/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shooting at Army Recruiting Center

Clover
06-12-2009, 06:37 AM
Little Rock, Ark., June 1: A gunman opened fire outside a military recuriting office in, killing one new soldier and wounding another. Police, seen here at the scene of the crime, arrested a suspect.

The suspect was identified as Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad, 23. Little Rock Police Chief Stuart Thomas said Muhammad, a convert to Islam, had "political and religious motives for the attack." Flip through this gallery for a look at other shootings in the news.
I didn't see the second paragraph till I had already pasted the first part to a New Topic. That disturbs me, cause I am going to sign up in December for the FSP (Future Soldier Program), and that would stink if I was there and that happened.

If you wana see pics, here is a link: http://news.aol.com/article/holocaus...oting%2F522206

I know the link is insane long, but just click it, the first 2 pics are of it, and then the others are of Other shootings.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Whatsthepoint
06-13-2009, 07:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
I didn't see the second paragraph till I had already pasted the first part to a New Topic. That disturbs me, cause I am going to sign up in December for the FSP (Future Soldier Program), and that would stink if I was there and that happened.

If you wana see pics, here is a link: http://news.aol.com/article/holocaus...oting%2F522206

I know the link is insane long, but just click it, the first 2 pics are of it, and then the others are of Other shootings.
This is very old news and you got the wrong link there.

Clover
06-13-2009, 09:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
This is very old news and you got the wrong link there.
Actually I am pretty sure that link was the right link to the pictures that in that topic, but if you go down on that link and see Shootings in the News, you will see the first 2 pics of the shooting.

Tony
06-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Clover at 16 yrs of age you appear to know everything, thats cool bud,but b4 you go out to fight in Afghanistan or eleswhere I would implore you to scrutinise the ethics behind who and what you will be fighting for. Peace and respect

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Clover
06-14-2009, 07:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony
Clover at 16 yrs of age you appear to know everything, thats cool bud,but b4 you go out to fight in Afghanistan or eleswhere I would implore you to scrutinise the ethics behind who and what you will be fighting for. Peace and respect
Are you saying I appear to myself to know everything, or you think that I know everything?

I am fighting for my country, not to beat Muslims into submission, unlike common belief. I do believe it's not write to hurt people that are innocent, and I believe most of America believes that, and I do not believe most Americans are over there for that. A lot of American soldiers join the Army cause they have no where else to go. They are like me, poor. I can't afford college, without military benefits, and I doubt I'd be able to live a decent life after college if I somehow got a miracle to go.

Tony
06-14-2009, 09:21 AM
just tongue in cheek:D I understand why you want to fight for your country, but I know people who have done extensive tours, some of the things they have seen and how it changes a person. You seem to be a proud young man with a fire in your belly, thats good and the naturalorder of things, I only mean that the wars being faught these days are unconventional and that hand to hand combat for a cause that islargely kept hidden from the foot soldiers would be frustrating. The people where you will go are some of the poorest on earth, the bombers there are of a different make up from the terrorist who blows up a tube train, these are hard people who will stop at nothing to win and are very elusive, I admire you for fighting for what you believe and I dont for one minute imagine that you are going to fight muslims out of any choice. However you will be fighting muslims and I dont think America or Britain can ever win these wars. Our brothers and sons arrive home in body bags or with limbs missing too and it breaks our hearts, we call them heros and then forget that they live on meagre benefits. If you go Clover then I ask Allah to go with you and that you mat experience something that brings you to Islam and back home sefely. Peace and blessings buddy

wth1257
06-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Are you saying I appear to myself to know everything, or you think that I know everything?

I am fighting for my country, not to beat Muslims into submission, unlike common belief. I do believe it's not write to hurt people that are innocent, and I believe most of America believes that, and I do not believe most Americans are over there for that. A lot of American soldiers join the Army cause they have no where else to go. They are like me, poor. I can't afford college, without military benefits, and I doubt I'd be able to live a decent life after college if I somehow got a miracle to go.
Then I'd join the Airforce.

Good benefits, little chance of having to shoot someone.

shock_proof
06-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Clover I don't condone any shootings so I completely disagree with those actions, but Im going to come off topic a little now. You say you want to join the army to fight for your country but you say you're a taoist, now im no expert on any religion but doesn't it slightly contradict your religious beliefs to "fight"? Also you state financial and educational benefits as the reason you join up but do you really want to be an instrument of the state? Where you go out and fight dirty wars for the rich and an elite class? Is that what you really want? Work hard Clover, many people from poor backgrounds have succeeded and made something of themselves without joining the military.

Clover
06-14-2009, 11:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shock_proof
Clover I don't condone any shootings so I completely disagree with those actions, but Im going to come off topic a little now. You say you want to join the army to fight for your country but you say you're a taoist, now im no expert on any religion but doesn't it slightly contradict your religious beliefs to "fight"? Also you state financial and educational benefits as the reason you join up but do you really want to be an instrument of the state? Where you go out and fight dirty wars for the rich and an elite class? Is that what you really want? Work hard Clover, many people from poor backgrounds have succeeded and made something of themselves without joining the military.
I do not know where Taoism says its not right to fight, and if you find a source in the TTC then let me know.

I would rather know I can get into college, then work in a factory and hope that I can. I do not work for the elite class, I would be working for the Chief of the Armed Forces. I would be working for whoever my CO's are, and above, not for some rich guy in one of them gated communities, where the "poor" people can't get into. I know, they control most of the politics, but luckily, the Military is still somewhat seperated from politics, although not near enough.

shock_proof
06-14-2009, 11:34 AM
I do not know where Taoism says its not right to fight, and if you find a source in the TTC then let me know.

I would rather know I can get into college, then work in a factory and hope that I can. I do not work for the elite class, I would be working for the Chief of the Armed Forces. I would be working for whoever my CO's are, and above, not for some rich guy in one of them gated communities, where the "poor" people can't get into. I know, they control most of the politics, but luckily, the Military is still somewhat seperated from politics, although not near enough.
I don't think you understand the military is an instrument of the state so it can never be possible for the military to be seperated from politics, it is a part of politics. You just said you will be working for someone "above" someone who has POWER over you. So will you be happy to fight in a war similar to that of Iraq or Vietnam if one was to occur again? Would your conscience be fine with you killing another human being, because lets face it in all wars those who are killed in the masses, those whose lives are completely destroyed are civilians who've done jack all. So is there any other reason you want to join the military other than going to college? Can I ask if you don't mind what are your political beliefs?

Clover
06-14-2009, 12:03 PM
I don't think you understand the military is an instrument of the state so it can never be possible for the military to be seperated from politics, it is a part of politics. You just said you will be working for someone "above" someone who has POWER over you. So will you be happy to fight in a war similar to that of Iraq or Vietnam if one was to occur again? Would your conscience be fine with you killing another human being, because lets face it in all wars those who are killed in the masses, those whose lives are completely destroyed are civilians who've done jack all. So is there any other reason you want to join the military other than going to college? Can I ask if you don't mind what are your political beliefs?
I have never heard of anyone being happy to fight a war. I would not be happy to fight in a war, I'd be happy to die fighting for my country, and bring honor to my family.

Yes, when that human being is trying to kill me.

Yes, family tradition.

I do not have a specific line. Ask me a question based on politics, and I'll try my best to answer it.

Innocents are usually killed by bombings (artillery, air, naval). I am going to either be in a regular Infantry unit, or either AR or GB (Airborne Rangers, or Green BeretS) and I can choose to not kill a civilian unless that civilian decides to become a militant and shoot me, then I'll kill them before they kill me.

shock_proof
06-14-2009, 04:10 PM
I have never heard of anyone being happy to fight a war. I would not be happy to fight in a war, I'd be happy to die fighting for my country, and bring honor to my family.

Yes, family tradition.

I do not have a specific line. Ask me a question based on politics, and I'll try my best to answer it.

Innocents are usually killed by bombings (artillery, air, naval). I am going to either be in a regular Infantry unit, or either AR or GB (Airborne Rangers, or Green BeretS) and I can choose to not kill a civilian unless that civilian decides to become a militant and shoot me, then I'll kill them before they kill me.

You seem to suffer from blind patriotism if you'll be happy to die for a country that abandons their injured and traumatised war veterans, a country which for decades has financed and aided terrorism, especially in South America. I don't think you're informed about the damage the US has caused and continues to cause around the world and its sad you're willing to die for your country. Its understandable if your country was under attack and was invaded by another nation for you to fight in defense of the people, but that's not happening. Why do you think a civilian would become a militant? Have you ever thought when someone is attacking someone elses family and someone elses livelihood that they woul get angry and defend themselves. Are your family Republicans or Democrats or none?

Clover
06-14-2009, 04:19 PM
You seem to suffer from blind patriotism if you'll be happy to die for a country that abandons their injured and traumatised war veterans, a country which for decades has financed and aided terrorism, especially in South America. I don't think you're informed about the damage the US has caused and continues to cause around the world and its sad you're willing to die for your country. Its understandable if your country was under attack and was invaded by another nation for you to fight in defense of the people, but that's not happening. Why do you think a civilian would become a militant? Have you ever thought when someone is attacking someone elses family and someone elses livelihood that they woul get angry and defend themselves. Are your family Republicans or Democrats or none?
Nothing is blind when you see it...

Actually, their benefits are pretty good, unless you can show proof they "abandon" them people now. My uncle was in their 13 years, he has benefits, my other uncle was in the Air force for 6 years, he has benefits, and all my other uncles, grandparents, where in it, and they get benefits, so I do not see how your getting they abandon them. Yes, they did that a lot during/after Vietnam, but now, benefits are good, even if you stay in only 2 years.

They are democrats. I am I.

shock_proof
06-14-2009, 05:00 PM
I can definitely show you proof from the UK and Im sure you know suicide rates in the US military is pretty high. But my original point was being in the military means you ultimately are at the dispose of the state. The very powers which oppress people within your own society, the very powers that allow for the gap between poor and rich to grow. A so called civilised nation is certainly not a nation where healthcare is seen as a privilige, where you get benefits for being a tool to the state. You don't see it. I asked the political beliefs of your family because you said you want to honour your family and that its a tradition in your family to become a member of the military. Its no surprise though you told me they're democrats, not much difference between reps and dems thats why.

Clover
06-14-2009, 05:08 PM
I can definitely show you proof from the UK and Im sure you know suicide rates in the US military is pretty high. But my original point was being in the military means you ultimately are at the dispose of the state. The very powers which oppress people within your own society, the very powers that allow for the gap between poor and rich to grow. A so called civilised nation is certainly not a nation where healthcare is seen as a privilige, where you get benefits for being a tool to the state. You don't see it. I asked the political beliefs of your family because you said you want to honour your family and that its a tradition in your family to become a member of the military. Its no surprise though you told me they're democrats, not much difference between reps and dems thats why.
I have no clue how suicide has anything to do with me joining up, but ok :blind:.

I am at the disposal of the US Army, that's not the govenor of Tennessee, or the Senator from Tennessee. It's the Chief of Staff of the United States Army who is the top I report to. He is not a political figure, he is a military figure. I do understand what your saying, Yes, technically, I am controlled by the United States, not just the military, but when orders come down, it's not a senator telling me to do it, it's my CO.

I do not care about politics in my family. My family's honor is higher then any stupid political party. My family's honor has nothing to do with a political party, it has to do with honor, and dignity, and loyalty.

I bet it's not, seeing as how their is two major parties in the US, and if I had said Rep, I am sure that would be no suprise to you either, I am glad you know our two major political parties :rollseyes.

I know, I am being a jerk, but I do not see what your getting at, other then I am a "blind" patriot, which you stated in your posts before.

shock_proof
06-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Well if the suicide rate in a particular section of society is a lot higher than the national average it raises questions.
http://www.france24.com/en/20090130-...-stress-combat

No it wouldn't as they're both different sides of the same coin and most Americans are centre right in terms of the European political scale.

My simple point is by joining the army you in no way are going to benefit society as a whole. Im saying this again you'll be serving a state and in the case of the US a bank owned corporate state which doesn't care about you. I know I might sound a little mean but seriously im not. Its just I dont want anyone to be used as a tool for someone elses interests.

Yanal
06-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Strange....Why would someone kill a new recruit who could have been the next general in a few decades ?

Clover
06-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Well if the suicide rate in a particular section of society is a lot higher than the national average it raises questions.
http://www.france24.com/en/20090130-...-stress-combat

No it wouldn't as they're both different sides of the same coin and most Americans are centre right in terms of the European political scale.

My simple point is by joining the army you in no way are going to benefit society as a whole. Im saying this again you'll be serving a state and in the case of the US a bank owned corporate state which doesn't care about you. I know I might sound a little mean but seriously im not. Its just I dont want anyone to be used as a tool for someone elses interests.
I will. I will have training and experience to fight a enemy, and if we are ever attacked, I can use it to my advantage, and society's. I can also help use that skill in other jobs such as Police Forces, Guards, and others. I do not care that you despise the Army, or whatever it is you do, but telling me to give up my future for your opinoin isn't going to work.

@Yanal: Maybe they were feeling like a psycho and wanted to die in the heat of passion. Maybe they were just nuts, or maybe they are part of a secret plot to destroy people, who knows.

wth1257
06-14-2009, 06:31 PM

Yes, family tradition.

Who do you think calls in the mortar, air or naval fire?

A major part of your live in any sort of SF unit will be directing fire on suspected targets. Additionally, infantry units are often in hectic situations where civilians do get killed.

I have a lot of friends in the military and have been on and even lived short term on military bases and have a big family military tradition so I'm not under the impression that everyone in the military is somehow evil, but I don't know how realistic you image of the military is. If you think politics is seperate from the military you are just wrong. I don't just mean external political influence but politics in the military itself. There are plenty of politics in the military.

redblackmask
06-14-2009, 06:36 PM
I will. I will have training and experience to fight a enemy, and if we are ever attacked, I can use it to my advantage, and society's. I can also help use that skill in other jobs such as Police Forces, Guards, and others. I do not care that you despise the Army, or whatever it is you do, but telling me to give up my future for your opinoin isn't going to work.

@Yanal: Maybe they were feeling like a psycho and wanted to die in the heat of passion. Maybe they were just nuts, or maybe they are part of a secret plot to destroy people, who knows.
Yeah, unfortunately they also wanted me to give up my passion and my future for their opinion and what their religion says, Nope nope, ain't gonna happen, I made my choice.

You think the U.S. is a bank owned corporate state? No, my friend, there is something called the NWO and it isn't just about big banks and Nancy Pelosi and the house democrats like CNN would have you think. It's about COMPLETE and total domination over humanity. Islam is the only thing standing in their way, nobody really realizes that yet.

Anyways, I hope all the victims will R.I.P. and that the rule of law will prevail.

redblackmask
06-14-2009, 06:42 PM
No, in the Tao Te Ching it states that while there are precepts to follow, the Taoist must live his life how he feels he can while he is here. There is no strict dogmatic beliefs to adhere to.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.