/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 10 Sickness of the Heart

GuestFellow
06-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Aslam Alaikum.

Something that I would like to share that I found:

1. You believe in the existence of Allah swt, but, you do not fulfill His Commands.

2. You say you love the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) but you do not follow his Sunnah.

3. You read the Holy Qur'an, but you do not put it into practice.

4. You enjoy all the benefits from Allah, but, you are not grateful to Him.

5. You acknowledge Shaitan as your enemy, but, you do not go against him.

6. You want to enter Paradise, but, you do not work for it.

7. You do not want to be thrown into Hellfire, but yet, you do not run from it.

8. You believe that every living thing will face death, and you are not prepared for it.

9. You gossip and find faults in others, but, you forget your own faults and bad habits.

10. You bury the dead, but, you do not take a lesson from it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali_008
08-12-2009, 01:16 AM
:sl:
Jazakallah Khair
Is this Ibn Qayyim's work? I think only he can write such mind-blowing stuff but I think he always uses "we" and not "you".
:w:

- IqRa -
08-12-2009, 09:16 AM
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ses-heart.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...ses-heart.html

GuestFellow
08-12-2009, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
Jazakallah Khair
Is this Ibn Qayyim's work? I think only he can write such mind-blowing stuff but I think he always uses "we" and not "you".
:w:
Assalmu Alikum

I found it on the internet. I thought it might be a good reminder. Not sure who had written it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AlHoda
11-01-2009, 08:04 PM
I think I have no.9 because sometimes i can be judgemental, trying to find faults in others, but forgeting my self Allah(swt) forgive.

Insaanah
11-01-2009, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Aslam Alaikum.

Something that I would like to share that I found:

1. You believe in the existence of Allah swt, but, you do not fulfill His Commands.

2. You say you love the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) but you do not follow his Sunnah.

3. You read the Holy Qur'an, but you do not put it into practice.

4. You enjoy all the benefits from Allah, but, you are not grateful to Him.

5. You acknowledge Shaitan as your enemy, but, you do not go against him.

6. You want to enter Paradise, but, you do not work for it.

7. You do not want to be thrown into Hellfire, but yet, you do not run from it.

8. You believe that every living thing will face death, and you are not prepared for it.

9. You gossip and find faults in others, but, you forget your own faults and bad habits.

10. You bury the dead, but, you do not take a lesson from it.
I am very afraid, because I have a small bit of each one. I guess that makes my heart very sick :(

JazaakAllah for sharing. I guess I have a lot of work to do.

GuestFellow
11-01-2009, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan
I am very afraid, because I have a small bit of each one. I guess that makes my heart very sick :(

JazaakAllah for sharing. I guess I have a lot of work to do.

I use it as a constant reminder...

AlHoda
11-01-2009, 08:16 PM
If you have one of them , does it mean that you've a sick heart? :/ May Allah guide us all. :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OH Allah, when i lose hope because my plans have come to nothing... Then help me remember that Your love is always greater than my disappointments and Your plans for my life are always better than my dreams :wa:

Asiyah3
11-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Jazakallah for this thread

It is very very true.

I think that all of us should judge ourselves and ponder these points deeply.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.