/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I hate youths!

Blackpool
06-03-2009, 11:22 PM
I received a text message earlier tonight at work informing me that my 14 year old sister, who I take to Florida next week, has been sent to hospital. I rang up my other sister and she explained what had happened. On the way home from school there were 2 black lads hurling abuse at her. They then threw rocks at her head. She rushed home crying pouring with blood. She collapsed repeatedly and my mum took her to the A&E at the hospital. The police are involved and she has an appointment with them tomorrow.

Complete cowards. Who on earth would dream of hurting a girl never mind throwing rocks at her head???
I've been fantasising at work of being there at that time of incident and penetrating a knife into both of the lads. That is what exactly I'd have done had I caught them. Unfortunately I live 150 miles away but what I'd do to me a few feet away from them both right now.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amadeus85
06-03-2009, 11:26 PM
One of the silliness of modern world is a cult of youth. Nowadays, youth = interesting,"cool",fantastic,good. Old men dress as if they were twenties, the media ask young pop stars about world politics, events, as if they had any idea about it.

Zafran
06-03-2009, 11:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
I received a text message earlier tonight at work informing me that my 14 year old sister, who I take to Florida next week, has been sent to hospital. I rang up my other sister and she explained what had happened. On the way home from school there were 2 black lads hurling abuse at her. They then threw rocks at her head. She rushed home crying pouring with blood. She collapsed repeatedly and my mum took her to the A&E at the hospital. The police are involved and she has an appointment with them tomorrow.

Complete cowards. Who on earth would dream of hurting a girl never mind throwing rocks at her head???
[B]I've been fantasising at work of being there at that time of incident and penetrating a knife into both of the lads. That is what exactly I'd have done had I caught them. Unfortunately I live 150 miles away but what I'd do to me a few feet away from them both right now.
sorry to hear about that but what ever you were thinking isnt the right reaction at all. Let the police handle it.

Zafran
06-03-2009, 11:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amadeus85
One of the silliness of modern world is a cult of youth. Nowadays, youth = interesting,"cool",fantastic,good. Old men dress as if they were twenties, the media ask young pop stars about world politics, events, as if they had any idea about it.
yes the knife culture is a serious problem in the UK with hoodlum youths.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Wyatt
06-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Don't say 'youth' as if all youth is in this kind of activity. There, you are completely wrong. :mmokay:

There's nothing mentioned that would not happen in the adult world either.

Blackpool
06-03-2009, 11:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
sorry to hear about that but what ever you were thinking isnt the right reaction at all. Let the police handle it.
I understand exactly what you're saying. I'm a believer of God but I would kill for my family. My emotions would get the better of me. I'm one of the nicest guys in the world, but when it comes to my family...
I think you may understand.

format_quote Originally Posted by Podarok
Don't say 'youth' as if all youth is in this kind of activity. There, you are completely wrong. :mmokay:

There's nothing mentioned that would not happen in the adult world either.
There IS a problem with the youth, not ALL but the youth needs to be sorted. I'm 24, so I'm not that old myself but alot of the crime are committed by youths. Violence seems to be getting alot more frequent and popular in youths. More and more gangs are being formed. It's a "cool" image to be part of violence now.
When I was younger it was "uncool" and worthy of a beating to even lay a finger on a girl. Things have obviously changed.
The National Service should be compulsory for 16+ to teach them ALL some discipline.

Wyatt
06-03-2009, 11:56 PM
There IS a problem with the youth, not ALL but the youth needs to be sorted. I'm 24, so I'm not that old myself but alot of the crime are committed by youths. Violence seems to be getting alot more frequent and popular in youths. More and more gangs are being formed. It's a "cool" image to be part of violence now.
When I was younger it was "uncool" and worthy of a beating to even lay a finger on a girl. Things have obviously changed.
The National Service should be compulsory for 16+ to teach them ALL some discipline.
That problem does not just stem from the youth. There is also a problem with the adults that are involved with the youth. Adults head gangs and adults make things available for these subcultures of violence. The reasons why this violence occurs can be anything.

If she was wearing a hijāb, maybe they were scared because they do not know Islam. Maybe they had that islamophobic hatred that is spread across Europe. It's not the violence one has to fight. It's the reasons for the violence one has to be aware of, and needs to control.

Blackpool
06-04-2009, 12:05 AM
That problem does not just stem from the youth. There is also a problem with the adults that are involved with the youth. Adults head gangs and adults make things available for these subcultures of violence. The reasons why this violence occurs can be anything.

If she was wearing a hijāb, maybe they were scared because they do not know Islam. Maybe they had that islamophobic hatred that is spread across Europe. It's not the violence one has to fight. It's the reasons for the violence one has to be aware of, and needs to control.
These two youths were not part of any gang. I'm white British and so is my sister. We come from a Catholic background (my mum's side) so we have no Muslims connections. There was no reason for them to throw rocks at my sister's head other than to think it's funny. She was just simply walking back to her home after school. I wish I was there at that very moment.

doorster
06-04-2009, 12:07 AM

I'm afraid you misunderstood him, look through some posts in this link >> Blackpool

look for kewords: Black, Muslim etc.

Clover
06-04-2009, 12:20 AM

I've been fantasising at work of being there at that time of incident and penetrating a knife into both of the lads. That is what exactly I'd have done had I caught them. Unfortunately I live 150 miles away but what I'd do to me a few feet away from them both right now.
Honestly, I'd be afraid for the two guys here. Here its a strict policy in the street, you hit a girl, her man or the closest man to her (brother, cousin, dad, uncle) will jump you, no matter where you go. If he doesn't, then usually one of the other guys who knows her will. It's dangerous to hit a girl here, even in private.

I am sorry for your sister's attack, but don't hate youths. I am a youth and I don't hit girls, I fight guys, but that is different, I front challenge them, and if they accept, then we fight under certain rules (no hitting below the belt, no weapons, and no ratting).

I hope the two punks are brought to justice.

Beardo
06-04-2009, 04:55 AM
I wish your sister, family, and yourself well. And I understand your anger but... condemning all youth is sort of pushing it. Obviously, what has happened to your sister is a very, VERY sad state of affairs. We (as in the forum..?) pray that your sister and family are all granted patience and success. But, I Agree with those above who posted that condemning all youth is completely wrong. I'm sure your in your moment of anger, though.

Blackpool
06-04-2009, 08:44 AM
I checked up on her this morning and she's laughing and joking. She just has a nasty gash on her head and was given pain killers which makes me feel alot better.

I know not all youth are like this. In the town I live in, near Blackpool, this sort of thing is unheard of, touch wood. The youths I've come across here are friendly and more respective. Heck, not so long ago I got a knock on the door to find three 14-15 yr olds hand me my keys that I had left in my front door. But this isn't the case everywhere. There is a problem with youths that need to be sorted, ie gun and knife crime, beatings etc.
In my opinion there's only one solution to this that works more effectively than handing reward money for good behaviour, which is wrong, or putting the police on the streets, which would be great but not enough. That is compulsory National Service for 16+18 yr olds. They should ALL be given the choice of the NS or the army and be made to do it. The biggest mistake the government ever made was to abolish it as it worked absolutely fine. Kids need discipline whether they are good youths or bad.

GreyKode
06-04-2009, 09:14 AM
If this had happened to my sister there'd be heads rolling, that's if I had had a sister :D.
Sorry for your sister man, but seriously, wasn't there anybody around at the time, in my country, a man who hits a girl(unless she's his daughter or something) in public won't walk away in good shape.

aamirsaab
06-04-2009, 09:33 AM
... Kids need discipline whether they are good youths or bad.

I agree with you completely in principle. However, I differ on the methodology: discipline should be the role of parents. There is no need for conscription to the NS.

Most kids are fine, some are total jerks that need a slap. Or a slipper in the face.

Tony
06-04-2009, 09:39 AM
I checked up on her this morning and she's laughing and joking. She just has a nasty gash on her head and was given pain killers which makes me feel alot better.

I know not all youth are like this. In the town I live in, near Blackpool, this sort of thing is unheard of, touch wood. The youths I've come across here are friendly and more respective. Heck, not so long ago I got a knock on the door to find three 14-15 yr olds hand me my keys that I had left in my front door. But this isn't the case everywhere. There is a problem with youths that need to be sorted, ie gun and knife crime, beatings etc.
In my opinion there's only one solution to this that works more effectively than handing reward money for good behaviour, which is wrong, or putting the police on the streets, which would be great but not enough. That is compulsory National Service for 16+18 yr olds. They should ALL be given the choice of the NS or the army and be made to do it. The biggest mistake the government ever made was to abolish it as it worked absolutely fine. Kids need discipline whether they are good youths or bad.
sorry for ur sister, but national service...what rubbish, you move the problem of extreme bullying behind closed doors rather than address it.the thugs get shipped abroad to cause terror and crimes against innocents of other nationality. They deserve to be stoned for what they did to ur sister, but arming them and give them pat on the back and free reign to further commit violent acts is not a good idea.

Sahabiyaat
06-04-2009, 09:41 AM
oh the youth of today....they make me sick.
they probably dont know how to add up using their fingers, yet the way they strut, you would think they owned the earth.

Its all down to the mothers. is what i always say.

Musaafirah
06-04-2009, 09:54 AM
I personally feel uncomfortable when there are a group of youths. They seem to switch to mob behaviour in the presence of their peers, though they may be genuinely sweet people when alone.
It's so strange that I feel more initimidated when faced with a group of 12 year olds, as opposed to a group of older people. They seem to be more unpredictable.
To the original poster, how is your sister now?

Clover
06-04-2009, 09:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
oh the youth of today....they make me sick.
:raging: :enough!:

Conscription? Really..I honestly wouldn't care for me personally, cause I am joining up right after highschool anyways, but to force it is very extreme for a case of bullying. Sorry your daughter was hurt, but to force every youth into the military is tryanny if you ask me, and if they tried to enforce that in the US I'd stand against it, cause its wrong, no matter if I am joining or not.

S_87
06-04-2009, 10:47 AM
That sure sucks and i hope she feels better soon and it doesnt affect her in the long term and cause her to lose her confidence...however these days it is pretty dangerous and beating up people seems to be something funny and cool SubhanAllah, what is the world coming to imsad

Blackpool
06-04-2009, 11:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafirah
I personally feel uncomfortable when there are a group of youths. They seem to switch to mob behaviour in the presence of their peers, though they may be genuinely sweet people when alone.
It's so strange that I feel more initimidated when faced with a group of 12 year olds, as opposed to a group of older people. They seem to be more unpredictable.
To the original poster, how is your sister now?
My sister's fine now thanks. She's now focusing her mind onto this holiday on Thursday that I'm taking her to. When alone these cowards wouldn't even hurt a fly. They're quiet but when they join up with mates they go out and tend to show off to each other by causing harm to people that have done nothing wrong. This is their humour. Pretty poor if you ask me.

The National Service is meant to teach the youth discipline and to show respect. It absolutely works. "Bad lads army" is a great example of this. At the end of the process every one of them hold their heads high with pride. They then either go on to join the army or carry on with life in a respectable manner. The objective of the National Service is to break them down and build them back up. There are Eastern European countries that do this today and it has been called for a return back here too.

Clover
06-04-2009, 11:53 AM
The National Service is meant to teach the youth discipline and to show respect. It absolutely works. "Bad lads army" is a great example of this. At the end of the process every one of them hold their heads high with pride. They then either go on to join the army or carry on with life in a respectable manner. The objective of the National Service is to break them down and build them back up. There are Eastern European countries that do this today and it has been called for a return back here too.
I am not saying it doesn't, but to force people to do this, cause of bullying is silly, and stupid. I wouldn't allow a government to force my son to go into the military, although he probably will since it's been in the family to do so since we left Ireland/France/Holland to here.

glo
06-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Can I just say for the record that I do not hate youths!!

Indeed, there are many young people out there who are polite and helpful, and who strive to make this world a better place.
There are many who do voluntary work and give their own time for others.
There are many who care for sick family members, even their own parents.
There are many who are working towards gaining qualifications and jobs which will help others.

Here are just a few examples:
Awards for young volunteers, Red Cross

Young People of the Year

Voluntary groups which young people volunteer in ...

So whilst I understand, and agree with, the concerns about troublesome youths, especially gang behaviour, please, please, please let's not give the impression that all youngsters are like this!!
(After all, there are many young people here in LI. Speak out for yourselves, boys and girls!)

Peace :)

Tony
06-04-2009, 01:43 PM
My sister's fine now thanks. She's now focusing her mind onto this holiday on Thursday that I'm taking her to. When alone these cowards wouldn't even hurt a fly. They're quiet but when they join up with mates they go out and tend to show off to each other by causing harm to people that have done nothing wrong. This is their humour. Pretty poor if you ask me.

with respect, my sons will not be fighting for the amoral politicians sitting on their fat a***s in England. They are not going to forced into fighting for oil or land either, if they choose to fight I pray it is in the light of Allah and for His benefit. They will have to kill me before I allow my sons to be used as cannon fodder in order to persecute already stricken families and children around this world, there is no man or system on this earth other than Islam and its causes that will take them from me:raging::raging:

glo
06-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Greetings, TKTony

Like you I disagree with the idea of a National Service. And as parents we would never wish for our children to fight in the army (ANY army) either.

But I do agree with Blackpool in that many young people today grow up without being taught respect and discipline. That's not really their fault. It is the fault of their parents and guardians who fail to teach them well.

I watched a TV programme recently, where British youngsters spent a week with parents in other cultures (perceived to be the 'strictest parents').
Co-incidentally (or not) many of those parents seemed to adhere to a religious belief, but that aside what was most noticable that those parents had high expectations of their children and disciplined them quite strongly ... but they also showed great love and warmth!

Perhaps that is the secret of raising good young adults - to teach them discipline and respect, but also to show them love and understanding and forgiveness when they make mistakes.

All too often parents in our society love their children, but don't discipline them enough (I know, because I have that tendency myself ...). I believe that this can lead to children becoming spoilt and self-centered.

Other parents raise their children with discipline and control, but fail to show and teach them love. I believe those children are more likely to grow up either being fearful and timid, or becoming bullies and aggressive against those weaker than themselves.

It must even be worse for those children that grow up neither experiencing discipline nor love - almost being left to fend for themselves without any guidance!
No wonder they roam the streets and look to form gangs - where they can at least find a sense of belonging and family support.
How can they learn if they are not shown?? imsad

Nájlá
06-04-2009, 09:49 PM
at the thread starter i really hope that she feels better soon....

But i agree with glo this thread is making it sound like all youths are bad.
:offended:

format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Can I just say for the record that I do not hate youths!!

Indeed, there are many young people out there who are polite and helpful, and who strive to make this world a better place.
There are many who do voluntary work and give their own time for others.
There are many who care for sick family members, even their own parents.
There are many who are working towards gaining qualifications and jobs which will help others.

Here are just a few examples:
Awards for young volunteers, Red Cross

Young People of the Year

Voluntary groups which young people volunteer in ...

So whilst I understand, and agree with, the concerns about troublesome youths, especially gang behaviour, please, please, please let's not give the impression that all youngsters are like this!!
(After all, there are many young people here in LI. Speak out for yourselves, boys and girls!)

Peace :)

:D:thumbs_up

Forced_In
06-04-2009, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Luloah
at the thread starter i really hope that she feels better soon....

But i agree with glo this thread is making it sound like all youths are bad.
:offended:

:D:thumbs_up
Salaam,

Same to Original Poster. Also let me say that it is not age or other irrelevant
factors which causes these shameful behaviors. One may think furthur to find
real causes.

Wassalam.

Salahudeen
06-06-2009, 11:52 PM
This makes my blood boil I agree with you the YOUTH of today are messed up and like you I think it's down to lack of discipline.

It's come to a stage where they record fights on their phones!! it makes you think what kind of people are these, they enjoy watching people get beat up and hurt, instead of stopping fights they record it on their phone and show all their friends and talk about it like it's something good. Have the youth of today lost all humanity?

if it was upto me I'd bring the Cain back and I'm sure the majority of teachers from my old school would agree. I actually remember from 2 years ago my teacher crying because of how bad the class were they would terrorize her to the extent she'd break down in tears. and the class would just laugh.

The don't have respect for anybody today I'm not saying all youth are like this cos I'm an example that they aren't but in my opinion the majority are, from my own observations.

Clover
06-07-2009, 05:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
This makes my blood boil I agree with you the YOUTH of today are messed up and like you I think it's down to lack of discipline.

It's come to a stage where they record fights on their phones!! it makes you think what kind of people are these, they enjoy watching people get beat up and hurt, instead of stopping fights they record it on their phone and show all their friends and talk about it like it's something good. Have the youth of today lost all humanity?

if it was upto me I'd bring the Cain back and I'm sure the majority of teachers from my old school would agree. I actually remember from 2 years ago my teacher crying because of how bad the class were they would terrorize her to the extent she'd break down in tears. and the class would just laugh.

The don't have respect for anybody today I'm not saying all youth are like this cos I'm an example that they aren't but in my opinion the majority are, from my own observations.
What is wrong with street fighting? If the two persons are doing it with consent, then what is the big problem? The violence? People have been street fighting since the Roman times, except then they did it in the Colisuem, and they usually had a death involved. I plan on going into street fighting, or at least, doing some of it in a sustained place, with some friends.

My name is Cain....

I had this happen twice. We drove 1 teacher to insanity (at least for a day) I didn't do anything but she was a ***** no joke, and they decided to get back at her for being insane by making fun of her, and it worked, one day, she went bonkers and walked out of the class, never saw her again.

Then, we had a psycho as a teacher (imagine the worst person with bipolar you know, and 2x). She balled her eyes out, all class, cause someone took some of her M & M's, I laughed cause of the silly reason she cried, and she had tried for the principal job around 30+ times, never got it, and quit, and now teaches at a private Christian school, and I feel sorry for the people under her.

The majority of youth are gorillas. They like to hit things, and laugh. I unlike them, choose to hit cause I think it relieves the body, if one has too much energy at times, and I do not just go up to someone and hit them, I usually hint to them I don't like them, and then I will let them know before anything begins, thats part of the youth life, since they've taken away anything else that has any violence in it in school, I remember at my old school (before it closed down) they gave us the dodgeballs that could leave bruises, now they use puff balls that you cant even feel hit ya at full speed.

crayon
06-07-2009, 11:51 AM
How's your sister, Blackpool?

Blackpool
06-07-2009, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
How's your sister, Blackpool?
She's fine thanks. She's been ringing me everyday to tell me what she wants to do in Florida... excitement :)

The police are waiting to see what actions the school and councillor takes before they do anything.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.