/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Live Each Day As If It Were Your Last

- IqRa -
06-09-2009, 03:01 PM
"Live Each Day As If It Were Your Last... Tomorrow is Not Promised."

Sometimes people come into your life and you know right away that they were meant to be there, they serve some sort of purpose, teach you a lesson or help figure out who you are and who you want to become. You never know who these people may be: they can be your neighbor, child, long lost friend, lover, or even complete stranger who, when you lock eyes with them, you know at that very moment that they will affect your life in some profound way. And sometimes things happen to you and at the time they seem painful and unfair, but in reflection you realize that without overcoming those obstacles you would have never realized your potential strength, will power, or heart.

Everything happens for a reason. Nothing happens by chance or by means of good or bad luck. Illness, injury, love, lost moments of true greatness and sheer stupidity all occur to test the limits of your soul.Without these small tests, whether they be events, illnesses or relationships, life would be like a smoothly paved straight flat road to nowhere, safe and comfortable, but dull and utterly pointless.

• The people you meet who affect your life and the successes and downfalls you experience create who you are, and even the bad experiences can be learned from, In fact, they are probably the poignant and important ones.

• If someone hurts you, betrays you or breaks your heart, forgive them, for they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious to whom you open your heart...

• If someone loves you, love them back unconditionally, not only because they love you, but because they are teaching you to love and opening your heart and eyes to things you would have never seen or felt without them.

• Make every day count. Appreciate every moment and take from it everything that you possibly can, for you may never be able to experience it again...

• Talk to people you have never talked to before, and actually listen, let yourself fall in love, break free and set your sights high... Hold your head up because you have every right too. Tell yourself you are a great individual and believe in yourself... for if you don't believe in yourself, no one else will believe in you either. You can make of your life anything you wish. Create your own life and then go out and live in it!

"Live Each Day As If It Were Your Last... Tomorrow is Not Promised."

http://hubpages.com/hub/Live_Each_Da...Were_Your_Last

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
06-09-2009, 03:09 PM
:sl:

nice post :) good reminder. but there was a scholar(i forget who and ishALlah i will try to find it on youtube) who gave a talk about how we shouldn't live as if it is our last day in many aspects. We still have to live as if there is tomorrow in a lot of ways. hmmm, it was a while ago i listened to it but inshAllah ill find it again :)

- IqRa -
06-09-2009, 04:01 PM
yes but i mean in a another context like to as many good deeds as you can because you dont know whether you will live tomorrow so strive towards paradise as much as you can

~Taalibah~
06-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Inspiring post sis. Jazakallah.

format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

nice post :) good reminder. but there was a scholar(i forget who and ishALlah i will try to find it on youtube) who gave a talk about how we shouldn't live as if it is our last day in many aspects. We still have to live as if there is tomorrow in a lot of ways. hmmm, it was a while ago i listened to it but inshAllah ill find it again :)
Literally, yes, we definitely have to. But like the sis explained for ceratin things its better.:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- IqRa -
06-11-2009, 08:39 AM
your welcome sister

Strzelecki
06-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Thank you very much.
We all need to be reminded of this constantly.

JazakiAllahu kheyr.

- IqRa -
06-11-2009, 10:31 AM
may Allah reward you too bother

- IqRa -
06-11-2009, 10:31 AM
i meant brother oops

An-Nughair
06-14-2009, 11:17 PM
Such a beautiful and beneficial thread, Jazakallahu Khayran E.E. :D

- IqRa -
06-15-2009, 08:01 AM
Wa Iyaaki

- IqRa -
09-03-2009, 12:42 PM
:bump:....

GuestFellow
09-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Mashallah good post. A very good reminder.

cat eyes
09-03-2009, 04:32 PM
that post was very meaningful and true, i just wish some things in life did not have to hurt so much and take long to get overimsad if it takes months or years to get over i hope i learn something by it

Rabi Mansur
09-03-2009, 04:35 PM

Very inspiring post. Thanks for giving me something to think about today.

Peace.

Cabdullahi
09-04-2009, 10:09 AM
nice mashallah! we used to get advice giving threads like these from an ex member before

- IqRa -
09-25-2009, 08:03 AM
...:bump:...

student12322
09-25-2009, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A

Sometimes people come into your life and you know right away that they were meant to be there, they serve some sort of purpose, teach you a lesson or help figure out who you are and who you want to become. You never know who these people may be: they can be your neighbor, child, long lost friend, lover, [/B].

i can tell you didnt get this from a Muslim site

The real reason to live each day as your last is found in the hadith at the end of this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkEBUC0APMg

[Sahih Bukhari : Volume 8, Book 76, Number 425]

Narrated Mujahid (Radi Allah Anhu): 'Abdullah bin 'Umar (Radi Allah Anhu) said, "Allah's Apostle (sal-allahu-alleihi-wasallam) took hold of my shoulder and said, 'Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveler." The sub-narrator added: Ibn 'Umar used to say, "If you survive till the evening, do not expect to be alive in the morning, and if you survive till the morning, do not expect to be alive in the evening, and take from your health for your sickness, and (take) from your life for your death."

_PakistaN_
09-25-2009, 09:17 PM
bro T.I.A i sujjest u do not give out any info or answer questions which u do not have full knowledge. i have found some wrong answers u have been giving me and i have corrected the mistakes. so i urge u not to answer questions people ask unless u are 100% sure.

- IqRa -
09-28-2009, 08:10 AM
I tell as I have been told.

smile
10-01-2009, 10:46 AM
KAL HO NAA HO

tommorow might not be!

Fטлку
10-01-2009, 10:53 AM
:bravo:
Nice thread ^_^

format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A

If someone hurts you, betrays you or breaks your heart, forgive them, for they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious to whom you open your heart...
There's also another reason for forgiving them→ nothing annoys them more ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.