PDA

View Full Version : Judgement Day

catalzzy
06-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Salam,

I researched about the Judgement Day in Islam and what confuses me is that,

Al-Mahadi < cant spell the name. sorry.

Well,

I talked to my muslim friend about it, he said, he wouldnt come because he believe that Prophet Isa, (pbuh) will come instead of him. He says that, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) bloodline is finished because he was stating that his children has died.

When, i see about Al-Mahadi, he is descended from Fatima. but, my friend said that ALL his children has died and noone has his blood. He literally said that it was the shia belief or something i dont know.

So, i thought, i felt that he is rejecting one of the major sign of the judgement day.

I want anyone to help to correct me, if that is not true or true. I m puzzled about it.

Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sampharo
06-07-2009, 06:55 AM
Your friend is mistaken. The grandchildren of Ali and Fatima survived and formed a bloodline. There is a whole union in Egypt for all people proven to come from that bloodline called "Al-Ashraf" meaning the honoured. In Iraq and Syria they are referred to still as descendents of Ahl Al-Bait.

Al-Mahdi however in the Sunnah is not a major stated sign of judgement day. The authenticated hadith says "There will come a day when a man of my lineage (bloodline) whose name is as my name will be pushed out from Madina to Makka, elected by Baya'a even when he is reluctant, and he will unite the Arab land." Nothing more. So lack of belief in him is simply questioning whether that hadith refers specifically to Al-Mahdi, even though most of the scholars are almost unanimous that it does, is not necessarily disbelief in judgement day or its major signs.

Ibn Kathir book Al-Bidaya Wannihaya mentions many stories (not all authenticated) through companions about detailed events, that he will end the separate governments, will be supported by men who join him from east of the Arab land (an army from Khurasan), and that after much death he and his remaining men will be cornered in Palestine by the Al-Maseekh Al-Dajjal (anti-christ), that is when Jesus will descend to kill the anti-christ and his followers.

The authenticated signs of judgement day are minor and major. The minor signs are in the fifties and almost all have come true already. The major signs are Ya'goog and Magoog, Al-Maseekh Al-Dajjal and Jesus christ, The Dabbatul Al-Ard that speaks to people, The smoke from Yemen, The wind that comes to take the lives of believers, and the last is the sun rising from the west, which seals the door for forgiveness and belief and begins the day of judgement.

~Taalibah~
06-08-2009, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Catalzzy
Salam,

I researched about the Judgement Day in Islam and what confuses me is that,

Al-Mahadi < cant spell the name. sorry.

Well,

I talked to my muslim friend about it, he said, he wouldnt come because he believe that Prophet Isa, (pbuh) will come instead of him. He says that, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) bloodline is finished because he was stating that his children has died.

When, i see about Al-Mahadi, he is descended from Fatima. but, my friend said that ALL his children has died and noone has his blood. He literally said that it was the shia belief or something i dont know.

So, i thought, i felt that he is rejecting one of the major sign of the judgement day.

I want anyone to help to correct me, if that is not true or true. I m puzzled about it.

Thank you.
:sl:

It would be good if you could get an authentic book on the day of judgement.
It should explain thoroughly the details of Hazrat Imam Mahdi.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.