/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Non-Muslim visiting a mosque in Pakistan?

rpwelton
06-08-2009, 01:18 AM
A non-Muslim friend of mine is traveling to Pakistan for a few weeks and would like to visit a mosque while he is there. He will be going to Islamabad, as well as a few small towns near K2.

I have a few questions. Are non-Muslims allowed to enter mosques in Pakistan? I know many Muslim countries do not allow this, so I just want to find out if Pakistan is the same. If so, are there any recommended mosques to see in Islamabad?

Also, if he gets to go to a mosque, is there anything particular to Pakistani culture that he should be aware of (ie, customs or procedures when entering a mosque) other than standard Islamic etiquette?

Jazak Allah Khayrn!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zarmina
06-08-2009, 01:25 AM
Try the smaller masjids, they are usually more welcoming.

Caller الداعي
06-12-2009, 06:45 AM
i dont know any mosques that would prohibit nonmuslims from entering as long as they observe the sanctity of the mosque then theres no problem.

rpwelton
06-12-2009, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by caller
i dont know any mosques that would prohibit nonmuslims from entering as long as they observe the sanctity of the mosque then theres no problem.
Well, it tends to be more of a problem in Muslim countries.

Anyhow, he's already left for Pakistan. Jazak Alllah Khair for the replies.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Clover
06-12-2009, 02:24 PM
I plan on doing the same thing when I go to Pakistan, thats if I get sent there, I am gonna push for it, but I doubt I'll have much say in the matter.

SayyedGilaniSha
06-13-2009, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
I plan on doing the same thing when I go to Pakistan, thats if I get sent there, I am gonna push for it, but I doubt I'll have much say in the matter.
How do you get sent to Pakistan????

Clover
06-13-2009, 12:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SayyedGilaniSha
How do you get sent to Pakistan????
The Army CO you get decides your better off there.

Zafran
06-13-2009, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
The Army CO you get decides your better off there.
does america have a base in pakistan too?

Clover
06-13-2009, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
does america have a base in pakistan too?
Not that I know of, they might have a BO for the CIA, but that wouldn't be public haha, they have a Embassy.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.