/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can we have Arabic Writing Contest on LI?

Danah
06-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Asalam Alykom Wa Rahmat Allah

I have been thinking about this long time ago, we had English writing contest already here.

Cant we have Arabic writing contest? I am sure we have great Arabic speakers on the board.

What do you think brothers and sisters?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
06-13-2009, 01:10 PM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
tis great indeed!!! im not sure that you're gna get alot of participants tho...u can deffo count me out :(

Danah
06-13-2009, 01:14 PM
^ why? :(

u r one of those great Arabic speakers I talked about... you will be in inshaAllah if the idea get approved.

That's an order!
end of story :)

Nájlá
06-13-2009, 01:18 PM
write a story in arabic?

That will be a great idea. I don't think I'll take part though but we'll see =)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
06-13-2009, 01:18 PM
:sl:
eh!? i cant speak arabic :muddlehea lol i deffo cant write it either!:p

Danah
06-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Luloah...yeah something like a short story, and you will take a part as well inshaAllah :)

Umm ul-Shaheed.....are you serious? :uuh: what is your mother language dear?

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-13-2009, 03:03 PM
:salamext:

I would only be able to write a few sentances, unless I got my husband to cheat for me. So... I'll just be a humble spectator.

Whatsthepoint
06-13-2009, 03:07 PM
الأول هو تعلم اللغة العربية.
أنا لا أعتقد أنا جيدة بما فيه الكفاية لمسابقة الكتابة للكتابة

crayon
06-13-2009, 03:15 PM
I wrote my parents a letter in Arabic the other day... The first thing they said after reading it was "Your arabic writing, ermmm.... Wow.:uuh:"

Yesss, so definitely not participating in this, lol. It would be nice to read the entries though, go for it, I say!

Danah
06-13-2009, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
الأول هو تعلم اللغة العربية.
أنا لا أعتقد أنا جيدة بما فيه الكفاية لمسابقة الكتابة للكتابة
wow, good for u
are u the one who wrote that?

answering ur question..... it will be good to for those who are already learned a lot in Arabic so they can start writing something long like a short story

crayon.......hmmm ): why all girls who know arabic are coming her to this thread to just say that they will not participate ):

*Yasmin*
06-13-2009, 08:37 PM
salam 3lekum
good idea sister..
but yani we can write about anything or what..??
or how about you put 3 or 4 different topics that we can write about and every participant choose the topic he/she liked the most..

Danah
06-13-2009, 08:43 PM
^ sister, I am just discussing the idea here, I did not get any approval from mods or anyone else

but I am very happy that you are the only one agree to participate:D....*hints to the others* <_<

lets make it to be a short story about anything as a beginning

*Yasmin*
06-13-2009, 08:49 PM
lol, am i going to contest with my self here :D
anyway , when the participants are ready it will be nice to join the contest *well i hope*..

Danah
06-13-2009, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Yasmin*
lol, am i going to contest with my self here :D
lol, yeah yeah sis, plz do some advertising here so we can get more supporters for the idea

anyway , when the participants are ready it will be nice to join the contest *well i hope*..
inshaAllah

Beardo
06-14-2009, 01:27 AM
I support the idea completely, but I don't think we have enough eligible participants.

Danah
06-14-2009, 08:38 AM
^ lets wait and see if we can have more..... may be not many notice this thread, so lets just wait and see

wafi
06-15-2009, 05:20 PM
i support the idea is great .. but I'm Arab so it isn't fair for me to be a participant in the game

if u wants me to participate count me in :)

Danah
06-15-2009, 09:52 PM
well, its gonna be for any arabic speakers in general

hopefully more members will come. We are 3 participants so far

Güven
06-15-2009, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
^ sister, I am just discussing the idea here, I did not get any approval from mods or anyone else
you got my vote.

Danah
06-15-2009, 10:01 PM
^ finally :exhausted
the idea got approved by a mod

jazak Allah khair brother

Danah
06-19-2009, 01:01 PM
For some reason, I feel as if this idea will not see the light :X

we cant start it with three participants :confused:

Na7lah
06-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Danah i'd join you but.... :X a story in arabic huh? lol i'll join in i guess
how long does it have to be?

Danah
06-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Finally, someone is still alive in this section Alhumdulilah lol

okay, I dont know really, I want it to be a short story. What about 500 words?

Na7lah
06-19-2009, 08:46 PM
500 maximum? ok, i dnt think i can make it that long anywyz, when's the deadline? judge? any themes?

btw Ramlah you hav to join!

Danah
06-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Ramlah dont want to :(

and about the Judges, deadlines....and all those things, they are still not decided
Actually I lost the hope in this thread and thought that we will never have it

well, I hope some more members will join so we can decide
I remember sis crayon said that she doesn't mind reading the entries

lets wait more and see....we have 4 participants who want to join so far

samirnedzamar
07-02-2009, 10:26 PM
this should be interesting

Caller الداعي
07-03-2009, 07:11 AM
i think its a gr8 idea the arabic language is the key to islamic knowledge! im sure if we start it will spread inshallah in some way or another.

malayloveislam
07-03-2009, 08:00 AM
Assalamualaikum,

I strongly support this idea, Arabic is Islamic Knowledge language. Although my Arabic is reallllly baaaddd but I would love to participate in it Insya'allah. However, I don't have Arabic keyboard here and writing using Roman script is a no, no for me. To type 500 words using online keyboard must be tedious +o(. Who will win is not my concern I guess, I want to support Arabic and actually we should all support Arabic being spread all over the world, this contest is among great ideas. We can have the opportunity to read Arabic speakers from all-over the world write their thoughts and style.

With Love

Soulja Girl
07-03-2009, 08:18 PM
:sl:

Seems liike a good idea :thumbs_up I'm up for it! :)

:w:

Muhaba
07-04-2009, 12:23 PM
me too!

Danah
07-14-2009, 07:44 PM
it seems that we got some more supporters for that idea

well, we need judders now

format_quote Originally Posted by malayloveislam
Assalamualaikum,

I strongly support this idea, Arabic is Islamic Knowledge language. Although my Arabic is reallllly baaaddd but I would love to participate in it Insya'allah. However, I don't have Arabic keyboard here and writing using Roman script is a no, no for me. To type 500 words using online keyboard must be tedious +o(. Who will win is not my concern I guess, I want to support Arabic and actually we should all support Arabic being spread all over the world, this contest is among great ideas. We can have the opportunity to read Arabic speakers from all-over the world write their thoughts and style.

With Love
I am not sure of this but if its really hard for you to type in arabic you can send a scanned paper of your script inshaAllah

IceQueen~
07-19-2009, 10:16 PM
lol its possible to learn the letters off by heart from the online keyboard and then write in Arabic, I'd love to join but dunno if I have the time or the ability lol

but I think definitely this should go ahead even if with only a few ppl involved, and as for Judges we can get external Judges from other forums -Arabic forums, I'm sure they won't mind

malayloveislam
07-22-2009, 08:16 AM
I'm up for it if we can scan our writing. Tell us when is the due date and the theme, whether it is of any theme or fixed theme. I'm excited to read others' as well, it must be interesting reading their way of writing and getting some ideas. It's ok for Arabic speakers to write, I don't mind if they are the winners, what concerns me more is their style of writing : D 500 words is not so much I guess, maybe I can get to learn something from this contest too. Hope others will take part too. Don't be shy, we are all learning here.

Danah
07-22-2009, 12:13 PM
well

Someone reminded me here that it will be kind of unfair to let Arabs and non Arabs compete to write a story.....

so here is the new update..

what about having two kind of evaluation:
1. one for the Arab speakers where they have to write 500 hundreds words

2. one for Arab learners where they have to write from 200 to 250 words

I think it will be fair this way, what do you think?

I am very interested in getting Arabic learners to this contest :)

malayloveislam
07-22-2009, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
well

Someone reminded me here that it will be kind of unfair to let Arabs and non Arabs compete to write a story.....

so here is the new update..

what about having two kind of evaluation:
1. one for the Arab speakers where they have to write 500 hundreds words

2. one for Arab learners where they have to write from 200 to 250 words

I think it will be fair this way, what do you think?

I am very interested in getting Arabic learners to this contest :)
Wow, this is even cool, a wonderful idea :D:D I agree with this, hope non-Arab speakers will participate, it's worth to practice writing in Arabic, at least we can learn writing skill.

Danah
07-23-2009, 09:58 PM
^ then we need non arab speakers to know about this new idea so they will not get scared of writing a 500 words story.

I think we need a little advertising inshaAllah

Muhaba
07-26-2009, 05:20 PM
When does this contest start? that is, when do we start submitting our stories? i'm working on a story and am really interested in entering. This will be my first Arabic story. (I did write some stuff for an arabic course I took, but this is the first story i'm writing in Arabic.) I hope i can write it well.

Danah
07-31-2009, 07:42 PM
^ I am sure sis you will do great :)

I cant assign a certain date now because I am not home now, I am in a vacation and don't guarantee my time on the internet, and will come back at the mid of August inshaAllah, so I am trying to find more supporters for he idea and inshaAllah will see if we can have this on Ramadan
and also, we need some judges, so lets see how things will go inshaAllah

Danah
08-17-2009, 06:56 PM
SO, whats next now?

it seems that we got some more supporters for the idea after adjusting the rules to two levels one for the beginners and one for the advanced learners

For those who want to participate:
Do you want it to be in Ramadan or you prefer after Ramadan?

Nora.
08-17-2009, 07:16 PM
yes , I agree with having Arabic writing contest..

I prefer it after Ramadan :)

HumbleServant
08-19-2009, 08:20 PM
I'd participate :D as an Arabic learner insha Allah.. i think it'd be nice to do it in Ramadhan.. a kind of fun ibaadah

Danah
08-19-2009, 10:24 PM
^ yes sister but maybe that will make members busy with writing entries instead of being busy in ibadah..so I guess we will start it after Ramadan inshaAllah

at least we can arrange to have judges during Ramadan inshaAllah

I will be looking forward to have more people participate in the contest :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.