06-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Goodness, lol:rollseyes

Snowflake
06-12-2009, 09:18 PM
I can believe that! :D

nice find x

جوري
06-12-2009, 09:30 PM
yeah.. I find that to be true too.. I personally devalue people the less clothes they have on, don't ask me why.. but I do

Winter of content: Men find women's bodies more attractive in the colder months

By Eleanor Glover
Last updated at 7:50 AM on 02nd October 2008
Beach babe: Most men would say they find Kelly Brook attractive all year round but according to new research women are more alluring in the winter months because of the rarity of bare skin on display

The nights are closing in and the weather's getting colder but it's not all doom and gloom, especially if you leave a little to the imagination.

According to a new study, men find women's bodies a bigger turn-on in winter than summer.

The rarity of bare skin on display among women in winter makes them more alluring, researchers believe.
Men were asked to rate photos of women wearing swimsuits and of bare breasts and female faces every three months.

They gave their highest scores to the bodies and breasts in the winter and autumn and their lowest scores in the summer. But there was no seasonal variation in ratings for women's faces, which researchers believe is down to them being on view all year round.

When men looked at pictures of their own partners, the results followed the same seasonal pattern.

The phenomenon may play an important role in men's choice of mates and levels of adultery, they say.

The anthropologists, from the University of Wroclaw in Poland who carried out the research, concluded: 'Men's assessments of women's attractiveness change seasonally.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
alcurad
06-12-2009, 09:42 PM
hmmm, interesting, kind of makes sense too I guess.
so then, does that mean women wearing hijab all year round preserves-their- men's attraction to them?

جوري
06-12-2009, 09:45 PM
I can tell you that it is certainly true in many cases and I believe that is why some sisters opt for Niqab...

and Allah swt knows best

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Wow interesting!

Yanal
06-12-2009, 09:55 PM
..hmmmm nice picture..

wth1257
06-13-2009, 12:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Found this interesting.

Saw it while browsing a blog.

It makes sense. I mean anthropology has shown that sexual modesty is a fairly universal value, traditionally a least.

Plus it can just be nice when a woman isn’t dressed in a really scanty manner. I really appreciate Muslim women in the gym because they do dress modestly. I don't care about Hijab's but when a woman in nothing but short shorts and a sports bra talks to you it can be really uncomfortable. I mean I feel like I just have to talk past them or have to be really careful to only make eye contact and just can't feel relaxed during the conversation.

Ummu Sufyaan
06-13-2009, 06:19 AM
:sl:
In fact, when [...] when exposure to women in revealing clothing increases, men tend to give their partners looks lower ratings
and why aren't i surprised...
jazakillahu khair for sharing sis

The rarity of bare skin on display among women in winter makes them more alluring, researchers believe.
but its interesting, i want to know how concealing these women were. i mean modesty in the west maybe considered as having your skin covered, but not necessarily your shape, so i wonder if that would make a difference?

Danah
06-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Subhan Allah.....and they still fooling around with some strange thoughts about hijab while they cant know themselves accurately before bragging about some useless stuff :X

interesting....thanks for sharing

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.