/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslims in Your Country?

Brother_23432
06-04-2009, 06:50 PM
:sl:

How is The Muslim-rate in your Country? how many Muslims live in your town? many? not much? and in wich Country do you live?

I am from Turkey, but i live in Berlin, Germany and in Berlin live many Arabs, Turks Bosnians and also, Many Muslims. but the most are Christians. i think in germany live 3million Muslims

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
06-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Welcome to LI, Semavi. :welcome:

I am from Germany too, although I have lived in the UK for 19 years now.
The only Muslims I ever met, when I grew up in Germany, were Muslims from Turkey. :)
I just googled and found on wikipedia that with an overall population of just over 82 million, Muslims make 4% of the German population.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Germany

Salaam :)

Brother_23432
06-04-2009, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Welcome to LI, Semavi. :welcome:

I am from Germany too, although I have lived in the UK for 19 years now.
The only Muslims I ever met, when I grew up in Germany, were Muslims from Turkey. :)
I just googled and found on wikipedia that with an overall population of just over 82 million, Muslims make 4% of the German population.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Germany

Salaam :)
cool

in Germany many Teenager-"muslims" don't follow the rules of Islam, they drink Alcohol and eat non-ḥalāl Meat at McDonald's or what ever. That's very very sad

Güven
06-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Merhaba Semavi....Welcome to the Forum.

I live in Holland and it's kinda the same as Germany , the majority are Moroccans and Turks. there are alots of muslims here but most of them are non-practising.

btw is there any news about the mosque that's going to be built in Köln ? when will it be ready?

It's going to be one of the biggest mosques in Europe...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Brother_23432
06-04-2009, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Merhaba Semavi....Welcome to the Forum.

I live in Holland and it's kinda the same as Germany , the majority are Moroccans and Turks. there are alots of muslims here but most of them are non-practising.

btw is there any news about the mosque that's going to be built in Köln ? when will it be ready?

It's going to be one of the biggest mosques in Europe...
muslimische Gotteshaus soll nach seiner Fertigstellung im Jahr 2010 bis zu 2.000 Gläubigen Platz bieten. Es ist allerdings wegen seiner Größe – die beiden Minarette haben eine Höhe von 55 Metern, die Kuppel ragt 34,4 Meter in die Höhe –

That means:

The mosque should be ready in the Year 2010, it will be place for 2.000 People . the two Minarets are 55m high and the dome 34,4m high.

Güven
06-04-2009, 07:35 PM
oh , next year? cool

It's going to look like this:

The design looks awesome, can't wait to see it in real.

Ill be sure to visit it InshaAllah , it's 2 hours driving from where I live. :D

Brother_23432
06-04-2009, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
oh , next year? cool

It's going to look like this:

The design looks awesome, can't wait to see it in real.

Ill be sure to visit it InshaAllah , it's 2 hours driving from where I live. :D
it look very very good :)

inschallah i will aks my dad to visit it with him and pray there

ragdollcat1982
06-04-2009, 07:40 PM
I think in the USA it about 5-7 million Muslims. They are soon to outnumber the Jews.

Beybun
06-04-2009, 07:54 PM
I live in France precisely near the border of Germany I don't know exactly the rate of Muslims in this country but we are many in the city where I live there are many Moroccans :)

Amadeus85
06-04-2009, 07:55 PM
About 25 - 30 thousands in Poland.

sister herb
06-04-2009, 09:07 PM

I live in Finland. Estimated amount of muslims is little over than 20 000 (all the population is about 5 million).

glo
06-04-2009, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Semavi
it look very very good :)

inschallah i will aks my dad to visit it with him and pray there
My mother lives just north of Köln. Once the mosque is built I might just check it out myself.
(Although I do have a preference for old buildings ...)

Blackpool
06-05-2009, 08:35 AM
I'm from the UK but in my town there are literally no muslims or ethnics. It's an old Christian town with a handful of churches. We do have a few Polish here however.

Clover
06-05-2009, 08:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Semavi

How is The Muslim-rate in your Country? how many Muslims live in your town? many? not much? and in wich Country do you live?

I am from Turkey, but i live in Berlin, Germany and in Berlin live many Arabs, Turks Bosnians and also, Many Muslims. but the most are Christians. i think in germany live 3million Muslims
Not Very High, although a lot, I'd think. None. United States of America.

~Edit~ I don't live in a town, but this is for the nearest town, which I think is nearly 1000 people all in all, maybe -200. I live in a farming community, but we are really big, like, my neighbors are really far, I can go outside shoot a rifle, and not worry about hitting their property.

glo
06-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Here are the demographics of the UK town I live in. (The numbers in brackets are the equivalent national statistics for the UK)
Since the census the statistics are based on are 8 years olf, my guess is that the number of Muslims has risen since. We have received many immigrants/refugees from Somalia, just for example.
In the 2001 census 90.72% of the population described their ethnic origin as white (nationally 90.92%), 3.66% as South Asian (4.58%), 2.41% as black (2.30%), 1.79% as mixed race (1.31%), 1.42% as Chinese and other (0.89%).
In the same census, 66% of the Borough's population registered their religion as Christianity and 30% as not religious or none given, compared to 72% and 22% nationally. A little over two percent of the population follow Islam (3% nationally) and a little over 1% are Hindu (1%), with no other religion above one percent.

crayon
06-05-2009, 10:19 AM
There's quite a few muslims in Saudi Arabia, or so I hear...:><:

S_87
06-05-2009, 10:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
I'm from the UK but in my town there are literally no muslims or ethnics. It's an old Christian town with a handful of churches. We do have a few Polish here however.
Blackpool? im sure youd have muslims visiting for the pepsi max though :D

i live in blackburn, quite a few muslims but dont know a figure :?

There's quite a few muslims in Saudi Arabia, or so I hear
wow thats quite a shock:><:

Blackpool
06-05-2009, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
Blackpool? im sure youd have muslims visiting for the pepsi max though :D

i live in blackburn, quite a few muslims but dont know a figure :?

wow thats quite a shock:><:
I live in a town NEAR Blackpool. I live in the Fylde district. As a matter of fact I rarely see muslims in Blackpool itself either which I don't find surprising as it's full of lap dancing clubs, sex, booze and gambling.

S_87
06-05-2009, 10:58 AM
I live in a town NEAR Blackpool. I live in the Fylde district. As a matter of fact I rarely see muslims in Blackpool itself either which I don't find surprising as it's full of lap dancing clubs, sex, booze and gambling.
ok not sure where that is but...for muslims Blackpool had lights and a cool theme park and good for a day out (not the beach though :X) but yes its also a clubbings central so yeh

Faseeha
06-05-2009, 11:20 AM

I live in South Africa and the Muslims make up about 2 percent of the country's population which equals to more or less a million (Not sure exactly how accurate that percentage is).

There are also a lot of Muslim immigrants from India, Pakistan and Egypt which aren't included in that figure.

Blackpool
06-05-2009, 11:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
ok not sure where that is but...for muslims Blackpool had lights and a cool theme park and good for a day out (not the beach though :X) but yes its also a clubbings central so yeh
...But yeh, so yeh :D

I work with people at work that claim to be "muslims" however they're constantly eyeing up the Polish women. I've heard them make sexual remarks about some women and they go out every weekend nightclubbing, drinking alcohol I presume. They still call themselves "muslims" and greet each other with "Assalamu-Alaikum."

S_87
06-05-2009, 01:09 PM
...But yeh, so yeh :D

I work with people at work that claim to be "muslims" however they're constantly eyeing up the Polish women. I've heard them make sexual remarks about some women and they go out every weekend nightclubbing, drinking alcohol I presume. They still call themselves "muslims" and greet each other with "Assalamu-Alaikum."
muslims sin too :(

noorseeker
06-06-2009, 09:23 PM
im in england , birmingham, around 250,000 muslims.

so quite a lot of muslim areas

Beardo
06-06-2009, 09:33 PM
In my state in the US, it's apparently 1% Muslim. But I got that from Wikipedia, I have a feeling it's more.

By the way, that German Mosque design is AWESOMEEE.

Did any of you hear the one they plan to make in the UK next to the Olympic Stadiums?

Blackpool
06-06-2009, 11:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
In my state in the US, it's apparently 1% Muslim. But I got that from Wikipedia, I have a feeling it's more.

By the way, that German Mosque design is AWESOMEEE.

Did any of you hear the one they plan to make in the UK next to the Olympic Stadiums?
I dont know what's happening with that super mosque. There has been an uproar about it and I THINK the plans may have been abandoned.

S_87
06-07-2009, 11:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz

yeh

we have a lot of masjids mashaAllah but are they filling up? :(

Banu_Hashim
06-07-2009, 11:56 AM
In the UK, as a whole, there's about 2 million Muslims more or less.

Ten years ago in my town there used to be about two Muslims families including us. Now, there are over 50 Muslims families in this expanding town, including Indonesians, Pakistanis, Indians, Algerians, Palestinians, Egyptians, Malaysians, Yemenis etc. etc. so now it's a really vibrant community alhamdulilah.

north_malaysian
06-08-2009, 06:39 AM
Malaysia has 16,912,000 Muslims (60.4% of the total population), a great majority are Malays, there are Muslims among the ethnic Indians, Chinese, Thais, Aborigines, Natives of Borneos, Japanese, Koreans etc... I think we have Muslims from 90+ countries here...

I live in a town called Kulim, Kulim has 90,000 Muslims (60% of the population), the Muslims are made up of Malays, Indonesians, Bangladeshis, Cambodians, Indians, Chinese, Pakistanis and Arabs... I've seen one European during Friday prayers too...

Kâsva
08-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Ben Türkiyede yaşıyorum. Mevlana şehri Konya'da üniversite eğitimimi devam ettiriyorum:)

Kâsva
08-04-2013, 11:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kâsva
Ben Türkiyede yaşıyorum. Mevlana şehri Konya'da üniversite eğitimimi devam ettiriyorum:)
Ohh Im sorry I'm Turkish answered.

I live in Turkey. :) Have to continue university education in the city of Mevlana in Konya

Ali Mujahidin
08-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Update.

I am back in Thailand. South Thailand, to be specific. You know, where the bombs explode and bullets fly all day. Well, that's how it seemed when you learn about South Thailand from the media. Anyway, I have been back here since the beginning of Ramadan and it has been very peaceful. The Muslims here are the majority, about 90% of the local population. Fasting is observed. Terawih is performed. Just a couple more days before the Festival of Idil Fitri.

crimsontide06
08-10-2013, 05:57 AM
In my town? I have no clue, I would have to count how many people attend the mosque on fridays for a few weeks then factor in if they may be married,have kids...etc and maybe throw in a random number(100?) of people who do not attend the mosque but are Muslim. Besides family, I only see other Muslims when I go to the mosque.

Snel
08-10-2013, 06:13 AM
The muslims of Sweden are a minority, it's around 4% of the population. All are not practicing muslims though. In my experience, the most practicing ethnic group are the Somalis, their women wear proper hijab, and generally the Somalis are very nice and good people. There are some Swedish people who have converted to Islam, those who do also become very practicing. That is probably because Sweden is mostly atheistic and therefore I'd guess that making the decision to convert to such a politically incorrect religion such as Islam would require a person to be certain in his/her decision.
We should not forget about the arabs, many of them are muslims. However, most of the arabs are either nonpracticing or shia (mostly form Iraq). A very tiny minority of the Persians who live here are muslims too, however, as usual, most of them are ether nonpracticing or shia.

glo
08-10-2013, 07:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
My mother lives just north of Köln. Once the mosque is built I might just check it out myself.
(Although I do have a preference for old buildings ...)
The mosque is still under construction ...

http://www.beautifulmosque.com/colog...osque-germany/

Abu dujjana
08-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Im from the uk and alhamdulillah im very lucky their are so many muslims in my town theirs a mixture of muslims from diffrent backgrounds and their are also many madressahs

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.