/* */

PDA

View Full Version : baby's gender

muslimah 4 life
06-04-2009, 09:01 AM
:sl:

Is it wrong to ask the sex of a baby when a woman goes for her 2nd scan?
My sisters pregnant 4 months mashallah and she wants to know what she's having but her husband says it's a sin. Is it?
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
saba muslimah
06-04-2009, 09:17 AM
:sl: Dear sis

No idon't think so its not sin...?

Hold :X But i don't know about islamic point of view ..

S_87
06-04-2009, 10:51 AM
hope this answers your question :?

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/6201/ultrasound

Ruling on finding the sex of the baby in the mother's womb before its birth by doing ultrasound and other medical equipments.

Praise be to Allaah.

We put this question to Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen, may Allaah preserve him, who answered as follows:

There is nothing wrong with that, unless it involves great expense. It could be said that it is a waste of money because there is no need to know the sex of the baby except for the purposes of merely feeling happy because one knows whether it is a boy or a girl. If finding out could not be achieved without spending a lot of money then it is a waste of money and is not permitted. And Allaah knows best.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen

muslimah 4 life
06-04-2009, 03:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
hope this answers your question :?

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/6201/ultrasound

Ruling on finding the sex of the baby in the mother's womb before its birth by doing ultrasound and other medical equipments.

Praise be to Allaah.

We put this question to Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen, may Allaah preserve him, who answered as follows:

There is nothing wrong with that, unless it involves great expense. It could be said that it is a waste of money because there is no need to know the sex of the baby except for the purposes of merely feeling happy because one knows whether it is a boy or a girl. If finding out could not be achieved without spending a lot of money then it is a waste of money and is not permitted. And Allaah knows best.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen

Jizakhallah khair sister.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
06-04-2009, 09:42 PM
I never had the choice to find out my children's gender. At that time it was the policy of the local health service not to tell parents.

I must say I quite enjoyed the suspense of not knowing ... and people guessing and making statements like 'If you crave seafood it must be a boy' or 'The way you carry that baby, it must be a girl'! :D

muslimah 4 life
06-05-2009, 03:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I never had the choice to find out my children's gender. At that time it was the policy of the local health service not to tell parents.

I must say I quite enjoyed the suspense of not knowing ... and people guessing and making statements like 'If you crave seafood it must be a boy' or 'The way you carry that baby, it must be a girl'! :D

I know I personally like the suprise too, but my sister wants to know.
When my sis inlaw was pregnant she was told it's a girl so we bought everything pink. When she delivered the baby it was a boy!
I reminded my sis of the above but I think she will go ahead and ask.

Beardo
06-05-2009, 03:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah 4 life
I know I personally like the suprise too, but my sister wants to know.
When my sis inlaw was pregnant she was told it's a girl so we bought everything pink. When she delivered the baby it was a boy!
I reminded my sis of the above but I think she will go ahead and ask.
I heard this one person... instead of asking the gender, they asked "so what names do you have in mind for the baby..." lol...

muslimah 4 life
06-05-2009, 03:55 AM
LOL^ People have become sooo impatient. Like Glo says this technology has only been available now and in a way I think by introducing this option they have spoilt the excitement. I don't want to know the gender of my 2nd baby when I have it inshallah.

جوري
06-05-2009, 03:57 AM
buy everything in neutral colors so you are prepared come what may...

God do I ever hate pink.. it is the most abominable color on the planet.

congrats on your sister's pregnancy by the way.. May Allah swt bless

muslimah 4 life
06-05-2009, 04:02 AM
Jizakhalla khair sis. I have been trying for 6 years to have baby no2 but no luck as yet. I am grateful to Allah as I have a mashallah beautiful, healthy and very smart 7 1/2 year old daughter. I feel so blessed when she prays next to me and then afetr her prayer kisses me and says " I asked Allah to grant you paradise and to the rest of my family". Im like aah.......

Yanal
06-05-2009, 04:13 AM

This was an interesting topic.....nice answers. Sister Skye I being a boy had to wear pink on pink day last year by my Social 8 teacher....

ragdollcat1982
06-05-2009, 04:17 AM
I found out what the gender of my son was when I was 5 months. I wanted a girl so bad because I had lost one 2 years before. When I found out I was going to have a boy I cried for a month, but I eventaully came to terms that I was having a son and it helped me bond with him and think of him as a person , not an "it". I think that things would have been worse on me emotionally if I did not know for sure and be elated about having a girl just to turn out to have a boy.

Clover
06-05-2009, 04:26 AM
I don't think so, but if I get married, and am having a child, I am really wanting (right now, maybe when I am older I'll want more or less) 3 boys and 3 girls. I will probably ask that we wait, so I can buy 2 boxes of cigars, so we can have a bet on if its a boy or girl.

جوري
06-05-2009, 06:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah 4 life
Jizakhalla khair sis. I have been trying for 6 years to have baby no2 but no luck as yet. I am grateful to Allah as I have a mashallah beautiful, healthy and very smart 7 1/2 year old daughter. I feel so blessed when she prays next to me and then afetr her prayer kisses me and says " I asked Allah to grant you paradise and to the rest of my family". Im like aah.......
I know many people in your situation, close to me, and I am very touched by your selfless desires and show of gratitude to Allah swt .. what a gift indeed are these children that Allah swt trusts in our care..
Insha'Allah, Allah swt will bless you with many more when he wills..

I'll remember you in my du3a, pls remember me in yours

Rebel
06-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Why do you have to spoil the fun <_<?

I don't wanna find out, me... but I admit I want a boy :X

No, wait... I want a girl :><:

Actually, a boy.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.