PDA

View Full Version : a question which should be be answered carefully



drahmed
06-09-2009, 11:10 AM
if someone asks you;
who is Allah?
what would you say?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Clover
06-09-2009, 11:10 AM
I would say, a god of the Muslim people.
Reply

'Abd-al Latif
06-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by Clover
I would say, a god of the Muslim people.
Incorrect. He is not the Lord of the Muslim people He is the Lord of all that exists, irregardless of race or religion, shape or form, time or dimension etc. Whether people deny that or accept is another issue but they are given the choice to do so. It's the same as you denying your biological parents but that doesn't negate the fact that they are not your parents nor does it nullify their existance.
Reply

Clover
06-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Incorrect. He is not the Lord of the Muslim people He is the Lord of all that exists, irregardless of race or religion, shape or form, time or dimension etc. Whether people deny that or accept is another issue but they are given the choice to do so. It's the same as you denying your biological parents but that doesn't negate the fact that they are not your parents nor does it nullify their existance.
...

That's your religion, not everyone's. The fact is, Allah is God, to Muslims. Not to Christians, Jews, Pagans, Buddhists, Hindus, Taoists, and others. That is why I said God to the Muslim people. He is GOD to you, but not to me, and others. Yes, he is the ruler of all that exists, to Muslims, not to others. I am not demeaning Allah, I am simply stating a true statement. Allah is god, to Muslims.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Snowflake
06-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by drahmed
if someone asks you;
who is Allah?
what would you say?
Allah. He who has Godhood - the power to create all entities.

If they need a break down then..


1. Allah
2. The Compassionate (al-Rahman)
3. The Merciful (al-Rahim)
4. The King/Sovereign (al-Malik)
5. The Holy (al-Quddus)
6. The Source of Peace (al-Salam)
7. The Giver of Faith (al-Mu'min)
8. The Overall Protector (al-Muhaimin)
9. The Strong (al-`Aziz)
10. The Almighty (al-Jabbar)
11. The Majestic (al-Mutakabbir)
12. The Creator (al-Khaliq)
13. The Maker (al-Bari')
14. The Fashioner (al-Musawwir)
15. The Great Forgiver (al-Ghaffar)
16. The Dominant (al-Qahhar)
17. The Bestower (al-Wahhab)
18. The Provider (al-Razzaq)
19. The Opener, The Reliever (al-Fattah)
20. The All-Knowing (al-`Alim)
21. The Restrainer, The Withholder (al-Qabid)
22. The Extender (al-Basit)
23. The Humbler (al-Khafid)
24. The Exalter (al-Rafi`)
25. The Empowerer (al-Mu`izz)
26. The Humiliator (al-Mudhill)
27. The All-Hearing, The Hearer (al-Sami`)
28. The All-Seeing (al-Basir)
29. The Judge (al-Hakam)
30. The Just (al-`Adl)
31. The Kindly One (al-Latif)
32. The Gracious, The Aware (al-Khabir)
33. The Clement, The Forbearing (al-Halim)
34. The Mighty (al-`Azim)
35. The Forgiving (al-Ghafur)
36. The Grateful, The Appreciative (al-Shakur)
37. The High, The Sublime (al-`Aliyy)
38. The Great (al-Kabir)
39. The Preserver (al-Hafiz)
40. The Protector, The Guardian, The Feeder, The Sustainer (al-Muqit)
41. The Reckoner (al-Hasib)
42. The Sublime One (al-Jali)
43. The Bountiful, The Gracious (al-Karim)
44. The Watcher, The Watchful (al-Raqib)
45. The Responsive, The Hearkener (al-Mujib)
46. The Infinite, The All-Embracing (al-Wasi`)
47. The Wise (al-Hakim al-Mutlaq)
48. The Loving (al-Wadud)
49. The Glorious (al-Majid)
50. The Resurrector (al-Ba`ith)
51. The Witness (al-Shahid)
52. The True (al-Haqq)
53. The Advocate (al-Wakil)
54. The Most Strong (al-Qawiyy)
55. The Firm (al-Matin)
56. The Patron (al-Waliyy)
57. The Praiseworthy (al-Hamid)
58. The Numberer (al-Muhsi)
59. The Commencer (al-Mubdi)
60. The Restorer (al-Mu`id)
61. The Giver of Life (al-Muhyi)
62. The One Who Gives Death (al-Mumit)
63. The Living One (al-Hayy)
64. The Self-Subsisting (al-Qayyum)
65. The Perceiver (al-Wajid)
66. The One (al-Wahid)
67. The Independent (al-Samad)
68. The Powerful (al-Qadir)
69. The Dominant (al-Muqtadir)
70. The Giver (al-Muqaddim)
71. The Retarder (al-Mu'akhkhir)
72. The First (al-Awwal)
73. The Last (al-Akhir)
74. The Manifest (al-Zahir)
75. The Hidden (al-Batin)
76. The Governor (al-Wali)
77. The High Exalted (al-Muta`ali)
78. The Righteous (al-Barr)
79. The Relenting (al-Tawwab)
80. The Forgiver (al-`Afuww)
81. The Avenger (al-Muntaquim)
82. The Compassionate (al-Ra'uf)
83. The Ruler of the Kingdom (Malik al-Mulk)
84. The Lord of Majesty and Bounty (Dhu'l-Jalal wa'l-Ikram)
85. The Equitable (al-Muqsit)
86. The Gatherer, The Collector (al-Jami`)
87. The Self-Sufficient (al-Ghani)
88. The Enricher (al-Mughni)
89. The Bestower (al-Mu`ti)
90. The Withholder (al-Mani`)
91. The Propitious (al-Nafi`)
92. The Distresser (al-Darr)
93. The Light (al-Nur)
94. The Guide (al-Hadi)
95. The Eternal (al-Azali)
96. The Everlasting (al-Baqi)
97. The Heir (al-Warith)
98. The Guide to the Right Path (al-Rashid)
99. The Patient (al-Sabur)
Reply

Clover
06-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Allah. He who has Godhood - the power to create all entities.

If they need a break down then..


1. Allah
2. The Compassionate (al-Rahman)
3. The Merciful (al-Rahim)
4. The King/Sovereign (al-Malik)
5. The Holy (al-Quddus)
6. The Source of Peace (al-Salam)
7. The Giver of Faith (al-Mu'min)
8. The Overall Protector (al-Muhaimin)
9. The Strong (al-`Aziz)
10. The Almighty (al-Jabbar)
11. The Majestic (al-Mutakabbir)
12. The Creator (al-Khaliq)
13. The Maker (al-Bari')
14. The Fashioner (al-Musawwir)
15. The Great Forgiver (al-Ghaffar)
16. The Dominant (al-Qahhar)
17. The Bestower (al-Wahhab)
18. The Provider (al-Razzaq)
19. The Opener, The Reliever (al-Fattah)
20. The All-Knowing (al-`Alim)
21. The Restrainer, The Withholder (al-Qabid)
22. The Extender (al-Basit)
23. The Humbler (al-Khafid)
24. The Exalter (al-Rafi`)
25. The Empowerer (al-Mu`izz)
26. The Humiliator (al-Mudhill)
27. The All-Hearing, The Hearer (al-Sami`)
28. The All-Seeing (al-Basir)
29. The Judge (al-Hakam)
30. The Just (al-`Adl)
31. The Kindly One (al-Latif)
32. The Gracious, The Aware (al-Khabir)
33. The Clement, The Forbearing (al-Halim)
34. The Mighty (al-`Azim)
35. The Forgiving (al-Ghafur)
36. The Grateful, The Appreciative (al-Shakur)
37. The High, The Sublime (al-`Aliyy)
38. The Great (al-Kabir)
39. The Preserver (al-Hafiz)
40. The Protector, The Guardian, The Feeder, The Sustainer (al-Muqit)
41. The Reckoner (al-Hasib)
42. The Sublime One (al-Jali)
43. The Bountiful, The Gracious (al-Karim)
44. The Watcher, The Watchful (al-Raqib)
45. The Responsive, The Hearkener (al-Mujib)
46. The Infinite, The All-Embracing (al-Wasi`)
47. The Wise (al-Hakim al-Mutlaq)
48. The Loving (al-Wadud)
49. The Glorious (al-Majid)
50. The Resurrector (al-Ba`ith)
51. The Witness (al-Shahid)
52. The True (al-Haqq)
53. The Advocate (al-Wakil)
54. The Most Strong (al-Qawiyy)
55. The Firm (al-Matin)
56. The Patron (al-Waliyy)
57. The Praiseworthy (al-Hamid)
58. The Numberer (al-Muhsi)
59. The Commencer (al-Mubdi)
60. The Restorer (al-Mu`id)
61. The Giver of Life (al-Muhyi)
62. The One Who Gives Death (al-Mumit)
63. The Living One (al-Hayy)
64. The Self-Subsisting (al-Qayyum)
65. The Perceiver (al-Wajid)
66. The One (al-Wahid)
67. The Independent (al-Samad)
68. The Powerful (al-Qadir)
69. The Dominant (al-Muqtadir)
70. The Giver (al-Muqaddim)
71. The Retarder (al-Mu'akhkhir)
72. The First (al-Awwal)
73. The Last (al-Akhir)
74. The Manifest (al-Zahir)
75. The Hidden (al-Batin)
76. The Governor (al-Wali)
77. The High Exalted (al-Muta`ali)
78. The Righteous (al-Barr)
79. The Relenting (al-Tawwab)
80. The Forgiver (al-`Afuww)
81. The Avenger (al-Muntaquim)
82. The Compassionate (al-Ra'uf)
83. The Ruler of the Kingdom (Malik al-Mulk)
84. The Lord of Majesty and Bounty (Dhu'l-Jalal wa'l-Ikram)
85. The Equitable (al-Muqsit)
86. The Gatherer, The Collector (al-Jami`)
87. The Self-Sufficient (al-Ghani)
88. The Enricher (al-Mughni)
89. The Bestower (al-Mu`ti)
90. The Withholder (al-Mani`)
91. The Propitious (al-Nafi`)
92. The Distresser (al-Darr)
93. The Light (al-Nur)
94. The Guide (al-Hadi)
95. The Eternal (al-Azali)
96. The Everlasting (al-Baqi)
97. The Heir (al-Warith)
98. The Guide to the Right Path (al-Rashid)
99. The Patient (al-Sabur)
His Birth Record must be very long :D
Reply

Uthman
06-09-2009, 11:37 AM
I would describe Allah as he has described himself in Surah Al-Fatihah, verse number 2.

He is the Rabb of all that exists. I suppose you could translate Rabb as Lord but, in reality, that word fails to capture the entire meaning of the word Rabb.

English is so limited when compared to Arabic.
Reply

crayon
06-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Clover
His Birth Record must be very long :D
He begets not, nor was He begotten 112:3
Reply

Clover
06-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by crayon
He begets not, nor was He begotten 112:3
He is Allah, the One! (1) Allah, the eternally Besought of all! (2) He begetteth not nor was begotten. (3) And there is none comparable unto Him. (4)
I kinda figured he would not be begotten, like the Christian God, and I assume the Jewish God is, I was just making a joke, thanks for the correction.
Reply

crayon
06-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Yeah I know it wasn't meant to be serious, I was just sayin'. :)
Reply

glo
06-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Clover
...

That's your religion, not everyone's. The fact is, Allah is God, to Muslims. Not to Christians, Jews, Pagans, Buddhists, Hindus, Taoists, and others. That is why I said God to the Muslim people.
Personally, and speaking as a Christian I disagree.
Allah is the arabic name for the God I believe in too. (Not all Muslims/Christians would agree with me, hence this is my personal understanding)

So I agree with 'Abd-al Latif's statement.
Whatever name or concept we attach to God, it doesn't make him any more or less that he is: He is God, always has been, always will be!
Reply

Clover
06-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by glo
Personally, and speaking as a Christian I disagree.
Allah is the arabic name for the God I believe in too. (Not all Muslims/Christians would agree with me, hence this is my personal understanding)

So I agree with 'Abd-al Latif's statement.
Whatever name or concept we attach to God, it doesn't make him any more or less that he is: He is God, always has been, always will be!
Yes, but many Christians (around 85% I've talked with) say Allah is not their God, so I figured not to make that assumption when it might have offended someone. Sorry for making my other assumption if it offended you.

To your religion, yes, but not to others. That is my point. He is everything to you, but maybe not to the guy thats riding beside you on the bus.
Reply

'Abd-al Latif
06-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Clover
...

That's your religion, not everyone's. The fact is, Allah is God, to Muslims. Not to Christians, Jews, Pagans, Buddhists, Hindus, Taoists, and others. That is why I said God to the Muslim people. He is GOD to you, but not to me, and others. Yes, he is the ruler of all that exists, to Muslims, not to others. I am not demeaning Allah, I am simply stating a true statement. Allah is god, to Muslims.
The word Allah is a unique name because the word Al (in Allah) means "The", "Only", "Exclusive" and the word Lah (in Allah) means The one worthy of worship and praise. So when you say Allah it makes compelte sense of what 'a' god should be and is.

Allah is the same Lord that created the Heavens and the Earth and everything in it alone, without assistance from another.

He is the One who sent Prophets and Messengers from Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus to Muhammad (pbub).

He is the same One who revealed the Torah to Moses and the Gospel to Jesus. And He is the same god mankind worship besides Him, even though it is He alone who responds to the call of the destressed.

From a purely rational view, there can only be 1 god. Muslims do not claim Allah to be their god which is some kind of mystical and ambigious god because He is Lord of all that exists and there is no other god besides Him.

Allah says:

...the Lord and Cherisher of Mankind,

The King (or Ruler) of Mankind,

The god (or judge) of Mankind,-


[Qur'an 114:1-3]

Originally Posted by Clover
His Birth Record must be very long :D
Oh really? Allah says:

Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

And there is none like unto Him.
[Qur'an: 122]
Reply

Muslim Woman
06-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Salaam/Peace

Originally Posted by Clover
Yes, but many Christians (around 85% I've talked with) say Allah is not their God, .
U asked any Arab Christians ?
Reply

Clover
06-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
The word Allah is a unique name because the word Al (in Allah) means "The", "Only", "Exclusive" and the word Lah (in Allah) means The one worthy of worship and praise. So when you say Allah it makes compelte sense of what 'a' god should be and is.

Allah is the same Lord that created the Heavens and the Earth and everything in it without assistance from another.

He is the One who sent Prophets and Messengers from Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus to Muhammad (pbub).

He is the One who revealed the Torah to Moses and the Gossiple to Jesus. And He is the same god mankind worship besides Him, even though it is He alone who responds to the call of the destressed.

From a purely rational view, there can only be 1 god. Muslims do not claim Allah to be their god which is some kind of mystical and ambigious god He is god of all that exists.

Allah says:

...the Lord and Cherisher of Mankind,

The King (or Ruler) of Mankind,

The god (or judge) of Mankind,-


[Qur'an 114:1-3]



Oh really? Allah says:

Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

And there is none like unto Him.
[Qur'an: 122]
I know, I know, I know! Allah is god of everything, to MUSLIMS, not to some others, and that's my point, a point your helping me reinforce here, but seem to think your arguing it. I am not going to debate my point anymore, cause saying that over and over doesn't change it.

It was a joke, maybe you didn't catch that? O well, some jokes are meant to die without getting a laugh.

Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam/Peace



U asked any Arab Christians ?
I do not know, I never looked up their race/culture/nationality.
Reply

Muslim Woman
06-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Salaam/Peace

Originally Posted by Clover
.....
I do not know, I never looked up their race/culture/nationality.
We must not hate or degrade anyone just because of his/her race / culture/ nationality but to understand their veiw , it's important to consider the background.

I remember , in the Catholic forum , when some Christians write that Allah is Satan etc ; then few protested & informed that they are Arab Christians & they call God as Allah.
Reply

Clover
06-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam/Peace



We must not hate or degrade anyone just because of his/her race / culture/ nationality but to understand their veiw , it's important to consider the background.

I remember , in the Catholic forum , when some Christians write that Allah is Satan etc ; then few protested & informed that they are Arab Christians & they call God as Allah.
I do not look at the background cause usually people judge, so I kept myself away from the temptation of judging.

I have heard that same in a Catholic and a Protestant (but it was for all) forums. They usually said "Allah is not God, Allah is a different God, that the Muslims believe is our god". I believe Christians (the ones that see it that way) see that cause Muhammed came after the Bible was written, so they see it as a fake religion, because its much younger. No offense meant to Islam, just stating my opinoin on their reasoning, and I was told this was the reason of some, by themselves.
Reply

glo
06-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Clover
Yes, but many Christians (around 85% I've talked with) say Allah is not their God, so I figured not to make that assumption when it might have offended someone. Sorry for making my other assumption if it offended you.

To your religion, yes, but not to others. That is my point. He is everything to you, but maybe not to the guy thats riding beside you on the bus.
Don't worry, I'm not offended at all. :) I still think that the Abrahamic religions at least all worship the same God, but that thei human concept of that same God is very different (if that makes sense ...)
And no, I cannot speak for that guy next to me on the bus. He may have very different views indeed, and that is his right. :)

Oh, and sorry about the cut off rep ... I hadn't quite finished the sentence. :D
Hence this post for further information.
Reply

drahmed
06-09-2009, 12:52 PM
thanks for beautiful replies

I want to answer my question from Quran

because

Allah says;

''...Nothing have We omitted from the Book...'' Quran,6:38

so my answer is:

''...

95. It is Allah Who causeth the seed-grain and the date-stone to split and sprout. He causeth the living to issue from the dead, and He is the One to cause the dead to issue from the living. That is Allah: then how are ye deluded away from the truth?

96. He it is that cleaveth the day-break (from the dark): He makes the night for rest and tranquillity, and the sun and moon for the reckoning (of time): Such is the judgment and ordering of (Him), the Exalted in Power, the Omniscient.

97. It is He Who maketh the stars (as beacons) for you, that ye may guide yourselves, with their help, through the dark spaces of land and sea: We detail Our Signs for people who know.

98. It is He Who hath produced you from a single soul: then there is a nesting place and a repository: We detail Our Signs for people who understand.

99. It is He Who sendeth down rain from the skies: with it We produce vegetation of all kinds: from some We produce green (crops), out of which We produce grain, heaped up (at harvest); out of the date-palm and its sheaths (or spathes) (come) clusters of dates hanging low and near: and (then there are) gardens of grapes, and olives, and pomegranates, each similar (in kind) yet different (in variety): when they begin to bear fruit, feast your eyes with the fruit and the ripeness thereof. Behold! in these things there are Signs for people who believe.

100. Yet they make the Jinns equals with Allah, though Allah did create the Jinns; and they falsely, having no knowledge, attribute to Him sons and daughters. Praise and glory be to Him! (for He is) above what they attribute to Him!

101. Wonderful Originator of the heavens and the earth: How can He have a son when He hath no consort? He created all things, and He hath full knowledge of all things.

102. That is Allah, your Lord! there is no god but He, the Creator of all things: then worship ye Him: and He hath power to dispose of all affairs.

103. No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision: He is Subtle well-aware (of all things).

104. "Now have come to you, from your Lord, proofs (to open your eyes): if any will see, it will be for (the good of) his own soul; if any will be blind, it will be to his own (harm): I am not (here) to watch over your doings."

...''
Quran,6:95-104
Reply

Clover
06-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by glo
Don't worry, I'm not offended at all. :) I still think that the Abrahamic religions at least all worship the same God, but that thei human concept of that same God is very different (if that makes sense ...)
And no, I cannot speak for that guy next to me on the bus. He may have very different views indeed, and that is his right. :)

Oh, and sorry about the cut off rep ... I hadn't quite finished the sentence. :D
Hence this post for further information.
I wouldn't call it human concept, I'd call it different sources for the same god. Muslims have the Quran, Christians have the Bible, Jews have the Torah. They are all different sources, to the same God, is that what your saying?
Reply

glo
06-09-2009, 01:15 PM
I am saying that God is God is God, whatever name we give him, however we understand him to be, even whether we believe in him or not ...

Our understanding of God can never be perfect - perfection is not within our human nature (at least I believe not).
God is not dependent on our understanding. He is God, regardless of what we say, think or believe about him.

As for our holy books, yes I believe they all point to God and reflect our understanding of God - but again, that doesn't make them all equally right and true.
(Which one is right and true will of course depend on who you ask ... :))
Reply

Tony
06-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Allah is my friend, my Lord and my creator. Subhan Allah
Reply

Muezzin
06-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Thread moved to its more natural home of Advice and Support.
Reply

Clover
06-09-2009, 01:48 PM
I thought it might need to be moved, but didn't think it was my place to say where.
Reply

- IqRa -
06-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by drahmed
if someone asks you;
who is Allah?
what would you say?
SubhanAllah

Simple question, Simple answer:

Say: He is Allah, the One and Only!
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begets not nor is He begotten.
And there is none like unto Him.
[Qur'an, Chapter 112]
Reply

Banu_Hashim
06-09-2009, 04:28 PM
I would say Allah is the creator of mankind, of the earth, the universe, everything you can see as well as the heavens and everything that is unseen. I would also say Allah is only deity worthy of worship.

Originally Posted by Clover
Yes, but many Christians (around 85% I've talked with) say Allah is not their God, so I figured not to make that assumption when it might have offended someone. Sorry for making my other assumption if it offended you.

To your religion, yes, but not to others. That is my point. He is everything to you, but maybe not to the guy thats riding beside you on the bus.
Christians where I live would probably say the same. But theologically, Allah is the same for all 3 Abrahamic faiths. Maybe the responses you received, (and no doubt I will receive when I ask them) were because of their limited knowledge of Arabic and misconceptions they have of the true meaning of 'Allah'? Have you spoken to Arab Christians and Jews? Ask them what they call 'God' and what it means for them?

Linguistically, "Allah" can not be made feminine, plural etc. One stylistic feature used in the Qur'an is that God speaks directly to people (e.g. 56: 57-73) and to the Prophet, often using 'We', the first person plural of Majesty, to represent Himself.
Reply

drahmed
06-09-2009, 06:30 PM
two angels will come and ask to us such as this question , when we die...
then, we'll remember that;
we discussed what we would answer such as this question, in the internet...

''...you will die and as they will...''
Quran,39:30

finally, if we can answer that question by reading Quran,112:1-3
it will be perfect!....


if people think about death deeply, most of them will change their lifes
do not forget please
we will die to birth again
Reply

Clover
06-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
I would say Allah is the creator of mankind, of the earth, the universe, everything you can see as well as the heavens and everything that is unseen. I would also say Allah is only deity worthy of worship.



Christians where I live would probably say the same. But theologically, Allah is the same for all 3 Abrahamic faiths. Maybe the responses you received, (and no doubt I will receive when I ask them) were because of their limited knowledge of Arabic and misconceptions they have of the true meaning of 'Allah'? Have you spoken to Arab Christians and Jews? Ask them what they call 'God' and what it means for them?

Linguistically, "Allah" can not be made feminine, plural etc. One stylistic feature used in the Qur'an is that God speaks directly to people (e.g. 56: 57-73) and to the Prophet, often using 'We', the first person plural of Majesty, to represent Himself.
I have answered this question when I was talking with Muslim Woman. I know 1 Jew, he was a great guy, never asked him about his religion.
Reply

AnonymousPoster
06-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by drahmed
if someone asks you;
who is Allah?
what would you say?
Media Tags are no longer supported
Reply

ragdollcat1982
06-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by Clover
...

That's your religion, not everyone's. The fact is, Allah is God, to Muslims. Not to Christians, Jews, Pagans, Buddhists, Hindus, Taoists, and others. That is why I said God to the Muslim people. He is GOD to you, but not to me, and others. Yes, he is the ruler of all that exists, to Muslims, not to others. I am not demeaning Allah, I am simply stating a true statement. Allah is god, to Muslims.


You are very wrong Clover. Allah is the Arabic word for God. Arab Christians use the same term when they refer to God. Allah is the same God for Jews, Christians and Muslims alike . All of the People of the Book worship the same God. Pagans worship mythical beings, this would include Hindus, various pagan groups throughout the world. My understanding is that as a general rule Buddihism is a non thesistic religion and isnt Taosim one as well?
Reply

Clover
06-09-2009, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by ragdollcat1982
You are very wrong Clover. Allah is the Arabic word for God. Arab Christians use the same term when they refer to God. Allah is the same God for Jews, Christians and Muslims alike . All of the People of the Book worship the same God. Pagans worship mythical beings, this would include Hindus, various pagan groups throughout the world. My understanding is that as a general rule Buddihism is a non thesistic religion and isnt Taosim one as well?
I am not wrong. You aren't either to be honest. Yes, to some Christians, and maybe some Jews, Allah is the same God as their's, but many Christians I talked to, believed God was not Allah. That they were two different gods, one true, one false.

That can be debated. Buddhism has some people who, we would call theistic, and then others non-theistic.

Taoism can be both. I know some Christians who are "Taoists" as a philosophy, while their are others, like me, who are Taoist religion and philosophy, it all depends on the person's faith in a "god", I cannot see how you can be a Christian-Taoist, but their are people who claim it, and I do not challenge their beliefs, cause I don't really care what they believe, it's their opinoin.
Reply

Ummu Sufyaan
06-10-2009, 10:53 AM
:sl:
i would answer the lord of the heavens and the earth...or something alone those lines.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 06:45 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 07:30 PM
  3. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 03:10 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!