/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 360 ate it and now it's giving me errors

The Ruler
06-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Last night, after installing Norton 360, running a scan, deleting the four viruses and restarting the computer, I got the following errors. And I have no idea why:

... And one error box is bigger than the other. Hmmh.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
06-14-2009, 12:24 PM
So I've opened the device manager and there's a whole list of things. How do I know if there are any errors showing or if the whole thing is messed up?

How would I reinstall all the tools/drivers?

The Ruler
06-14-2009, 12:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Are there any bright yellow exclamation marks next to any of them.. "display adapters" in particular?
Not as far as I could tell.

You must have had a cd/dvd with all the drivers on them when you bought the comp. Look for any Nvidia programs on there.
Schlick. I don't remember any cd/dvd like that. O_O

... So, what happens if I don't manage to reinstall all the stuff?

Muhaba
06-14-2009, 12:46 PM
maybe system restore will fix the problem. click on start --> all programs --> accessories --> system tools --> system restore. then restore to a previous date

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Ruler
06-14-2009, 01:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
maybe system restore will fix the problem. click on start --> all programs --> accessories --> system tools --> system restore. then restore to a previous date
Tried that once before... And tried it again. It failed.

Alf nee-san, I did check. In my head. And I can't recall any CD/DVD like that. I went through my CD stack -also, in my head- and, again, it was pointless.

There are not Nvidia in program files.

I can deal with the error messages -though, I'd prefer if they didn't pop up everytime I started my computer- but why does Windows Defender pop up everytime and tell me that it's been turned off?

The Ruler
06-14-2009, 02:03 PM
I see. That's a bummer. Because I can't uninstall it, and the pop-up annoys me.

I found a Windows Recovery CD for my sister's laptop, but it won't work with mine. Probably because it's two different companies? Anyway... I went through all the CDs at home, and couldn't find the one for mine.

What happens if I uninstall all of NVIDIA drivers, except display?

Güven
06-14-2009, 03:36 PM
I said it before and I say it again....Norton sucks.

- IqRa -
06-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Nah norton antivirus is the best antivirus around what u saying

Yanal
06-14-2009, 04:44 PM
I have Norton and it does suck but to some extent only because I share my computer with two user files,my Fathers and mine. My father does dish work at his holidays so on his account we have many files installed and when we do a virus scan it takes at least 6 hours. During this time I for some reason am not allowed on the computer and thats why I have an I Pod Touch. In conclusion Guven is saying the truth but up to some degree and at times Norton is my lifesaver because it detacts viruses very quickly and asks me to scan,even though it takes 6 hours,it is worth it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.