06-07-2009, 11:44 PM
:sl:
I will now start posting the Islamic Reminder emails here.inshAllah

Assalaamu `alaykum wa Rahmatullahi Wabarakatuh brothers and sisters,

Advertisement: Islamic Bookstore Grand Opening

http://www.jannahbookstore.com/

New Store Opening

SOURCE:http://www.ezsoftech.com/stories/mis13.asp#store

A store that sells husbands has just opened in Nairobi, where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates. You may visit the store ONLY ONCE!
There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch . You may choose any man from a particular floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building! So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband...
On the first floor the sign on the door reads: Floor 1 - These men have jobs and love the Lord.
The second floor sign reads: Floor 2 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, and love kids.
The third floor sign reads: Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, and are extremely good looking.
"Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.
She goes to the fourth floor and sign reads: Floor 4 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop-dead good looking and help with the housework.
"Oh mercy me" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!" Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads: Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop-dead gorgeous, help with the housework, and have a strong romantic streak.
She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the sign reads: Floor 6 - You are visitor 4,363,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please.
Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store. Watch your step as you exit the building, and have a nice day!

Moral:We should be careful of greed and be happy with the blessings Allah(SWT) blessed us with .inshAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
egyptballer
06-08-2009, 09:11 PM

Picture of Peace

SOURCE:http://www.ezsoftech.com/stories/mis59.asp#overwhelmed

There once was a King who offered a prize to the artist who would paint the best picture of peace. Many artists tried. The King looked at all the pictures, but there were only two he really liked and he had to choose between them.
One picture was of a calm lake. The lake was a perfect mirror, for peaceful towering mountains were all around it. Overhead was a blue sky with fluffy white clouds. All who saw this picture thought that it was a perfect picture of peace.
The other picture had mountains, too. But these were rugged and bare. Above was an angry sky from which rain fell and in which lightening played. Down the side of the mountain tumbled a foaming waterfall. This did not look peaceful at all. But when the King looked, he saw behind the waterfall a tiny bush growing in a crack in the rock. In the bush a mother bird had built her nest. There, in the midst of the rush of angry water, sat the mother bird on her nest, perfect peace.
Which picture do you think won the prize?
The King chose the second picture. Do you know why?
Because, as explained by the King: "Peace does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. Peace means to be in the midst of all those things and still be calm in your heart. That is the real meaning of peace."

Allah (SWT) says in Noble Qur'an: "Those who believe and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah: for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction." (Surah al-Rad 13:28)

Moral:Realize that true happiness lies within you. Waste no time and effort searching for peace, contentment and joy in the world outside. inshAllah

Advertisement:http://www.jannahbookstore.com/

Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) said:
Whoever invites towards (the path of) guidance shall receive a reward equal to the rewards of those who follow him without this decreasing anything from their rewards. (Sahih Muslim)

Prophet (PBUH) said "Pass on knowledge from me even if it is only one verse"

egyptballer
06-12-2009, 11:33 PM

Useless Tree

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/20...less-tree.html

Two men were walking along one summer day. Soon it
became too hot to go any further and, seeing a large
plane tree nearby, they threw themselves on the
ground to rest in its shade.

Gazing up into the branches one man said to the other:
“What a useless tree this is. It does not have fruit or
nuts that we can eat and we cannot even use its
wood for anything.”
“Don’t be so ungrateful,” rustled the tree in reply.
“I am being extremely useful to you at this very
moment, shielding you from the hot sun.
And you call me a good-for-nothing!”

Moral: All of God’s creations have a good purpose.Islam teaches us that we should never belittle Allah’s blessings. inshAllah

Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) said:
Whoever invites towards (the path of) guidance shall receive a reward equal to the rewards of those who follow him without this decreasing anything from their rewards. (Sahih Muslim)

Prophet (PBUH) said "Pass on knowledge from me even if it is only one verse"

EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me

wth1257
06-13-2009, 02:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by egyptballer

New Store Opening

A store that sells husbands has just opened in Nairobi, where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates. You may visit the store ONLY ONCE!
There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch . You may choose any man from a particular floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building! So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband...
On the first floor the sign on the door reads: Floor 1 - These men have jobs and love the Lord.
The second floor sign reads: Floor 2 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, and love kids.
The third floor sign reads: Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, and are extremely good looking.
She goes to the fourth floor and sign reads: Floor 4 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop-dead good looking and help with the housework.
"Oh mercy me" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!" Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads: Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop-dead gorgeous, help with the housework, and have a strong romantic streak.
She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the sign reads: Floor 6 - You are visitor 4,363,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please.
Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store. Watch your step as you exit the building, and have a nice day!

Moral:We should be careful of greed and be happy with the blessings Allah(SWT) blessed us with .inshAllah

:lol:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
egyptballer
06-15-2009, 04:25 PM

Please register to this great Islamic forum here:
Eagle Egg

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/20...eagle-egg.html

A Long time before ,An eagle's egg was placed in the nest of a prairie chicken. The egg hatched and the little eagle grew up thinking it was a prairie chicken. The eagle did what the prairie chickens did. It scratched in the dirt for seeds. It clucked and cackled. It never flew more than a few feet because that is what the prairie chickens did.
One day he saw an eagle flying gracefully and majestically in the open sky. He asked the prairie chickens: "What is that beautiful bird?" The chickens replied, "That is an eagle.
He is an outstanding bird, but you cannot fly like him because you are just a prairie chicken." So the eagle never gave it a second thought, believing that to be the truth. He lived the life of and died a prairie chicken, depriving himself of his heritage because of his lack of vision. What a waste! He was born to win, but was conditioned to lose....

Moral:This teaches us that we shouldn't hang around peers that will negatively influence us in our decision.Environmental pressure can change our beliefs so we must be aware of our surroundings. inshAllah

egyptballer
06-15-2009, 04:28 PM

The Woodcutter

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/20...od-cutter.html

Ismayil, a woodcutter, worked for a company for five years but never got a raise in his wages. The company hired Abdullah and within a year he got a raise. This caused resentment in Ismayil and he went to his boss to talk about it.

The boss said, "You are still cutting the same number of trees you were cutting five years ago. We are a result-oriented company and would be happy to give you a raise if your productivity goes up." Ismayil went back, started hitting harder and putting in longer hours but he still wasn't able to cut more trees. He went back
to his boss and told him his dilemma.
The boss told Ismayil to go talk to Abdulla, "Maybe there
is something Abdulla knows that you and l don't." Ismayil asked Abdulla how he managed to cut more trees. Abdulla answered, "After every tree l cut, l take a break for two minutes and sharpen my axe. When was the last time you sharpened your axe?" This question hit home like a bullet and Ismayil got his answer.

So My Dear friends When you sharpened your school lesson last???!!
When you sharpened your Quran study last??!!
When you Sharpened your General Knowledge???!!
When you Sharpened your Islamic Knowledge??!!
When you keep in touch your friends and neighbor and relatives....

So Keep sharpen your all the area of the life.

Moral:Let us sharpen all areas of life.inshAllah

egyptballer
06-17-2009, 03:45 AM

Also check out the new Diariesofhafiz Section
"What would you do?"

http://diariesofahafiz.com/home/?p=101

Angel from Heaven

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/20...om-heaven.html

Once upon a time there was a child ready to be born. One day the child asked God, “They tell me you are going to send me to earth tomorrow but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?” God replied, “Among the many angels I have chosen one for you. She will be waiting for you and will take care of you.”

Said child, “But tell me here in Heaven I don’t do anything else but sing and smile. That’s what I
need to be happy!” God replied, “Your angel will sing for you every day. And you will feel your
angel’s love and be happy.”

And, said the child, “How am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me, if I don’t
know the language that men talk?” “That’s easy”, God said, “Your angel will tell you the most
beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will
teach you how to speak.” The child looked up at God saying, “And what am I going to do when I
want to talk to you?” God smiled at the child saying, “Your angel will teach you how to pray.”
The child said, “I’ve heard on earth there are bad men. Who will protect me?” God replied, “Your angel will defend you, even if it means risking life!” The child looked sad, saying, “But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore.” God replied, “Your angel will always talk to you about me and will teach you the way to come back to
me, even though I will always be next to you.”
At that moment there was much peace in Heaven,
but voices from earth could already be heard.
The child in a hurry, asked softly, “Oh God, if
I am about to leave now please tell me my angel’s
name!” God replied, Your angel’s name is of no
importance… you will simply call her

MOTHER!

Moral:We must remember what our mothers do for us when we are young to appreciate them when we get older.inshAllah

egyptballer
06-17-2009, 07:01 PM

Wise Boy

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/2007/03/wise-boy.html

Many years ago, during the time of the Taabi'een (the generation of Muslims after the Sahabah), Baghdad was a great city of Islam . In fact, it was the capital of the Islamic Empire and because of the great number of scholars who lived there, it was the center of Islamic knowledge. One day, the ruler of Rome at that time sent an envoy to Baghdad with three challenges for the Muslims. When the messenger reached the city, he informed the Khalifah that he had three questions which he challenged the Muslims to answer.
The Khalifah gathered together all the scholars of the city and the Roman messenger climbed upon a high platform and said, "I have come with three questions. If you answer them, then I will leave with you a great amount of wealth which I have brought from the king of Rome . As for the questions, they were:
'What was there before Allah?' 'In which direction does Allah face?' 'What is Allah engaged in at this moment?'"

The great assembly of people were silent. (Can you think of answers to these questions?) In the midst of these brilliant scholars and students of Islam, there was a man looking on with his young son. "O my dear father! I will answer him and silence him!" said the youth.

So the boy sought the permission of the Khalifah to give the answers and he was given the permission to do so.

The Roman addressed the young Muslim and repeated his first question, "What was there before Allah?"

The boy asked, "Do you know how to count?" "Yes," said the man. "Then count down from ten!" So the Roman counted down, "ten, nine, eight, ..." until he reached "one" and he stopped counting. "But what comes before 'one'?" asked the boy. "There is nothing before one- that is it!" said the man. "Well then, if there obviously is nothing before the arithmetic 'one', then how do you expect that there should be anything before the 'One' who is Absolute truth, All-Eternal, Everlasting the First, the Last, the Manifest, the Hidden?"
Now the man was surprised by this direct answer which he could not dispute. So he asked, "Then tell me, in which direction is Allah facing?"

"Bring a candle and light it," said the boy, "and tell me in which direction the flame is facing." "But the flame is just light- it spreads in each of the four directions, North, South, East and West. It does not face any one direction only," said the man in wonderment. The boy cried, "Then if this physical light spreads in all four directions such that you cannot tell me which way it faces, then what do you expect of the Nur-us-Samawati-wal-'Ard: Allah - the Light of the Heavens and the Earth!? Light upon Light, Allah faces all directions at all times." The Roman was stupefied and astounded that here was a young child answering his challenges in such a way that he could not argue against the proofs. So, he desperately wanted to try his final question.

But before doing so, the boy said, "Wait! You are the one who is asking the questions and I am the one who is giving the answers to these challenges. It is only fair that you should come down to where I am standing and that I should go up where you are right now, in order that the answers may be heard as clearly as the questions. "This seemed reasonable to the Roman, so he came down from where he was standing and the boy ascended the platform. Then the man repeated his final challenge, "Tell me, what is Allah doing at this moment?" The boy proudly answered, "At this moment, when Allah found upon this high platform a liar and mocker of Islam, He caused him to descend and brought him low. And as for the one who believed in the Oneness of Allah, He raised him up and established the Truth. Every day He exercises (universal) power (Surah 55 ar-Rahman, Verse 29)." The Roman had nothing to say except to leave and return back to his country, defeated. Meanwhile, this young boy grew up to become one of the most famous scholars of Islam. Allah, the Exalted, blessed him with special wisdom and knowledge of the Deen (religion). His name was Abu Hanifah (rahmatullah alayhi- May Allah have mercy on him) and he is known today as Imam Abu Hanifah (Imam-e-Azam), the Great Imam and scholar of Islam.

egyptballer
06-18-2009, 10:57 PM

Judgement

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/20...lfish-man.html
and parts of: http://www.ezsoftech.com/stories/mis13.asp

Once upon a time, there was a selfish man. He liked everything to be his own. He could not share his belongings with anyone, not even his friends or the poor.One day, the man lost thirty gold coins. He went to his friend’s house and told him how he lost his gold coins. His friend was a kind man.
As his friend’s daughter was coming from an errand she found thirty gold coins, when she arrived home, she told her father what she had found. The girl’s father told her that the gold coins belong to his friend and he sent for him. When the selfish man arrived, he told him how his daughter had found his thirty gold coins and handed then to him.After counting the gold coins the man said that
ten of them was missing and had been taken by the girl as he had forty gold coins. He further
commented that he will recover the remaining amount from him. But the girl’s father refused.
The man left the gold coins and went to the court and informed the judge there about what had taken place between him and the girl’s father.

The judge sent for the girl and her father, and when they arrived asked the girl how many gold
coins did she find. She replied thirty gold coins. The Judge that asked the selfish man how many
gold coins did he lose and he answered forty gold coins.

The judge then told the man that the gold coins did not belong to him because the girl found thirtyand not forty as he claimed to have lost and then told the girl to take the gold coins and that if anybodyis looking for them he will send for the girl.The judge told the man that if anybody reports that they have found forty gold coins he will sendfor him. It was then that the man confessed that he lied and that he lost thirty gold coins but the judge did not listen to him.

Moral:We should watch ourselves from becoming greedy. Greed enslaves us and causes grief.The greedy cares only for collecting fortunes without stopping at any limit. It also prevents us from donating to charity.

'Amr b. al-'As reported that he heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: When a judge gives a decision, having tried his best to decide correctly and is right, there are two rewards for him; and if he gave a judgment after having tried his best (to arrive at a correct decision) but erred, there is one reward for him.(S.Muslim 18:4261)

egyptballer
06-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Assalaamu `alaykum wa Rahmatullahi Wabarakatuh brothers and sisters,I will stop Islamic Reminders momentarily because I will not have internet access for about a week.I will continue afterward.inshAllah

Honesty

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/2007/04/honesty.html

An emperor in the Far East was growing old and knew it was time to choose his Successor.Instead of choosing one of his assistants or his children, he decided something different.
He called young people in the kingdom together one day. He said, “It is time for me to step down and choose the next emperor. I have decided to choose one of you.”

The Youths were shocked! But the emperor continued. “I am going to give each one of you a seed today. One very special seed. I want you to plant the seed, water it and come back here after one year from today with what you have grown from this one seed.
I will then judge the plants that you bring, and the one I choose will be the next emperor!”
One Man named Munna was there that day and he, like the others, received a seed. He went home and excitedly told his mother the story. She helped him get a pot and planting soil, and he planted the seed and watered it carefully. Every day he would water it and watch to see if it had grown.

Afterabout three weeks, some of the other youths began to talk about their seeds and the plants that were beginning to grow.

Munna kept checking his seed, but nothing ever grew. 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 5 weeks went by. Still nothing. By now, others were talking about their plants but Munna didn't have a plant, and he felt like a failure.

Six months went by, still nothing in Munna’s pot. He just knew he had killed his seed. Everyone else had trees and tall plants, but he had nothing. Munna didn’t say anything to his friends, however. He just kept waiting for his seed to grow.

A year finally went by and all the youths of the kingdom brought their plants to the emperor for inspection. Munna told his mother that he wasn’t going to take an empty pot. But honest about what happened, Munna felt sick to his stomach, but he knew his mother was right. He took his empty pot to the palace. When Munna arrived, he was amazed at the variety of plants grown by the other youths.

They were beautiful in all shapes and sizes. Munna put his empty pot on the floor and many of the other kinds laughed at him. A few felt sorry for him and just said
“Hey nice try.”
When the emperor arrived, he surveyed the room and greeted the young people. Munna just tried to hide in the back. “What great plants, trees and flowers you have grown,” said the emperor. “Today, one of you will be appointed the next emperor!” All of a sudden, the emperor spotted Munna at the
back of the room with his empty pot. He ordered his guards to bring him to the front. Munna was terrified. “The emperor knows I’m a failure! Maybe he will have me killed!” When Munna got to the front, the Emperor asked his name. “My name is Munna,” he replied. All the Youths were laughing and making fun of him. The emperor asked everyone to quiet down. He looked at Munna, and then announced to the crowd, “Behold your new emperor! His name is Munna!”

Munna couldn’t believe it. Munna couldn’t even grow his seed. How could he be the new emperor? Then the emperor said, “One year ago today, I gave everyone here a seed. I told you to take the seed, plant it, water it, and bring it back to me today. But I gave you all boiled seeds, which would not grow.
All of you, except Munna, have brought me trees and plants and flowers. When you found that the seed would not grow, you substituted another seed for the one I gave you. Munna was the only one with the courage and honesty to bring me a pot with my seed in it. Therefore, he is the one who will be the new emperor!”

Moral:Telling the truth has many seen and unseen virtues.Let us pray to Allah(swt) to help us tell the truth.inshAllah

Advertisement: [PLACE YOUR AD HERE]

'Abdullah reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: It is obligatory for you to tell the truth, for truth leads to virtue and virtue leads to Paradise, and the man who continues to speak the truth and endeavours to tell the truth is eventually recorded as truthful with Allah, and beware of telling of a lie for telling of a lie leads to obscenity and obscenity leads to Hell-Fire, and the person who keeps telling lies and endeavours to tell a lie is recorded as a liar with Allah. (S.Muslim 32:6309)

egyptballer
06-27-2009, 01:58 AM
Assalaamu `alaykum wa Rahmatullahi Wabarakatuh brothers and sisters,I am back from my trip safely alhumdillah.If you would like to know some of the things I learned from my trip click here.

Pond of Milk

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/2007/04/honesty.html

Once there was a king in India ,who thought remove poverty from his country and give nutritious food to his people so he prepare some scheme with help of his people, his first plan was to gave glass of milk to all poor people in his country. he told some of his workers to dig a pond. Once the pond was dug, the king made an announcement to his people saying that one person from each household has to bring a glass of milk during the night and pour it into the pond. So,the pond should be full of milk by the morning. After receiving the order, everyone went home.

One man prepared to take the milk during the night. He thought that since everyone will bring milk, he could just hide a glass of water and pour inside the pond. Because it will be dark at night, no one will notice. So he quickly went and poured the water in the pond and came back. In the morning, the king came to visit the pond for inaugurate his new program, he surprised!! the pond was only filled with water! What has happened is that everyone was thinking like the other man that “I don't have to put the milk, someone else will do it.”

Moral:Dear friends, when it comes to help the Religion of Allah [swt], do not think that others will take care of it. Rather, it starts from you, if you don’t do it, no one else will do it. So, change yourself to the way of Allah to serve Him and that will make the difference.inshAllah

Advertisement: [PLACE YOUR AD HERE]

Ali_008
06-27-2009, 03:41 AM
Awesome Awesome Awesome
Jazakallah Khair
:w:

egyptballer
06-27-2009, 03:47 AM
Wa Iyaak.:D

egyptballer
06-28-2009, 02:11 AM

The Barber

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/20...-exist_08.html

A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed.As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation.They talked about so many things and various subjects. When they eventuallytouched on the subject of God, the barber said: "I don't believe that God exists."" Why do you say that?"asked the customer."Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist.Tell me, if God exists,would there be so many sick people? Would there beabandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering norpain. I can't imagine loving a God who would allow all of these things."The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument.

The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop. Just after heleft the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirtyhair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and un-kept. The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber: "You know what? Barbers do not exist."" How can you say that?"asked the surprised barber. "I am here, and I am a barber.And I just worked on you!""No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside.""Ah, but barbers DO exist! What happens is, people do not come to me.""Exactly !"- affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES exist! What happens, is, people don't go to Him and do not look for Him. That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."

Moral:We should make dua and only seek protection in Allah(swt) when we need help.inshAllah

egyptballer
06-28-2009, 05:46 PM

Crow and Son

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/20...w-and-son.html

An 80 year old man was standing in his house along with his 40 year's old highly educated son. Suddenly Oldman saw two crow through their window.

The Father asked his Son, "What is this?"

The Son replied "It is a crow".

After a few minutes, the Father asked his Son the 2nd time, "What is this?"

The Son said "Father, I have just now told you "It's a crow".

After a little while, the old Father again asked his Son the 3rd time, "What is this?"

At this time some ex-pression of irritation was felt in the Son's tone when he said to his Father with a rebuff.

"It's a crow, a crow".

A little after, the Father again asked his Son t he 4th time, "What is this?"

This time the Son shouted at his Father, "Why do you keep asking me the same question again and again, although I have told you so many times 'IT IS A CROW'. Are you not able to understand this?"

A little later the Father went to his room and came back with an old tattered diary, which he had maintained since his Son was born. On opening a page, he asked his Son to read that page. When the son read it, the following words were written in the diary:-

"Today my little son aged three was sitting with me on the sofa,when a crow was sitting on the window. My Son asked me 23 times what it was, and I replied to him all 23 times that it was a Crow. I hugged him lovingly each time he asked me the same question again and again for 23 times. I did not at all feel irritated. I rather felt affection for my innocent child".

While the little child asked him 23 times "What is this", the Father had felt no irritation in replying to the same question all 23 times and when today the Father asked his Son the same question just 4 times, the Son felt irritated and annoyed.
So...
If your parents attain old age, do not repulse them or look at them as a burden, but speak to them a gracious word; be cool, obedient,humble and kind to them. Be considerate to your parents.

From today say this aloud, "I want to see my parents happy forever. They have cared for me ever since I was a little child. They have always showered their selfless love on me. They crossed all mountains and valleys without seeing the storm and heat to make me a person presentable in the Society today".

Say a prayer to Allah, "I will serve my old parents in the BEST way. I will say all good and kind words to my dear parents, no matter how they behave. When I am old, I do not want my child to repeat the words when the crow perches on my window".

"And your Rabb has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour. And lower unto them the wing of submission and humility through mercy, and say: `My Rabb! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was young.''' (Holy Quran 17:23-24)

Moral:We shouldn't be impatient with our parents for they raised us and it took them patience to raise us.inshAllah

egyptballer
06-29-2009, 10:03 PM

Fish and Fisherman

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/20...fisherman.html

Many people have been on this planet and many arrogant have gone under this earth. Those Kings, Pharaohs, Nimruds and many more... arrogantly claimed to be the God but they have died! Not just this, they could not even know when they would die! All of us might know our date-of-birth or place-of-birth, but who knows one's date-of-death or place-of-death! However, as long as we don't know when we will die, doors of repentance are open for us, insha' Allah.

A little fish considers her ocean to be the only universe, after all, how big is an ocean for a little fish! Once a big fish advised the little fish about fishermen outside the water but she could not be convinced to believe that there could be anything 'beyond' this under-water- world. The big fish gave descriptions of the fishermen and their tools (ship, baits, net, sinker.. etc) and warned her to stay away from those things.
One day, the little fish came across something strange and suddenly remembered what the elder fish had said about fishermen & their tools. The little fish moved ahead saying "There is no such thing as fishermen" and started to eat the bait until the hook got stuck into her mouth. Sadly, she was dragged out of the water and this was it! She could now see the world-beyond- water and became certain about what the elder fish had said before but unfortunately, she had no chance to return back.

Some of us we might consider that this world is the only world. Some fish cannot perceive life outside of water, however, there are also some fish who can see things outside the water, it might also happen that a small fish comes out of water for a short time then goes back without being hurt (thus witnessing things outside the water). There are Angels as well as Jinns outside our sights, we don't see them. Devils can be imagined as the fishermen with baits trying to lure us. We have been warned to stay away from evil, even if we like it's bait.

Imagine that the Angel of death suddenly appears before us and demands our Soul/Spirit (it can happen any instant anyway), if we don't happily surrender ourselves, that Angel could painfully snatch our Soul from us. Then we will realize and become certain about that unseen world, quite like that fish in the above example. Our death is certain, but are we prepared to stand in front of our Lord?

{" It is He (Allah) Who has given the best form to everything that He has created. He originated the creation of man from clay; then automated the creation of his progeny by an extract of a despicable water; then He fashioned him in due proportion and breathed into him of His spirit. He gave you ears, eyes and heart; yet you are seldom thankful. They say: "What! Once we are lost in the earth, shall we be created afresh?" Nay! They deny the fact that they will ever meet their Lord. Al-Qur'an [ as-Sajda -- 32:7-12 ]:
Say: "The angel of death (Izra'il) who is assigned for you will carry off your souls and bring you back to your Lord." If only you could visualize when the criminals will hang their heads before their Lord saying: "Our Lord! We have seen and we have heard; please send us back to the world and we will do good deeds: we are now convinced." }

Moral:We should listen to the sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) for he is the person who warned us about the evils of this world.Since we only see earth and nothing above or below this may cause some to disbelieve but Allah (SWT) signs are evident.One of his beautiful signs is the vast ocean.Let us strengthen our imam.inshAllah

egyptballer
07-04-2009, 01:53 AM

Cup of Coffee

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/20...-or-coffe.html

A group of graduates, highly established in their careers, got together to visit their old university professor.

Conversation soon turned into complaints about stress in work and life.
Offering his guests coffee, the professor went to the kitchen and returned with a large pot of coffee and an assortment of cups - porcelain, plastic, glass, crystal, some plain looking, some expensive, some exquisite - telling them to help themselves to the coffee.
When all the students had a cup of coffee, the professor said: “If you noticed, all the nice looking expensive cups were taken up, leaving behind the simple and cheap ones.
While it is normal for you to want only the best for yourselves, that is the source of your problems and stress.
Be assured that the cup itself adds no quality to the coffee.
In most cases, it is just more expensive and in some cases even hides what we drink.
What all of you really wanted was coffee, not the cup, but you
Consciously went for the best cups… Then you began eyeing each other’s cups.

Now consider this:
- Life is the coffee; the jobs, money and position in society are the cups.
- They are just tools to hold and contain Life, and the type of cup we have does not define, nor change the quality of Life we live.
- Sometimes, by concentrating on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee God has provided us. Enjoy your coffee!.”

Moral: The happiest people don’t have the best of everything.
They just make the best of everything.”

1. Live simply.
2. Love generously.
3. Care deeply.
4. Speak kindly.
5. Leave the rest to God.

You are the miracle, my friend;
Your life either shines a light OR casts a shadow!
Shine a light & Enjoy the Coffee!!!.inshAllah

egyptballer
07-04-2009, 01:54 AM

An Office Boy

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/20...ffice-boy.html

A jobless man applied for the position of ‘office boy’ at a very big firm.
The HR manager interviewed him, then a test: clean the floor. “You are hired” he said, give me your email address, and I’ll send you the application to fill, as well as when you will start. The man replied “I don’t have a computer, neither an email”.

I’m sorry, said the HR manager, if you don’t have an email that means you do not exist. And who doesn’t exist, cannot have the job. The man left with no hope at all. He didn’t know what to do, with only $10 US in his pocket.

He then decided to go to the supermarket and buy a 10 KG tomato crate. He then sold the tomatoes in a door to door round. In less than two hours, he succeeded to double his capital. He repeated the operation 3 times, and returned home with $60 US. The man realized that he can survive by this way, and started to go everyday earlier, and return late. Thus, his money doubles or triples every day. Shortly later, he bought a cart, then a truck, and then he had his own fleet of delivery vehicles.
5 years later, the man is one of the biggest food retailers in the US. He started to plan his family’s future, and decided to have a life insurance.
He called an insurance broker, and chooses a protection plan. When the conversation was concluded, the broker asked him his email. The man replied: ‘I don’t have an email’. The broker replied curiously, you don’t have an email, and yet have succeeded to build an empire. Do you imagine what you could have been if you had an email?
The man thought for a while, and replied: an office boy!

Moral: If you have good faith in Allah (swt) there is way for success in any situation. inshAllah

egyptballer
07-04-2009, 01:55 AM

True Value

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/20...treasures.html

A bulgar scaled the wall of Maalik Bin Dinar's house one night and easily managed to get inside. Once inside the house, the thief was disappointed to see nothing worth stealing. Maalik was busy performing prayer. Realizing he was not alone, he quickly ended his prayer and turned around to face the thief. Without showing any signs of shock or scare, Maalik calmly extended greetings of peace and said, "My brother, may Allah forgive you. You entered my home and found nothing worth taking, yet I do not want you to leave without taking away some benefit."

He went in another room and came back with a jug full of water. He looked into the eyes of the burglar and said, "Make ablution and perform two units of prayer, for if you do so, you will leave my home with a greater treasure than you had initially sought."
Humbled by Maalik's manners and words, the thief said, "Yes, that is a generous offer indeed."
After making ablution and performing two units of prayer, the burglar said, "O Maalik, would you mind if I stayed for a while, for I want to stay to perform two more units of prayer?"
Maalik said, "Stay for whatever amount of prayer Allah decrees for you to perform now."
The thief ended up spending the entire night at Maalik's house. He continued to pray until morning. Then Maalik said, "Leave now and be good."
But instead of leaving, the thief said, "Would you mind if I stayed here with you today, for I have made an intention to fast?"
"Stay as long as you wish," Maalik said.
The burglar ended up staying for a number of days, praying during the late hours of each night and fasting in the day. When he finally decided to leave, the burglar said, "O Maalik, I have made a firm resolve to repent for my sins and for my former way of life."
Maalik said, "That is in the Hand of Allah."
The man did mend his ways and began to lead a life of righteousness and obedience to Allah. Later on, he came across another burglar who asked him, "Have you found your treasure yet?"
He replied, "My brother, what I found is Maalik Bin Dinar. I went to steal from him, but it was he who ended up stealing my heart. I have indeed repented to Allah, and I will remain at the door (of His Mercy and Forgiveness) until I achieve what his obedient, loving slaves have achieved."

Moral:This shows the true value of prayer and how it has a higher value then material worldly things.inshAllah

egyptballer
07-04-2009, 01:56 AM

Can I borrow $25

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/20...borrow-25.html

A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5-year old son waiting for him at the door.

SON: 'Daddy, may I ask you a question?

DAD: 'Yeah sure, what it is?' replied the man.

SON: 'Daddy, how much do you make an hour?'

DAD: 'That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?' the man said angrily.

SON: 'I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?

DAD: 'If you must know, I make $50 an hour.

SON: 'Oh,' the little boy replied, with his head down.

SON: 'Daddy, may I please borrow $25?' The father was furious, 'If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I don't work hard everyday for such childish frivolities. The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door. The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?

After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down , and started to think: Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $25.00 and he really didn't ask for money very often The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.

'Are you asleep, son?'

He asked. 'No daddy, I'm awake,' replied the boy. 'I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier' said the man. 'It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the $25 you asked for.'

The little boy sat straight up, smiling. 'Oh, thank you daddy!' he yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills. The man saw that the boy already had money, started to get angry again. Th little boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his father.
'Why do you want more money if you already have some?' the father grumbled. 'Because I didn't have enough, but now I do,' the little boy replied. 'Daddy, I have $50 now.

Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow.

I would like to have dinner with you.' The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little son, and he begged for his forgiveness. It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts. Do remember to share that $50 worth of your time with someone you love. If we di tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of hours. But the family & friends we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives.

Moral:We should spend more time with our family.We should spend some time with our siblings and parents.Support them when they need help.Even having dinner time with your family members lets you connect with them. inshAllah

egyptballer
07-04-2009, 06:53 PM

Don't Hope...Decide

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/20...opedecide.html

While waiting to pick up a friend at the airport in Cochin, India, I had one of those life-changing experiences that you hear other people talk about — the kind that sneaks up on you unexpectedly. This one occurred a mere two feet away from me.
Straining to locate my friend among the passengers deplaning through the jet way, I noticed a man coming toward me carrying light bag. He stopped right next to me to greet his family.
First he motioned to his youngest son (maybe six years old) as he laid down his bags. They gave each other a long, loving hug. As they separated enough to look in each other’s face, I heard the father say, “It’s so good to see you, son. I missed you so much!” His son smiled somewhat shyly, averted his eyes and replied softly, “Me, too, Dad!”
Then the man stood up, gazed in the eyes of his oldest son (maybe nine or ten) and while cupping his son’s face in his hands said, “You’re already quite the young man. I love you very much, Zach!” They too hugged a most loving, tender hug.
While this was happening, a baby girl (perhaps one or one-and-a-half) was squirming excitedly in her mother’s arms, never once taking her little eyes off the wonderful sight of her returning father. The man said, “Hi, baby girl!” as he gently took the child from her mother. He quickly kissed her face all over and then held her close to his chest while rocking her from side to side. The little girl instantly relaxed and simply laid her head on his shoulder, motionless in pure contentment.
After several moments, he handed his daughter to his oldest son and declared, “I’ve saved the best for last!” and proceeded to give his wife the longest, most passionate kiss I ever remember seeing. He gazed into her eyes for several seconds and then silently mouthed. “I love you so much!” They stared at each other’s eyes, beaming big smiles at one another, while holding both hands.
For an instant they reminded me of newlyweds, but I knew by the age of their kids that they couldn’t possibly be. I puzzled about it for a moment then realized how totally engrossed I was in the wonderful display of unconditional love not more than an arm’s length away from me. I suddenly felt uncomfortable, as if I was invading something sacred, but was amazed to hear my own voice nervously ask, “Wow! How long have you two been married?
“Been together fourteen years total, married twelve of those.” he replied, without breaking his gaze from his lovely wife’s face. “Well then, how long have you been away?” I asked. The man finally turned and looked at me, still beaming his joyous smile. “Two whole days!”
Two days? I was stunned. By the intensity of the greeting, I had assumed he’d been gone for at least several weeks - if not months. I know my expression betrayed me.
I said almost offhandedly, hoping to end my intrusion with some semblance of grace (and to get back to searching for my friend), “I hope my marriage is still that passionate after twelve years!”
The man suddenly stopped smiling.
He looked me straight in the eye, and with forcefulness that burned right into my soul, he told me something that left me a different person. He told me, “Don’t hope, friend… decide!” Then he flashed me his wonderful smile again, shook my hand and said, “God bless!”

Moral:Another story about the importance of connecting with family.There is also a deeper meaning that is to take action instead of wishing.May Allah swt help us in taking action for our dreams. inshAllah

egyptballer
07-05-2009, 03:51 PM

Simple Words

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/20...ging-life.html

THE Sheikh (Ahmad Al-Zayaat) was a teacher, who did not know anything about the world except the Azhar University where he used to teach, the house he used to live in, and the road between them.
As years passed by, he got old, and his health deteriorated. The doctor advised him to take rest and visit the natural parks next to river Nile.
The Sheikh went out and stopped a carriage (as cars were not that available at the time). He told the driver: "My son, take me to a nice place were I can enjoy the view and relax." The driver, however, was wicked, and took him to an area of prostitutes. When he reached, the Sheikh said, "O son, Maghrib prayer is drawing near, where can I pray? Take me first to the Masjid."
The driver (pointing to one of those houses) said, "The Masjid is over there." The door was open, and the lady was sitting, in the manner those like her usually sit.
When the Sheikh saw her, he lowered his gaze. He saw a seat, so he headed there and sat, waiting for the Adhan.
(The woman in confusion, just) stared at him.
What brought that man here?
He didn't look like any of her regular customers. She kept thinking to herself, but did not dare ask him what he was doing here. What kept her from asking was the shyness that remained in her heart, even as a prostitute. This shyness appears only in front of pious people.
The Sheikh was doing Tasbeeh, looking at his watch now and then, until he heard the Adhan from a distant place.
He asked her: "Where is the Mu'ezzin (one who calls for the prayer)?
Why didn't he call for prayer here? Are you his daughter?"
She kept silent.
He waited for a while, and then said: "My daughter, Maghrib time is short, and it is not permissible to delay it, and I do not see anyone here, so if you have your Wudhu (ablution) then pray behind me Jama'ah."
He gave the call for prayer, and without looking at her, as he was about to give the Iqamah, he noticed stillness behind him?!
He asked: "What is wrong? Don't you have your Wudhu?"
All of a sudden, as if her Iman (Faith) woke up and she remembered the old days. The days when she was filled with purity, and was away from sin, she started to cry loudly, and threw herself at his feet.
The Sheikh, surprised, did not know in what way he can calm her. She, then, started narrating her story. He saw in her words great regret, and felt the truth in her repentance. He said: "Listen, my daughter, to what the Lord of all creation says:
Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the Mercy of Allah. Indeed Allah forgives all sins." (Qur'an, 39:53).
"All sins, my daughter, all sins! "The door of repentance is open to every sinner and it is so wide that it can encompass them all no matter how heavy their load (of sins) is, even Kufr.
So whoever disbelieves in the All-Mighty, after he was a believer, but repents before the hour of his death comes, and he was sincere in his repentance, and he renewed his Islam, Allah will accept him.
Allah, my dear daughter, is the most Generous of all. Did you ever hear of anyone generous shutting the door in the face of those who come seeking him?
"Stand up and go wash yourself, and cover yourself. Go and clean your skin with water and your heart with repentance and regret. Approach your Lord, and I will wait for you. But do not delay, so that we do not miss Maghrib prayer." She did as he asked, and returned to him with a new dress and a new heart. She stood behind him and prayed. She felt and tasted the sweetness of that prayer, and felt that this prayer purified her heart.
The Sheikh then took her to a house of righteous ladies, and then found her a righteous husband and advised him to take good care of her. The writer in the Arabic forum said: Notice the state of this woman, how she was and how she changed. It was nothing more than simple words from an old man that led her into changing her life.

COMPILED BY: ABU AMMAR

Moral:If an old man can change a life with some simple words then imagine the potential we have.Imagine what some simple actions can do to impact someones life.We also must remember that Allah(swt) is AL-GAFFÂR which means he is the forgiver.We should constantly seek repentance from Him. inshAllah

egyptballer
07-06-2009, 11:49 PM

Words and Actions

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/20...d-be-same.html

There once was a boy who loved eating sweets. He always asked for sweets from his father. His father was a poor man. He could not always afford sweets for his son. But the little boy did not understand this, and demanded sweets all the time.

The boy's father thought hard about how to stop the child asking for so many sweets. There was a very holy man living nearby at that time. The boy's father had an idea. He decided to take the boy to the great man who might be able to persuade the child to stop asking for sweets all the time.The boy and his father went along to the great man. The father said to him, "O great saint, could you ask my son to stop asking for sweets which I cannot afford?" The great man was in difficulty, because he liked sweets himself. How could he ask the boy to give up asking for sweets? !

The holy man told the father to bring his son back after one month.During that month, the holy man gave up eating sweets, and when the boy and his father returned after a month, the holy man said to the boy "My dear child, will you stop asking for sweets which your father cannot afford to give you?"From then on, the boy stopped asking for sweets.The boy's father asked the saint, "Why did you not ask my son to give up asking for sweets when we came to you a month ago?" The saint replied, "How could I ask a boy to give up sweets when I loved sweets myself. In the last month I gave up eating sweets."A person's example is much more powerful than just his words. When we ask someone to do something, we must do it ourselves also. We should not ask others to do what we do not do ourselves.

Moral: It is like the old saying,"Actions speak louder then words."We should set an example so others can follow.Just telling someone to do something without following it up yourself won't do much good.So remember to set a good example with your actions. inshAllah

egyptballer
07-09-2009, 01:43 AM

Belief

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/2009/03/belief.html

In a Land Called "Bohami "located in Afghanistan there extended period of years when the region was facing deficiency in its water supply.all the people gathered at house of Mufthi,and they decided to pray for rain.(Salat ul Isthisqah).

the next day all the people gathered in a ground to perform the prayer, they saw an old man coming with an umbrella.people laughed at him and asked "Are you out of your mind?!why do you bring an umbrella in this ground??!! we gathered only for praying for rain.!!

the old man replied with a sweet smile and crowd was looking to him"You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them,If you doubt yourself, then indeed you stand on shaky ground". we have gathered here to pray for rain only. I belief in Allah and I have confidence Allah will hear our dua's and give rain today itself.so that I brought an umbrella with me.

prayer finished rain started slowly after an hour,crowds understand how strong belief of an old man.the man walk alone with an umbrella...

Moral:We must put all of our trust with Allah swt.Especially when we are faced with a trial or tribulation we must continue placing our trust with Allah swt.

"If you put your whole trust in Allah, as you ought, He most certainly will satisfy your needs, as He satisfies those of the birds. They come out hungry in the morning, but return full to their nests." (Tirmidhi)

egyptballer
07-09-2009, 01:44 AM
Assalaamu `alaykum wa Rahmatullahi Wabarakatuh brothers and sisters,this story really opened my eyes and inshAllah it will benefit you too.I also didn't right the moral for this story.^

Human Brain

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/20...-our-life.html

There was a blind girl who hated herself because she was blind , She hated everyone , except her loving boyfriend , He was always there for her , She told her boyfriend , ( If I could only see the world , I will marry you )

One day , someone donated a pair of eyes to her , When the bandages came off , she was able to see everything , including her boyfriend.

He asked her : (Now that you can see the world , will you marry me ?) The girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind too , The sight of his closed eyelids shocked her , She hadn't expected that , The thought of looking at them the rest of her life , led her to refuse to marry him.

Her boyfriend left in tears , Days later wrote a note to her saying : ( Take good care of your eyes , my dear , for before they were yours , they were mine )

[T]his is how the human brain often works , when our status changes ,Only a very few remember what life was like before , and who was always by their side in the most painful situation.

Life Is a Gift of GOD keep some positive thoughts in your mind...

^Moral:Today before you say an unkind word - Think of someone who can't speak.

Before you complain about the taste of your food - Think of someone who has nothing to eat.

Before you complain about your husband or wife - Think of someone who's crying out to GOD for a companion. --

Today before you complain about life - Think of someone who went too early to heaven.

Before whining about the distance you drive Think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet.
And when you are tired and complain about your job - Think of the unemployed, the disabled, and those who wish they had your job.

And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down - Put a smile on your face and think: you're alive and thank GOD. ...[inshAllah]

egyptballer
07-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Remember who Serve

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/20...who-serve.html

In the days when an ice cream sundae cost much less, a 10 year-old boy entered a hotel coffee shop and sat at a table. A waitress put a glass of water in front of him. “How much is an ice cream sundae?” he asked. “50¢,” replied the waitress.

The little boy pulled his hand out of his pocket and studied the coins in it.
“Well, how much is a plain dish of ice cream?” he inquired. By now more people were waiting for a table and the waitress was growing impatient. “35¢!” she brusquely replied.

The little boy again counted his coins. “I’ll have the plain ice cream,” he said. The waitress brought the ice cream, put the bill on the table and walked away. The boy finished the ice cream, paid the cashier and left.

When the waitress came back, she began to cry as she wiped down the table. There, placed neatly beside the empty dish, were two nickels and five pennies. You see, he couldn’t have the sundae, because he had to have enough left to leave her a tip.

Moral:One of the points we can derive from this story is that we may get frustrated at someone for any reason.Then once we start understanding their perception we may easily understand why they did that actions.It can be summed up by saying "Don't judge someone else you walked in their shoes."insh'Allah

- IqRa -
07-10-2009, 11:32 AM
SubhanAllah...Jazak Allah Khayr brother, most of your stories bought tears to my eyes :cry:

May Allah reward you with Jannat Ul Firdous for posting such beautiful reminders, Ameen.

egyptballer
07-12-2009, 02:48 AM

A Mistake's Worth in Gold

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/20....html#comments

From the Original Arabic Piece by Adel bin Muhammad al-Abdul 'Aalee
Translated by Abu Dujanah

One of the Salaf entered a field, hungry and tired, so he wanted to eat, and his stomach was 'rumbling'. He saw an apple tree, and picked an apple to eat. He ate half of it under the protection of Allah, then he drank from the river near the field. After that, he suddenly realised that he was not aware of what he did due to his hunger, and thought to himself: Woe to you! How can you eat someone else's provision without permission. In remorse he was determined not to leave the place until he found the owner of the garden, and confess to him that he had eaten his provision without his permission. He looked around and saw a house and went up to the door and knocked on it.
The owner came out and asked him what he wanted.

The Salaf said: "I was hungry and entered your garden and took this apple and ate half of it, then I remembered it was not mine, and I came to beg you to forgive me for this mistake."
The man replied, "I will not forgive you except on one condition?"
So the Salaf asked (and he is Thaabit bin Nu'maan), "What is your condition?"
The owner of the garden said: "I want you to marry my daughter."
The honourable Salaf without hesitation said: "yes, I will marry her". The father of the girl then said: "I want you to know that my daughter is blind and cannot see, dumb and cannot speak, deaf and cannot hear."

The revelation shocked Thaabit bin Nu'maan and thoughts flashed through his mind - what a disaster - what's he going to do? Then he remembered that the trials and tribulation he has to endure by accepting this woman as his wife, and taking care of her and serving her is better for him than to eat the food (sadeed) of hellfire due to the fact that he had eaten the apple without permission. He also realised that if he did not make amends, his days in the dunya are numbered. So he promised to marry the girl, and prayed for forgiveness and reward from Allah, the Lord of the Worlds.

The day of marriage came, and the man was nervous and very worried: "How will I enter upon a woman who does not speak, see, or hear?!" What a dilemma, and he wished the earth would swallow him before that happened (i.e. going the wedding ceremony), but he remembered Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala and said: "Laa Hawla wa laa quwata illa billah, wa inna lilah wa inna ilayhi raji'oon." He went off to the wedding ceremony and when he arrived, his future bride stood up and greeted him, saying, "Assalamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu."

When he saw her, it took his breath away and remembered what he had imagined of the hoor il-'ayn in paradise. Gaining his composure, he blurted out: "What is this? So you speak, see, and hear." Thaabit bin Nu'maan then informed her what her father had to told him.

She gave him the most beautiful smile and said: "My father spoke the truth and he didn't lie."

"But why did he tell me things about you which are untrue?
She replied, "My father said I am dumb, because I have never said a word which displeases Allah, nor have I ever spoken to a man whom it is not permissable to speak to. [He said] I am deaf, because I have never sat it in a place where malicious backbiting, gossip or tale-telling takes place. [He said] I am blind because I have never looked at a man who was not permissable for me to look."

So ponder how Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala united this pious woman to this pious man.!!

Moral:This pious man had enough patience and trust in Allah swt to marry a blind,deaf,dumb girl.His patience paid off in this life and he got to marry a beautiful pious girl.Place your trust in Allah swt and their will be great reward in it .insh'Allah

egyptballer
07-12-2009, 02:50 AM

Gold of a Miser

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/20...-of-miser.html

A miser sold all that he had and bought a lump of gold, which he buried in a hole in the ground by the side of an old wall and went to look at daily.

One of his workmen observed his frequent visits to the spot and decided to watch his movements. He soon discovered the secret of the hidden treasure, and digging down, came to the lump of gold, and stole it. The Miser, on his next visit, found the hole empty and began to tear his hair and to make loud lamentations. A neighbor, seeing him overcome with grief and learning the cause, said, "Pray do not grieve so; but go and take a stone, and place it in the hole, and fancy that the gold is still lying there. It will do you quite the same service; for when the gold was there, you had it not, as you did not make the slightest use of it.this is the true for many of us ,some of us have wealth,some of us have knowledge .if we keep it without using it, we are also same like miser.
‘Abd Allah Ibn Mas’ud (SAAW) said, the Messenger of Allah (SAAW) said:“Let there be no envy, except in two things:1- A man whom Allah gave a wealth and guided him to spend it in righteous way.2- Or a man to whom Allah gave wisdom and he acts wisely and teaches it to others.”(Al-Bukhari and Muslim; See An-Nawawi, Riyad As-Salihin)

Moral:Many of us believe wealth is only money but in fact it is also knowledge.We must use our wealth in the way of Allah swt.Whether it is teach someone something or donating money to sadaqa it is imperative that we donate our wealth in the way of Allah swt.insh'Allah

egyptballer
07-17-2009, 12:57 AM

Don't Judge a Book By it's Cover

SOURCE:http://www.rafed.net/english/kids-la...not-judge.html

A lady in a faded gingham dress and her husband, dressed in a homespun threadbare suit, stepped off the train in Boston and walk timidly without an appointment into the Harvard University President’s outer office.

The secretary could tell in a moment that such backwoods, country hicks had no business at Harvard and probably didn’t even deserve to be in Cambridge.

“We want to see the president,” the man said softly.
“He’ll be busy all day,” the secretary snapped.
“We’ll wait,” the lady replied.
For hours the secretary ignored them, hoping that the couple would finally become discouraged and go away. They didn’t and the secretary grew frustrated and finally decided to disturb the president, even though it was a chore she always regretted.

“Maybe if you see them for a few minutes, they’ll leave,” she said to him.

He sighed in exasperation and nodded. Someone of his importance obviously didn’t have the time to spend with them, but he detested gingham dresses and homespun suits cluttering up his outer office.

The president, stern faced and with dignity, strutted toward the couple.
The lady told him, “We had a son who attended Harvard for one year. He loved Harvard. He was happy here. But about a year ago, he was accidentally killed. My husband and I would like to erect a memorial to him, somewhere on campus.”

The president wasn’t touched.... He was shocked.

“Madam,” he said, gruffly, “we can’t put up a statue for every person who attended Harvard and died. If we did, this place would look like a cemetery.”
“Oh, no,” the lady explained quickly. “We don’t want to erect a statue. We thought we would like to give a building to Harvard.”

The president rolled his eyes. He glanced at the gingham dress and homespun suit, and then exclaimed, “A building! Do you have any earthly idea how much a building costs? We have over seven and a half million dollars in the physical buildings here at Harvard.”
For a moment the lady was silent.
The president was pleased. Maybe he could get rid of them now.
The lady turned to her husband and said quietly, “Is that all it costs to start a university? Why don’t we just start our own?”
Her husband nodded.
The president’s face wilted in confusion and bewilderment. Mr. and Mrs. Leland Stanford got up and walked away, traveling to Palo Alto, California where they established the University that bears their name, Stanford University, a memorial to a son that Harvard no longer cared about.
Moral:Our pride can lead us to misjudge the people around us. In the story the president as well as the secretary were ignorant towards the folks because he thought they were poor, based on their clothing. Therefore, however cliche it may sound, never judge a book by its cover.insh'Allah

egyptballer
07-17-2009, 12:59 AM

Don't Change the World

SOURCE:http://www.ezsoftech.com/ebooks/100MoralStories.pdf
(Page 4)

Once upon a time, there was a king who ruled a prosperous country. One day, he went for a trip to
some distant areas of his country. When he was back to his palace, he complained that his feet were
very painful, because it was the first time that he went for such a long trip, and the road that he
went through was very rough and stony. He then ordered his people to cover every road of the
entire country with leather.
Definitely, this would need thousands of cows’ skin, and would cost a
huge amount of money.
Then one of his wise servants dared himself to tell the king, “Why do
you have to spend that unnecessary amount of money? Why don’t you
just cut a little piece of leather to cover your feet?”
The king was surprised, but he later agreed to his suggestion, to make
a “shoe” for himself.

Moral:There is actually a valuable lesson of life in this story: to make this world a happy
place to live, you better change yourself - your heart; and not the world.insh'Allah

egyptballer
07-17-2009, 12:59 AM

The Farmer and the Stork

(Page 5)

Finding that cranes were destroying his newly sown corn, a farmer
one evening set a net in his field to catch the destructive birds.
When he went to examine the net next morning he found
a number of cranes and also a stork.
“Release me, I beseech you,” cried the stork, “for I have eaten none of
your corn, nor have I done you any harm. I am a poor innocent stork,
as you may see - a most dutiful bird, I honor my father and mother.
I...”
But the farmer cut him short. “All this may be true enough, I dare say,
but I have caught you with those were destroying my crops, and you
must suffer with the company in which you are found.”

Moral:People can be judged by the company they keep.So we must be careful of who we are associated.insh'Allah

egyptballer
07-20-2009, 01:01 AM

The Ant and the Dove

(Page 6)

One hot day, an ant was searching for some water.
After walking around for some time, she came to a spring.
To reach the spring, she had to climb up a blade of grass.
While making her way up, she slipped and fell into the water.
She could have drowned if a dove up a nearby tree had not
seen her. Seeing that the ant was in trouble, the dove quickly
plucked off a leaf and dropped it into the water near the
struggling ant. The ant moved towards the leaf and
climbed up there. Soon it carried her safely to dry ground.
Just at that time, a hunter nearby was throwing out his net
towards the dove, hoping to trap it.
Guessing what he was about to do, the ant quickly bit him on
the heel. Feeling the pain, the hunter dropped his net. The
dove was quick to fly away to safety.

Moral:When we help others we are actually helping ourselves.One good turn deserves another.insh'Allah

egyptballer
07-20-2009, 01:02 AM

The Monkey and the Dolphin

(Page 7)

One day long ago, some sailors set out to sea in their sailing ship. One of
them brought his pet monkey along for the long journey.
When they were far out at sea, a terrible storm overturned their ship.
Everyone fell into the sea, and the monkey was sure that he would drown.
Suddenly a dolphin appeared and picked him up.
They soon reached the island and the monkey came down from the
dolphin’s back. The dolphin asked the monkey, “Do you know this place?”
The monkey replied, “Yes, I do. In fact, the king of the island is my best
friend. Do you know that I am actually a prince?”
Knowing that no one lived on the island, the dolphin said, “Well, well, so
you are a prince! Now you can be a king!”
The monkey asked, “How can I be a king?”
As the dolphin started swimming away, he answered, “That is easy. As you are the only creature on
this island, you will naturally be the king!”

Moral:Those who lie and boast may end up in trouble.So let us try to limit our lies and constantly tell the truth.insh'Allah

egyptballer
07-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Assalaamu `alaykum wa Rahmatullahi Wabarakatuh brothers and sisters,please sign this petition to support a close friend of mine to get a laptop!!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/PleaseAmmu/

Special Olympics

(Page 13)

A few years ago, at the Seattle Special Olympics, nine contestants, all physically or
mentally disabled, assembled at the starting line for the 100-yard dash.
At the gun, they all started out, not exactly in a dash, but with a relish to run the
race to the finish and win. All, that is, except one little boy who stumbled on the
asphalt, tumbled over a couple of times, and began to cry. The other eight heard the boy cry. They
slowed down and looked back. Then they all turned around and went back.....every one of them.
One girl with Down’s syndrome bent down and kissed him and said, “This will make it better.”
Then all nine linked arms and walked together to the finish line. Everyone in the stadium stood,
and the cheering went on for several minutes. People who were there are still telling the story.

Moral: Why? Because deep down we know this one thing: What matters in this life is more
than winning for ourselves. What matters in this life is helping others win, even if it
means slowing down and changing our course.insh'Allah

egyptballer
07-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Assalaamu `alaykum wa Rahmatullahi Wabarakatuh brothers and sisters,please sign this petition to support a close friend of mine to get a laptop!!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/PleaseAmmu/

Football Team

(Page 18)

A teenager lived alone with his father, and the two of them had a very special relationship. The
father believed in encouragement. Even though the son was always on the bench, his father was
always in the stands cheering. He never missed a game.

This young man was the smallest of the class when he entered high school. His father continued to
encourage him but also made it very clear that he did not have to play football if he didn’t want to.
But the young man loved football and decided to hang in there. He was determined to try his best
at every practice, and perhaps he’d get to play when he became a senior. All through high school he
never missed a practice or a game, but remained a bench warmer all four years. His faithful father
was always in the stands, always with words of encouragement for him. When the young man went
to college, he decided to try out for the football team as a “walk-on.”

Everyone was sure he could never make the cut, but he did. The coach admitted that he kept him
on the roster because he always puts his heart and soul to every practice, and at the same time,
provided the other members with the spirit and hustle they badly needed. The news that he had
survived the cut thrilled him so much that he rushed to the nearest phone and called his father.
His father shared his excitement and was sent season tickets for all the college games. This
persistent young athlete never missed practice during his four years at college, but he never got to
play in the game.

It was the end of his senior football season, and as he trotted onto the practice field shortly before
the big play off game, the coach met him with a telegram. The young man read the telegram and he
became deathly silent. Swallowing hard, he mumbled to the coach, “My father died this morning.
Is it all right if I miss practice today?”

The coach put his arm gently around his shoulder and said, “Take the rest of the week off, son.
And don’t even plan to come back to the game on Saturday.” Saturday arrived, and the game was
not going well.

In the third quarter, when the team was ten points behind, a silent young man quietly slipped into
the empty locker room and put on his football gear. As he ran onto the sidelines, the coach and his
players were astounded to see their faithful team-mate back so soon.
“Coach, please let me play. I’ve just got to play today,” said the young man.
The coach pretended not to hear him. There was no way he wanted his worst player in this close
playoff game. But the young man persisted, and finally feeling sorry for the kid, the coach gave in.
“All right,” he said. “You can go in.” Before long, the coach, the players and everyone in the stands
could not believe their eyes. This little unknown, who had never played before, was doing
everything right. The opposing team could not stop him. He ran, he passed, blocked and tackled
like a star. His team began to triumph.

The score was soon tied. In the closing seconds of the game, this kid intercepted a pass and ran all
the way for the winning touchdown. The fans broke loose. His team-mates hoisted him onto their
shoulders. Such cheering you’ve never heard!
Finally, after the stands had emptied and the team had
showered and left the locker room, the coach noticed
that the young man was sitting quietly in the corner all
alone. The coach came to him and said, “Kid, I can’t
believe it. You were fantastic!”

Tell me what got into you? How did you do it? He
looked at the coach, with tears in his eyes, and said,
“Well, you knew my dad died, but did you know that my
dad was blind?” The young man swallowed hard and
forced a smile, “Dad came to all my games, but today
was the first time he could see me play, and I wanted to
show him I could do it!”

Moral:This inspirational story shows that it requires patience and dedication to be successful.My basketball coach once said that if you don't have skill in a sport, hard work is a great substitute.Can we place this patience and dedication in something far more important?Are we able to do this in our deen(religion)?

- IqRa -
07-22-2009, 09:27 AM
Wow SubhaanAllaah... more heartwarming stories brother, Jazak Allaah Khayr...

egyptballer
07-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Wa Iyaak,I will continue to post them inshAllah.

If you would like these stories emailed to you daily or ever two days please email me at:

egyptan1ball3r@hotmail.com

egyptballer
07-22-2009, 06:43 PM

Japanese Judo

(Page 23)

Sometimes your biggest weakness can become your biggest strength. Take, for example, the story of
one 10-year-old boy who decided to study Judo despite the fact that he
had lost his left arm in a devastating car accident.

The boy began lessons with an old Japanese Judo Master Sensei.
The boy was doing well, so he couldn’t understand why, after three
months of training the master had taught him only one move.
“Sensei,” the boy finally said, “Shouldn’t I be learning more moves?”

“This is the only move you know, but this is the only move you’ll ever need to know,”
the Sensei replied.
Not quite understanding, but believing in his teacher, the boy kept training.
Several months later, the Sensei took the boy to his first tournament. Surprising himself, the boy
easily won his first two matches. The third match proved to be more difficult, but after some time,
his opponent became impatient and charged; the boy deftly used his one move to win the match.
Still amazed by his success, the boy was now in the finals.

This time, his opponent was bigger, stronger, and more experienced. For a while, the boy appeared
to be overmatched. Concerned that the boy might get hurt, the referee called a time-out.
He was about to stop the match when the sensei intervened.
“No,” the Sensei insisted, “Let him continue.”

Soon after the match resumed, his opponent made a critical mistake: he dropped his guard.
Instantly, the boy used his move to pin him. The boy had won the match and the tournament.
He was the champion.
On the way home, the boy and Sensei reviewed every move in each and every match.
Then the boy summoned the courage to ask what was really on his mind.
“Sensei, how did I win the tournament with only one move?”
“You won for two reasons,” the Sensei answered. “First, you’ve almost mastered one of the most
difficult throws in all of Judo. And second, the only known defense for that move is for your
opponent to grab your left arm.”

Moral: The boy’s biggest weakness had become his biggest strength.What we consider a weakness maybe something that will benefit us in a way in the future.inshAllah

- IqRa -
07-23-2009, 08:29 AM
Wow...InshaAllaah...

egyptballer
07-23-2009, 09:33 PM

Just Push

(Page 24)

A man was sleeping at night in his cabin when suddenly his room filled with light, and the Lord
told the man he had work for him to do, and showed him a large rock in front of his cabin.
The Lord explained that the man was to push against the rock with all his might. So, this the man
did, day after day. For many years he toiled from sun up to
sun down; his shoulders set squarely against the cold,
massive surface of the unmoving rock, pushing with all of
his might. Each night the man returned to his cabin sore and
worn out, feeling that his whole day had been spent in vain.
Since the man was showing discouragement, the Adversary
(Satan) decided to enter the picture by placing thoughts into
the weary mind: “you have been pushing against that rock for
a long time, and it hasn’t moved.” Thus, giving the man the
impression that the task was impossible and that he was a
failure. These thoughts discouraged and disheartened the
man. Satan said, “Why kill yourself over this?”

“Just put in your time, giving just the minimum effort; and that will be good enough.”
That’s what he planned to do, but decided to make it a matter of prayer and take his troubled
thoughts to the Lord. “Lord,” he said, “I have labored long and hard in your service, putting all my
strength to do that which you have asked. Yet, after all this time, I have not even budged that rock
by half a millimeter. What is wrong? Why am I failing?”

The Lord responded compassionately, “My Servant, when I asked you to serve Me and you
accepted, I told you that your task was to push against the rock with all of your strength, which you
have done. Never once did I mention to you that I expected you to move it. Your task was to push.
And now you come to Me with your strength spent, thinking that you have failed. But, is that really
so? Look at yourself. Your arms are strong and muscled, your back sinewy and brown, your hands
are callused from constant pressure, your legs have become massive and hard.
Through opposition you have grown much, and your abilities now surpass that which you used to
have. Yet you haven’t moved the rock. But your calling was to be obedient and to push and to
exercise your faith and trust in My wisdom. This you have done. Now I, my servant, will move the
rock.”

P + U + S + H = Pray + Until + Something + Happens
Moral: At times, when we hear a word from God, we tend to use our own intellect to decipher what
He wants, when actually what God wants is just a simple obedience and faith in Him. By all means,
exercise the faith that moves mountains, but know that it is still God who moves mountains.
When everything seems to go wrong .................................. just P.U.S.H!
When the job gets you down ............................................... just P.U.S.H!
When people don’t react the way you think they should ... just P.U.S.H!
When your money is “gone” and the bills are due ............. just P.U.S.H!
When people just don’t understand you ............................ just P.U.S.H!.inshAllah

egyptballer
07-24-2009, 07:27 PM

Determination

(Page 26)

In 1883, a creative engineer named John Roebling was inspired by an idea to build a spectacular
bridge connecting New York with the Long Island. However bridge building experts throughout the
world thought that this was an impossible feat and told Roebling to forget the idea. It just could not
be done. It was not practical. It had never been done before.
Roebling could not ignore the vision he had in his mind of this bridge. He thought about it all the
time and he knew deep in his heart that it could be done. He just had to share the dream with
someone else. After much discussion and persuasion he managed to convince his son Washington,
an up and coming engineer, that the bridge in fact could be built.
Working together for the first time, the father and son developed concepts of how it could be
accomplished and how the obstacles could be overcome. With great excitement and inspiration,
and the headiness of a wild challenge before them, they hired their crew and began to build their
dream bridge.

The project started well, but when it was only a few months underway a tragic accident on the site
took the life of John Roebling. Washington was injured and left with a certain amount of brain
damage, which resulted in him not being able to walk or talk or even move.
“We told them so.”
“Crazy men and their crazy dreams.”
“It’s foolish to chase wild visions.”
Everyone had a negative comment to make and felt that the project should be scrapped since the
Roeblings were the only ones who knew how the bridge could be built. In spite of his handicap
Washington was never discouraged and still had a burning desire to complete the bridge and his
mind was still as sharp as ever.

He tried to inspire and pass on his enthusiasm to some of his friends, but they were too daunted
by the task. As he lay on his bed in his hospital room, with the sunlight streaming through the
windows, a gentle breeze blew the flimsy white curtains apart and he was able to see the sky and
the tops of the trees outside for just a moment.

It seemed that there was a message for him not to give up. Suddenly an idea hit him. All he could
do was move one finger and he decided to make the best use of it. By moving this, he slowly
developed a code of communication with his wife.
He touched his wife’s arm with that finger, indicating to her that he wanted her to call the
engineers again. Then he used the same method of tapping her arm to tell the engineers what to do.
It seemed foolish but the project was under way again.

For 13 years Washington tapped out his instructions with his finger on his wife’s arm, until the
bridge was finally completed. Today the spectacular Brooklyn Bridge stands in all its glory as a
tribute to the triumph of one man’s indomitable spirit and his determination not to be defeated by
circumstances. It is also a tribute to the engineers and their team work, and to their faith in a man
who was considered mad by half the world. It stands too as a tangible monument to the love and
devotion of his wife who for 13 long years patiently decoded the messages of her husband and told
the engineers what to do.

Perhaps this is one of the best examples of a never-say-die attitude that overcomes a terrible
physical handicap and achieves an impossible goal.
Often when we face obstacles in our day-to-day life, our hurdles seem very small in comparison to
what many others have to face.
The Brooklyn Bridge shows us that
dreams that seem impossible can be
realized with determination and
persistence, no matter what the
odds are.

Moral:Even the most distant dream can be realized with determination and persistence.inshAllah

egyptballer
07-25-2009, 05:50 PM

One Eyed Doe

(Page 31)

A Doe had the misfortune to lose one of her eyes, and could not see any one
approaching her on that side. So to avoid any danger she always used to feed on
a high cliff near the sea, with her sound eye looking towards the land. By this
means she could see whenever the hunters approached her on land, and often
escaped by this means. But the hunters found out that she was blind of one eye,
and hiring a boat rowed under the cliff where she used to feed and shot her from
the sea. “Ah,” cried she with her dying voice.

Moral:We can take many precautions but in the end we can't escape our fate.inshAllah

egyptballer
07-26-2009, 08:27 PM

The Cage Bird's Escape

Once upon a time, there was a bird in a cage who sang for her merchant owner. He
took delight in her song day and night, and was so fond of her that he served her
water in a golden dish. Before he left for a business trip, he asked the bird if she had
a wish: “I will go through the forest where you were born, past the birds of your old
neighborhood. What message should I take for them?”
The bird said, “Tell them I sit full of sorrow in a cage singing my captive song. Day
and night, my heart is full of grief. I hope it will not be long before I see my friends
again and fly freely through the trees. Bring me a message from the lovely forest,
which will set my heart at ease. Oh, I yearn for my Beloved, to fly with him, and
spread my wings. Until then there is no joy for me, and I am cut off from all of life’s
sweet things.”
The merchant traveled on his donkey through the dense forest. He listened to the melodies of
many birds. When the merchant reached the forest where his bird came from, he stopped, pushed
his hood back, and said, “O you birds! Greetings to you all from my pretty bird locked in her cage.
She sends tidings of her love to you and wants to tell of her plight. She asks for a reply that will
ease her heart. My love for her keeps her captive with bars all around her. She wants to join her
Beloved and sing her songs through the air with a free heart, but I would miss her beautiful songs
and cannot let her go.”
All the birds listened to the merchant’s words. Suddenly one bird shrieked and fell from a tree
brunch to the ground. The merchant froze to the spot where he stood. Nothing could astound him
more than this did. One bird had fallen down dead!
The merchant continued on to the city and traded his goods. At last he returned to his home.
He did not know what to tell his bird when she asked what message he had brought. He stood
before her cage and said, “Oh, nothing to speak of no, no.” The bird cried, “I must know at once.”
I do not know what happened, said the merchant. “I told them your message. Then, one of them
fell down dead.” Suddenly the merchant’s bird let out a terrible shriek and fell on her head to the
bottom of the cage. The merchant was horrified. He wept in despair, “Oh, what have I done?”
He cried, “What Have I done? Now my life means nothing. My moon has gone and so has my sun.
Now my own bird is dead.”
He opened the cage door, reached in, and took her into his hands gently and carefully. “I will have
to bury her now,” he said; “poor thing is dead.”
Suddenly, the moment he had lifted the bird out of the cage, she swooped up, flew out of the
window and landed on the nearest roof slope. She turned to him and said, gratefully, “Thank you,
merchant master, for delivering my message. That bird’s reply instructed me how to win my
freedom. All I had to do was to be dead. I gained my freedom when I chose to die.”
“So now I fly to my Beloved who waits for me. Good-bye, good-bye, my master no longer.” “My bird
was wise; she taught me secret,” the merchant reflected.

Moral: If you want to be with the ones you love, you must be ready to give up everything,
even life itself. And then, by Allah swt, you will win your heart’s desire.inshAllah

- IqRa -
07-27-2009, 09:12 AM
Moral: If you want to be with the ones you love, you must be ready to give up everything, even life itself. And then, by Allah swt, you will win your heart’s desire.inshAllah
Truly said. When you love someone, you have to think about them, their needs, their desires and wishes, before you think about what you need, what you desire, what you want.

egyptballer
07-27-2009, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
Truly said. When you love someone, you have to think about them, their needs, their desires and wishes, before you think about what you need, what you desire, what you want.
Great moral analysis!

egyptballer
07-27-2009, 06:06 PM

The Clever Boy

(Page 34)

A man with his donkey carrying two sacks of wheat was on his way to
the market. After a little while he was tired and they rested under a tree.
When he woke up from his nap he could not see the donkey and started
searching for the donkey everywhere. On the way he met a boy, he
asked the boy, “Have you seen my donkey?” The boy asked, “Is the
donkey’s left eye blind, his right foot lame and is he carrying a load of
wheat?” The man was happy and said, “Yes, exactly! Where have you
seen it?” the boy answered “I haven’t seen it.” This made the man very
angry and he took the boy to the village chief for punishment.
The judge asked, “Dear boy, if you had not seen at the donkey, how
could you describe it?” The boy answered, “I saw the tracks of a donkey
and the right and left tracks were different from this I understood that
the donkey that passed there was limping. And the grass on the right
side of the road was eaten but the grass on the left was not. From that I
understood that his left eye was blind. There were wheat seeds scattered
on the ground and I understood that he must have been carrying a load of wheat. The judge
understood the boy’s cleverness and told the man to forgive the boy.

Moral:This story teaches us that we should not be quick to judge the people.inshAllah

egyptballer
07-28-2009, 06:44 PM

A Merchant and his Donkey

(Page 34)

One beautiful spring morning, a merchant loaded his donkey with
bags of salt to go to the market in order to sell them. The merchant
and his donkey were walking along together. They had not walked
far when they reached a river on the road.
Unfortunately, the donkey slipped and fell into the river and noticed
that the bags of salt loaded on his back became lighter.
There was nothing the merchant could do, except return home
where he loaded his donkey with more bags of salt. As they reached
the slippery riverbank, now deliberately, the donkey fell into the
river and wasted all the bags of salt on its back again.
The merchant quickly discovered the donkey’s trick. He then
returned home again but re-loaded his donkey with bags of sponges.
The foolish, tricky donkey again set on its way. On reaching the river he again fell into the water.
But instead of the load becoming lighter, it became heavier.

The merchant laughed at him and said: “You foolish donkey,
your trick had been discovered, you should know that,
those who are too clever sometimes over reach themselves.”
Moral:We must not act based on our perception of things.We should act based on the Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).inshAllah

- IqRa -
07-29-2009, 08:13 AM
Indeed... :-[

egyptballer
07-29-2009, 06:20 PM

Life in the Fast Lane

A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighborhood street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out from between parked cars and slowed down when he thought he saw something.

As his car passed, no children appeared. Instead, a brick smashed into the Jag's side door! He slammed on the brakes and spun the Jag back to the spot from where the brick had been thrown. He jumped out of the car, grabbed a kid and pushed him up against a parked car shouting, "What was that all about and who do you think you are? Just what the heck are you doing? Building up a head of steam he went on. "That's a new car and the repairs are going to cost a lot of money! Why did you do it?"

"Please, mister, please. I'm sorry, I didn't know what else to do," pleaded the youngster. "I threw the brick because no one else would stop...." tears were dripping down the boy's chin as he pointed around the parked car. "It's my brother," he said. "He rolled off the curb and fell out of his wheelchair and I can't lift him up." Sobbing, the boy asked the man, "Would you please help me get him back into his wheelchair? He's hurt and he's too heavy for me."

Moved beyond words, the driver tried to swallow the rapidly swelling lump in his throat. He lifted the young man back into the wheelchair and took out his handkerchief and wiped the scrapes and cuts, checking to see that everything was going to be okay.

"Thank you and May God bless you," the grateful child said to him. The man then watched the little boy push his brother down the sidewalk toward their home. It was a long walk back to his Jaguar, a long, slow walk. He never did repair the side door. He kept the dent to remind him not to go through life so fast that someone has to throw a brick at you to get your attention.

Moral:It's your choice: Listen to the whisper -- or wait for the brick.inshAllah

egyptballer
08-02-2009, 11:38 PM

The Hungry Fox
Source:http://www.ezsoftech.com/ebooks/100MoralStories.pdf
(Page 35)

Once upon a time, there was a hungry fox that was looking for something to ear. He was very

hungry. No matter how hard he tried, the fox could not find food. Finally he went to the edge of the

forest and searched there for food. Suddenly he caught sight of a big tree with a hole in it.

Inside the hole was a package. The hungry fox immediately thought that there might be food in it,

and he became very happy. He jumped into the hole and when he

opened the package, he saw there were a lot of food, bread, meat

and fruit in it!

An old woodcutter had placed the food in the tree trunk while he

cut down trees in the forest. He was going to eat it for his lunch.

The fox happily began to eat. After the fox had finished eating, he

felt thirsty and decided to leave the trunk and drink some water

from a nearby spring. However, no matter how hard he tried, he

could not get out of the hole. Do you know why? Yes, the fox had

eaten so much food that he became too big to fit through the hole.

The fox was very sad and upset. He told himself, “I wish that I had

thought a little before jumping into the hole.”

Moral:This is the result of doing something without thinking about it first.At times we do actions without thinking about the consequence to the actions.We should think before we act.inshAllah

egyptballer
08-02-2009, 11:38 PM

The Ant and the Grasshopper
(Page 35)

One cold, frosty day in the middle of winter a colony

of ants was busy drying out some, grains of corn, which

had grown damp during the wet autumn weather.

A grasshopper half dead with cold and hunger, came

up to one of the ants. “Please give me a grail or two

from your store of corn to save my life,” he said faintly.

“We worked day and night to get this corn in.

Why should I give it to you?” asked the ant crossly.

“Whatever were you doing all last summer when you

should have been gathering your food?”

Oh I didn’t have time for things like that, said the

grasshopper. “I was far too busy singing to carry corn about.”

The ant laughed I unkindly. “In that case you can sing all winter as far as I am concerned,” he said.

And without another word he turned back to his work.

Moral:Islam teaches us that we should help the less fortunate. But it also teaches us that we
must work hard and not rely on the kindness of others for our daily needs.inshAllah

egyptballer
08-02-2009, 11:40 PM

Cats and Roosters
(Page 36)

Once upon a time in Africa, roosters ruled cats. The cats worked

hard all day and at night they had to bring all they had gathered for

the roosters. The king of the roosters would take all the food for

himself and for the other roosters.

The roosters loved to eat ants. Thus, every cat had a purse hung

round its neck, which it filled with ants for the king of the roosters.

The cats did not like the situation. They wanted to rid themselves of

the king so that the food they gathered through hard work and great

difficulty would be their own. But they were afraid of the roosters.

The roosters had told the cats that rooster’s combs were made out of fire and that the fire of their

combs would burn anyone who disobeyed them! The cats believed them and therefore worked from

early morning until night for the roosters.

One night, the fire on the house of Mrs. Cat went out. She told her kitten, Fluffy, to bring some fire

from Mr. Rooster’s house. When Fluffy went into the house of the rooster, she saw that Mr. Rooster

was fast asleep, his stomach swollen with the ants he had eaten. The kitten was afraid to wake the

rooster, so she returned home empty handed and told her mother what had happened.

Mrs. Cat said, “Now that the rooster is asleep, gather some dry twigs and place them near his comb.

As soon as the twigs catch fire, bring them home.”

Fluffy gathered some dry twigs and took them to the rooster’s house. He was still asleep. Fluffy

fearfully put the dry twigs near the rooster’s comb but it was no use, the twigs did not catch fire.

Fluffy rubbed the twigs against the rooster’s comb again but it was no use they would not catch fire.

Fluffy returned home without any fire and told her mother, “The roost’s comb does not set twigs on

fire.” Mrs. Cat answered “Why can’t you do anything right! Come with me I’ll show you how to

make fire with the rooster’s comb.” So together they went to the house of Mr. Rooster.

He was still asleep. Mrs. Cat put the twigs as near to the rooster’s comb as she could. But the twigs

did not catch fire. Then, shaking with fear, she put her paw near the rooster’s comb and gently

touched it. To her surprise, the comb was not hot, it was very cold, and it was just red colored.

As soon as Mrs. Cat realized that the roosters had lied to the cats about their combs, she joyfully

went out and told the other cats about the rooster’s tricks. From that day on, the cats no longer

worked for the roosters.

At first, the king of the roosters became very angry and said to the cats; “I will burn all of your

houses if you do not work for me!”

But the cats said, “Your comb is not made of fire. It is just the color of fire.

We touched it when you were sleep. You lied to us.”

When the king of the roosters found out that the cats knew that he had

lied to them, he ran away. Now, whenever roosters see a cat,it is said they scurry

away, because to this very day they are afraid of cats.

Moral:We shouldn't trick people for we don't know what would happen if they found out.inshAllah

egyptballer
08-02-2009, 11:41 PM

The Red Rose
(Page 37)

One beautiful spring day a red rose blossomed in a forest. Many

kinds of trees and plants grew there. As the rose looked around,

a pine tree nearby said, “What a beautiful flower. I wish I was that

lovely.” Another tree said, “Dear pine, do not be sad, we can not

have everything.”

The rose turned its head and remarked, “It seems that I am the

most beautiful plant in this forest.” A sunflower raised its yellow

head and asked, “Why do you say that? In this forest there are

many beautiful plants. You are just one of them.” The red rose

replied, “I see everyone looking at me and admiring me.” Then

the rose looked at a cactus and said, “Look at that ugly plant full

of thorns!” The pine tree said, “Red rose, what kind of talk is this?

Who can say what beauty is? You have thorns too.”

The proud red rose looked angrily at the pine and said, “I thought

you had good taste! You do not know what beauty is at all. You can

not compare my thorns to that of the cactus.”

“What a proud flower”, thought the trees.

The rose tried to move its roots away from the cactus, but it could not move. As the days passed,

the red rose would look at the cactus and say insulting things, like: This plant is useless?

How sorry I am to be his neighbor.

The cactus never got upset and he even tried to advise the rose, saying,

“God did not create any form of life without a purpose.”

Spring passed, and the weather became very warm. Life became difficult in the forest, as the plants

and animals needed water and no rain fell. The red rose began to wilt. One day the rose saw

sparrows stick their beaks into the cactus and then fly away, refreshed. This was puzzling, and the

red rose asked the pine tree what the birds were doing. The pine tree explained that the birds got

water from the cactus. “Does it not hurt when they make holes?” asked the rose.

“Yes, but the cactus does not like to see any birds suffer,” replied the pine.

The rose opened its eyes in wonder and said, “The cactus has water?”

“Yes you can also drink from it. The sparrow can bring

water to you if you ask the cactus for help.”

The red rose felt too ashamed of its past words and

behavior to ask for water from the cactus, but then it

finally did ask the cactus for help. The cactus kindly

agreed and the birds filled their beaks with water and

watered the rose’s roots. Thus the rose learned a lesson

and never judged anyone by their appearance again.

Moral: Do not judge anyone by there looks.Rather judge them by their personalty.inshAllah

egyptballer
08-03-2009, 11:05 PM

Gandhi and the Old Woman
(Page 40)

Mahatma Gandhi went from city to city, village to village collecting funds for

the Charkha Sangh. During one of his tours he addressed a meeting in Orissa.

After his speech a poor old woman got up. She was bent with age, her hair

was grey and her clothes were in tatters. The volunteers tried to stop her,

but she fought her way to the place where Gandhi Ji was sitting.

“I must see him,” she insisted and going up to Gandhi Ji touched his feet.

Then from the folds of her sari she brought out a copper coin and placed it at his feet. Gandhi Ji

picked up the copper coin and put it away carefully. The Charkha Sangh funds were under the

charge of Jamnalal Bajaj. He asked Gandhi Ji for the coin but Gandhi Ji refused.

“I keep cheques worth thousands of rupees for the Charkha Sangh,” Jamnalal Bajaj said laughingly

“yet you won’t trust me with a copper coin.” “This copper coin is worth much more than those

thousands” Gandhi Ji said. “If a man has several lakhs and he gives away a thousand or two,

it doesn’t mean much.”

But this coin was perhaps all that the poor woman

possessed. She gave me all she had. That was very

generous of her. What a great sacrifice she made. That is

why I value this copper coin more than a crore of rupees.

Moral: Although the poor woman only donated one coin Gandhi treated it like it was a fortuned because it was proportionately a lot of money compared to the woman's riches.This takes extreme generosity to donate when you don't have much to donate.inshAllah

- IqRa -
08-04-2009, 09:22 AM
MashaAllaah nice. Keep posting InshaaAllaah...

egyptballer
08-04-2009, 09:48 PM

Hope and Greed
(Page 43)

Caliph Haroon Rashid desired that any one who had seen the Holy

Prophet (SAW) in his lifetime be brought before him. After some time

a very old woman was brought before the Caliph. The Caliph asked the

old woman, “Did you see the Prophet yourself?” She said, “Yes! Sir.”

The Caliph then asked her if she remembered any narration from him.

She said yes and said, “When old age comes two things become young,

one is hope and the other is greed.”

The Caliph thanked her and gave her

one hundred dinars. The woman thanked Caliph and she was taken back.

Half the way some thought passed through her mind and she desired

to be brought before the Caliph once more. When she was shown in, the

Caliph asked, “Well, why have you come back?” She said. “I just came to

inquire whether the monies you gave me were once for all or is it to continue every year?”

The Caliph thought. “How true is the Prophet’s (SAW) word?” she has hope of life even now and

she has greed for money too. The Caliph said, “Don’t worry; you will be paid every year.”

She was taken back but on the way she breathed her last.

egyptballer
08-06-2009, 06:05 PM

Signs of Happiness
(Page 43)

There was a young couple who led a very happy life together. The only thing that they worried about was, whether their happiness would last forever or would they too would have to face problems. One day, they heard that a wise old man had come to town; he could solve all kinds of problems and guide people. So the couple decided to visit the wise old man and tell him their source of worry.

The wise old man told them; “Travel around the world and seek a man and a woman who are perfectly happy as a couple. When you find such a couple, ask them for a piece of cloth from the man’s shirt, then keep that piece of cloth with you, and you always remain happy.” The young couple began their journey, to find the happiest couple in their world. In one place they heard that the governor and his wife were the happiest people, so they went to their palace and asked them, “Are you the happiest couple?” The governor and his wife replied, “Yes, we are happy in every way except for one thing;
we do not have any children.”

Well that didn’t make the governor and his wife the happiest couple. So they continued their journey. They arrived in one city where they had heard that the happiest couple lived. They went to their house and asked them, “Are you the happiest couple?” The couple replied, “Yes, we are really happy in every way except that we have too many children which make our life a bit uncomfortable.” No, this couple did not sound to be the happiest. And, so they continued their journey. They visited many countries, cities, towns and villages asking the same question but they did not find what they were looking for. One Day the young couple came across a shepherd in the desert. The shepherd was grazing his sheep when his wife and child came along. The shepherd greeted his wife and gently patted the child she was carrying. She laid the mat and started to eat contentedly.

The young couple came to them and asked them,“Are you the happiest couple?”The shepherd and his wife replied, “Nobody is unhappier than the king.” The young couple immediately realized that they were the happiest couple and asked them for a piece of the shepherd’s shirt, so that their happiness too would last throughout. The shepherd said, “If I give you a piece of cloth from my shirt then I will be left without any clothes since I own just one shirt.” The young couple at once understood that it is very difficult to find perfect happiness anywhere in the world. The couple decided to return to their own country.

They went to the wise old man and related all that had taken place. They also complained that his guidance was difficult to abide by.The wise old man laughed and said, “Was your journey useless or did you learn something from it?” The young man replied, “Yes, after this trip I have learnt that in this world, nobody is perfectly happy, only that person is happy who does everything to please God.”

Holy Quran (2:38) says:
“And whosever follows My (Allah’s) guidance, on them shall be no fear nor shall they grieve.”

The wife said, “I have learnt that in order to be happy it is important to remember two things; first, all human beings should be thankful and contented with whatever they have.”

Holy Quran (14:7) says:
“And your Lord declared publicly: if you are grateful, I will add more favors unto you.”

And secondly, for ultimate happiness one must always practice patience.

Holy Quran (2:45) says: “Seek help through patient perseverance and prayers.”

After that, young couple thanked the wise old man for his guidance and returned home. The wise man prayed for them and said, “Indeed the sign of happiness is in their heart and they have good manners and if the lifetime is spent in pleasure of God there would be no differences in the existence
of mankind.”

Moral: Holy Quran (20:123-124) says: “Whosoever follows My (Allah’s) guidance, will not loose his way or fall into misery But whosoever turns away from My message, verily for him is a miserable life.”

egyptballer
08-07-2009, 07:40 PM

The Crystal Ball
(Page 42)

In the south of Spain, there was a small village whose people were very joyful and lucky. The
children played under the shade of trees in the gardens of their home. A shepherd boy whose name
was Nasir, stayed near the village with his father, mother and grandmother. Early morning each
day, he takes his herd of goats up the hills to find a suitable place for them to graze. In the
afternoon he would return with them to the village. At night his grandmother would tell him a
story. The story of stars. This story really interested Nasir.

As usual, on one of these days, as Nasir
was watching his herd the suddenly saw a wonderful light behind the flower
bush. When he came towards the branches he saw a transparent and most beautiful crystal ball.
The crystal ball was glittering like a colorful rainbow. Nasir carefully took it in
his hand and turned it around. With surprise suddenly he heard a weak voice
coming from the crystal ball. It said; “You can make a wish that your heart
desires and I will fulfill it.” Nasir could not believe that he had actually heard
a voice. But he became so engrossed in his thoughts for he had so many
wishes but he must wish for something which was impossible like the wish to
be able to fly. He said to himself, if I wait till tomorrow I will remember many
things. He put the crystal ball in a bag and gathered the herd, happily returned back
to the village. He decided that he would not tell anyone about the crystal ball. On the following day
also, Nasir could not decide what to wish for, because he really had everything he needed.
The days passed as usual, and Nasir appeared to be very cheerful that the people around him were
amazed to see his cheerful disposition. One day a boy followed Nasir and his herd and hid behind
a tree. Nasir as usual sat in one corner, took out the crystal ball and for a few moments looked at it.
The boy waited for the moment when Nasir would go to sleep. Then he took the crystal ball and ran
away. When he arrived in the village, he called all the people and showed them the crystal ball.
The citizens of that village took the crystal ball in their hand and turned it around with surprise.
Suddenly they heard a voice from inside the crystal ball, which says, “I can fulfill your wish.”
One person took the ball and screamed, “I want one bag full of gold.” Another took the ball and
said loudly, “I want two chest full of jewelry.”

Some of them wished that they would have their own palace with grand door made from pure gold
instead of their old houses. Some also wished for bags full of jewelry, but nobody asked for gardens
in their palaces. All their wishes were fulfilled but still the citizens of the village were not happy.
They were jealous because the person that had a palace had no gold and the person that had the
gold had no palace. For this reason, the citizens of the village were angry and were not speaking to
each other. There was not even one garden which existed in the village where the children could
play. The patience of the children was running out and they were uncomfortable. Nasir and his
family were happy and pleased. Every morning and afternoon he would watch his herd.
The children could not wait anymore and decided to return the crystal ball to Nasir. The parents
and neighbors went to him. The children said to Nasir; “When we had a small village we all were
happy and joyful.” The parent also spoke. In one way or another nobody is happy. The expensive
palaces and jewelry only bring us pain. When Nasir saw that the people were really regretful, he
said I have not wished till now, if you really want everything to return to its own place, then I will
wish for it. Everyone happily agreed. Nasir took the crystal ball in his hand turned around and
wished that the village become the same as it was before. Everyone quickly turned towards the
village and saw it became the same old village with gardens full of trees and fruits.

Once again the people started to live happily and the children played under the shade of trees.
From the next day and everyday at sunset the sound of laughter could be heard in the village.

Moral:When the villagers received their wish they became angry and greedy but when it returned back to normal they were happy with what they had. This teaches us that we should be happy with whatever we have and not to be greedy.insh'Allah

egyptballer
08-07-2009, 07:42 PM

Four Wives
(Page 45)

Once upon a time. There was a rich merchant who had 4 wives. He loved the 4th wife the most and
adorned her with rich robes and treated her to delicacies. He took great care of her & gave her
nothing but the best.

He also loved the 3rd wife very much. He’s very proud of her and always wanted to show off her to
his friends. However, the merchant is always in fear that she might run away with some other men.
He too, loved his 2nd wife. She is a very considerate person, always patient & in fact is the
merchant’s confidante. Whenever the merchant faced some problems, he always turned to his
2nd wife and she would always help him out and tide him through difficult times.
Now, the merchant’s 1st wife is a very loyal partner and has made great contributions in
maintaining his wealth and business as well as taking care of the household. However, the
merchant did not love the 1st wife and although she loved him deeply, he hardly took notice of her.
One day, the merchant fell ill. Before long, he knew that he was going to die soon. He thought of
his luxurious life and told himself, “Now I have 4 wives with me. But when I die, I’ll be alone. How
lonely I’ll be!” Thus, he asked the 4th wife, “I loved you most, endowed you with the finest clothing
and showered great care over you. Now that I’m dying, will you follow me and keep me company?”

“No way!” replied the 4th wife and she walked away without another
word. Answer cut like a sharp knife right into the merchant’s heart.
The sad merchant then asked the 3rd wife, “I have loved you so much
for all my life. Now that I’m dying, will you follow me and keep me
company?”

“No!” replied the 3rd wife. “Life is so good over here! I’m going to
remarry when you die!” The merchant’s heart sank and turned cold.
He then asked the 2nd wife, “I always turned to you for help and
you’ve always helped me out. Now I need your help again. When I die, will you follow me and keep
me company?” “I’m sorry, I can’t help you out this time!” replied the 2nd wife.” “At the very most,
I can only send you to your grave.” Answer came like a bolt of thunder & merchant was devastated.
Then a voice called out: “I’ll leave with you. I’ll follow you no matter where you go.” The merchant
looked up and there was his 1st wife. She was so skinny, almost like she suffered from malnutrition.
Greatly grieved, the merchant said, “I should have taken much better care of you while I could
have!”

Actually, we all have 4 wives in our lives. The 4th wife is our body. No matter how much time and
effort we lavish in making it look good, it’ll leave us when we die.
Our 3rd wife is our possessions, status and wealth. When we die, they all go to others.
The 2nd wife is our family and friends. No matter how close they had been there for us when
we’re alive, the furthest they can stay by us is up to the grave.
The 1st wife is in fact our soul, often neglected in our pursuit of material wealth & sensual pleasure.

Moral:Guess what? The soul is actually the only thing that follows us wherever we go. Perhaps it’s a good idea to cultivate and strengthen it now rather than to wait until we’re on our deathbed to lament.insh'Allah

egyptballer
08-08-2009, 11:35 PM

The Most Beautiful Heart
(Page 45)

One day a young man was standing in the middle of the town proclaiming that he had the most beautiful heart in the whole valley. A large crowd gathered and they all admired his heart for it was perfect. There was not a mark or a flaw in it. Yes, they all agreed it truly was the most beautiful heart they had ever seen.

The young man was very proud and boasted more loudly about his beautiful heart. Suddenly, an old man appeared at the front of the crowd and said, “Why your heart is not nearly as beautiful as mine.” The crowd and the young man looked at the old man’s heart. It was beating strongly ... but full of scars. It had places where pieces had been removed and other pieces put in ... but they didn’t fit quite right and there were several jagged edges. In fact, in some places there were deep gouges where whole pieces were missing. The people starred ... how could he say his heart is more beautiful, they thought?

The young man looked at the old man’s heart and saw its state and laughed. “You must be joking,” he said. “Compare your heart with mine ... mine is perfect and yours is a mess of scars and tears.” “Yes,” said the old man, “Yours is perfect looking ... but I would never trade with you. You see, every scar represents a person to whom I have given my love..... I tear out a piece of my heart and give it to them ... and often they give me a piece of their heart which fits into the empty place in my heart ... but because the pieces aren’t exact, I have some rough edges, which I cherish, because they remind me of the love we shared. Sometimes I have given pieces of my heart away ... and the other person hasn’t returned a piece of his heart to me. These are the empty gouges ... giving love is taking a chance. Although these gouges are painful, they stay open, reminding me of the love I have for these people too ... and I hope someday they may return and fill the space I have waiting. So now do you see what true beauty is?”

The young man stood silently with tears running down his cheeks. He walked up to the old man, reached into his perfect young and beautiful heart, and ripped a piece out. He offered it to the old man with trembling hands. The old man took his offering, placed it in his heart and then took a piece from his old scarred heart and placed it in the wound in the young man’s heart. It fit .... but not perfectly, as there were some jagged edges. The young man looked at his heart, not perfect anymore but more beautiful than ever, since love from the old man’s heart flowed into his. They embraced and walked away side by side.

Moral:Physical perfection is not always beautiful.We must look at the person based on his values and deen (religion) instead of just superficial material things.insh'Allah

egyptballer
08-10-2009, 03:18 AM

The 99 Club
(Page 47)
Some time ago, there lived a King. This King should have been contented with his life, given all the riches and luxuries he had. However, this was not the case! The King always found himself wondering why he just never seemed content with his life. Sure, he had the attention of everyone wherever he went, attended fancy dinners and parties, but somehow, he still felt something was lacking and he couldn’t put his finger on it. One day, the King had woken up earlier than usual to stroll around his palace. He entered his huge living room and came to a stop when he heard someone happily singing away... following this singing... he saw that one of the servants was singing and had a very contented look on his face.
This fascinated the King and he summoned this man to his chambers. The man entered the King’s chambers as ordered. The King asked why he was so happy? To this the man replied: “Your Majesty, I am nothing but a servant, but I make enough of a living to keep my wife and children happy. We don’t need too much, a roof over our heads and warm food to fill our tummy. My wife and children are my inspiration; they are content with whatever little I bring home. I am happy because my family is happy.” Hearing this, the King dismissed the servant and summoned his Personal Assistant to his chambers.

The King related his personal anguish about his feelings and then related the story of the servant to his Personal Assistant, hoping that somehow, he will be able to come up with some reasoning that here was a King who could have anything he wished for at a snap of his fingers and yet was not contented, whereas, his servant, having so little was extremely contented. The Personal Assistant listened attentively and came to a conclusion. He said, “Your Majesty, I believe that the servant has not been made part of The 99 Club.” “The 99 Club? And what exactly is that?” the King inquired. To which the Assistant replied, “Your Majesty, to truly know what The 99 Club is, you will have to do the following... place 99 Gold coins in a bag and leave it at this servant’s doorstep, you will then understand what The 99 Club is.”

That very same evening, the King arranged for 99 Gold coins to be placed in a bag at the servant’s doorstep. Although he was slightly hesitant and he thought he should have put 100 Gold coins into the bag, but since his assistant had advised him to put 99 that is what he did. The servant was just stepping out of his house when he saw a bag at his doorstep. Wondering about its contents, he took it into his house and opened the bag. When he opened the bag, he let out a great big shout of joy...Gold Coins... so many of them. He could hardly believe it. He called his wife to show her the coins. He then took the bag to a table and emptied it out and began to count the coins. Doing so, he realized that there were 99 coins and he thought it was an odd number so he counted again, and again and again only to come to the same conclusion... 99 Gold Coins.

He began to wonder, what could have happened to that last one coin? For no one would leave 99 coins. He began to search his entire house, looked around his backyard for hours, not wanting to lose out on that one coin. Finally, exhausted, he decided that he was going to have to work harder than ever to make up for that one Gold coin to make his entire collection an even 100 Gold Coins. He got up the next morning, in an extremely horrible mood, shouting at the children and his wife for his delay, not realizing that he had spent most of the night conjuring ways of working hard so that he had enough money to buy himself that gold coin. He went to work as usual - but not in his usual best mood, singing happily - as he grumpily did his daily errands. Seeing the man’s attitude change so drastically, the King was puzzled. He promptly summoned his assistant to his chambers. The King related his thoughts about the servant and once again, his assistant listened. The King could not believe that the servant who until yesterday had been singing away and was happy and content with his life had taken a sudden change of attitude, even though he should have been happier after receiving the gold coins. To this the assistant replied “Ah! But your Majesty, the servant has now officially joined The 99 Club.” He explained: “The 99 Club is just a name given to those people who have everything but yet are never contented, therefore they are always working hard and striving for that extra one to round it out to 100!

We have so much to be thankful for and we can live with very little in our lives, but the minute we are given something bigger and better, we want even more! We are not the same happy contented person we used to be, we want more and more and by wanting more and more we don’t realize the price we pay for it. We lose our sleep, our happiness; we hurt the people around us just as a price to pay for our growing needs and desires. That is what joining The 99 Club is all about.” Hearing this King decided that from that day onwards, he was going to start appreciating all the little things in life. Striving for more is always good, but let’s not strive so hard and for so much that we loses all those near and dear to our hearts, we shouldn’t compromise our happiness for moments of luxuries!

Moral:We must reflect on our lives and wonder have we joined the 99 Club?

egyptballer
08-10-2009, 07:22 PM

Finder's Keepers
(Page 52)

A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone & asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation. The traveler left, rejoicing his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime. But a few days later he came back to return the stone to the wise woman. “I’ve been thinking,” He said, “I know how valuable the stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious: Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone.”

Moral: This generosity struck the hungry traveler to the point where he returned the stone and wanted to know how the wise woman had that generosity.Generosity is very important.Let us be more generous than yesterday.insh'Allah

egyptballer
08-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Assalaamu `alaykum wa Rahmatullahi Wabarakatuh brothers and sisters, watch this great youtube series here insh'Allah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5kNNn-hciQ

A Box Full of Kisses
(Page 49)

The story goes back some time ago, a man punished his 3-year-old daughter for
wasting a roll of gold wrapping paper. Money was tight and he became infuriated
when the child tried to decorate a box to put under the Christmas tree. Nevertheless,
the little girl brought the gift to her father the next morning and said, “This is for
you, Daddy.”
The man was embarrassed by his earlier over reaction, but his anger flared again when he found
out the box was empty. He yelled at her, stating, “Don’t you know, when you give someone a
present, there is supposed to be something inside?” The little girl looked up at him with tears in
her eyes and cried, “Oh, Daddy, it’s not empty at all. I blew kisses into the box. They’re all for you,
Daddy.” The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little girl, and he begged for her
forgiveness.
Only a short time later, an accident took the life of the child. It is also told that her father kept that
gold box by his bed for many years and, whenever he was discouraged, he would take out an
imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.

Moral: In a very real sense, each one of us, as humans beings, have been given a gold container filled with unconditional love and kisses... from our children, family members, friends, and Allah swt . There is simply no other possession, anyone could hold, more precious than this.insh'Allah

- IqRa -
08-12-2009, 10:05 AM
I've read the above story before, mashaAllaah it's really deep.

Another moral of the above story could be that realise the value of your loved ones before they aren't there with you anymore...

egyptballer
08-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Assalaamu `alaykum wa Rahmatullahi Wabarakatuh brothers and sisters, watch this great youtube series here insh'Allah:

Bandage of Complaint
(Page 52)

Once a saint saw a man with a bandage tied round his head. “Why have you tied the bandage?” he
asked. “Because my head aches,” the man replied. “How old are you?” he demanded. “Thirty,” he
replied. “Have you been in pain and anguish the greater part of your life?” he enquired. “No,” the
man answered. “For thirty years you have enjoyed good health,” he remarked, “and you never tied
the bandage of thankfulness. Now because of this one night head ache, that you have, you tie the
bandage of complaint!”

Moral: Something many of us take for granted is our health. We aren't grateful when we are healthy but complain when we are sick. We all should praise Allah (swt) for the blessings we receive everyday such as health .insh'Allah

egyptballer
08-13-2009, 05:54 PM

Wealth,Love and Success
(Page 52)

A woman came out of her house and saw 3 old men with long white beards sitting in her front yard. She did not recognize them. She said “I don’t think I know you, but you must be hungry. Please come in and have something to eat.” “Is the man of the house home?”, they asked. “No,” she replied. “He’s out.” “Then we cannot come in,” they replied. In the evening when her husband came home, she told him what had happened. “Go tell them I am home and invite them in!” The woman went out and invited the men in. “We do not go into a House together,” they replied. “Why is that?” she asked. One of the old men explained: “His name is Wealth,” he said pointing to one of his friends, and said pointing to another one, “He is Success, and I am Love.” Then he added, “Now go in and discuss with your husband which one of us you want in your home.”

The woman went in and told her husband what was said. Her husband was overjoyed. “How nice!,” he said. “Since that is the case, let us invite Wealth. Let him come and fill our home with wealth!” His wife disagreed. “My dear, why don’t we invite Success?” Their daughter-in-law was listening from the other corner of the house. She jumped in with her own suggestion: “Would it not be better to invite Love? Our home will then be filled with love!” “Let us heed our daughter-in-law’s advice,” said the husband to his wife. “Go out and invite Love to be our guest.” The woman went out and asked the 3 old men, “Which one of you is Love? Please come in and be our guest.” Love got up and started walking toward the house. The other 2 also got up and followed him. Surprised, the lady asked Wealth and Success: “I only invited Love, Why are you coming in?” The old men replied together: “If you had invited Wealth or Success, the other two of us would've stayed out, but since you invited Love, wherever He goes, we go with him.

Wherever there is Love, there is also Wealth and Success!!!”

Moral:Many of our goals in life are to attain success and wealth and get so caught up in attaining wealth we forget about our families and friends. It is important we don't put wealth and success over our love for our family. insh'Allah

egyptballer
08-14-2009, 09:24 PM

Love and Time
(Page 55)

Once upon a time, there was an island where all the feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness, Knowledge, and all of the others, including Love. One day it was announced to the feelings that the island would sink, so all constructed boats and left. Except for Love. Love was the only one who stayed. Love wanted to hold out until the last possible moment. When the island had almost sunk, Love decided to ask for help. Richness was passing by Love in a grand boat. Love said, “Richness, can you take me with you?” Richness answered, “No, I can’t. There is a lot of gold and silver in my boat. There is no place here for you.” Love decided to ask Vanity who was also passing by in a beautiful vessel. “Vanity, please help me!” “I can’t help you, Love. You are all wet and might damage my boat,” Vanity answered.

Sadness was close by so Love asked, “Sadness, let me go with you.” “Oh . . . Love, I am so sad that I need to be by myself!” Happiness passed by Love, too, but she was so happy that she did not even hear when Love called her. Suddenly, there was a voice, “Come, Love, I will take you.” It was an elder. So blessed and overjoyed, Love even forgot to ask the elder where they were going. When they arrived at dry land, the elder went his own way. Realizing how much was owed the elder, Love asked Knowledge, another elder, “Who Helped me?” “It was Time,” Knowledge answered. “Time?” asked Love. “But why did Time help me?” Knowledge smiled with deep wisdom and answered, “Because only Time is capable of understanding how valuable Love is.”

Moral: Another story about prioritizing love for our family and friends over other worldly feelings.insh'Allah

egyptballer
08-16-2009, 02:07 AM

An Aged Student
(Page 53)
Sikaki was a skilled artist an artisan. With great expertise and interest, he made such a nice and beautiful inkpot that it could be presented to the king. He expected that, appreciating his artistic kill, the king would encourage him as far as possible. So, with countless hopes and thousand of desires, he presented that inkpot to the king. In the beginning the king was very impressed by his artistic skill but afterwards an unpleasant event occurred that caused an extraordinary change in Sikaki’ s life and way of thinking. When the king was observing the skilled artistry of the beautiful inkpot and Sikaki was lost in the
world of thoughts, the people informed that a scholar-literary person or jury is about to enter the
court. As soon as the scholar entered, the king got so much absorbed in welcoming and talking to
him that he forgot Sikaki and his skilled artistry. This incident caused an adverse and deep effect
on the heart of Sikaki.

He realized that now he would not receive the encouragement he had expected and all his desires and hopes are useless now. But Sikaki’s high spirited mind did not allow him to be in peace, so he started thinking as to what should he do. He decided to do what the others have done and go on the same way that the others have gone (uptill now). Therefore, he decided to search for his lost hopes in the world of knowledge, literature and books. Although for a wise man who has passed the days of his young age, it was not easy to study with young children and to start right from the
preliminary stage. But he did not have a choice . After all whenever the fish is taken out of water,
it is fresh. Worse than that, in the beginning he did not find any sort of interest in himself regarding reading
and writing. Perhaps spending a long time in artistic works and handicraft was the reason for stagnancy in his scientific and literary talent. But neither his advanced age nor lack of capability,
none of these could change his decision. With great enthusiasm and zeal for attaining knowledge,
he strictly got busy with his studies, until another incident occurred: The teacher who was teaching him Shafi’e jurisprudence (fiqh Shafi’e), taught him this lesson:
“The teacher believes that the skin of a dog becomes clean (tahir) after tanning.” Sikaki repeated
this sentence a lot of times so that at the time of examination he should be able to succeed. But
when he was asked to answer this question, he said: “The dog believes that the skin of a teacher
becomes clean after tanning.”

The audience upon hearing this answer started laughing. It was clear for everybody that this old man is absolutely incapable of reading and writing. After this incident Sikaki not only left the school , but he left the town and went towards the Jungle. By chance, he reached the foot of a mountain, where he saw that the water is falling drop by drop from the top and due to the continuous falling of water, a hole had been formed in that hard stone. He reflected for sometime, a good idea crossed his mind like lightning. And he said: “Maybe my heart is not ready to accept (knowledge) but it is not harder than this stone. It is impossible that continuous studying and hard work would be ineffective.” Therefore, he came back and with hard work, he got busy in the attainment of knowledge. As a result he was reckoned as one of the popular scholars of his time.

Moral:We can always learn something new regardless of our age.insh'Allah

egyptballer
08-17-2009, 01:04 AM

Arthur Ashe
(Page 53)
Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player was dying of AIDS. From world over, he received letters from his fans, one of which conveyed: “Why does GOD have to select you for such a bad disease?”

To this Arthur Ashe replied: The world over
5 Crore children start playing tennis,
50 Lakh learn to play tennis,
5 Lakh learn professional tennis,
50,000 come to the circuit,
5000 reach the grand slam,
50 reach Wimbledon,
4 to semi final,
2 to the finals,

When I was holding a cup I never asked GOD “Why me?”.
And today in pain I should not be asking GOD “Why me?”

Moral: We shouldn't question Allah swt and we should be thankful for what Allah swt blesses us with.insh'Allah

- IqRa -
08-17-2009, 08:43 AM
^ Indeed... Allaah always does everything for the best...

egyptballer
08-20-2009, 01:15 AM

The Bar
(Page 56)

A tale is told about a small town that had historically been “dry,” (no alcohol sold) but then a local businessman decided to build a tavern. A group of Christians from a local church were concerned and planned an all-night prayer meeting to ask God to intervene. It just so happened that shortly thereafter lightning struck the bar and it burned to the ground. The owner of the bar sued the church, claiming that the prayers of the congregation were responsible, but the church hired a lawyer to argue in court that they were not responsible. The presiding judge, after his initial review of the case, stated that “No matter how this case comes out, one thing is clear. The tavern owner believes in prayer and the Christians do not.”

egyptballer
08-20-2009, 01:16 AM

The Four Sons
(Page 57)

There was a man who had four sons. He wanted his sons to learn not to judge things too quickly. So he sent them each on a quest, in turn, to go and look at a pear tree that was a great distance away. The first son
went in the winter, the second in the spring, the third in summer, and the youngest son in the fall. When they had all gone and come back, he called them together to describe what they had seen. The first son said that the tree was ugly, bent, and twisted. The second son said no it was covered with green buds and full of promise. The third son disagreed; he said it was laden with blossoms that smelled so sweet and looked so beautiful, it was the most graceful thing he had ever seen. The last son disagreed with all of them; he said it was ripe and drooping with fruit, full of life and fulfillment. The man then explained to his sons that they were all right, because they had each seen but only one season in the tree’s life. He told them that you cannot judge a tree, or a person, by only one season, and that the essence of who they are and the pleasure, joy, and love that come from that life can only be measured at the end, when all the seasons are up. If you give up when it’s winter, you will miss the promise of your spring, the beauty of your summer, fulfillment of your fall. Don’t let the pain of one season destroy the joy of all the rest. Don’t judge life by one difficult season. Persevere through the difficult patches and better times are sure to come some time or later.

Moral :We shouldn't judge our life by some hardships and tribulations that occur. We should be patient and place our trust in Allah swt .insh'Allah

egyptballer
08-20-2009, 01:17 AM

The Rose Within
(Page 57)

A certain man planted a rose and watered it faithfully and before it blossomed, he examined it. He saw the bud that would soon blossom, but noticed thorns upon the stem and he thought, “How can any beautiful flower come from a plant burdened with so many sharp thorns?” Saddened by this thought, he neglected to water the rose, and just before it was ready to bloom... it died. So it is with many people. Within every soul there is a rose. The good qualities planted in us at birth, grow amid the thorns of our faults. Many of us look at ourselves and see only the thorns, the defects. We despair, thinking that nothing good can possibly come from us. We neglect to water the good within us, and eventually it dies. We never realize our potential. Some people do not see the rose within themselves; someone else must show it to them. One of the greatest gifts a person can possess is to be able to reach past the thorns of another, and find the rose within them.

Moral :This is one of the characteristic of love... to look at a person, know their true faults and accepting that person into your life... all the while recognizing the nobility in their soul. Help others to realize they can overcome their faults. If we show them the “rose” within themselves, they will conquer their thorns. Only then will they blossom many times over.insh'Allah

egyptballer
08-20-2009, 07:53 PM

To Tell the Truth
(Page 62)

“Who did this?” asked my teacher. Thirty children tried to think about not only what they had done, but also what our teacher may have found out. “Who did this?” asked my teacher once more. She wasn’t really asking, she was demanding an answer. She seldom became angry, but she was this time. She held up a piece of broken glass and asked, “Who broke this window?” “Oh, oh,” I thought. I was the one who broke the window. I had not done it intentionally. It was caused by an errant throw of a baseball. I was working on my knuckleball. It needed more work. Why did it have to be me? It wasn’t really my fault. If I admitted guilt, I would be in a lot of trouble. How would I be able to pay for a big window like that? I didn’t even get an allowance. “My father is going to have a fit,” I thought. I didn’t want to raise my hand, but some force much stronger than I was pulled it skyward. I told the truth. “I did it.” I said no more. It was hard enough saying what I
had.

My teacher went to one of our library shelves and took down a book. She then began walking towards my desk. I had never seen my teacher to strike a student, but I feared she was going to start with me and she was going to use a book for the swatting. “I know how you like birds,” she said as she stood looking down at my guilt-ridden face. “Here is that field guide about birds that you are constantly checking out. It is yours. It’s time we got a new one for the school anyway. The book is yours and you will not be punished as long as you
remember that I am not rewarding you for your misdeed, I am rewarding you for your truthfulness.”

Moral :It is our duty to be honest and it pays off when we are honest.insh'Allah

- IqRa -
08-21-2009, 08:16 AM

The Four Sons
(Page 57)

There was a man who had four sons. He wanted his sons to learn not to judge things too quickly. So he sent them each on a quest, in turn, to go and look at a pear tree that was a great distance away. The first son
went in the winter, the second in the spring, the third in summer, and the youngest son in the fall. When they had all gone and come back, he called them together to describe what they had seen. The first son said that the tree was ugly, bent, and twisted. The second son said no it was covered with green buds and full of promise. The third son disagreed; he said it was laden with blossoms that smelled so sweet and looked so beautiful, it was the most graceful thing he had ever seen. The last son disagreed with all of them; he said it was ripe and drooping with fruit, full of life and fulfillment. The man then explained to his sons that they were all right, because they had each seen but only one season in the tree’s life. He told them that you cannot judge a tree, or a person, by only one season, and that the essence of who they are and the pleasure, joy, and love that come from that life can only be measured at the end, when all the seasons are up. If you give up when it’s winter, you will miss the promise of your spring, the beauty of your summer, fulfillment of your fall. Don’t let the pain of one season destroy the joy of all the rest. Don’t judge life by one difficult season. Persevere through the difficult patches and better times are sure to come some time or later.

Moral :We shouldn't judge our life by some hardships and tribulations that occur. We should be patient and place our trust in Allah swt .insh'Allah
Indeed...

egyptballer
08-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Assalaamu `alaykum wa Rahmatullahi Wabarakatuh brothers and sisters,I would like to say...

~~~~~~~~~~~ Ramadan Mubarak~~~~~~~~~~~

INFO:
Our Own Affairs
(Page 59)

It was a bitter, cold evening. The old man’s beard was glazed by winter’s frost while he waited for a ride across the river. The wait seemed endless. His body became numb and stiff from the frigid north wind. He heard the faint, steady rhythm of approaching hooves galloping along the frozen path. Anxiously, he watched as several horsemen rounded the bend. He let the first one pass by without an effort to get his attention. Then another passed by... and another. Finally, the last rider neared the spot where the old man sat like a
snow statue. As this one drew near, the old man caught the rider’s eye and said, “Sir, would you mind giving an old man a ride to the other side? There doesn’t appear to be a passageway by foot. Reining his horse, the rider replied, “Sure thing. Hop aboard.”

Seeing the old man was unable to lift his half-frozen body from the ground, the horseman dismounted and helped the old man onto the horse. The horseman took the old man not just across the river, but to his destination, which was just a few miles away. As they neared the tiny but cozy cottage, the horseman’s curiosity caused him to inquire, “Sir, I noticed that you let several other riders pass by without making an effort to secure a ride. Then I came up and you immediately asked me for a ride. I’m curious why, on such a bitter winter night; you would wait and ask the last rider. What if I had refused and left you there?” The old man lowered himself slowly down from the horse, looked the rider straight in the eyes, and replied, “I’ve been around here for some time. I reckon I know people pretty good.”

The old-timer continued, “I looked into the eyes of the other riders and immediately saw there was no concern for my situation. It would have been useless even to ask them for a ride. But when I looked into your eyes, kindness and compassion were evident. I knew, then and there, that your gentle spirit would welcome the opportunity to give me assistance in my time of need.” Those heartwarming comments touched the horseman deeply. “I’m most grateful for what you have said,” he told the old man. “May I never get too busy in my own affairs that I fail to respond to the needs of others with kindness and compassion.”

Ya Allah, Make me among those about whom the Holy Quran (Hashr 59:9) has said: “And they give
them preference over their own selves even though they are in need.”

Moral:At times we are so engrossed in our own affairs that we don't consider other peoples needs. We need to be considerate of others while we are preoccupied with our ow affairs.insh'Allah

egyptballer
08-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Assalaamu `alaykum wa Rahmatullahi Wabarakatuh brothers and sisters,I hope the first day of fasting is going well. inshAllah
INFO:
Ramadan 1/30
Don't We All
(Page 59)

I was parked in front of the mall wiping off my car. I had just come from the car wash and was waiting for my wife to get out of work. Coming my way from across the parking lot was what society would consider a bum. From the looks of him, he had no car, no home, no clean clothes, and no money. There are times when you feel generous but there are other times that you just don’t want to be bothered. This was one of those “don’t want to be bothered times.” “I hope he doesn’t ask me for any money,” I thought. He didn't. He came and sat on the curb in front of the bus stop but he didn’t look like he could have enough money to even ride the bus. After a few minutes he spoke. “That’s a very pretty car,” he said. He was ragged but he had an air of dignity around him. His scraggly blond beard keeps more than his face warm. I said, “Thanks,” and continued wiping off my car.

He sat there quietly as I worked. The expected plea for money never came. As the silence between us widened something inside said, “Ask him if he needs any help.” I was sure that he would say “yes” but I held true to the inner voice. “Do you need any help?” I asked. He answered in three simple but profound words that I shall never forget. We often look for wisdom in great men and women. We expect it from those of higher learning and accomplishments. I expected nothing but an outstretched grimy hand. He spoke the three words that shook me. “Don’t we all?” he said.

I was feeling high and mighty, successful and important, above a bum in the street, until those three words hit me like a twelve gauge shotgun. Don’t we all? I needed help. Maybe not for bus fare or a place to sleep, but I needed help. I reached in my wallet and gave him not only enough for bus fare, but enough to get a warm meal and shelter for the day. Those three little words still ring true. No matter how much you have, no matter how much you have accomplished, you need help too. No matter how little you have, no matter how loaded you are with problems, even without money or a place to sleep, you can give help. Even if it’s just a compliment, you can give that. You never know when you may see someone that appears to have it all. They are waiting on you to give them what they don’t have. A different perspective on life, a glimpse at something beautiful, a respite from daily chaos, that only you through a torn world can see.

Maybe the man was just a homeless stranger wandering the streets. Maybe he was more than that. Maybe he was sent by a power that is great and wise, to messenger to a soul too comfortable in themselves. Maybe God looked down, called an Angel, dressed him like a bum, and then said, “Go messenger to that man cleaning the car, that man needs help.” Don’t we all?

".....Even a smile can be charity.....” Holy Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him)

Moral:We all need help and support from Allah swt regardless of our social class and amount of wealth we posses. Having that in mind we should try to help others whether financially or physically. This month of Ramadan is a great time to help others .insh'Allah

egyptballer
08-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Ramadan 2/30
The Stranger in The Garden
(Page 61)

Once upon a time there was a man who had a big garden. He had planted many fruit trees and cared for them till they bear fruits. Now he wanted to pick up the fruits and sell them to make money for his family. One fine day while picking fruits with his son, the man saw a stranger sitting on the branch of a tree and picking the fruits. This man become angry and shouted, “Hey you! What are you doing on my tree? Aren’t you ashamed of stealing fruits in the day time?” The stranger on the branch just looked at the gardener but didn’t reply, and continued picking the fruits. The gardener was very angry and shouted again, “For a whole year I have taken care of these trees, you have no right to take the fruits without my permission so come down at once!”

The stranger on the tree answered, “Why should I come down? This is the garden of God and I am the servant of God, so I have the right to pick these fruits and you should not interfere between the work of God and his servant.” The gardener was very surprised at this answer and thought of a plan. He called his son and said, “go bring a rope and get this man down from the tree.” His son brought the rope and the gardener ordered him to tie the stranger to the tree. The gardener then took a stick and started to beat the stranger. The stranger began to scream. “Why are you beating me? You have no right to do this.”

The gardener paid no attention and continued beating him. The stranger screamed, “Don’t you fear God, you are beating an innocent man? The gardener answered, “Why should I fear? This wood in my hand belongs to God and I am too the servant of God, so I have nothing to fear, and you shouldn’t interfere with the work of God and his servant.” The stranger hesitated and then spoke, “Wait don’t beat me, I am sorry for taking the fruits. This is your garden and I should seek your permission before taking the fruits. So, please forgive and set me free.” The gardener smiled and said, “Since you have now realized your mistake, I will forgive you but remember that God has given all his servants brains so every person’s deeds are in his own hands.” Then the gardener untied him and let him go free.

Moral: Allah (swt) had supplied us with a brain to distinguish good and bad deeds. We have the choice to do good and bad actions but it there is consequences to both actions.insh'Allah

egyptballer
08-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Ramadan 3/30
When the Winds Blow
(Page 62)

Years ago a farmer owned land along the Atlantic seacoast. He constantly advertised for hired hands. Most people were reluctant to work on farms along the Atlantic. They dreaded the awful storms that raged across the ocean, wreaking havoc on the buildings and crops. As the farmer interviewed applicants for the job, he received a steady stream of refusals. Finally, a short, thin man, well past middle age, approached the farmer. “Are you a good farmhand?” the farmer asked him. “Well, I can sleep when the wind blows,” answered the man. Although puzzled by this answer, the farmer, desperate for help, hired him. The little man worked well around the farm, busy from dawn to dusk, and the farmer felt satisfied with the man's work.

Then one night the wind howled loudly in from offshore. Jumping out of bed, the farmer grabbed a lantern and rushed next door to the hired hand’s sleeping quarters. He shook the little man and yelled, “Get up! A storm is coming! Tie things down before they blow away!” The little man rolled over in bed and said firmly,
“No sir. I told you, I can sleep when the wind blows.” Enraged by the response, the farmer was tempted to fire him on the spot. Instead, he hurried outside to prepare for the storm. To his amazement, he discovered that all of the haystacks had been covered with tarpaulins. The cows were in the barn, the chickens were in the coops, and the doors were barred. The shutters were tightly secured. Everything was tied down. Nothing could blow away. The farmer then understood what his hired hand meant, so he returned to his bed to also sleep while the wind blew.

Moral^:When you’re prepared, spiritually, mentally, and physically, you have nothing to fear. Can you sleep when the wind blows through your life? The hired hand in the story was able to sleep because he
had secured the farm against the storm.insh'Allah

egyptballer
08-25-2009, 06:40 PM
Ramadan 4/30
The Rope
(Page 63)

The night fell heavy in the heights of the mountains and the man could not see anything. All was black. Zero visibility, and the moon and the stars were covered by the clouds. As he was climbing only a few feet away from the top of the mountain, he slipped and fell in to the air, falling at great speed. He could only see black spots as he went down, and the terrible sensation of being sucked by gravity. He kept falling, and in the moments of great fear, it came to his mind all the good and bad episodes of his life. He was thinking now about how close death was getting, when all of a sudden he felt the rope tied to his waist pull him very hard. His body was hanging in the air. Only the rope was holding him and in that moment of stillness he had no other choice other to scream: “Help me God.”

All of a sudden a deep voice coming from the sky answered, “What do you want me to do?”

“Save me God.”

“Do you really think I can save you?”

“Of course I believe You can.”

“Then cut the rope tied to your waist.”

There was a moment of silence and the man decided to hold on to the rope with all his strength. The rescue team tells that the next day a climber was found dead and frozen, his body hanging from a rope. His hands holding tight to it. Only one foot away from the ground.

Moral^: How attached we are to our rope will we let go? Don’t ever doubt about the words of Allah swt. We should never say that He has forgotten us or abandoned us.insh'Allah

egyptballer
08-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Ramadan 5/30
The Ship
(Page 63)

A voyaging ship was wrecked during a storm at sea and only two of the men on it were able to swim to a small, desert like island. The two survivors, not knowing what else to do, agreed that they had no other recourse but to pray to God. However, to find out whose prayer was more powerful, they agreed to divide the territory between them and stay on opposite sides of the island.

The first thing they prayed for was food. The next morning, the first man saw a fruit-bearing tree
on his side of the land, and he was able to eat its fruit. The other man’s parcel of land remained
barren. After a week, the first man was lonely and he decided to pray for a wife. The next day, another ship
was wrecked, and the only survivor was a woman who swam to his side of the land. On the other side of the island, there was nothing. Soon the first man prayed for a house, clothes, more food. The next day, like magic, all of these were given to him. However, the second man still had nothing. Finally, the first man prayed for a ship, so that he and his wife could leave the island. In the morning, he found a ship docked at
his side of the island. The first man boarded the ship with his wife and decided to leave the second man on the island. He considered the other man unworthy to receive God’s blessings, since none of his prayers had been answered.

As the ship was about to leave, the first man heard a voice from heaven booming, “Why are you
leaving your companion on the island?” “My blessings are mine alone, since I was the one who prayed for them,” the first man answered. “His prayers were all unanswered and so he does not deserve anything.” “You are mistaken!” the voice rebuked him. “He had only one prayer, which I answered. If not for that, you would not have received any of my blessings.” “Tell me,” the first man asked the voice, “What did he pray for that I should owe him anything?” “He prayed that all your prayers be answered.” For all we know, our blessings are not the fruits of our prayers alone, but those of another praying for us.

Moral: We must make dua for our families, friends and other Muslims. Our dua alone isn't as powerful as a dua made for us by another person. Let us make dua for others especially on this blessed moth of Ramadan. insh'Allah

- IqRa -
08-27-2009, 12:38 PM
SubhanAllaah at the last 2 stories! Amazing mashaAllaah!!!

Snowflake
08-27-2009, 01:52 PM
MashaAllah great thread! May Allah reward you all. Ameen

egyptballer
08-27-2009, 08:25 PM
JazakaAllah, I will continue to post as long as I find stories.insh'Allah

egyptballer
08-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Assalaamu `alaykum wa Rahmatullahi Wabarakatuh brothers and sisters,vote for Eid to be a school holiday insh'Allah :http://www.kirotv.com/surveyresults/...x.html?taf=sea

Ramadan 6/30
The Illusion of Reflection
(Page 65)

Once there was a king who had presented his daughter, the princess, with a beautiful diamond necklace. The necklace was stolen and his people in the kingdom searched everywhere but could not find it. Some said a bird might have stolen it. The king then asked them all to search for it and put a reward for $50,000 for anyone who found it. One day a clerk was walking home along a river next to an industrial area. This river was completely polluted, filthy and smelly. As he was walking, the clerk saw a shimmering in the river and when he looked, he saw the diamond necklace. He decided to try and catch it so that he could get the $50,000 reward. He put his hand in the filthy, dirty river and grabbed at the necklace, but some how missed it and didn't catch it. He took his hand out and looked again and the necklace was still there. He tried again, this time he walked in the river and dirtied his pants in the filthy river and put his whole arm in to catch the necklace. But strangely, he still missed the necklace!

He came out and started walking away, feeling depressed. Then again he saw the necklace, right there. This time he was determined to get it, no matter what. He decided to plunge into the river, although it was a disgusting thing to do as the river was polluted, and his whole body would become filthy. He plunged in, and searched everywhere for the necklace and yet he failed. This time he was really bewildered and came out feeling very depressed that he could not get the necklace that would get him $50,000. Just then a saint who was walking by, saw him, and asked him what was the matter. The clerk didn't want to share the secret with the saint, thinking the saint might take the necklace for himself, so he refused to tell the saint anything. But the saint could see this man was troubled and being compassionate, again asked the clerk to tell him the problem and promised that he would not tell anyone about it.

The clerk mustered some courage and decided to put some faith in the saint. He
told the saint about the necklace and how he tried and tried to catch it, but kept failing. The saint
then told him that perhaps he should try looking upward, toward the branches of the tree, instead
of in the filthy river. The clerk looked up and true enough, the necklace was dangling on the branch
of a tree. He had been trying to capture a mere reflection of the real necklace all this time.

“Happy is the man who always kept the afterlife in his view, who remembers the Day of Reckoning through his deeds, who led a contented life and who was happy with the lot that Allah hath destined for him.” Imam Ali (AS)

Moral: This story contains symbolism that we can reflect upon. Material happiness is just like the filthy, polluted river; because it is a mere reflection of the TRUE happiness in the spiritual world. We can never achieve the happiness we are looking for no matter how hard we endeavor in material life. Instead we should look upwards, toward Allah swt, who is the source of real happiness, and stop chasing after the reflection of this happiness in the material world. This spiritual happiness is the only thing that can satisfy us completely. insh'Allah

egyptballer
08-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Ramadan 7/30
A Teacher's Protest
(Page 67)

There was no timetable nor a room designated for prayers in the School. The School was ‘secular,’ hence prayers were not supposed to be allowed. After being interviewed and accepted by the school administration, the eager teaching prospect said in protest: “Let me see if I’ve got this right.” You want me to go into that room with all those kids and fill their every waking moment with a love for learning. And I’m
supposed to instill a sense of pride in their ethnicity, modify their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse and even censor their T-shirt messages and dress habits. You want me to wage a war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, check their backpacks for weapons of mass destruction, and raise their self-esteem. You want me to teach them firm belief in God, patriotism, good citizenship, sportsmanship, and
fair play, how and where to register to vote, how to balance a checkbook, & how to apply for a job. I am to check their heads for lice, maintain a safe environment, recognize signs of antisocial behavior, offer advice, write letters of recommendation for student employment and scholarships, and encourage respect for their elders and future employers.

And I am to communicate regularly with the parents by letter, telephone, newsletter, & report card. All of this I am to do with just a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a few books, a bulletin board, and a big smile AND on a starting salary that qualifies my family for food stamps! You want me to do all of this, and you expect me NOT TO PRAY.

You expect me not to pray when Holy Quran (Baqarah 2:45) says: “Nay, seek (Allah’s) help with patient perseverance and PRAYER: It is indeed hard, except to those who bring a lowly spirit.”

“O my Lord! Make me and my children among those who establish prayers.” (Ibrahim: 40)

“Indeed it is the Prayers, which helps to refrain from indecent acts and evils.” (Ankabut: 45)

You want me to do all of this and you expect me not to pray when SUCCESS of every one depends
on Prayers. Holy Quran (Al-Mu’minuun: 9) says that successful believers are: “...... those who are punctual in their prayers.” Dear sir, since I am sure that I will not be able to fulfill your expectations, nor I will be successful in my career WITHOUT prayers, “I resign willingly from the post.” The Administrator looked down for a while then suddenly declared: “Young man, go ahead with your job. You have taught me a very important lesson today: Without prayers and help from God, no work is a success. We shall make special arrangements for prayers from today.”

Moral: We must pray to Allah swt in order to have success. insh'Allah

egyptballer
08-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Assalam Walkium brothers and sisters,

Please visit my blog designed just for Islamic Reminders. insh'Allah

Under Construction:

www.IslamicReminders.com

egyptballer
09-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Assalam walkium brothers and sisters, I will be posting some of the old islamic reminders and they will also be posted on my blog.insh'Allah

http://islamicreminders.com

The Wooden Bowl

Source:http://www.islamcan.com/cgi-bin/incr...08410659.shtml

A frail old man went to live with his son, daughter-in-law, and four-year-old grandson. The old man’s hands trembled,his eyesight was blurred, and his step faltered. The family ate together at the table. But the elderly grandfather’s shaky hands and failing sight made eating difficult. Peas rolled off his spoon onto the floor. When he grasped the glass, milk spilled on the tablecloth. The son and daughter-in-law became irritated with the mess. We must do something about Grandfather,” said the son. I’ve had enough of his spilled milk, noisy eating, and food on the floor. So the husband and wife set a small table in the corner. There, Grandfather ate alone while the rest of the family enjoyed dinner. Since Grandfather had broken a dish or two, his food was served in a wooden bowl.

When the family glanced in Grandfather’s direction, sometimes he had a tear in his eye as he sat alone. Still, the only words the couple had for him were sharp admonitions when he dropped a fork or spilled food.

The four-year-old watched it all in silence. One evening before supper, the father noticed his son playing with wood scraps on the floor. He asked the child sweetly, “What are you making?” Just as sweetly, the boy responded, “Oh, I am making a little bowl for you and Mama to eat your food when I grow up.” The four-year-old smiled and went back to work.

The words so struck the parents that they were speechless. Then tears started to stream down their cheeks. Though no word was spoken, both knew what must be done. That evening the husband took Grandfather’s hand and gently led him back to the family table. For the remainder of his days he ate every meal with the family. And for some reason, neither husband nor wife seemed to care any longer when a fork was dropped, milk spilled, or the tablecloth soiled.

Moral:We should respect our parents and others will follow. If you are a good role model others will want to do what you do and therefore they can become a good role model.This cycle can be repeat and the you can be responsible for starting that cycle.(Insh’Allah)

- IqRa -
09-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Indeed, respect and get get respect back in return...

egyptballer
09-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Those who are Lucky

Source

Ibne Abbas (RA) narrates: Rasulullah (SAW) said: The Shahid (martyr) will be brought on the Day of Resurrection and made to stand for reckoning. Then the giver of Sadaqah (charity) will be brought and made to stand for reckoning. Then those people will be brought who suffered many trials and hardships in the world; for them neither the Scale (of justice) be established nor will they be subjected to the appearance in the Court (for accountability). They will be bestowed with such immense rewards from Allah that people who had lived (in this world) in ease and comfort would desire that their bodies had been cut with scissors (in the world) for the reward it would have bestowed them (today). Source: Tabarani and Majma uz Zawaid.

Moral: Subhanallah! If we are going through trials and hardships, then we shouldn’t think that we are among the unlucky ones, rather we are indeed among those who are lucky. So if you ever suffer a hardship you should be happy for it can clear some of your sins.insh’Allah

cat eyes
09-08-2009, 08:51 PM

New Store Opening

haha thats hell funny. :laugh:

cat eyes
09-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Assalaamu `alaykum wa Rahmatullahi Wabarakatuh brothers and sisters,this story really opened my eyes and inshAllah it will benefit you too.I also didn't right the moral for this story.^

Human Brain

SOURCE:http://moral-stories.blogspot.com/20...-our-life.html

There was a blind girl who hated herself because she was blind , She hated everyone , except her loving boyfriend , He was always there for her , She told her boyfriend , ( If I could only see the world , I will marry you )

One day , someone donated a pair of eyes to her , When the bandages came off , she was able to see everything , including her boyfriend.

He asked her : (Now that you can see the world , will you marry me ?) The girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind too , The sight of his closed eyelids shocked her , She hadn't expected that , The thought of looking at them the rest of her life , led her to refuse to marry him.

Her boyfriend left in tears , Days later wrote a note to her saying : ( Take good care of your eyes , my dear , for before they were yours , they were mine )

[T]his is how the human brain often works , when our status changes ,Only a very few remember what life was like before , and who was always by their side in the most painful situation.

Life Is a Gift of GOD keep some positive thoughts in your mind...

^Moral:Today before you say an unkind word - Think of someone who can't speak.

Before you complain about the taste of your food - Think of someone who has nothing to eat.

Before you complain about your husband or wife - Think of someone who's crying out to GOD for a companion. --

Today before you complain about life - Think of someone who went too early to heaven.

Before whining about the distance you drive Think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet.
And when you are tired and complain about your job - Think of the unemployed, the disabled, and those who wish they had your job.

And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down - Put a smile on your face and think: you're alive and thank GOD. ...[inshAllah]
love this reminder:'(

egyptballer
09-09-2009, 09:27 PM
A Thousand Camels

Source

In the times of Umar (Radiallahu Anhu) there was a severe famine. All the people of Madinah were suffering due to the shortage of food. A caravan made up of a thousand camels loaded with a large stock of food grains belonging to Uthman (Radiallahu Anhu) arrived from Shaam (Syria). Several merchants offered to buy all of it. He asked them what profit they would pay. “Five per cent,” they said. He answered that he could get higher profit than that. They began to argue with him, saying that they did not know of any merchant who would offer him more than their quote. He said to them, “I know of one who repays a profit of more than seven hundred to a dirham (Arabian currency).” He then recited the verse of the Noble Quran in which Allah Ta’ala mentioned this profit. “The likeness of those who spend their wealth in the Way of Allah, is as the likeness of a grain (of corn); it grows seven ears, and each ear has a hundred grains. Allah gives manifold increase to whom He pleases. And Allah is All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All-Knower.” (2:261).

“O traders! Bear witness with me that I donate all this to the poor people of Madinah!” said Uthman (Radiallahu Anhu).

Source: Related by Shaikh Habibullah Mukhtaar in his book “Bringing Up Children in Islaam” in the chapter of Generosity.

Moral: Dear readers, what ever we give for the sake of Allah is really ours and whatever we keep with us will one day be someone else’s. Let us follow the footsteps of our Prophet and the pious Sahabah, with whom Allah was pleased with, by helping the needy ones in this blessed month of Ramadan. insh'Allah

egyptballer
09-11-2009, 10:12 PM
*NEW REMINDER*
Ramadan 21/30

Please Visit:
http://islamicreminders.com/

Puppies for Sale
(Page 70)

A farmer had some puppies he needed to sell. He painted a sign advertising the pups and set about nailing it to a post on the edge of his yard. As he was driving the last nail into the post, he felt a tug on his overalls. He looked down into the Eyes of a little boy. “Mister,” he said, “I want to buy one of your puppies.” “Well,” said the farmer, as he rubbed the sweat off the back of his neck, “these puppies come from fine parents and cost a good deal of money.” The boy dropped his head for a moment. Then reaching deep into his pocket, he pulled out a handful of change and held it up to the farmer. “I’ve got thirty-nine cents. Is that enough to take a book?” “Sure,” said the farmer. And with that he let out a whistle, “Here Dolly!” he called.

Out from the doghouse and down the ramp ran Dolly followed by four little balls of fur. The little boy pressed his face against the chain link fence. His eyes danced with delight. As the dogs made their way to the fence, the little boy noticed something else stirring inside the doghouse. Slowly another little ball appeared; this One noticeably smaller. Down the ramp it slid. Then in a somewhat awkward manner the little pup began hobbling toward the others, doing its best to catch up....

“I want that one,” the little boy said, pointing to the runt. The farmer knelt down at the boy's side and said, “Son, you don’t want that puppy. He will never be able to run and play with you like these other dogs
would.” With that the little boy stepped back from the fence, reached down, and began rolling up one leg of his trousers. In doing so he revealed a steel brace running down both sides of his leg attaching itself to a specially made shoe. Looking back up at the farmer, he said, “You see sir, I don’t run too well myself, and he will need someone who understands.”

Moral: This world is full of people who need others who understand.insh'Allah

egyptballer
09-25-2009, 10:09 PM

Please Visit:
http://islamicreminders.com/

A Sense of a Goose
(Page 75)

Next autumn, when you see geese heading south for the winter, flying in a “V” formation, you might consider what science has discovered as to why they fly that way. As each bird flaps its wings, it creates uplift for the bird immediately following. By flying in a “V” formation, the whole flock adds at least 71 percent greater flying range than if each bird flew on its own.

People who share a common direction and sense of community can get where they are going more quickly and easily, because they are traveling on the thrust of one another. When a goose falls out of formation, it suddenly feels the drag and resistance of trying to go it alone and quickly gets back into formation to take advantage of the lifting power of the bird in front. If we have the sense of a goose, we will stay in formation with those people who are heading the same way we are. When the head goose gets tired, it rotates back in the wing and another goose flies point. It is sensible to take turns doing demanding jobs, whether with people or with geese flying south.

Geese honk from behind to encourage those up front to keep up their speed. What message do we give when we honk from behind? Finally - and this is important - when a goose gets sick or is wounded by gunshot, and falls out of the formation, two other geese fall out with that goose and follow it down to lend help and protection. They stay with the fallen goose until it is able to fly or until it dies; and only then do they launch out on their own, or with another formation to catch up with their own group.

Moral: We must stand by our brothers and sisters and we will be stronger when united.insh'Allah

student12322
09-25-2009, 10:28 PM
Beautiful thread akhi keep it up inshaAllah

egyptballer
11-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Are You Ready?

Source:http://www.islamcan.com/cgi-bin/incr...60588034.shtml

He was a student, probably in his early twenties. I didn’t know his name–I really didn’t care. All I know is he was going for a lay-up while playing basketball, lost his balance and fell on the ground–flat on his back.

We thought he would shake it off and continue the game–so no one really cared. To everyones surprise, he never got up. At first a few people on his team (later everyone) went up to him but he just wouldn’t reply.

CPR did no good. The ambulance personel couldn’t save him from dying. The result at the ER was no better. HE WAS DEAD!

As I came home tonight, I thought to myself, it could have been me going up for that lay-up. It is very possible that I could be laying in the cold city morgue, right this minute, as I type this e-mail.

Am I ready to die? Did I communicate with Allah today? Did I perform my daily prayers? Did I seek the pleasure of Allah?

Did I treat my parents and family with respect and love? Did I give any at all in charity (sadaqa) today? How many times did I remember Allah and recount His name?

The entire day I made time to go to school, check my e-mail, read the news, chat with friends, watch TV, play basketball…….but did I even once say “Estagfirullah”? Did I ask Allah to forgive the sins that I’ve commited today? NO! Not once.

Did I say “Elhamdulillah” other than in my daily prayers? NO! Not once my friends. Would you like to know why? Because I was too caught up with myself and my daily activities.

Well, guess what. I could have lost my life during a lay-up in a basketball game and what do I have with me? Not a thing. Nothing that I did today do I get to bring with me to the grave. Nothing.

A few words that I could have uttered were the only things that I could have brought with me. A few words that would’ve taken a few seconds of concentration out of the 24 hrs. that was alloted to me.

A few cents in charity instead of cold drinks and candy bars could have saved my soul. But I insisted to continue with my careless attitude. Thank God it wasn’t my turn to go, because I sure wasn’t ready.

Now I close my eyes and say Alhamdulillah. Now I look back and say Astagfirullah. Now I have a different attitude. Now, I want to prepare for my turn.

Moral: Did you perform your prayers today? Did you give in charity and love? Did you ask for forgiveness yet? Do you care? I’m asking because I don’t want to see you fall, knowing you aren’t ready for your turn insh’Allah.

egyptballer
01-22-2010, 07:46 PM
If you want to continue to read Islamic stories I have moved most of them to islamicreminders.com

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.