/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Guilt

AnonymousPoster
06-14-2009, 12:23 PM
:sl:

Asking this for someone:

If you have done something that your parents do not suspect you of doing or ever doing but you have done it, and you feel very guilty about it and hope Allah would forgive you for it because you feel so bad about it, should you tell your parents or should you pretend you didnt do whatever it is to conceal the sin and hope it goes away because you dont want them to be disappointed in you etc?
You already feel really badly about it and feel even worse that they speak about it but would never think their child did it, which the child obviously has.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister_islam
06-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Salam, how are you?

Lying to your parents is a great sin so the best way is tell the the truth. Explain to them why you did and make them understand it was a mistake and you regret it

nisha_fav88
06-14-2009, 01:07 PM
i think some things are best left unsaid..just make dua to ALLAH (swt) for forgiveness

Clover
06-14-2009, 01:11 PM
lol, one of the greatest quotes mankind ever made:

"the truth will set you free"

You might get punished, but that is nothing compared to living with a lie, trust me, I did it, and it nearly killed me, really.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Niyya Safya
06-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Salam Alaikum

It isn't lying. There isn't anything wrong with concealing a sin you committed (if it won't harm others, do injustice to others, etc.)
It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “All of my ummah may be forgiven except those who commit sin openly. It is a kind of committing sin openly if a man does something at night, then morning comes and Allaah has concealed his sin, but he says, ‘O So and so, I did such and such last night,’ when his Lord has concealed him (his action) all night but in the morning he reveals that which Allaah had concealed for him.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5721; Muslim, 2990

In other words, if it under wraps & no one knows, then keep it that way, & insha'Allah you will be forgiven for it.

Another thing:
Repentance that is a matter between a person and his Lord is better for him than confessing his sin before a qaadi (judge) so that the hadd punishment may be carried out on him.

In Saheeh Muslim (1695) it is narrated that when Maa’iz came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, “Purify me,” he said, “Woe to you! Go back and pray to Allaah for forgiveness and repent to Him.”

(check out www.islam-qa.com)

Wa Allahu Alam

Clover
06-14-2009, 01:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Niyya Safya
Salam Alaikum

It isn't lying. There isn't anything wrong with concealing a sin you committed (if it won't harm others, do injustice to others, etc.)
It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “All of my ummah may be forgiven except those who commit sin openly. It is a kind of committing sin openly if a man does something at night, then morning comes and Allaah has concealed his sin, but he says, ‘O So and so, I did such and such last night,’ when his Lord has concealed him (his action) all night but in the morning he reveals that which Allaah had concealed for him.”

In other words, if it under wraps & no one knows, then keep it that way, & insha'Allah you will be forgiven for it.

Another thing:
Repentance that is a matter between a person and his Lord is better for him than confessing his sin before a qaadi (judge) so that the hadd punishment may be carried out on him.

In Saheeh Muslim (1695) it is narrated that when Maa’iz came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, “Purify me,” he said, “Woe to you! Go back and pray to Allaah for forgiveness and repent to Him.”

(check out www.islam-qa.com)

Wa Allahu Alam
I'd call it a lie. I do not have enough info on the subject to make a final verdict of my opinoin, but I do not see how keeping it inside, will help anything, but advice is advice.

Niyya Safya
06-14-2009, 01:21 PM
One more thing I wrote the above assuming there was no lying. Take extra caution not to lie. A Muslim may be a miser, a Muslim may be a coward, but a Muslim may not be a liar.

Ali_008
06-14-2009, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Niyya Safya
Salam Alaikum

I agree with Niyya Safiya. I don't think you should let it out. Bur rather keep it to yourself and pray for forgiveness from Allah and He'll guard both you and your secret. And its really good to see that you're regretting what you've done because Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said : "Regret/Remorse is repentance". But you still must strive to please Allah and earn forgiveness.:thumbs_up

HopeFul
06-14-2009, 06:40 PM
:sl:

I thought to paste here a reply to another thread I wrote earlier, hope it benefits you, InshaAllah.
Wa Alaikum Assalam brother..

first of all, i would say that when someone commits a sin, it is best not to say it in public, infact it is prefered to hide yoru sin if you don't have wintnesses, that way you will feel even mmore guilty and will ask for Allah's forgiveness and if he forgives you then you are blessed, but those chances are reduced unless punished when you proclaim your sin...

"It was narrated that Saalim ibn ‘Abd-Allaah said: I heard Abu Hurayrah say: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“All of my ummah will be fine except for those who commit sin openly. Part of committing sin openly is when a man does something at night and Allaah conceals it, but in the morning he says, ‘O So-and-so, last night I did such and such.’ His Lord had covered his sin all night, but in the morning he removed the cover of Allaah.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5721; Muslim, 2990)

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said:

Concerning the command to cover or conceal, a hadeeth was narrated which does not meet the conditions of al-Bukhaari. This is the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar which is attributed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Avoid these obscenities which Allaah has forbidden. Whoever commits any of them, let him be concealed with the concealment of Allaah.” The hadeeth was narrated by al-Haakim and is also included in al-Muwatta’ as one of the mursal reports of Zayd ibn Aslam. "

(Source: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/9562)

May Allah ahve mercy on you and keep youa way from sin and shaytaan, ameen.

redblackmask
06-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Guilt is an illusion, feed it and it will never go hungry for a lifetime. If you feel you must, owe up to your mistakes, but don't let guilt and shame ruin your life.

- IqRa -
06-15-2009, 08:14 AM
If your parents dont know your sin, then it is best not to disclose it. Hiding your sins is better than to announce them. Seek forgiveness from Allah inshaAllah, He is Most Merciful.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-15-2009, 08:40 AM
sins are always best when mixed with repentance/retribution and cover

in other words, a hidden sin which has been repented from and justified if any person has been offended.

wa allahu a'lam

Assalamu Alaikum

brotherubaid
06-15-2009, 09:44 AM
yep if its a sin , on eof the factors in getiing forgiveness from Allah is keeping iot secret nnot telling anyone.

) Narrated Abu Huraira: I heard Allah's Apostle saying. "All the sins of my followers will be forgiven except those of the Mujahirin (those who commit a sin openly or disclose their sins to the people). An example of such disclosure is that a person commits a sin at night and though Allah screens it from the public, then he comes in the morning, and says, 'O so-and-so, I did such-and-such (evil) deed yesterday,' though he spent his night screened by his Lord (none knowing about his sin) and in the morning he removes Allah's screen from himself." (Book #73, Hadith #95)

brotherubaid
06-16-2009, 08:13 AM
By the way if someone takes someones property or steals something that the right thing is to return it, It wont be forgiven unless it is returned or made ammends.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.