/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Odd Topic

Beardo
06-10-2009, 11:35 PM
This is very odd, I know, but I was asked this question today and was totally taken aback.

Is one allowed to see themself naked...? like in the shower, etc? And, another question I was asked, is a woman allowed to see another woman change? Like, they can change in the same room... Excpt they can't see beyond the naval.

That's what I was asked. I also wanted to question the first part.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-10-2009, 11:56 PM
Well technically how would u observe yourself, say somethin is wrong with you? Maybe ur....applying something to your body and your bound to look at yourself one way or another....

It would be kind of hard to know wat ur doing if the whole time your eyes are closed...also there is a even a du'a for when you see others changing...if your hubby/wife can see u and u see them...how can u not look at yourself :/

Not that this is from an Islamic perspective..just something that came to mind.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-11-2009, 12:03 AM
^^yea true...all this hygienic stuff.

Like say when u get out of the shower and u need to dry urself off, are u gunna close ur eyes when u do it...or if your applying soap when your "in" there. It's not really a question to ask. Whoever asked you obviously wasnt thinking :/

Wyatt
06-11-2009, 12:33 AM
If it's our body Allah gave us, I would think it reasonable to be able to at least see all of it. :X I have never heard of that question before, are there rules for that??

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
06-11-2009, 12:49 AM
:sl:

Excellent question tried searching up a logical answer but could not find anything brother but I will inshAllah give you some of my input. I think we can see ourselves naked but seeing another person change is akward but they could always look away if there is such a need to change that instance with no other place to go.

InshAllah this will help answer your questions brother.

Wyatt
06-11-2009, 01:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr

Excellent question tried searching up a logical answer but could not find anything brother but I will inshAllah give you some of my input. I think we can see ourselves naked but seeing another person change is akward but they could always look away if there is such a need to change that instance with no other place to go.

InshAllah this will help answer your questions brother.

Yeah, as for that, I don't think there's a real good, respectful reason for watching someone change. I mean, if there were one, I guess a Muslim would know what's best for their faith in Allah.

HopeFul
06-11-2009, 01:35 AM
Assalamoalaikum

From an islamic point of View, this is VERY important. It is related to Haya.
I do not remember the Hadeeth exact words, but Prophet SAW was asked about how to dress when one was alone, if they were required to dress at all or not. So the Prophet SAW replied,

When there is no one there is Allah and Allah is most worthy of Haya.

something like that.

it is permissible for one to see themselves for genuine reasons, but it is makruh for one to see themsleves or even their spouse naked, as that way one looses Haya,

haya is part opf faith, it is very important,
normallyw e, think form the western perspective, one should do this or that or should be like this or that with ones spouse, or when we are alone, but one should ALWAYS realise Allah is watching them and be modest and fulfill ones desires /personal needs in a modest way.

We are humans and such reservations make a great impact, if we act like animals or are oblivious to Haya, it has a negative affect. Slowly the graveness of watching oneself naked wears off and slowly watching others naked also seems normal. This is not good, hence to retain that hesitation in ones soul, it is very necessary for a person to be modest around themselves.

We all know our intentions when we do anything, it would be best to think that Allah is wacthing me, I must do whatever I ahve to do in an honourable way, washing, husband wife relations, removal of pubic hair and anything halal that requires one to be faced with the situation of seeing oneslf naked.

I know of some indian scholar, who would never sit or lie down in a way in which he would spread his legs, if someone asked him he would say The King is watching me and is here, I must be humble. SubhanAllah! Now imagine those people looking at themelves, or other righteous people who passed.

Prophet SAW didnt like pubilc baths and HAzrat Ali use to close his eyes and face away even while I think wearing some garment on his lower body while in public bath. Similarly they would mostly not look down to themselves.

Normally people wouldnt shut their eyes, but avoid generally to look at themslves, I wish i had sources for all the refernces but I read this long ago and just implemented since, May Allah give us strength to reafrain, ameen.

I will try and post some references later, InshaAllah.
:w:

HopeFul
06-11-2009, 01:52 AM
the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No man should look at the ‘awrah of another man, and no woman should look at the ‘awrah of another woman, and he said: “Guard your ‘awrah from everyone but your wife and that which your right hand possesses (i.e., slave woman).” I said: What if the people are living with one another? He said: “If you can prevent anyone seeing it, then do not let him see it.” I said: What if I am alone? He said: “Allaah is more deserving that you should feel shy before Him.”

Is there any prohibition on sleeping without clothes on, even if one is with one’s wife?
Please note that I do not mean during intercourse, rather I mean when going to sleep. May Allaah reward you with good.

Praise be to Allaah.

The ‘awrah must be covered in all circumstances except when necessary, such as when bathing, having intercourse, relieving oneself, etc. But when there is no reason, the ‘awrah must be covered, because of the report narrated by Bahz ibn Hakeem from his father, from his grandfather, who said: “O Messenger of Allaah, what should we do about our ‘awrahs?” He said, “Guard you ‘awrah except from your wives and those whom your right hand possesses (concubines).” He asked, “What about when a man is with another man?” He said, “If you can manage not to let anyone see it, then do that.” He asked, “What if one of us is alone?’ He said, “Allaah is more deserving that you should feel shy before Him.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2769, and others).

Based on the above, it is not permissible for you to sleep with no clothes on that would cover your ‘awrah, whether you are sleeping with or without your wife. Rather it is permissible for you to uncover your ‘awrah only at times of necessity. And Allaah knows best.

I hope this helps,

This applies to every situation, we must not look at other people, we must lower our gaz e in general and we must be modest at alltimes.

Wallhu A'lam.

Beardo
06-11-2009, 02:21 AM
Alright, Jazakallah all of you. I got the answers I needed. We can end this topic now, and forget I ever asked. lol... :-[

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.