Salaam

A very intresting documentery about the "lost gosples" -

I'm watching the second part which is very intresting -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L7cQ...eature=channel

peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Follower
06-09-2009, 02:26 PM
I can't believe that this man is just now finding the lost, apocrypha and false gospels? LOL! I have known about them for all of my adult life- 30 years now!

Did I understand him to say he was studying to be a minister?

After the Council of Jerusalem 50AD many false gospels were started. They were written too late after the time of Jesusto be considered true. According to the disciples, Jesus never said or preached the things they contain.

http://www.steamchip.com/page001.html
Jesus even spent time in England with the druids.

LOL!! Jesus in Japan:
http://www.thiaoouba.com/tomb.htm

Zafran
06-09-2009, 02:33 PM
The good thing about the documentery was that it actually talked about what was happening before the "offical" canon - people actually had there own cannons for 300 years - furthermore there documentery talked about other "gosples" which havent been found yet.

Grace Seeker
06-10-2009, 04:38 AM
Notice he says "in the first 400 years after Jesus death there were in existence more than 20 gospels, ...." These are the books he goes on to question why they were no included as canonical. Do you really expect us to include in the canon "gospels" that weren't formed until centuries after all those who knew Jesus had since died? Despite arguments from those that say the canonical gospels are also later writings, the fact that they are all quoted in the letters of the first generation of church fathers puts the lie to that idea.

That's not to say that there isn't good information in the material presented in these clips, there are plenty of other books that speak about Jesus just as he said. Many of them even help us to better understand the early church. What he doesn't do is give in substantial reason why any of these books should be accepted as part of the canon when they were rejected in their own time.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Follower
06-10-2009, 02:18 PM
"in the first 400 years after Jesus death

Why believe in something written so far after the life of Jesus when we have the eyewitness accounts?

Very good point - What he doesn't do is give in substantial reason why any of these books should be accepted as part of the canon when they were rejected in their own time.

Zafran
06-10-2009, 02:34 PM
what about the once that havnet been found yet - that would be realy intresting.
Can you give me the dates on all the gospels - cannonized and the once that were not and when they were believed to be written.

Thanks,

Grace Seeker
06-10-2009, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
Can you give me the dates on all the gospels - cannonized and the once that were not and when they were believed to be written.

Thanks,
The list of "other writings" is incredibly long. I just don't have the time to go into that sort of depth to post with regard to all of them. But here is a good resource to begin your own research:
Early Christian Writings.

format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
what about the once that havnet been found yet - that would be realy intresting.
I agree that it would be really interesting. But we could speculate anything about them: You could suppose that a book written by Jesus might be found that would back up everything the Qur'an teaches and I could speculate that one would be found in which Jesus categorically states "I am the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and Jacob. I am the God who created the universe, who spoke to Moses in the wilderness, and placed David on his throne. I am the first and the last, the beginning and the end. Behold I died, and yet I am alive for evermore."

FATEone
06-10-2009, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
The list of "other writings" is incredibly long. I just don't have the time to go into that sort of depth to post with regard to all of them. But here is a good resource to begin your own research:
Early Christian Writings.

I agree that it would be really interesting. But we could speculate anything about them: You could suppose that a book written by Jesus might be found that would back up everything the Qur'an teaches and I could speculate that one would be found in which Jesus categorically states "I am the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and Jacob. I am the God who created the universe, who spoke to Moses in the wilderness, and placed David on his throne. I am the first and the last, the beginning and the end. Behold I died, and yet I am alive for evermore."
There is a book that states the latter. The Bible.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.