/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need proof

AnonymousPoster
06-10-2009, 09:13 AM
:sl:

People are always saying if you suffer alot in this world, you will be happy in the next. Is there hadith to prove this?

Also, seeing people around you who are always happy and you feel as though you are the only one from all the people you know, who is suffering greatly, not just for a weeks or a month, but years, every second of everyday and you can't see the light.

I understand that it could be what my own hands have earned, but what if you know people who have done worse or similar and they don't get the suffering as bad as you? I'm not saying I want them to suffer, I just feel like my Lord doesn't love me. imsad

I ask forgivenss and I repent everyday, I've been doing so for years, but I feel it will never be enough to get me out of this black hole.

Does Allah love me? Does He want me to suffer in this world so it might be easier for me in the next? Or could it be that He is just very very angry with me. Can someone enlighten me and also post some relevant hadiths to prove what your saying. Thank you. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ahmed_indian
06-10-2009, 10:39 AM
yes, upto an extent ppl who suffer here will be happy in Hereafter. but for that u need to believe in One Allah. many atheist, polytheist suffer, we cant say that they also will be happy after death.

if you are obeying Allah, then Allah loves you. being happy or unhappy doesnt show that Allah loves us or not. like prophet Ayub (as), he suffered a lot but he was His loving servant.

Ummu Sufyaan
06-10-2009, 10:54 AM
:sl:
try this thread...
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ions-life.html

Abu Zainab
06-10-2009, 11:17 AM
I really feel sad about your situation....I can relate to that. There were times when I had everything I wanted but I was not happy. I was depressed all the time. Even now when things are not exactly as I want them to be I am very much satisfied with my life.

There can be several reasons for not being happy and being depressed. But there is always a way out with Allaah's will.

First of all you have to believe that everything is from Allah. He does not do injustice to anyone. Maybe He is testing your faith. If you remain firm and trust and love Allaah you will definitely see the light one day. Just say "Qadar-Allaaha wa maa Shaa'aa Faa'al" (It is Allaah's decree and He did what he willed.)

Secondly as Allah says in Surah Al Baqarah - "Seek help in patience and prayer"....Wake up before Fajr and pray (Salaat) as much as you can and then ask Allaah to make you happy and keep you happy - in this world, when you die and after death. Before starting your dua' always remember to praise Allah, send blessings on our beloved prophet and ask for forgiveness and repent sincerely. And end your dua' with the same. Insha'Allaah you will get rid of your troubles.

MaaShaa'Allaah you have mentioned that you repent everyday. What could be better than this. Just remain firm and stay away from sins and "hold tightly to the rope of Allah".

I ask Allaah to remove your distress and keep you steadfast on your deen. Aameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sampharo
06-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Oh brother/sister poster (If you are a sister, forgive me but I will use brother for the rest of the post as I don't know),

I posted this on another forum and it applies to you perfectly, so I hope it will make you feel better.

Do you know how common your exact complaint and note is? Do you know how many muslims are saying the exact same thing? That they are strangely denied "tawfiq" in many worldly aspirations and endeavours and just get miserable failures and problems in every turn, ESPECIALLY when they start praying and coming close to God. It is a norm of life my brother for anyone who becomes close to God and prays. You have so many sins to wash away, so much rust to pound out of your metal, steel is only made with pounding and diamonds do not form without pressure and if you are under pressure and hardship then God wants good things for you, much better than the comfortable ones.

Read Quran:

"Or do ye think that ye shall enter the Garden (of bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? they encountered suffering and adversity, and were so shaken in spirit that even the Messenger and those of faith who were with him cried: "When (will come) the help of Allah." Ah! Verily, the help of Allah is (always) near!" (2:214);

"Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere" (2:155);

"And were it not that (all) men might become of one (evil) way of life, We would provide, for everyone that blasphemes against ((Allah)) Most Gracious, silver roofs for their houses and (silver) stair-ways on which to go up," (43:33)

My brother, be glad, for if you were happily getting everything you wanted you should have been worried. Companions used to fear comfort when it becomes too long and wonder why they weren't worthy of testing anymore, and become glad when testing and hardship comes. No one of course can withstand constant pressure, but God knows best how much to put on your shoulders and how much to relieve. Your job if you truly are accepting of God's dictation and his Qada, is to rest assured that you will not be tested with more than what you can bare. You will be relieved when you need to be relieved.

Just don't think that being a good muslim means smooth life, on the contrary, this life is made luxurious and comfortable without any hassles to those who don't believe, so they have nothing to ask forgiveness with on judgement day. They believe so much in "Karma" because it does really happen with them: They do something good and get something good coming their way. That's because there's nothing written for their good deeds. You my friend, your good deeds are for the afterlife, and any bad deeds you do are cleansed through tests and hardship, so as to come on judgement day and all your small transgressions are outweighed with your patience on the tests and you are rewarded justly with paradise.

If you weren't tested, you should be worried! Muslims true happiness lies in their faith of what to come. What you should take from all this is that God loves you so much that he wants such a high place in paradise, a place so high that you can't reach it with what you are doing right now, and therefore you are getting tests after problems after hardships after Balaa to reward you for them.

If you want to reduce the burden and get some happiness, then DO GOOD TO YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER and if they're no longer with us, then DO SOME GOOD DEEDS on your own. The prophet said in a hadith qudsy: when a person's mother passes away, God says: "The one for whom we used to provide for you and honor you for her sake has died, so do some good deeds now so we may provide for you and honor you for their sake."

So do the best of good deeds and make those two duas:

One to improve everything about your life and guide you out of depression:
يا حى يا قيوم برحمتك استغيث اصلح لى شانى كله و لا تكلنى الى نفسى طرفه عين

"Ya Hayyo Ya Qayyoum BiraHHmatika Astagheeth, AsleHH lee Sha'anee kollaho wala takelnee 'Ila nafsee Tarfata AAin."

Translates: "O Ever-Living One, O Everlasting One, by Your mercy I plead for help, mend all my matters and do not leave me for my self, not even for a blink of an eye"

There is a dua that you can use to lessen the burden:

"بسم الله على نفسي, بسم الله على أهلي ومالي اللهم أرضني بما قضيت لي وعافني بما أبقيت حتى لا أحب تعجيل ما أخرت ولا تأخير ما عجلت"

"Bismillahi ala nafsee, bismillahi ala ahlee wa malee, allahomma ardenee bema qadayt lee, wa aafenee feema abqayt, hatta la ohebba taajeel ma akhart, wala taakheer ma ajjalt."

It translates: "In the name of God on myself, in the name of God on my family and money. O God please satisfy me with what you decide for me and grant me wellness with whatever you keep for me, so that I wouldn't like to hasten what you delayed or delay what you hastened."

Every day when you wake up. Also my father taught me that Surat Al-Waqia (number 56) every night prevents poverty, and I never fail in reading it myself.

May God give you patience, wisdom, and strength to bare your burden, and reward you for it all.

mathematician
06-10-2009, 07:05 PM
salamu 'alaykum,
The first thing to note is that you made an incorrect statement.
"Also, seeing people around you who are always happy ...."

That statement is just not true in reality. The problem probably is that you believe in it, otherwise you would not have said it, right?
NOBODY is always happy in this world. That's not how Allah made this world. That special state of being always happy will only be realized once one gets to Jannah. So, you need to come to terms with reality that EVERYONE in this world goes through difficult times.
I will get you an example. I remember a classmate of mine seemed like such a happy guy. People from the outside never thought he could be sad. He had many friends, had a beautiful girlfriend that was going to marry him, was very kind, etc. Then one day he related to me about how sad he got for an entire year when one of his close friends passed away. :(
He had to skip many of his exams and his life was empty.

When you go through a difficult time you should not focus too much on "is this happening because Allah loves me or is it because he hates me?"
No, instead focus on gaining Allah's love. Allah tells us that He loves those who are patient. What more can one want? The beauty in it is that Allah doesn't say if you are patient when I test your faith I will love you and I will not love you if I punish you for your sins. No, Allah loves the patient. Period. So when in difficult moments some of your sins will insha'Allah be erased, and if you are patient then your good deeds will incrsease. That's regardless of whether the calamity was because of sin or because of "testing your faith".

Finally, remember that most people only turn to Allah when they go through difficult times. So Allah can use difficult times to turn people to Him so that they do not forget that they belong to Him, that their life in this world will end very soon, that they have an obligation towards their Creator, that they should not take His blessings for granted.

May Allah grant you and us His Love. Ameen.

- IqRa -
06-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Instead of ourselves blaming Allah, we should look at how much we actually listen to Allah. How much we actually obey His commands. How much do we do that?

Nothing, zero, zilch, nada.

How can we be thirsty of our Lord's love, when we ourselves commit sins day and night? I'm not saying don't be hopeful, hope and fear are part of our Imaan.

I'm just saying that we should try and obey Allah as much as we can and repent for our past and future mistakes, and pray Allah never unleashes His Wrath on us, because subhanAllaah we would be finished like that.

May Allah give us all the ability to follow His commands and may He keep us on the straight path, Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.