/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Longing for Jannah

Tony
06-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Does anyone else find themselves suddenly really pining for Jannah to come quickly ? I mean hoping thats where I am going, but sometimes its like an aching feeling that I cannot wait to be with the brothers and sisters in a pure state, all people genuine and no agendas. I get this and find myself wishing it was namaz time, seems to be the nearest I can get to Allah at present is praying. I also get this urgency that I should be filling every moment in serving Allah, but not sure how to do it.Does this make sense to anyone and, cant help thinking that the pining for Jannah is somehow wrong or not quite right , not sure why. Sorry if other threads already covered this, really want to understand this feeling, and have got a suspiscion that it means Im not getting my Islam quite rightimsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tony
06-10-2009, 10:49 AM
:bump1:

Uthman
06-10-2009, 11:29 AM
I don't think it's wrong at all. Did Allah's final messenger not tell us that this world is like a prison for the believers? :)

glo
06-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Hi Tony

I hope you don't mind me sharing my views as a Christian. :)

I agree with you, that prayer is possibly the most important way of drawing into the presence of God and expressing our worship to him.

As a Muslim, are you required to stick to the prayer times? I mean, can you not pray (if not salah, then at least dua) outside those times?

Speaking for myself personally, I don’t think I spend much time thinking about paradise. Of course it will be the most wonderful place, in the presence of God, without pain and fear and hatred and sin …
But I am firmly grounded in this earthly life, and I have a very strong sense of being called as God’s worker into this life – so for the time being I love this life God has given me and I want to make the most of it!

So in answer to your question how you can fill your life every moment serving Allah, I think the answer is quite obvious: serve God by serving his creation.
How do we serve our brothers and sisters in humanity?
I do it by following the example of Jesus. I am sure as a Muslim you can do the same … although you may be more likely to follow the example of Muhammed.

Where do we serve our brothers and sisters in humanity?
I believe wherever God has placed us in this life! I can be God’s instrument in my family, my work place, my community, my church, on the train, in the supermarket, in the post office queue … absolutely everywhere in fact!

I am not disregarding prayer as a means of serving and worshipping God. It is and remains our most immediate communication with God!
But serving God by hand-on serving our fellow human beings is possibly just as important!

I have quoted this in another thread recently, but I will post it again, because I think it is relevant to this thread:
“Never be so spiritual that you become unavailable.”

Being connected with God should be reflected in how much love, care, patience and warmth and we extend to other people.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
06-10-2009, 11:45 AM
i dont think pining for jannah is wrong Allahu Alam

Allah has mentioned the sweetness of paradise and the rewards awaiting the believers in the Quran many times.

Uthman
06-10-2009, 11:47 AM
I hope my post above doesn't appear to contradict what glo said. Every action that we do with the intention of pleasing Allah is an act of worship so worship is not limited to Salah. Also, in an authentic hadith, Muhammad (peace be upon him) said that every good deed is an act of charity. Could Allah have made it any easier for us to attain his pleasure? :)

Tony
06-10-2009, 12:05 PM
I think that what Im feeling is a kind of guilt that on one hand I am thinking of Jannah while on the other I see so many people suffering and I cant seem to do enough, or anything to help. The namaz thing about being near to Allah is that its fulfilling my covenant, I know were not all supposed to be building wells in Africa, but when I see dead and dying children in thier fathers arms I get so frustrated at not being able to do anything, my own children stop me from actually going there but my point is how can I feel content to run towards Heaven when people are suffering. I long for Jannah but I just want to fill every moment helping others who deserve to go there much more than I do. Sorry its turned into a bit of an agony column, I would like to know if others are feeling this and what can we do physically to change something and earn our places in Paradise

witness
06-10-2009, 12:26 PM
“Never be so spiritual that you become unavailable.”
i really like this quote glo...its so true and relevant to anyone living on earth..... gives much to think about.

I would like to know if others are feeling this and what can we do physically to change something and earn our places in Paradise
I wonder if thats why we've been told that we will not enter paradise but for Allahs Mercy....meaning we'll never be able to truly earn jannah...we can perhaps just show a token of trying to earn and Allah swt (the Appreciator) will reward us for that effort... not the result since we are not capable of achieving anything but by His Grace.

Tony
06-10-2009, 12:38 PM
good point ^^ prayed zuhr and feeling better now. something will come my way im sure:D

- IqRa -
07-23-2009, 02:02 PM
SubhanAllaah, that feeling is amazing indeed brother.

Ali_008
07-24-2009, 02:47 AM
:sl:
This is what I'm talking about in this thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ready-die.html
:w:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-24-2009, 03:09 AM
:sl:

Bro, if you want to increase that amazing feeling, listen to this!! You'll be yearning even more for Jannah after it.

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...aven-hell.html

_PakistaN_
07-24-2009, 05:00 AM
Brother after I read your post. It was basically like me saying it, the suddenly pinning for Jannah part atleast. Especially when I go through hardships and can't take it anymore. Patience is required.

Clover
07-24-2009, 05:16 AM
If you want to serve Allah every minute, can't you become a imam, or cleric, or some sort of person that helps spread Islam as a job?

Detritavore
07-24-2009, 05:29 AM
For me to even attempt to imagine Jannah is to be overwhelmed into a euphoric panic, to be fazed by the thought of 'ever after' and to be shamed by an inadequacy that directly reflects my repertoire of evil deeds and my mere existence at that.

On the other hand, the thought of the Day of Judgement, entices a depressive longing to please Allah (SWT) and be better. So I choose to concentrate more on that day more than anything.

_PakistaN_
07-24-2009, 05:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Detritavore
For me to even attempt to imagine Jannah is to be overwhelmed into a euphoric panic, to be fazed by the thought of 'ever after' and to be shamed by an inadequacy that directly reflects my repertoire of evil deeds and my mere existence at that.

On the other hand, the thought of the Day of Judgement, entices a depressive longing to please Allah (SWT) and be better. So I choose to concentrate more on that day more than anything.
i think simple english is good enough for us, lol:D

Detritavore
07-24-2009, 05:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
i think simple english is good enough for us, lol:D
It took me a lot of effort to learn English, I think I would be doing myself a great injustice if I were to speak "simply" :statisfie

Plus, this way I can further practise and improve my English.

I'm sorry if I come of self-righteous or condensing imsad

Tony
07-24-2009, 11:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Detritavore
It took me a lot of effort to learn English, I think I would be doing myself a great injustice if I were to speak "simply" :statisfie

Plus, this way I can further practise and improve my English.

I'm sorry if I come of self-righteous or condensing imsad
I think PAKISTAN was just poking a little fun brother, your English is excellent and of course you should use it:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.