/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you get prayer times?

egyptballer
06-08-2009, 01:30 AM
:sl:

I was wondering how do you get your prayer times?Also do you know which web service is most accurate?

Post.inshAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BintAbee
06-08-2009, 11:21 AM

We get it from our local Masjid or from the Jamiatul Ulama for that province that draws up a timetable for the salaah times in the different towns and cities.

:w:

noorseeker
06-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Our june time table has changed , theres is some information on the back saying in these summer months that there is not actually a night or something,

Something to do with the sun at 18 degrees ,im confused

so basically fajr starts at 1.32am, very early

nebula
06-08-2009, 03:55 PM
i usually get it from islam channel but im not sure if thats right

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tony
06-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Local mosque calendar. Also we have an Adhan clock, it seems accurate but I set it 3 mins late to make sure. You get to hear Adhan in your house too its great

ardianto
06-08-2009, 04:26 PM
From local Masjid.
And special for Azan Maghrib, we know from all television.

I am living in Bandung, Indonesia. There are hundreds masjids in Bandung city including small masjids.

EDIT : I write off masjids in satelite city and satelite towns from my list.

Rabi'ya
06-08-2009, 09:35 PM

Well we had been getting them from the local masjid. but there has been some confusion recently as one of the local Sheikhs has alerted us to the fact that this calender has been in operation since the 70s!!!! so now theya re trying to get another one drawn up but there are issues between the imams etc.

One local mosque produces a monthly timetable so I've been getting that now but who knows. It'd be nice to have unity locally :)

Yanal
06-08-2009, 10:51 PM
bro nightstar I noticed that too,they say there is no Isha prayer or something this summer,inshAllah some one will clear our doubts. I get mine every Friday from the Mosque as alhumdulilah they write it on the board so I have to remember it but some times I forget which causes me to look it up as Islamicfinder I also downloaded the Azhaan on there.

Sister_22013
06-10-2009, 01:07 AM
I use the free athan software from Islamicfinder.org, mashAllah, great program

States islamic date, has athan in different styles, daylight savings, qiblah directions, madhab differences etc and has the athan timing for my city.

Since my computer is on for most of the day, the athan just automatically plays at the time and I know it's prayer time. :statisfie

egyptballer
06-10-2009, 06:01 PM

I use the free athan software from Islamicfinder.org, mashAllah, great program

States islamic date, has athan in different styles, daylight savings, qiblah directions, madhab differences etc and has the athan timing for my city.

Since my computer is on for most of the day, the athan just automatically plays at the time and I know it's prayer time.

SOURCE:http://www.moonsighting.com/prayer.html

I have that too but the problem is I heard it has inaccurate prayer time troubles.

Islamicfinder.org has serious errors. Sometimes, sunrise and sunset time jump by several hours in one day. to see one example from IslamicFinder.org where the times jump by 3 to 4 hours in one day. Look on January 8 & 9 Sunrise time. On Jan 8, it is 7:28. On Jan 9, it is 11:14. Look on July 20 & 21 Sunset time. On July 20, it is 8:31. On July 21, it is 12:22. You can get to the same page, if you go to Islamicfinder.org, click on Norway, Click on "N" in search of a city, "Narvik". Click on "Na" in search of the same city, "Narvik". Scroll down and click on "To see more Click Next". Scroll down and click on "Narvik". Scroll down and look in the right column for Gregorian Annual Schedule. Click on "Annual Schedule".

Yanal
06-10-2009, 09:43 PM
^ I do not use Islamic Finder as the Athaan is not working for me but I do use accurate Masjid times alhumdulilah.

جوري
06-11-2009, 11:32 PM
multiple sources, plus this addon

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4270

which is generally what I use since I just stick my zip code and voila.. it is simply brilliant.. I am grateful to the people behind the invention of this program, they have done many a great service..

while my parents stick the local mosque sheet on the fridge, I sit here on the computer and know that I have 54 mins and 46 seconds to maghrib...

BlissfullyJaded
06-12-2009, 01:40 AM

^ Heh, I had no idea there was a salaah time add-on for Firefox. Cool. :D

I have a program installed on my computer for the adhaan to go off. My parents have gotten used to it too. It's cool during Ramadan, my dad sits there patiently staring at the computer as though as the adhaan will go off quicker cuz of his staring. :p

syilla
06-12-2009, 01:47 AM
:salamext:

i get it from the local masjid and also from here http://www.e-solat.gov.my/

جوري
06-12-2009, 01:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

^ Heh, I had no idea there was a salaah time add-on for Firefox. Cool. :D

I have a program installed on my computer for the adhaan to go off. My parents have gotten used to it too. It's cool during Ramadan, my dad sits there patiently staring at the computer as though as the adhaan will go off quicker cuz of his staring. :p

haha nice.. you'll really love this addon just make sure you adjust it because even shia'as apparently can use it.. it will be the default if you don't adjust it ...:D

north_malaysian
06-12-2009, 01:56 AM
i live in the state of Kedah and working in the state of Penang Island.

so I have 2 calendars with prayer times produced by religious councils from both states... the prayer time different between my home and working place is one minute...

Addie
06-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Like a lot of people on here, I get mine from the local Masjid. :)

Yanal
06-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Lol sister Jawarah.

Danah
06-13-2009, 08:37 PM
I used the salah times that sis Skye talked about but it was not accurate to my time zone...I wonder why

I have multiple sources as well..... our local masjid and ipray
http://www.guidedways.com/mobile/ipr...load_ipray.php

جوري
06-13-2009, 10:49 PM
you need to adjust it to reflect sunni Muslim sis.. did you do that?

Danah
06-14-2009, 08:14 PM
^ immm.... I did not remember that there was an option for that wa allahu a'alam, I just chose the location I am in and some prayer times were not accurate, some others worked well

جوري
06-14-2009, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
^ immm.... I did not remember that there was an option for that wa allahu a'alam, I just chose the location I am in and some prayer times were not accurate, some others worked well

yes that is a problem, you must choose method, I remember in Ramadan, when everyone was ready to breakfast and I had another hour to go on this computer, and I was screaming at everyone until my dad said, M look out the window, the sun has set lol...

anyhow, once I adjusted it, it became very accurate..
so now you most hover over icon and click the right hand of mouse, then click options, then calculations then change method. mine is on ISNA but you can have it on anything including umm al qura just remove it from the shiite ithnai 3ashr one which seems to be the defualt..

Esther462
06-20-2009, 07:55 PM
I did get my prayer times from the BBC website. Then I brougt a azan clock but I broke it. Now I get them from my local mosque.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.