/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pakistani Villagers attack Taliban

Clover
06-08-2009, 02:52 PM
"Hundreds of residents in northern Pakistan attacked villages suspected of sheltering Taliban militants following a mosque bombing last week, authorities said Sunday."
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapc...que/index.html

Evidently, the people rose against the terrorists, and gave them terror, how ironic. I have to say, I really hope that when I get sent to do a tour, I get sent to Pakistan, yes their is still hostility, but I think Pakistan is one of the few countries I'd be better off in, in the Middle East. I'd like to go their and help them fight the Rebels.

What you guys think about this? Could this be a part of the tide that says Taliban and other groups are losing favor in the ME, and other countries.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Joe98
06-09-2009, 05:34 AM
As I heard it, the people there are not against the Talibal as such. Instead they don't like the Taliban blowing up mosques.

-

Clover
06-09-2009, 09:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
As I heard it, the people there are not against the Talibal as such. Instead they don't like the Taliban blowing up mosques.

-
Um, if they blow up their mosques, they are going to go against the Taliban, when it's them doing it.

HopeFul
06-09-2009, 09:57 AM
:sl:

I'm a pukhtun, like the Taliban, the "real" Taliban were. Pukhtuns are generally very religious as their whole society is based on Islam, the men outside, the women inside in the homes, the women protected and respected; my father once toldme when i was young that when Islam was spreading an envoy came to the people, (who are called Pukhtuns today) in the hills of Afghanistan ( which is now the territory beteen pak and Afgan ) to invite them to Islam.When they heard what Islam was like they said, ohh we are already living like Islam tells people to, it is so much in accordance with our way of life , let's accept it. So the whole pukhtun people accepted Islam, that is why there are NO pukhtuns in the world who are not Muslims,

So you can understand when we supported the "real" talibans, lots and lots of pukhtuns went to fight for them in Afghanistan when the war with america broke out. talibans were fighinting in the name of islam.

NOW, what has happened is that seeing the support for taliban in the whole of pakistan in general, there have been "other" talibans, I wouldnt believe theya re muslims as they kill innocent people, blow bombs in public in a muslim country and attack muslim people. People realised that they are not going to support taliban, but Islam, whoever attacks innocent muslim people, even if they are talibans would be fought against.

The real Talibans were good people they were religious and students of islam , but these people must have nothing to do with islam, recently there has been a a proper war in swat in which many people suffered, then there have been bombings etc in Lahore and especially peshawar, it is sick! All because of talibans

When some of the supposed Taliban were killed in Swat in encounters and their bodies recovered, they were uncircumsized, if they were real muslims, from Pakistan, they wouldnt have been uncircumsized as even the most modernised pakistanis do the surgery for their sons, hence they have come from outside to destroy Pakistanis.

I think that Pakistanis have the spirit, May Allah protect us, ameen.
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sampharo
06-09-2009, 07:17 PM

-
I am sorry, I don't get that. How can someone be "don't like" when someone BLOWS UP YOUR MASJID WITH HUNDREDS IN IT, KILLING SCORES, but still not be against them as such?

I mean how can somebody be killing from my people, fighting against me and finally have blown enough schools and now a masjid full of people that I am so outraged and motivated that I would raise arms on my own without leadership or training just to kill them come what may, and still be "not against them"?

Anyway, this is just another example of how rising against rulers even for supposed corruption is forbidden. Nothing is coming out of this but bloodshed and further weakness for all.

Zafran
06-09-2009, 07:26 PM
It is the first major battle between the residents of northwest Pakistan and Taliban militants near the Afghanistan border.

The residents are outraged over a suicide attack on a local mosque during Friday prayers that killed at least 40 people and wounded some 80 others
Salaam

that is an outrage -

Joe98
06-09-2009, 10:39 PM
It is possible that the Taliban had intended to blame the bombing on the Americans but the people knew the truth.

-

GreyKode
06-09-2009, 10:43 PM
It is possible that the Taliban had intended to blame the bombing on the Americans but the people knew the truth.

-

pffffft... yeah right.

You mean the airplane drone attacks, BinLaden-tech technologies.

جوري
06-13-2009, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GreyKode
pffffft... yeah right.

You mean the airplane drone attacks, BinLaden-tech technologies.

:haha:.. you dare mock plastic knives and super inferno resistant passports?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.