/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What am i to do?

AnonymousPoster
06-05-2009, 01:13 PM
:sl:

im so confused,sorry for the long post but it is very serious

ever since december i have been attending one of the local Masjids other then the one me and my Family have been attending for a very long time.

I came to this Masjid to find some teen girls who can help out teamin a isalmic tournament.After attending for a couple day i noticed that they didnt have many teaches.they had 2 teachers and about 200 students so i volunteered myslef to help.I met the Imam and he was nice

now,although my intentions were not competely correct at the time,i continued to stay and i even started attending classes there.Alot of girls my age where there and at the time i needed that support so this also encourged me to stay even more

I was very ignorant at the time.I knew that the 3 local Masjids were in some disagreement about bid'ah ect.The Masjid my fmaily and i have been attending for lectures,classes ect has never been accused of any bid'ah for we have followed the Sunnah and did not celebrate the Prophet (Saw)'s Birthday and didnt make Dua out loud and didnt read Surah Fatiha as a congergation at the end of the Salah but the Masjid i started attending did all these things.My Mother told me about it but i was arrogant and i didnt listen to her.In fact this made me grow away from my mother for a little while and i fully regret what i did for she was way more knowledgable then i was and am now.

im not gonna get into what bid'ah is and what isnt but i will say that it is much safer to follow that of which is clearly stated in the Sunnah and the Quran and if what you believe is bringing you closer to ALLAH (SWA) in worship and isnt found in the blue print,Quran and Sunnah, then isnt it safe to say that although you have great intentioins your saying in a way by your actions that you know better then our beloved prophet (Saw).i just think its alot easier to just follow that of which the Prophet (Saw) did and what the four khalifas Abu Bakr,Omer,uthman and Ali (May ALLAH (SWA) be pleased with them all) did

anyway.I was stupid for attending this Masjid because my intentions werent correct in the first place.I attended primarly becuase i loved the way the Imam read and i loved the new sister i had met,They had halaqa's or small lectures after Maghrib.One of the sister would gather all the other sister and they would sit in a cirlce and each would get a chance to talk about Islam,Hadeeths ect.now,this amazed me b/c i never seen teenage girls respect one another so much so this also encouraged me to stay.

I noticed many things the Imam was doing that was wrong and on ethical.(i hope im not backbitting) i greatly respect this Imam.although he is only in his mid 20's he has so much knowledge and respect for the religion,but, he does things taht has the community talking.some believe he is to close to the girls.some clean his house and he actually takes them out on special accasions

anyway i experiemented.i made the loud Dua after the Salah and i even attended the Mowleed or Prophet (Saw)'s brithday celebration.(fill guilty just for saying that)

i know these people mean well and their intentions are correct MashALLAH but they just dont have the right mind set to reject theses things

i then began trying to serve as a middle man.i wanted to reunite the Ummah in my communty.it was so serious that many parents or students if each Masjid wont dare to even speak to one another. so id ecided that since i was cool with both members each Masjid and have estabilshed a good relationship with them that i would help slowly by surley reunite them in worshiping ALLAH (SWA) an drespecting one another.

one of the girls at the new Masjid that attended actuallly had the same idea which extremely suprised me since i had the idea for a while.i took this as a sign form ALLAH (SWA) to stay and continue what i was doing.after that meeting we didnt even mention it again.so now i was on my own again

i feel extremelt guilty for comitting these acts and i want to know how much of a sin i comitted.i surely dont want to be among those group of Muslims who come to drink from the well of Prophet Mohamed (Saw) but the angles will say you dont know what they innovated after you died and will be old sohgan,sohgan or go away go away

it says in Bukhair,who ever innovates especially in the these specific countries will be cursed by HIM (Saw),all the angles and all man kind

is repentence enough?

one more thing.i signed up to volunteer for this family day fundraiser.is my heling a sin because im helping raiser money for a Masjid clearly although with the best of intentions is comitting bid'ah

dont get me wrong,i love all the Masjid,for thet are the Bat-ul ALLAH but will i be sinning if i help raiser money to build a bigger Masjid where more people will attend and comitt Bid'ah?

if you celebrate this things i hope i havnt offended you at all InshALLAH

May ALLAH (SWA) guide us all and reunite the ummah.Ameen Ya Rabi!

JazkaALLAH Khair

WaSalamu Alaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sampharo
06-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Sister, take it easy. You didn't give us a lot of details about WHAT you really did there and what you mean by bidah. There are innovations and there are sunan hasana by the way, and the prophet praised the second and said: "Whomever introduces a good habit into Islam will yield its reward and the reward of whomever does it afterwards." Now you mentioned getting together on the occaision of the day of the prophet's birth. If that gathering at masjid is to do a special lecture about the prophet and remembering his virtues and lessons, followed by a Dua and supplication that includes a lot of praise on him, there is nothing wrong with that. If they gather together to bring out Dofoof (large cymbal-less tamborines) and say we're going to twirl around like dervishes and keep calling the prophet's name till we feel his presence in our hearts, that's when you turn and run for your religion!

So it all depends and you haven't elaborated, you're not connecting the dots much. Note that backbiting is not when you are asking to learn and wanting to know what to do about it from learned people, especially that we don't know you and we certainly don't know the people you are referring to. Ghaiba (Backbiting) is not so and is allowed and permissible when:
1- Seeking Justice, you may mention to a judge or police man whatever someone did, or your husband's parents to get your right from him for example.
2- Fixing someone through whomever has authority, like telling the parents of your student what he does and what he's like to deal with him and fix him, or the parents of someone you saw do something wrong in the neighborhood.
3- Seeking knowledge of right and wrong, so as to know, which is what you are doing here.
4- Someone might be seeking knowledge from you regarding someone for business or marriage, in which case you are actually REQUIRED to say what you know even if it is harsh and embarrassing. The prophet was asked by a woman regarding two men (Aba al-Jahm and Muawiya) and he -pbuh- said: "As for Muawiya, is a pauper without money, and Abu Al-Jahm never lets down his stick (i.e. harsh, in another version travels too much like a bedouin)."
5- Alerting people to someone's transitive evil or weakness. For example we are required to point if someone is ignorant in religion and gives misguided opinions so that others would notice and not take his words for granted. We are also required to warn of a criminal, or a bad administrator to whomever manages him to correct him or remove him if needs be.
6- If he is doing something in public without hiding or shame. Such as music playing or openly not fasting and eating in front of everyone. You may not discuss other things about him that he does not practice in public though.
7- If it's public knowledge and it's used to refer to him without belittling, such as "I mean the blind one" or informing someone "he can't hear" or "the one who sleeps in the park". It is not permissible to use it on the grounds of belittling the person though so you need to be careful with this one.
("Fiqh Al-Sunnah" Jurisprudence of Sunnah, Sayyed Sabeq, part 3)

So speak a little detail otherwise we can't really give you opinions on what is or not Bidah, there is a chance your older masjed is just taking things out of perspective.

The only thing I saw in what you said that is alarming is what you said about the young 20 something year old imam getting close to the sisters and some going to his home. That sounds outrageous!!

All in all sister, muslims need to come together not divide, and if muslims can speak and lay salam on christians and jews, why wouldn't they speak to muslims from another masjed even if they are misguided?

And God knows best

ayan333
06-06-2009, 12:04 AM

watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA92oxF9Bm8

:w:

Ummu Sufyaan
06-06-2009, 11:19 AM
make sure that what the people do at this masjid is 100% bid'ah from the people of knowledge.

if it is, then seek repentance and ditch it :p...but do try to give dawah to the people who attend without putting your own iman at stake and disobeying your mum...

I noticed many things the Imam was doing that was wrong and on ethical.(i hope im not backbitting) i greatly respect this Imam.although he is only in his mid 20's he has so much knowledge and respect for the religion,but, he does things taht has the community talking.some believe he is to close to the girls.some clean his house and he actually takes them out on special accasions
to be careful about suspicion. if none of these have a basis to them (i.e are heard from reliable people who aren't in the "gossip monger league" and are meaningless gossip then fear in Allah in regards to another's honor :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!