/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions about Muslims in Middle East

Clover
06-05-2009, 10:24 AM
As many of you know, when I turn 18, after highschool, I am gonna sign up (actually, I might be signing up a month after my 17th birthday, in the Future Soldier Program, cause then each month I am in, which would be 11, I get 1000$ extra) in the US Army. Well, I know for a fact, I am gonna do a tour, I have been told, by a buddy, who will tommorrow (just realized it) will be getting shipped out to the Airforce, that in all our branches, if your in Active Duty, and your in it for 2 years, within them 2 years, you gotta do a tour. I am hoping to get a tour in Pakistan (I like Pakistan, I think it's just cause they have been buddies with us for a while, and I wana help them fight the rebels in the North), well, who exactly, should I seek out to get 1 on 1 information on Islam? A cleric? What would you call a spiritual leader in Islam?

Be aware, I do not plan on becoming Muslim, I simply love researching into Religions, and after my tour, or 2 tours, whichever, and after my college (I might have to go to 2 colleges, 1 of them 4 years, and the other 2 years) I plan on going to a Buddhist temple to study with them, for probably at least a year.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
06-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Salaam/ Peace

format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
.. who exactly, should I seek out to get 1 on 1 information on Islam?
If Internet is available where u will be , then come here & put your questions . InshaAllah ( God Willing) , we will try to give answers :statisfie

What would you call a spiritual leader in Islam?
Those who lead prayers are called Imam. Not sure if Imams in Pakistan can communicate in English. Do u know Urdu ?

Scholars are called as Sheik ; some call them Hazrat in Indo-Pak sub-continent. U may contact Teachers who teach at University. May be , they can help you.

Be aware, I do not plan on becoming Muslim, I simply love researching into Religions, and after my tour, or 2 tours, whichever, and after my college (I might have to go to 2 colleges, 1 of them 4 years, and the other 2 years) I plan on going to a Buddhist temple to study with them, for probably at least a year.[/QUOTE]

Rabi'ya
06-05-2009, 03:02 PM
greetings :D

Interesting post. Exactly what kind of information are you looking for with regards to Islam. I am sure you have already read a lot of info on this forum and I hope it has given you a good and positive insight into Islam.

There are some knowledgable people on this forum who might be able to help you out or even point you in the direction if you have any questions or want to find out more about Islam :)

Clover
06-07-2009, 05:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam/ Peace

If Internet is available where u will be , then come here & put your questions . InshaAllah ( God Willing) , we will try to give answers :statisfie

Those who lead prayers are called Imam. Not sure if Imams in Pakistan can communicate in English. Do u know Urdu ?

Scholars are called as Sheik ; some call them Hazrat in Indo-Pak sub-continent. U may contact Teachers who teach at University. May be , they can help you.

Be aware, I do not plan on becoming Muslim, I simply love researching into Religions, and after my tour, or 2 tours, whichever, and after my college (I might have to go to 2 colleges, 1 of them 4 years, and the other 2 years) I plan on going to a Buddhist temple to study with them, for probably at least a year.
[/QUOTE]

No, but I am wanting to learn Arabic, but thats mostly Iran I think. I looked, most of Pakistan (48%?) speaks Pajibi, or something spelled like that. I just hate to learn this language, then get sent to Iraq lol.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GreyKode
06-07-2009, 01:06 PM
No, but I am wanting to learn Arabic, but thats mostly Iran I think. I looked, most of Pakistan (48%?) speaks Pajibi, or something spelled like that. I just hate to learn this language, then get sent to Iraq lol.[/QUOTE]

Iranians don't speak arabic, they speak farsi.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.