/* */

PDA

View Full Version : In the Shade of the Qur'an | Sayyid Qutb (15 Volumes)

Abu Rago
06-10-2009, 01:36 PM
In the Shade of the Qur'an

In The Shade Of The Qur'an is more than 'just another' commentary; yet it is not too over-reaching or outlandish to be a completely new interpretation. It is an earnest, sincere and sober look at man's contemporary achievements and difficulties in the light of the message of the Qur'an. It is an effort to vigorously explore its rich wisdom, and expand its invaluable guidance for the benefit of an increasingly 'sophisticated' , yet highly perplexed modern society.

The work, which is by far Sayyid Qutb's largest and most profound, spans the whole of the text of the Qur'an. It was written, and partly re-written, over a period of more than 15 years, most of which the author had spent in Egyptian prisons, during the 1950s and 1960s. In it is embedded Sayyid Qutb's insight, highly esteemed intellectual vigor, and his widely-acclaimed literary prowess.

In The Shade Of The Qur'an has been universally recognized as an outstanding contribution to Islamic thought and scholarship, to which students and scholars, as well as contemporary Islamic revivalist movements all over the world, owe a great deal. Now that it is available in English, it will continue to enlighten and inspire millions more. It will take its rightful place as an indispensable work of reference for a proper understanding of contemporary Islamic thinking.

Download

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Clover
06-10-2009, 01:42 PM
I don't think they allow advertising on this forums, but idk. I might take a look at it, if I am ever able to get a Quran. Might help me in my studies of Islam.

- IqRa -
06-17-2009, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
I don't think they allow advertising on this forums, but idk. I might take a look at it, if I am ever able to get a Quran. Might help me in my studies of Islam.
SubhanAllah do you need a Qur'an? In english? Can you not get one where you live? Do you need someone to post it to you?

Clover
06-17-2009, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by E.E.
SubhanAllah do you need a Qur'an? In english? Can you not get one where you live? Do you need someone to post it to you?
Not really, I have this website.

I can, but not allowed.
No, thank you for the offer though.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-19-2009, 06:15 PM
Why aren't you allowed to get a Qur'aan?

Al Qalam
06-20-2009, 06:36 AM
Thanks ever so much for posting these volumes. I plan to make my eyes very blurry reading them cover to cover. Wonderful material here that could benefit every muslim.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.