/* */

PDA

View Full Version : crying during Dua

AnonymousPoster
06-11-2009, 02:48 AM
:sl:
I hear from people that we should not cry (weep) during Dua. I do that. Now a days I am having a very serious problem and when I pray and Dua in front of Allah automatically I start crying. My question is that ok to cry or not.
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- IqRa -
06-11-2009, 09:36 AM
which weird, abnormal person said you cant cry during dua??!!

why would it not be ok to cry?

who else will you cry to?

who else will listen to your pleas and help you?

who else will take away your worries?

who else will dry your tears?

subhanallah

Raudha
06-11-2009, 10:27 AM

Actually, it is advisable to cry whist making dua!!!!!! It's a sign of sincerity and true submission.
I heard from an 'Aalim that you should force yourself to cry during dua and if that is not possible then you should make as though you are crying.

Tony
06-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Subhan Allah, your dua is heartfelt

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- IqRa -
06-11-2009, 10:49 AM
indeed brother u r right

Sari
06-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Yep i've also heard that you SHOULD cry in dua. I think it would be ridiculous to assume you can't cry to Allah, as there is noone else worthy of crying to and asking for help at your lowest.

AnonymousPoster
06-11-2009, 09:44 PM
crying during dua is allowed .. but I wanna know whether crying during prayer is allowed too ..coz it happens to me sometimes.. when i really feel sad about something and when i pray i start to cry coz I feel as if Allah is more closer to me.

so is crying during salah alowed?

Ali_008
06-12-2009, 12:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
crying during dua is allowed .. but I wanna know whether crying during prayer is allowed too ..coz it happens to me sometimes.. when i really feel sad about something and when i pray i start to cry coz I feel as if Allah is more closer to me.

so is crying during salah alowed?
Crying during Salaah because of the thoughts of heaven and hell is allowed. The following hadeeth tells you that Hadhrat Abu Bakr Siddiq (radhiallahu anhu) used to weep during Salaah :

Bukhari, Book 1: Hadith 647
Narrated 'Aisha (radhiallahu anha)

the mother of the believers: Allah's Apostle (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) in his illness said, "Tell Abu Bakr to lead the people in prayer." I said to him, "If Abu Bakr stands in your place, the people would not hear him owing to his (excessive) weeping. So please order 'Umar to lead the prayer." 'Aisha added I said to Hafsa, "Say to him: If Abu Bakr should lead the people in the prayer in your place, the people would not be able to hear him owing to his weeping; so please, order 'Umar to lead the prayer." Hafsa did so but Allah's Apostle (peace and blessings of Allh be upon him) said, "Keep quiet! You are verily the Companions of Joseph. Tell Abu Bakr to lead the people in the prayer. " Hafsa said to 'Aisha, "I never got anything good from you."

Yanal
06-12-2009, 12:36 AM
Crying for a good reason such as repentence is good.

crayon
06-12-2009, 09:35 AM
The Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) said:

"There are seven whom Allah will shade in His Shade on the Day when there is no shade except His Shade: a just ruler; a youth who grew up in the worship of Allah, the Mighty and Majestic; a man whose heart is attached to the mosques; two men who love each other for Allah's sake, meeting for that and parting upon that; a man who is called by a woman of beauty and position (for illegal intercourse), but be says: 'I fear Allah', a man who gives in charity and hides it, such that his left hand does not know what his right hand gives in charity; and a man who remembered Allah in private and so his eyes shed tears.'"

Not only is it not forbidden, it is considered a good thing. So don't sweat it inshaAllah.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-12-2009, 11:45 AM
show off :p :p :p

im just messing, mashAllaah your blessed to be able to shed tears fillah

Sampharo
06-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Just watch taraweeh prayers in Makka in Ramadan during which the verses of mercy and punishment makes Sheikh Al-Ghamidee or Sudeis cry to the point of stopping from being unable to properly recite, with the hordes behind him succumbing as well to their tears. And of course when they make duaa khatm al-quraan they always cry hard when asking for forgiveness, otherwise where is the regret and emotional appreciation of this wonderful benevolent God that we keep sinning and he keeps forgiving, and how patient he is over the hordes of disbelievers who race for silly things in their current lives and forget their creator. :cry:

Here is an example for Sheikh Saleh Bedeir:

Media Tags are no longer supported

Addie
06-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Im not sure if this thread needs any replies.....but I for one LOVE Ghamidi's quran recitation, so praying behind him would probably have me sobbing away too.

Inshallah he leads the prayer when Allah has it down for me to do Hajj!!!!! :)

Tony
06-12-2009, 05:14 PM
MaashAllah, bought tears to my eyes, awesome power of Allahs word, Alhamdulillah

AnonymousPoster
06-15-2009, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Raudha

Actually, it is advisable to cry whist making dua!!!!!! It's a sign of sincerity and true submission.
I heard from an 'Aalim that you should force yourself to cry during dua and if that is not possible then you should make as though you are crying.

SubhanaAllah do you have any prove of this?
Because sometimes, I cry spontaneous during prayer and have no problem with that. But other times, I start to cry because my mind wanders to a certain (sad) subject. In the second case I always feel some sort of guilt, as if somehow it's hypocrite and not sincere to intent fully manipulate yourself in order to cry. And then I think, wait maybe this is just the shaytan messing with me, trying to keep me from crying. And then I get all torn up, not really knowing what to even think or do. It's really disturbing, so sister if you know the source this 'Aalim had, please share it inshaAllah.

Sampharo
06-15-2009, 05:24 PM
SubhanaAllah do you have any prove of this?
For crying in general the proof is both Quran and Hadith:
قال الله تعالى : { إذا تتلى عليهم آيات الرحمن خروا سجدا وبكيا }
"Whenever the Signs of ((Allah)) Most Gracious were rehearsed to them, they would fall down in prostrate adoration and in tears." [19:58]

( عن عبد الله بن الشخير قال : { رأيت رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم يصلي وفي صدره أزيز كأزيز المرجل من البكاء }
Abdullah Ibn Al-Shakhir said: "I saw the messenger of Allah -pbuh- praying and in his chest a gurgle like that of a pot from all the crying"

As for faking the crying,Yes it is good as long as it is being used in order to gradually soften the heart to reach real crying, there is a hadith of Umar who was as we all know a hard strong man, and the prophet with Abu Bakr crying over the the Badr, and he asked them what they were crying about, if it touches him he would cry, if it doesn't he would force it. Many salaf also said to force or manipulate crying because once a person gets used to it, his heart softens and become sincere. Psychologists today confirm that the physical act of crying cleanses the mind and increases emotional sensetivity and compassion, even if crying was intentionally laboured.

AnonymousPoster
06-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Selam aleykum
JazakAllah khair, thanks for the quick reply. Also, just to rectify something, I didn't mean that in the second example I "fake" crying, I mean the tears are always genuine, and always out of a genuine sadness. Just that sometimes they are spontaneous when concentrating on the prayer, whereas in other times, they are the result of my mind wandering off. And then I feel guilty, because you're not supposed to wander off with your mind, but you're supposed to concentrate on the prayer. So then I think, If I'm not supposed to wander of, then the tears which result from that kind of thoughts, are not supposed to be there either? I dunno, it's complex, I can't describe the whole feeling + thoughts in words. anyway, like I said I suspect it's just the shaytan trying to mess with me when I'm most vulnerable.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.