we can see, theres no point in being jealous while we are in the dunya, and dont know our fate.

anonymous
06-04-2009, 08:04 AM
:salamext:

SubhaanAllaah....why are we jumping down the sister's throat for? The question, which now (I come to think of it) is perfectly valid. A women is scared about losing her husband or sharing her husband, she will be jealous, its natural. Plus its in the woman's natural abililty to only be with 1 husband, to be satisfied with him....but in men its a totally different case (coz of the hormones and that, etc.)

Sister (original thread starter), I can only give you this advice;

"In Paradise there is a tent made of a single hollow pearl sixty miles wide, in each corner of which there are wives who will not see those in the other corners; and the believers will visit and enjoy them. And there are two gardens, the utensils and contents of which are made of silver; and two other gardens, the utensils and contents of which are made of so-and-so (i.e. gold) and nothing will prevent the people staying in the Garden of Eden from seeing their Lord except the curtain of Majesty over His Face." [Bukhari]
Be given more power to enjoy the pleasures with their wives: “The believer will be given great sexual potency in Jannah. He will be granted potency equal to that of a hundred men” [Bukhari]. “The person that enters Jannah will be in perpetual Pleasures, Never will he be afflicted in anyway, Nor will his clothing wear away and Never will he loose his youth. [Muslim]
Their wives will sing melodiously: “The women of Jannah will sing so melodiously for their husbands, that the human ear has never heard such melody. Amongst their songs will be the following verses: "We are the chosen beauties, Wives of most honourable husbands, Who look with the coolness of eyes, Who are perpetual, never dying, Who are chaste, never feared, Ever present, never absent." [Bukhari]
SubhaanAllaah...

Also this hadith always is a wake up reminder of how much Jannah is truly worth:

Last Person to Enter: "I know the person who will be the last to come out of the (Hell) Fire, and the last to enter Paradise. He will be a man who will come out of the (Hell) Fire crawling, and Allah will say to him, ‘Go and enter Paradise.’ He will go to it, but he will imagine that it had been filled, and then he will return and say, ‘O Lord, I have found it full.’ Allah will say, ‘Go and enter Paradise, and you will have what equals the world and ten times as much (or, you will have as much as ten times the like of the world).’ On that, the man will say, ‘Do you mock at me (or laugh at me) though You are the King?" I saw Allah’s Apostle (while saying that) smiling that his premolar teeth became visible. It is said that will be the lowest in degree amongst the people of Paradise.[Bukhari]
Qul SubhaanAllaah!!!!!! How massive is this world??? How many desires do we have in this world, and how does it feel when even one desire is fulfilled? We go crazy!!! And SubhaanAllaah, we will have TEN TIMES as much the size of the earth and everything we desire, whenever we want!!! What more can a person ask for?! - Also bearing in mind that this is the position of the lowest person is Paradise, what will a person who is a little bit above him or a lot above him will get?

SubhanAllaah..

Trust Allaah my sister...He is never Unjust...He will fulfil every desire of ours when we go to Jannah InshaAllaah...

Take Care -xXx-

AnonymousPoster
06-04-2009, 09:16 PM

*original poster typing now*
Oh, the speaker never made women out to be lower or anything, it just seemed like he never really had anything to say specific to the women that’s all! Yet you hear talks about Jannah for men, and it’s packed with information! I have read that we cannot see from corner to the other, I guess it just got to me that our desire for one man gets removed, yet every aspect of their desire is fulfilled.

Sis Umm? Yes we want to be beautiful, but I think why if our husbands still go elsewhere? And yes it mentions men and women together, men separately…but I have not come across women separately?
Brother Nightstar, very true…I should be working hard to get to Jannah, before worrying about what’s there!

Thank you all. I feel better for reading your posts, Make Du’a please for Allah to strengthen my Emaan, and the Emaan of the Ummah! I wish friends and family like you surrounded me! It’s hard having doubts, and no one to talk it over with, whose knowledge is better, and whose faith is stronger and can guide me correctly. imsad
JazakhAllah Khayr!

Confused0122
06-09-2009, 02:43 AM
I have been confused about this for a very long time as well. I mean, I hate when the "scholars" state that the wife will be the Queen and the most beautiful. My question is that if she's sooo beautiful, why on earth does her husband need other women (hoors) if they are going to be less beautiful than she will be? Also, it makes it seem as though only men are the ones who struggle in this world. Don't women take the initiative by covering themselves in the heat and doing all they can for their husbands? Yet, we are told that all jealousies will be removed. That's fine but it's as though women will totally be reprogrammed and they'll forget about their desires on earth because they will want nobody but their husband in jannah. meanwhile its fine for her husband to have other wives but she must stick to him. Sorry for sounding so pessimistic but it's too much on me sometimes and I don't know how to get this off my mind. We're told to keep our husbands happy and do every single thing within our grasp to keep him content.. but then he gets to be with other women and it's like why did I do all that? I've always thought a woman should do everything to keep her husband happy but once I found out about this whole concept of hoors it just threw me off and I don't view marriage or anything the same way I did previously. I'm so confused it makes it seem as though everything revolves around sex, and if it does, wouldn't one woman be able to satisfy him, if she is indeed more beautiful than the others? Idk.

syilla
06-09-2009, 03:04 AM

I always think this as an inspirations for the guys who are obsessed with lusts and desires to not focus of this world too much because they will be rewarded more when they are in Jannah. and you can understand men these days... :( . Probably this is one way...to minimise the guys from manipulating/use the ladies here in this world.

And also... i remember once someone told me that if a reward is not mentioned in the quran or a sunnah... most probably she will get/be rewarded more with things that can never be describe with words. :)

Ummu Sufyaan
06-09-2009, 07:17 AM
wa alaykum us-salaam
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Sis Umm? Yes we want to be beautiful, but I think why if our husbands still go elsewhere?
i meant if the "dunya woman" is more beautiful in the aakirah then the hoori, then her husband (keeping in mind that men are attracted to beauty) wouldn't want to go elsewhere as his wife is more beautiful than the other women...

And yes it mentions men and women together, men
separately…but I have not come across women separately?
probably because our natural instincts differ? or maybe men are just more fussy, that's why they need to have things made specific for them :p

mathematician
06-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Has it occurred to anybody that probably Allah finds nothing wrong with a man having desires for more than one woman? If The Most Wise thinks that way who are we to talk? Let's not disrespect Allah.

Layla454
06-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Worry about getting there first sis :)

Ummu Sufyaan
06-10-2009, 03:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mathematician
Has it occurred to anybody that probably Allah finds nothing wrong with a man having desires for more than one woman? If The Most Wise thinks that way who are we to talk? Let's not disrespect Allah.
has it ever occurred to you that we don't either, but rather need some clarification on certain issues...

Confused0122
06-10-2009, 03:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
has it ever occurred to you that we don't either, but rather need some clarification on certain issues...
Good one sis, I hate when guys just say things like that as if things will change by us inquiring. God. We just want answers and I know God won't do anything that's biased so i just wonder why such hadiths confuse me so much.. no need for ppl to get mean.

Confused0122
06-10-2009, 03:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

I always think this as an inspirations for the guys who are obsessed with lusts and desires to not focus of this world too much because they will be rewarded more when they are in Jannah. and you can understand men these days... :( . Probably this is one way...to minimise the guys from manipulating/use the ladies here in this world.

And also... i remember once someone told me that if a reward is not mentioned in the quran or a sunnah... most probably she will get/be rewarded more with things that can never be describe with words. :)
i know what you mean sis but if a man wants something right now, idk about how the future would help him.. besides, what if a man loves his wife.. if she'll be the most beautiful in jannah why doesn't she suffice? Since jannah gives us ultimate pleasure, shouldn't she satisfy him? It's so weird to me this whole concept it makes me think that people marry for sex and therer is no such thing as love.

Ali_008
06-11-2009, 04:49 AM
:salaam:
Lol. This has become a fun thread:D. Well what we're missing out on the fact is that Jannah has lots and lots more of than just sexual satisfaction. There are pleasures which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) revealed and there are others as well which are still undisclosed:thumbs_up. And I had once heard an audio lecture about the Description of Paradise which said "When man will enter heaven, Allah will reward him with the best of things and then he will be directed to his wives (hoor-al-ayn), the man will be delighted to see them but then he will ask Allah about his wife of this world. He will say words like "Where is my wife of this world? Who raised my children under Islamic teachings? Who wore the hijab?" and like my best companion from this world. And then Allah will show him his wife who will be 70 times more beautiful :thumbs_upthan the hoors and will welcome him by singing."

So dear sisters, A man who really loves his wife will desire his wife even in Jannah and she'll be the most beautiful among his wives in the Aakhirah:statisfie.

And I've also read and heard women being very sceptical about men getting 72 virgins in Jannah and no such thing for women. Well I've seen an anti-Islamic video on youtube which contained Dr. Zakir Naik answering this question. Dr. Zakir Naik answered that the word used in the Quran for the "hoor" is misinterpreted and its plural and doesn't have a gender and he said that Abdullah Yusuf Ali's translation is right for those verses. Sorry I don't speak Arabic so I forgot the word. He said that the correct translation of that word is spouses.

Although I completely don't agree with that answer because even in the hadeeth we have mostly the men having hoor and not such things for the women. And that answer also in a way says that women will also have other companions than their husband:?. So its a confusin matter whether there's anything like companionship for women as well similar to men. And we can't be sure whether the man and wife will enter Jannah or not. We can't be sure whether anyone of us will enter Jannah. Lets hope and pray to Allah that all of us are granted Jannat-ul-Firdaus and witness Ar-Rahman's justice with our own eyes.

:wasalamex

syilla
06-11-2009, 06:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Confused0122
i know what you mean sis but if a man wants something right now, idk about how the future would help him.. besides, what if a man loves his wife.. if she'll be the most beautiful in jannah why doesn't she suffice? Since jannah gives us ultimate pleasure, shouldn't she satisfy him? It's so weird to me this whole concept it makes me think that people marry for sex and therer is no such thing as love.
ukhtee... you have to remember that there are lots of different kind of people or men in this world. There are those who just loves women..., there are those who loyal to his wives and etc. Same as women...

We just can't generalise it when come to this one :)

Confused0122
06-12-2009, 02:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ali_008
:salaam:
Lol. This has become a fun thread:D. Well what we're missing out on the fact is that Jannah has lots and lots more of than just sexual satisfaction. There are pleasures which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) revealed and there are others as well which are still undisclosed:thumbs_up. And I had once heard an audio lecture about the Description of Paradise which said "When man will enter heaven, Allah will reward him with the best of things and then he will be directed to his wives (hoor-al-ayn), the man will be delighted to see them but then he will ask Allah about his wife of this world. He will say words like "Where is my wife of this world? Who raised my children under Islamic teachings? Who wore the hijab?" and like my best companion from this world. And then Allah will show him his wife who will be 70 times more beautiful :thumbs_upthan the hoors and will welcome him by singing."

So dear sisters, A man who really loves his wife will desire his wife even in Jannah and she'll be the most beautiful among his wives in the Aakhirah:statisfie.

And I've also read and heard women being very sceptical about men getting 72 virgins in Jannah and no such thing for women. Well I've seen an anti-Islamic video on youtube which contained Dr. Zakir Naik answering this question. Dr. Zakir Naik answered that the word used in the Quran for the "hoor" is misinterpreted and its plural and doesn't have a gender and he said that Abdullah Yusuf Ali's translation is right for those verses. Sorry I don't speak Arabic so I forgot the word. He said that the correct translation of that word is spouses.

Although I completely don't agree with that answer because even in the hadeeth we have mostly the men having hoor and not such things for the women. And that answer also in a way says that women will also have other companions than their husband:?. So its a confusin matter whether there's anything like companionship for women as well similar to men. And we can't be sure whether the man and wife will enter Jannah or not. We can't be sure whether anyone of us will enter Jannah. Lets hope and pray to Allah that all of us are granted Jannat-ul-Firdaus and witness Ar-Rahman's justice with our own eyes.

:wasalamex

Jazak Allah brother, that helps a bit but my whole question revolves aroudn the fact that his wife will be much more beautiful than hoors. If this is so, and men are so shallow that they care for looks so much, wouldn't they be attracted to their wives more than anyone else? what purpose do hoors serve then? i just don't understand.

Confused0122
06-12-2009, 02:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
ukhtee... you have to remember that there are lots of different kind of people or men in this world. There are those who just loves women..., there are those who loyal to his wives and etc. Same as women...

We just can't generalise it when come to this one :)

Yeah sis if we can't generalize then that's my point.. not all men or women are the same.. so how can we be so sure of what each person desires?

syilla
06-12-2009, 04:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Confused0122
Yeah sis if we can't generalize then that's my point.. not all men or women are the same.. so how can we be so sure of what each person desires?
i don't know how... but i know that a man can never make a woman truly happy only Allah swt does :)

ukhtee just remember this

“Bad women are for bad men and bad men are for bad women. And good women are for good men and good men are for good women.” (An-Nur: 26)

syilla
06-16-2009, 04:19 PM
salams...

i just found this ayah and hadeeth... thought of adding it here

"I have prepared for My slaves what no eye has seen, no ear has heard and no human heart can imagine". Recite if you wish, "No person know what is kept hidden for them of joy as a reward for what they used to do." (32:17).

In the version reported by Muslim from Abu Hurayrah, there is the addition,

"Never mind what Allah has told you; what He has not told you is EVEN greater".

salams all...got to go n have my beauty sleep

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.