/* */

PDA

View Full Version : when you give dawah?

Ummu Sufyaan
06-10-2009, 10:51 AM
:sl:
do you sometimes feel that you are readily give dawah to other people but seem to miss that your own family (and possibly even yourself) are doing the same thing and seem to forget they need to be given dawah as well?
how do you overcome/deal with this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
06-10-2009, 12:54 PM
I think that giving dawah to one's own family can be really difficult, expecially if the family isn't very religious. At times one will have to speak indirectly.

noorseeker
06-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Maybe its out of shyness , we do not do it. They will turn around and say when did you become sheikh. We tend to treat the closest to us the harshest.

We have to look at how we treat our auntie and how we treat our mother, the former i guess will get the sweet tone of our voice.

Clover
06-10-2009, 01:42 PM
I have a stupid question, I looked up Dawah, and I got a lot of different definitions, none of them very good, can someone give me a short, blunt, definition?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noorseeker
06-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Invitation.

Invite people to islam

Clover
06-10-2009, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
Invitation.

Invite people to islam
Like asking them if they believen Allah?

Ummu Sufyaan
06-11-2009, 08:14 AM
that could be a way, but just generally inviting them to islam maybe through a speech/conversation. it doesn't have to be anything direct, perhaps just one's manner could be a form inviting one to Islam.

- IqRa -
06-11-2009, 08:37 AM
just try your best and tell them what you can

Clover
06-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Well, if thats the case, I don't see anything wrong with it. Your 'asking' not forcing them too.

noorahmad
06-11-2009, 11:43 AM
some people feel like you're reproaching them when you do daw'ah, and they react angrily, or some people feel like you are showing off than you are better than them. I think that it depend on the way we approach the person,
and an imam told me, that daw'ah is done according to the person

Ali_008
06-18-2009, 01:01 AM

It is actually easy to do Dawah with non-Muslims than your own family but still I do what I can and to the extent I can do it good. Sometimes when the entire family is on the dining table, I narrate an ayah or a hadeeth and if I see someone doing something unislamic I try to stop them right then and there. I have a younger sister, usually I keep telling her many Islamic "things to do", to make it indirect.:D

anatolian
11-14-2009, 09:02 PM
The hardest dawah is making one to yourself. Later family, later your fellow muslims. The easiest one is making dawah to non-muslims. Although the knowledge store you need is reverse.

OurIslamic
11-15-2009, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the info :)

Rafeeq
11-15-2009, 10:11 AM
The dawah is the work of prophets and should be done as per their sunnah. I understand, all the prophets started dawah from their family and it is also obvious that their family members rejected them also e.g. Nooh Aleh Salam & Looth Aleh Salam. But it doesn't mean you will leave the work.

MuslimCONVERT
11-15-2009, 10:40 AM
The best advice I can give in this regard is to work on your own heart and perceptions. Make sure you have strong faith in Allah [swt], make sure you are close to Him, that you have developed patience, learned how to control anger, envy, etc. Make sure you rely on Him alone for sustenance and trust Him more than any other thing [as this will develop tranquility in the heart].

Then when you have achieved this, your family will see you as a wise and sober person. When they see this, they will be more likely to listen to you. I am speaking from experience as a former "overzealous" Muslim convert who tried to give his family Dawah, to someone who is a little calmer and wiser, and has seen better results after working on his own soul, and attempting to beautify his own heart. :-)

Also, remember not to be arrogant, remember that everyone has faults, that being dis-satisfied with critiques in our beliefs and perceptions is something we all suffer from, from time to time. It's a rare soul who accepts truth for truths sake despite the obstacles it would bring. when you see them react in a way that is unbecoming, remember that you, too have sins and faults that are seen by others.

Most importantly make du'a for them. Not just because du'a is heard by the One who has the power to turn over their hearts [Allah], but because making sincere du'a for someone mends hearts and will make them close to your feelings inshallah.

Khaldun
11-15-2009, 11:37 AM

Everytime I see a person who leaves their family and gives dawah towards friends I see that their intentions are often corrupt. When people are around friends they act nice and islamic but with your siblings its just p*ss off. That is not Islaam at all.

Da’wah

Something you might notice is the fact that pious people never let an opportunity to call towards Allah pass by. One only has to read the Qur’aan to hear about how Yusuf alayhi salam called towards tawheed and Islaam whilst being in prison.

And similarly as muslims we should make the most of every chance we get and call towards Allah, even if its on the bus or at univeristy etc.

And this is Maalik bin Dinaar from the salaf who sees the opportunity to call towards Allah and he does not hesitate even one second.

It is said that a burgler entered the Imaams house but he didn’t find anything to steal. So Maalik [saw the burgler] and called him towards him and said, you did not find anything with regards to the dunyah, how about something from the aakhirah? So the burgler replied yes [I am interested].

So the Imaam instructed him to make wudhu and pray two units of prayer so he did that. Then he sat down [for awhile] and then he went to the masjid. So the Imaam was asked [when people saw this man with him] Who is this person? He replied, he came to rob but we robbed him!

[Siyaar 'alaam an-Nubalaa volume 5 page: 362 the biography of Maalik bin Dinaar]

Source

Danah
11-15-2009, 11:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

Everytime I see a person who leaves their family and gives dawah towards friends I see that their intentions are often corrupt. When people are around friends they act nice and islamic but with your siblings its just p*ss off. That is not Islaam at all.
Reminding me of this lecture for brother Nouman Ali Khan....when he was talking about how a person should approach his family at the first place even if they don't show any interest or agree of what s/he is talking about

Media Tags are no longer supported

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.