/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim girl marrying a male muslim revert?

shock_proof
06-13-2009, 10:25 AM
I know in Islam that it is forbidden to for a muslim female to marry a non muslim male, I don't like this but I have no choice but to accept it. However my sister was saying to me that it is also forbidden for a muslim female to marry a muslim male revert. My reaction to this was it is ridiculous and a load of crap in all honesty, I had no reason to believe it and still do not. After I dismissed that she went and asked my auntie who also goes it's forbidden for a muslim girl to marry a male muslim revert. So please tell me is it forbidden or not? Im pretty sure it is not forbidden as both people are muslim so I don't understand why it would be forbidden. If you do say it's forbidden can you please also give me islamic scripture to back up the claim.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Banu_Hashim
06-13-2009, 11:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shock_proof
my sister was saying to me that it is also forbidden for a muslim female to marry a muslim male revert. My reaction to this was it is ridiculous and a load of crap in all honesty, I had no reason to believe it and still do not. After I dismissed that she went and asked my auntie who also goes it's forbidden for a muslim girl to marry a male muslim revert.
What?!

Of course it is permissible for a female Muslim to marry a male Muslim revert. After they have reverted, what is the difference between them and a raised Muslim?

Sorry, but I don't see the logic and reasoning in your Sister and Auntie's views. There's no Islamic evidence what so ever to suggest it. All of the Sahaba were "reverts".

crayon
06-13-2009, 11:25 AM
It is most definitely NOT forbidden for a muslim woman to marry a male revert.

However, perhaps your aunt means a male who has "reverted" just to marry the girl? In other words, he doesn't really believe islam is the truth, he's just become a muslim on paper so he can marry the girl?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-13-2009, 02:03 PM
:/ Ok it's not forbidden at all...because they, like you, are Muslim. By what proof does your family say this?? The sahabas, as mentioned, were all reverts. Are they one of those people who dont like reverts? There are many Muslims who dont consider reverts as muslims and look down upon them.

:sl:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
06-13-2009, 02:07 PM
^ good point, all of the sahaba were reverts

Of course its permissible to marry a revert muslim man

Banu_Hashim
06-13-2009, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
There are many Muslims who dont consider reverts as muslims and look down upon them.
Really? That's actually an un-Islamic attitude to hold. And I think I know the reason why they do, but again it's a cultural thing. +o(

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-13-2009, 02:10 PM
^^Yes sadly it exists! Some out of arrogance and ignorance think they are better, even if they don't actually pray.

AntiKarateKid
06-13-2009, 02:11 PM
That is such a load of crap.

Please, do Islam and yourself a favor by setting your sister and aunt straight, even taking them to an Imam to disprove them.

If the guy is pious, and you love him, and he you, go for it. But make sure he is steady on Islam and is secure in his faith.

alcurad
06-13-2009, 02:12 PM
you can marry him as long as he is Muslim, regardless of him being born Muslim or being a revert.

Banu_Hashim
06-13-2009, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
^^Yes sadly it exists! Some out of arrogance and ignorance think they are better, even if they don't actually pray.
Hmm... kind of a " We were born Muslim therefore we have more right to Islam and it's traditions than you" viewpoint? Yeah... I can imagine that!:rollseyes

So, OP, so sum it up... Yes, it is absolutely fine to marry a revert (assuming he is sincere in his faith and everything) :)

Danah
06-13-2009, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
Really? That's actually an un-Islamic attitude to hold. And I think I know the reason why they do, but again it's a cultural thing. +o(
Actually I respect reverts more than anyone else, because those who really searched through their lives to find the truth, value it, and try to follow it in an amazing accurate way better than many of born muslims who were raised as muslims but did not feel how it feel to be lost unguided in this life.

Banu_Hashim
06-13-2009, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
Actually I respect reverts more than anyone else, because those who really searched through their lives to find the truth, value it, and try to follow it in an amazing accurate way better than many of born muslims who were raised as muslims but did not feel how it feel to be lost unguided in this life.
Exactly. Reminds me of the amazing story of Salman Al-Farsi (RadhiAllahu Anhu).

Zafran
06-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Salaam

preety shocked people think like that - but it does exist - a pity realy - some people see Islam as just another tribe.

Sampharo
06-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Shock proof, are you sure we are understanding what you mean? Are you saying your aunt and sister are saying you have to marry a born muslim and can't marry a person who converted into it?! I am double checking because I NEVER heard anyone (and I heard some seriously twisted and misguided thoughts in my time!!) but never heard someone say THAT!

Of course it is absolutely permissible as per the barrage of approvals you just received.

ragdollcat1982
06-13-2009, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim

I have noticed the same thing among Catholics. It is very hard for someone to convert to Catholicism as you so many hoops to go through and so many manamde rules not the the rules of God. They tend to think that cradle Catholics are better and mor eholier than converts.

Olivia J
11-27-2016, 06:20 PM
you can merry him as long as he is a Muslim

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.