/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Qur'an that speaks

Tony
06-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Thought it would be nice to start a thread whereby we qoute a Qur'anic verse that has touched us for some reason in the last day or so. It is posters desciscion whether to say why particularly this verse has spoken to them. Muslims and non-Muslims welcome. :D

MAAA-'IDAH 5 (The table spread part 5) vs 46
"And we caused Jesus (pbuh), Son of Mary, To follow in their (prophets pbut) footsteps, Confirming thatwhich was revealed before him, and We betowed on him the Gospel; wherein thier is guidance and a light confirming that which was revealed before it in the Torah-a guidance and an admonition unto those who ward off evil."
Alhamdulillah, I love this verse because it makes clear that we all believe the same God and that we are all brothers and sisters, and that Jesus(pbuh) was a great prophet.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tony
06-12-2009, 02:41 PM
:bump1:

Raudha
06-12-2009, 04:22 PM
:sl:

(Surah yusuf:verse 77)
"They said:'If he steals, there was a brother of his who did steal before (him).' But these things did Yusuf keep locked in his heart, revealing not the secrets to them. He (simply) said (to himself): 'You are the worse situated; and God knows best the truth of what you assert!'"

:w:

wth1257
06-13-2009, 04:00 AM
Do you all mind if I post some too?

I'm not a Muslim but there are many parts of the Qur'an I love.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AntiKarateKid
06-13-2009, 04:04 AM
94:5 So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief
94:6 Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.

The emphasis Allah adds to these verses comforts me like nothing else and keeps me from ever losing hope.

islamlover_girl
06-13-2009, 04:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257

we don`t mind of course.
go a head and post the Qur`anic verses u like.

Faizal_Rakhangi
06-13-2009, 10:31 AM
What do u mean by Quasi Muslim

Tony
06-13-2009, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257

Please do, the Qur,an is for you as much as anyone my friend:)

wth1257
06-14-2009, 09:57 AM
I suppose my continual favorite is Abasa

All of it really, but the first ten verses (I don't know the correct Islamic term).

He frowned and turned away (1) Because the blind man came unto him. (2) What could inform thee but that he might grow (in grace) (3) Or take heed and so the reminder might avail him? (4) As for him who thinketh himself independent, (5) Unto him thou payest regard. (6) Yet it is not thy concern if he grow not (in grace). (7) But as for him who cometh unto thee with earnest purpose (8) And hath fear, (9) From him thou art distracted.

I suppose I like it because it seems to me such a stark refutation of Muhammad as some sort of sinister imposter, as I was raised to view him. It shows him as a man humble unto his Lord and not to proud to recount his revelation even when he was the one in need of correction.

Muhammad Asad adds a note I find quite interesting. "[in speaking of Muhammad] In later years he often greeted Ibn Umm Maktum with these words of humility: 'Welcome unto him on whose account my Sustainer has rebuked me!"

Umm Safiya
06-14-2009, 10:36 AM
"Verily, those who say: "Our Lord is Allaah (Alone)," and then they stand firm, on them the angels will descend (at the time of their death) (saying): "Fear not, nor grieve! But receive the glad tidings of Paradise which you have been promised!" (Fussilat 30)

It's just much more beautiful in arabic..

redblackmask
06-14-2009, 06:29 PM
The Quran indeed is a work of art. I'm never that big on 'holy' books, but the Quran is indeed one of a kind. The Tao Te Ching is my book though.

M.B
06-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Every time i think about this i really get sad :cry: surah qasas

(88. And call not, besides Allah, on another god. There is no god but He. Everything (that exists) will perish except His own Face. To Him belongs the Command, and to Him will ye (all) be brought back.

Tony
06-16-2009, 11:43 AM
MB this really is a powerful vs.:D^^^

M.B
06-16-2009, 01:59 PM

:cry::cry::cry:

SURAH JATHIYA

31. But as to those who rejected Allah, (to them will be said): "Were not Our Signs rehearsed to you? But ye were arrogant, and were a people given to sin!

32. "And when it was said that the promise of Allah was true, and that the Hour- there was no doubt about its (coming), ye used to say, 'We know not what is the hour: we only think it is an idea, and we have no firm assurance.'"

33. Then will appear to them the evil (fruits) of what they did, and they will be completely encircled by that which they used to mock at!

34. It will also be said: "This Day We will forget you as ye forgot the meeting of this Day of yours! and your abode is the Fire, and no helpers have ye!

35. "This, because ye used to take the Signs of Allah in jest, and the life of the world deceived you:" (From) that Day, therefore, they shall not be taken out thence, nor shall they be received into Grace.

36. Then Praise be to Allah, Lord of the heavens and Lord of the earth,- Lord and Cherisher of all the Worlds!

37. To Him be glory throughout the heavens and the earth: and He is Exalted in Power, Full of Wisdom!

M.B
06-16-2009, 02:02 PM

I really can post the whole quraan because of the beautiful revelation sent down from ALLAH.

- IqRa -
06-16-2009, 02:08 PM
"And hell is brought near that day; on that day man will remember, but how will the remembrance (then avail him)?
He will say: "Ah! Would that I had sent forth (good deeds) for (this) my (Future) Life!"
For, that Day, His Chastisement will be such as none (else) can inflict,
And no one shall bind with (anything like) His binding. "

[Qur'an, Surah Fajr (89), Verses 23-26]

Tony
06-16-2009, 06:48 PM
JONAH X. 11
62"Lo! Verily the friends of Allah are those on who fear cometh not, nor do they grieve.
63 Those who believe and keep their duty to Allah,
64 Theirs are good tidings in the life of the world and in the hereafter-there is no changing the words of Allah-that is the Supreme Triumph."

Alhamdulillah that we are the Friends of Allah:D

Caller الداعي
06-17-2009, 05:25 AM
im happy to see the bros and sis's pasting ayahs of the quran mashallah may Allah give them and us happiness and guidness thru the teachings of the His holy book...

dont they ponder over the quran or are their hearts just locked up!

i just want to mention that the quran is for everyone read it learn it study it and convey it.

Tony
06-26-2009, 12:54 PM
NAHL 48-50
"48 Have they not observed all things that Allah hath created, how their shadows incline to the right and to the left, making prostration unto Allah, and they are lowly. 49 And unto Allah maketh prostration whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth of living creatures, and the angels (also), and they are not proud. 50 They fear their Lord above them, and do what they are bidden."

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-26-2009, 10:17 PM

{So We responded to him, and We gave to him John, and amended for him his wife. Indeed, they used to hasten to good deeds and supplicate Us in hope and fear, and they were to Us humbly submissive.}[al-Anbiya; 90]

Someone pointed out to me that in the course of the stories of the Prophets in this section of this Surah, Allaah responded to their duas, and this verse highlights for us 3 causes that resulted in them receiving a response from Allaah:

1) Hastening to good deeds
2) Supplicating to Allaah in hope and in fear.
3) Submitting to Allaah humbly.

May Allaah make us of those who instill these qualities into ourselves so that we are of those whose dua's Allaah responds to.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.