/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with net hate

Subod
06-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Hello,

I am new here but was inspired to join due to offensive material I have read on the internet. I enjoy online communities but feel there is an anti muslim stance that I am not sure how to deal with.

Should you ignore such ignorance or challenge it?

Im not sure if Im allowed to post an example of this but I find it very frustrating.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ghengis
06-10-2009, 12:39 AM
sup buddy...

ignore completely.... its a chance for u to be grateful u are muslim.

sometimes people offend cos its a pasttime for them... they enjoy it. and they enjoy it more when u respond...

lol...

i find it funny ....

ghengis
06-10-2009, 12:44 AM
u may find a lot of strange anti-islamic/ or if not anti... definately stopping progression of islamic convo on this site....

remember.

on the net... u dont know who u are talkin too.... people can pretend to be muslim.

people might be 13 yrs old and getting kicks.... 70yrs old and staunch in their views.

so when u respond to them.... dont take it seriously.....

it could be anyone..... :)

GuestFellow
06-10-2009, 12:49 AM
I would ignore it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Clover
06-10-2009, 12:53 AM
Listen to your gut. If your like me, you do both. Choose to ignore those who's ignorance runs deep and they refuse to give it up. Pursue those that are ignorant simply because they know no better.

جوري
06-10-2009, 01:09 AM
I think when you reply to hate you increase the hits to their website, and it makes them more popular ( I used to make it my life to correct stereotypes) especially about Muslim women, then I soon gave up, used to make me neglect other duties and I gained nothing by the end of the day save feeling really sad, depressed and drained ..

you know when people are hateful, all you can do is rile them up, they are not actually interested in what you write, they are interested in a particular stereotype that they can dump on until the cows come home.

The best way to beat a stereotype is to challenge it by being the best person you can be .. people who psychobabble all day long end up in the psych. ward with frequent injections with Haloperidol..

if the opportunity presents itself, i.e you are face to face with a racist, then if you are prepared say your peace, but if you feel your life is in mortal danger then honestly it isn't worth it at all ( at all).. I have known of some sisters of whom some morons tried to run them off the road and asked them off public transportation after 911.. you know what are you going to do, stand there and reason with someone who wants to kill you?

No--wisdom is best.. just don't even bother with folks like that, they only feed off your feedback...

:w:

Yanal
06-10-2009, 01:17 AM
Its the same for me as a 13 year old and some people being atheists or a different religion. Because some people might categorize us differently due to different statistics but just ignore it brother.

redblackmask
06-10-2009, 02:35 AM
Don't give them a second thought, man. The stereotypes that Muslim haters on the net come up with are DISGUSTING and not an accurate representation of Muslim people. If you reply, you are just fueling the purpose of why they did what they did in the first place: To get attention and get noticed.

Continue being a Muslim. God is great and he will put them in their place accordingly.

glo
06-10-2009, 07:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
Its the same for me as a 13 year old and some people being atheists or a different religion. Because some people might categorize us differently due to different statistics but just ignore it brother.
I think you are very right there, Alpha Jr.

The truth is that people seem to express themselves much more readily and openly in internet communities. After all, forums such as this are pretty safe places, and our identities are safe.
Therefore people can say things about and to each other, which they probably wouldn't say to another person face-to-face in the street.

I think it is important to remember that behind our avatars and signatures are real people with real lives and real feelings - and we should post to each other with that in mind.

I should ask myself 'If I met LI member 'X' face to face in the real world, would I be glad or would I feel ashamed about things we both know I have posted in the forum?'

We should all try to use these internet communities to spread peace and joy ... after all there is enough hatred and discrimination out there already, without us adding to it!

And to the OP, if you find other communities unfriendly towards you, remember that nothing stops you from making the first step towards friendship and peace. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.