/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can bad deeds take a person to paradise?

ahmed_indian
06-10-2009, 11:07 AM
:sl:

u want to write the answer: no....isnt it?

but the bad deeds can take the person to paradise, if s/he seeks Allah's forgiveness and repents!

not my words but of Imam Ghazali (ra)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tony
06-10-2009, 11:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed_indian

but the bad deeds can take the person to paradise, if s/he seeks Allah's forgiveness and repents!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!^o)

AabiruSabeel
06-10-2009, 11:09 AM
But that doesn't justify for doing bad deeds.
What is the purpose of this thread?

~Taalibah~
06-10-2009, 11:12 AM

Yes obviously.
But one HAS to ABSTAIN from sin of which he has full knowledge on and repent for what he has done because he is sinning everyday half of the time not even realising it.

To sin comprehendingly with intention to repent afterwards is completely wrong.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
06-10-2009, 03:23 PM
:salamext:

The thing is how do we know that our taubah is accepted...????

So most probably hell first then only paradise... So lets try hard to avoid the hell InshaAllah.

Zafran
06-10-2009, 03:32 PM

give a refernce to that - i dont think anybody has ever heard such a thing?

syilla
06-10-2009, 03:35 PM
lol... i just google. u also open a thread here http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56878

Let me add a little..

i think this thread is on true repentence right? (on how a believer being afraid of Allah swt punishment but at the same he couldn't control his desire and nafs)

i've heard a lecture once... (i couldn't find the source yet), there is of course a hadith saying that if a believer is afraid of Allah swt he will enter paradise even he had sins. But there is a condition to it...which is true repentence.

And for that...how do know that it is a true repentence, how we can achieve that, and if not we have to enter hell first... so this hadith cannot be take for granted and make it as an excuse for us to sins.

Hope this will make us think 100times before we think of sinning.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-10-2009, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
give a refernce to that - i dont think anybody has ever heard such a thing?

Quite early on in Ibnul-Qayyim's book, al-Waabil-us-Sayyib, it is mentioned that a bad deed can take a person to paradise (i.e. if he repents), and a good deed can take a person to hell (i.e. from riyaa), or words to these effects. The book isn't with me right now so I can't give an exact reference. But I don't think these words, and those like them, are meant to encourage sins and discourage good deeds. Rather they are quite clearly encouraging repentance, and discouraging insincerity in our deeds.

Ali_008
06-10-2009, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faizah

Quite early on in Ibnul-Qayyim's book, al-Waabil-us-Sayyib, it is mentioned that a bad deed can take a person to paradise (i.e. if he repents), and a good deed can take a person to hell (i.e. from riyaa), or words to these effects. The book isn't with me right now so I can't give an exact reference. But I don't think these words, and those like them, are meant to encourage sins and discourage good deeds. Rather they are quite clearly encouraging repentance, and discouraging insincerity in our deeds.
Well, I think Ibn Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him) must have written that because when a person sins and repents and if Allah is pleased with his repentance then Allah turns all the bad deeds of the sinner into good deeds. So in this regard, even to turn those sins into righteous deeds, the repentance has to be sincere and with the purest intentions. But most importantly we must just keep raising the bar of our good deeds and hope for Allah's mercy. Like someone said above, we sin half of the day without our knowledge so we already have plenty of evil what we lack is adequate taqwa and abundant taubah.

syilla
06-10-2009, 04:46 PM
salams...

i can only find this. source

InshaAllah i try to find another hadith that when a sahabah asked the prophet if fear of Allah swt will enter paradise and the prophet kept quite, and he asked again and the prophet said yes.

wallahualam

Banu_Hashim
06-10-2009, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
What is the purpose of this thread?
That Allah's mercy knows no bounds ? I think that's the point he's tryin to make.

ahmed_indian
06-11-2009, 10:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Taalibah~
Yes obviously.
But one HAS to ABSTAIN from sin of which he has full knowledge on and repent for what he has done because he is sinning everyday half of the time not even realising it.

To sin comprehendingly with intention to repent afterwards is completely wrong.
i did not mean that you keep committing sins. i just wanted to tell that if u have sinned and you feel regret and repent, have faith in Allah's Forgiveness.

ahmed_indian
06-11-2009, 10:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
That Allah's mercy knows no bounds ? I think that's the point he's tryin to make.
jazaak Allah khair brother. you understood my intentions!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.