/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tel Aviv has 936 lawsuits against them for Gaza assault

جوري
06-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Tel Aviv has 936 lawsuits against them for Gaza assault
Israel set for blizzard of war crimes charges

Winning one case

Structural damage in Gaza was estimated at $ 1.6 billion (Courtesy of PCHR)

CAIRO (AlArabiya.net)

Israel was set to face an avalanche of war crimes lawsuits from Palestinian lawyers who accused Tel Aviv of dozens of crimes five months after its three week assault on the Gaza Strip, the German daily Der Spiegel reported Saturday.

A group of Palestinian lawyers filed 936 lawsuits against Israel's Defense Forces (IDF) and the cases will soon be heard in Spain's National Court under universal jurisdiction, Iyad al-Alami, head of the Palestinian Center for Human Rights (PCHR), said.

PCHR's attorneys are collecting evidence of human rights violations and war crimes committed against unarmed civilians.

Accusations ranged fromshooting children and women at close range to the illegal use of white phosphorus bombs on civilians as well as attacks on ambulances and razing civilians' houses.

Hundreds of lawsuits were filed against Israel for war crimes against civilians including children

Structural damage in Gaza was estimated at $ 1.6 billion.

Other than PCHR, there are dozens of attorneys from Britain, Norway, New Zealand, the Netherlands and Spain working on lawsuits against Israel andwhich will be filed under the principle of universal jurisdiction, which studies cases of war crimes, genocide, torture and crimes against humanity.

Six attorneys in Norway filed a lawsuit for human rights violations against Israel and are seeking a European arrest warrant against senior Israeli officials, one of whom is former prime minister Ehud Olmert.

Winning one case
" Winning a case, just one, would be enough and then I would retire immediately, because I would have achieved everything "
Iyad al Alami, PCHR

Israel launched a ground, sea and air raid on the Gaza Strip on Dec. 27 2008 for three weeks and killedmore than 1,300 civilians, mostly women and children and wounded more than 5,000.

Following the bloody assault, rights heavy weights like Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International released reports with evidence of human rights violations in Gaza, including the use of white phosphorous bombs on civilians.

A United Nations fact finding mission dispatched to Gaza in March to investigate the fallout of the Gaza war and confirmed reports of Tel Aviv's misconduct and war crimes during the war.

But al-Alami said that PCHR's legal team is launching its legal battle independent of efforts of international organizations. "Winning a case, just one, would be enough [and] then I would retire immediately, because I would have achieved everything," al-Alami was quoted as saying.

Spain's National Court in Madrid is the first court to consider lawsuits filed against the Israeli government for its recent Gaza offensive.

The court previously issued an arrest warrant against former Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet and it is now investigating allegations of detainee torture at America's controversial military prison in Cuba, Guantanamo Bay.

One of the court's judges is also investigating three Chinese cabinet ministers and other high-ranking Communist Party officials for their role in suppressing the Tibetan uprising in 2008.

The Palestinian Center for Human Rights (PCHR) is a Non Government Organisation based in Gaza City dedicated to protecting human rights, promoting the rule of law and upholding democratic principles in the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2009/06/07/75137.html

--
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

--
Integral_Perspectives@yahoogroups.com
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/I..._Perspectives/

--
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." --Martin Luther King Jr.

--
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sister_Zee
06-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Salaam,

Hope some of these law suits hit its mark and the Israelis actaully get punished for what they did, though lets face we all know what is going to happen.

جوري
06-09-2009, 08:36 PM
pls that will be the day.. do you have any idea how many U.N and international laws they are in violation of that nothing is being done about..

These are folks who see no shame and have purchased all media outlets to brain wash the masses of their woes (which I may add weren't caused by Muslims)

:w:

Sister_Zee
06-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Yes I know sis. They will get punished for sure if not in this life then in the next of course but it would be nice to be in our life time so we could see it.

wasalaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
06-09-2009, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
pls that will be the day.. do you have any idea how many U.N and international laws they are in violation of that nothing is being done about..

These are folks who see no shame and have purchased all media outlets to brain wash the masses of their woes (which I may add weren't caused by Muslims)

:w:
I know it is awful. I pray to Allah that the Israel shall be punished for their crimes.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran is being portrayed as a dictator by the American political system due to speaking against Zionism.

America only supports Israel and silences those who speak against them.

Zafran
06-09-2009, 09:16 PM
salaam

The UN cant do anything because america keeps Vetoing the whole thing.

peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.