/* */

PDA

View Full Version : North Korea Sentences two Americans

Clover
06-08-2009, 02:08 PM
SEOUL, South Korea (June 8) - North Korea convicted two American journalists and sentenced them Monday to 12 years of hard labor, intensifying the reclusive nation's confrontation with the United States.
http://news.aol.com/article/north-ko...nalists/395350

All I have to say is...Wow. I am seriously seeing North Korea do something that goes too far (bombing South Korea, kidnapping more people from Japan or China).

What you guys/gals think?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Zaara
06-08-2009, 02:47 PM
I first thought it was Lisa Ling in the picture, but it's her sister. I feel really sorry for the two women to get involved in this on-going fight. But it has to be expected if being a journalist and reporting from NK.
Let's see how it goes from here...

Maryan0
06-08-2009, 03:11 PM
i'm not familiar with this, were they doing something they should not have been doing? like spying?
if so than i believe they deserve whatever punishment that country see's fit, the same with that lady that was carrying drugs in that asian country, while i don't agree with everything that north korea does if you break their laws you deserve their punishment.

salam

Clover
06-08-2009, 03:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lisa0
i'm not familiar with this, were they doing something they should not have been doing? like spying?
if so than i believe they deserve whatever punishment that country see's fit, the same with that lady that was carrying drugs in that asian country, while i don't agree with everything that north korea does if you break their laws you deserve their punishment.

salam
So far that I can tell, one of them was in the country without permission, the other, well, she was with her, but I don't think that qualifies for 12 years hard labor.

They might use them as a chip to get 'humanitarian' aid.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The_Prince
06-08-2009, 04:20 PM
boringgggggggggggggggggggggggggggg. go report some REAL NEWS!

why is that everytime americans are arrested and imprisoned somewhere abroad we get lots of news coverage about it? how many none-Americans does the U.S. imprison? i dont see any news coverage for that, or what about the Israelis? up to 10,000 palis are being imprisoned and most of them with no trial, yet no coverage, but whennnnnnn a few americans get arrested then ohhhhhhhh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i had to laugh when i saw what lisa ling said on tv, ohhhh to north korea if they broke the rules then im sorry bla bla, lol now wouldnt that be nice if none americans who get arrested by the U.S. would be able to simply say sorry and be free!

if they broke the law then they broke the law and thats it, deal with it, just because their american doesnt mean they should be free or get it easy, but it seems we have so many ppl that are brainwashed into thinking that americans are superior and are on a level above everyone else, hence the reason why this silly story is even getting so much attention.

Clover
06-08-2009, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
boringgggggggggggggggggggggggggggg. go report some REAL NEWS!

why is that everytime americans are arrested and imprisoned somewhere abroad we get lots of news coverage about it? how many none-Americans does the U.S. imprison? i dont see any news coverage for that, or what about the Israelis? up to 10,000 palis are being imprisoned and most of them with no trial, yet no coverage, but whennnnnnn a few americans get arrested then ohhhhhhhh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i had to laugh when i saw what lisa ling said on tv, ohhhh to north korea if they broke the rules then im sorry bla bla, lol now wouldnt that be nice if none americans who get arrested by the U.S. would be able to simply say sorry and be free!

if they broke the law then they broke the law and thats it, deal with it, just because their american doesnt mean they should be free or get it easy, but it seems we have so many ppl that are brainwashed into thinking that americans are superior and are on a level above everyone else, hence the reason why this silly story is even getting so much attention.
I'm not a reporter.

I simply decided to post this cause I thought it was interesting cause of the North Korean problems we've been having in the world, but you've made me think twice about posting something before having someone whine about it.

Maryan0
06-08-2009, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
So far that I can tell, one of them was in the country without permission, the other, well, she was with her, but I don't think that qualifies for 12 years hard labor.

They might use them as a chip to get 'humanitarian' aid.
i dont think they deserve 12 years even if they were guilty but if you know the laws of a country and the penalties for breaking those laws than don't break them this is north korea they should have known better.

The_Prince
06-08-2009, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
I'm not a reporter.

I simply decided to post this cause I thought it was interesting cause of the North Korean problems we've been having in the world, but you've made me think twice about posting something before having someone whine about it.
:D im talking general

czgibson
06-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Greetings,
The interesting part is that North Korea has sentenced some foreigners to hard labour, not that the foreigners happened to be American.

Peace

Wyatt
06-09-2009, 05:31 AM
just because their american doesnt mean they should be free or get it easy, but it seems we have so many ppl that are brainwashed into thinking that americans are superior and are on a level above everyone else, hence the reason why this silly story is even getting so much attention.
You have that typical westerner-hating complex don't you? I too think it is annoying that people care about the ones who get caught doing something they knew the consequences for. But, I have no idea where you're coming from with stuff about Americans thinking they are superior to everyone. It has nothing to do with the topic.

Anyways, hopefully we do like Japan does- and not give them hero's welcome, but shame them for doing something as stupid as entering North Korea. If they don't die in the labour camps... :exhausted

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.