/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ill-treatment and torture of Palestinian children

sister herb
06-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Ill-treatment and torture of Palestinian children - a report
Defence for Children International

June 11, 2009

[RAMALLAH, 11 June 2009] � Today, DCI-Palestine is releasing a report which documents the widespread ill-treatment and torture of Palestinian children at the hands of the Israeli army and police force � Palestinian Child Prisoners: The systematic and institutionalised ill-treatment and torture of Palestinian children by Israeli authorities.

The release of the report comes just days after an article was published in The Independent newspaper reporting the testimonies of two Israeli soldiers which detail the deliberate abuse of Palestinian children. One soldier is reported as saying that in an incident that occurred in a Palestinian village in March, he saw a lot of soldiers 'just knee (Palestinians) because it's boring, because you stand there for 10 hours, you�re not doing anything, so they beat people up.�

The report published today contains the testimonies of 33 children, one as young as 10 years old, who bear witness to the abuse they received at the hands of soldiers from the moment of arrest through to an often violent interrogation.

Most of these children were arrested from villages near the Wall and illegal Israeli settlements in the West Bank. There is evidence that many children are painfully shackled for hours on end, kicked, beaten and threatened, some with death, until they provide confessions, some written in Hebrew, a language they do not speak or understand.

A soldier [...] pointed his rifle at me. The rifle barrel was a few centimetres away from my face. I was so terrified that I started to shiver. He made fun of me and said: 'shivering? Tell me where the pistol is before I shoot you.'

(Ezzat, 10 years old)

Disturbingly, the report finds that these illegally obtained confessions are routinely used as evidence in the military courts to convict around 700 Palestinian children every year. And the most common charge against these children is for throwing stones. Once sentenced, the children who gave these testimonies were mostly imprisoned inside Israel in breach of the Fourth Geneva Convention where they receive few family visits, and little or no education.

The report concludes that this widespread and systematic abuse is occurring within a general culture of impunity where in 600 complaints made against Israeli Security Agency interrogators for alleged ill-treatment and torture, not a single criminal investigation was ever conducted.

The report also contains recent recommendations made by the UN Committee Against Torture which expressed 'deep concern� at reports of the abuse of Palestinian children when it reviewed Israel�s compliance with the Convention Against Torture in May 2009.

The report is now available on-line in PDF format: Palestinian Child Prisoners: The systematic and institutionalised ill-treatment and torture of Palestinian children by Israeli authorities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqCcS...layer_embedded

(Hard copies can be obtained by contacting DCI-Palestine at ria@dci-pal.org )

http://www.uruknet.com/?p=m55043&hd=&size=1&l=e

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Clover
06-12-2009, 12:13 PM
That is really sad. I hope they learn from their faults of torture and the children are left alone, but I doubt peace comes so swifty.

GuestFellow
06-12-2009, 12:36 PM
It is sad to see these types of activity taking place in the world. I hope one day, the endless nightmare of the Palestinian people shall be over and receive justice.

sister herb
06-12-2009, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
It is sad to see these types of activity taking place in the world. I hope one day, the endless nightmare of the Palestinian people shall be over and receive justice.
:sl:

I hope at one day endless nightmare would stop for every children in the world. Don´t say it is impossible because I know it is possible.

May I write a poem for all oppressed children to here from William Blake; Auguries of Innocence:

"Every night and every morn
some to misery are born.

Every morn and every night
some are born to sweet delight.

Some are born to sweet delight,
some are born to endless night."

I believe that one night and one morn all will born to sweet delight. We will make world as we like it to be. We. United we, I mean all people in the world.

My salam/greetings to that kind of world who is waiting us tomorrow.

p.s. never forget to believe different change is also possible

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tony
06-12-2009, 05:07 PM
do you think Allah will ever forgive us for not going to thier aid and fighting these demonic pigs

Clover
06-12-2009, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony
do you think Allah will ever forgive us for not going to thier aid and fighting these demonic pigs
That's a rather strong word. Not all of them are doing that, and I doubt a majority are.

Tony
06-12-2009, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
That's a rather strong word. Not all of them are doing that, and I doubt a majority are.
whoever does this in whatever country for what ever reson deserve to have their throats cuts. they are pigs and should be culled, that strong enough?

sister herb
06-12-2009, 06:25 PM

They are not strong words at all. Nobody says all would do this - not all jews. But only zionists.

Look this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcGm-...layer_embedded

From jew woman letter to Obama

I am not againts real jews, just racist zionists!

Clover
06-12-2009, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb

They are not strong words at all. Nobody says all would do this - not all jews. But only zionists.

Look this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcGm-...layer_embedded

From jew woman letter to Obama

I am not againts real jews, just racist zionists!
Zionists are people that want Israel for a Jewish Homeland right?

format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony
whoever does this in whatever country for what ever reson deserve to have their throats cuts. they are pigs and should be culled, that strong enough?
That is a rather pathetic way to reply, but whatever makes you happy.

GuestFellow
06-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Zionists are people that want Israel for a Jewish Homeland right?
Well from what I know, currently not all Zionists are Jews.

Tony
06-12-2009, 06:53 PM
That is a rather pathetic way to reply, but whatever makes you happy.[/QUOTE]

ok bud thats me and you done:D

Clover
06-12-2009, 06:55 PM
I think it's a good thing for Jews to have a home where they can have a Jewish State, but violence is not worth anything. Of course, I think this has something else more then just region, I am pretty sure it's spiritual too, since I remember some Christians talking about how the land was promised to them by God or something like that.

sister herb
06-12-2009, 06:58 PM

All zionists are not jews neither all jews are zionist. Zionists want "israel" to be homeland of jews whose are zionists.

Do you think those jew women mentioned in video whose go every day to checkpoints to report human right violences are zionists? Have you ever heard about organization about Neturei Karta? They are jew rabbis against occupation of Palestine.

http://www.nkusa.org/AboutUs/index.cfm

Zafran
06-12-2009, 07:31 PM
salaam

Yeah the problem is that in the past america kept vetoing for Isreal and kicking out the peace process designed by the international community - thats where the real problem is.

If the International community had there way then this whole mess would have been over - a pity it didnt happen.

Snowflake
06-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Ya Allah!! :cry: You will never see muslims treating the enemies children like that!

I can barely look at that picture. Oh the Day WILL come when they will get everything they deserve & the oppressed will suffer no more!

GuestFellow
06-12-2009, 07:54 PM
I think it's a good thing for Jews to have a home where they can have a Jewish State, but violence is not worth anything. Of course, I think this has something else more then just region, I am pretty sure it's spiritual too, since I remember some Christians talking about how the land was promised to them by God or something like that.
Well it has gotten to the stage is not about fighting for the holy land anymore. In this world, we rely on credible evidence. That is the only way we can operate internally and internationally.

Palestine and Israel conflict is more of a political dispute. After the Holocaust, the Jews had nowhere to live. The Holocaust took place in Europe, so my question is why Palestine is suffering? Should it not be Europe dealing with this problem since it started it?

The Palestinian people had no say in the matter. Their lands were taken with the use of unlawful violence. Innocent men, women and children were killed. It was like another Holocaust taking place; except it happened to the Palestinian people.

How can anyone justify that? That amount of violence was not needed, especially against women and children. They are living under occupation and military control. No one deserves to live in those harsh conditions.

This matter could have been resolved in a peaceful way. Now the problem has escalated and the U.S government are silencing the Palestinian people.

sister herb
06-13-2009, 03:34 AM

What you think those tortured children feel and think when they will go out of they jails? When they are adults? Do they want to make peace with kids of illegal settlers whose are sons and daughters of people tortured them?

imsad

The world history doesn´t go everytimes as usually. Think the end of the South Africa. In the "colored" population would got real revenge against crimes of apartheid politicals. After decades of oppression...

Czechoslovakia in Europe is other wierd example; at Europe were war when minor nations wanted to independent in former East Europe; only one who did it peacefully was Czechoslovakia.

May Allah makes future of Palestine similar kind of exception.

Muhseen
06-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Only Allah (S.W.T) can save Palestine and Palestinians. And I hope and pray He will.

Tony
06-20-2009, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhseen
Only Allah (S.W.T) can save Palestine and Palestinians. And I hope and pray He will.
Ameen

Yanal
06-20-2009, 04:18 PM
^ Ameen.

May Allah forgive all of us because we are unable to help them.

bil_sal
06-22-2009, 03:35 PM
I posted about this human rights report on my blog:

Zionist child torture Part I

"After they put us in the Hummer, they tied us tightly to stretchers and removed the bandages from our wounds which caused the bleeding to resume. They started beating us. There were four of them. One of the soldiers applied pressure on our wounds and we were shouting in pain. Whenever we were shouting, the soldiers would slap us on the face and tell us that they did not want to hear our shouts"
- Imat T, 15 years old

For the full report detailing numerous cases of Palestinian children being taken prisoner and tortured, click here.
Click here for Zionist child torture Part II and Part III

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.