/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help with english pls!

Aisha20
06-04-2009, 12:08 AM
I need someone who can PLEASEEEEEEEE check me grammar, spelling, redaction in a speech (it is very short, not even a page) . My first lang is spanish so i am not that good in english.
I will b very pleased.
plz.. i have to say the speech tomorrow.. n need some1 who can do it now imsad
If some1 can, i will snd em the speech on a privat message.
zazakumullah :thumbs_up

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
06-04-2009, 12:42 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha20
.. i will snd em the speech on a privat message.
zazakumullah :thumbs_up

why not post here ? Participants may also give suggestions , not only check :)

Yanal
06-04-2009, 12:55 AM

InshAllah we will all contribute but there is an particular english teacher on this forum called "czgibson" inshAllah PM him.

Aisha20
06-04-2009, 01:03 AM
^ zazakumullah for the suggestion
i will pm him ;)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
06-04-2009, 01:07 AM

But I think he has already been on and wont come on till tommorow and in that case jus post it here and PM it to him for extra sure.

Yanal
06-04-2009, 01:08 AM

Just to help you:

Do You Suffer From Stage Freight?

It’s your big debut, the show is about to open, the seats are full, and sitting front and center are the critics, reviewers, media, and your mom and dad. This is your big day! Then why do you feel like you might pass out any moment? Stage Freight is more common than you might think.

Is your blood pumping so hard it’s pounding in your ears? Does your heart sound like you’ve just run a marathon? Does your throat feel so tight you fear you may not be able to do no more than squeak your lines out? Do your muscles feel so tense they are ready to burst? May I introduce you to your fight or flight response.

It’s a human trait that goes way back to the caveman and this internal system regulates our response to stress when faced with danger. It’s a reaction that affects our sympathetic nervous system and it’s job is to get us out of harms way. On the stage it’s called stage freight.

Even some big celebrities suffer from stage freight if only for an instant. Stage freight isn’t just suffered by performers. You may have experienced it yourself when you’ve had to make a speech in front of co-workers. Stage freight can occur anytime you have to do something in front of an audience.

There are different levels of stage freight from those little butterflies in your stomach just as you’re about to go on stage, to symptoms that are so debilitating you cannot even make it through the audition.

Now you might be thinking “so what’s the big deal,” but stage freight actually can affect your health and well being. The good news is there are techniques that can help you overcome your stage freight and go onto to do a fabulous performance. After all the show must go on!

Learn to deep breath from your diaphragm. You’ll often hear this called belly breathing. By deep breathing you send fresh air deep into your body and you exhale stale air which has a calming effect.

To tell if you are doing it correctly place your hands across your stomach so that you can feel your stomach expand and contract. You should also feel it through your back.

Even breathing is also a great technique to ground and relax you. To even breath you breath in and out exactly the same amount of times. So three breaths in, three breaths out. Any woman who has experienced labor will already have experience with this technique.

Alternate nostril breathing balances the nervous system. That’s because left nostril is connected to the parasympathetic nervous system while the right nostril is connected to the sympathetic nervous system.

Start by inhaling through both of your nostrils. Then block one nostril and breath out. Do this three times, and then switch nostrils and repeat three times. Repeat until you begin to feel the jitterbugs going away.

Another technique that works for many is a combination of deep breathing and visual. Do your deep breathing as described above, close your eyes and visualize a happy place. A warm beach with the sun beating and surf slapping against the shore, or your favorite flower. Whatever works for you. In only a few seconds you’ll feel your body and your nerves begin to relax.

So whether you are about to make that presentation to a group of co-workers, or you’re about to debut in your first theater performance, or you’ve been on the stage thousands of times these techniques will help. You no longer need to suffer from stage freight!

Muslim Woman
06-04-2009, 01:11 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr

But I think he has already been on and wont come on till tommorow and in that case jus post it here and PM it to him for extra sure.

yes , that will be good.

Sis , don't be shy , post it here . We have all rights to make mistakes in English language ...it's so hard :(

Aisha20
06-04-2009, 01:15 AM
problem solved
thnks to every1 ;)

Muslim Woman
06-04-2009, 06:08 PM

problem solved
thnks to every1 ;)
:statisfie

Muslim Woman
06-05-2009, 04:33 PM

.. i have to say the speech tomorrow..
How was the speech ??

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.