/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Roll on, Ramadan!

glo
06-14-2009, 08:31 PM
There is so much aggression and anger bouncing around in this forum today that personally I cannot wait for Ramadan!

Then, hopefully, peace and quiet will descend on this place!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
06-14-2009, 08:46 PM
or you can skip over the sections that cause you ire and stick with the relaxing ones, since those will be the ones shut down for Ramadan anyway?

all the best

glo
06-14-2009, 09:22 PM
^
True, but that requires more self-control ... :D

(Plus, I tend to visit threads via the New Post option, and I don't always pay attention to which section the thread is in)

But generally speaking, people seem a whole lot more friendly and peaceful during Ramadan. Do you think the main reason for this is the closing of the more heated sections? Or is there more to it than that?

Rabi'ya
06-14-2009, 09:27 PM
:sl:

lol I too cannot wait for Ramadhan. It really will be a lovely time this year for me inshAllah. but wheres the heated discussions been taking place. I missed that :o maybe it was for the best.
Are you ok Glo? Hope everything is better by tomorrow. Go to bed and inshAllah things will work out by the morning.... :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IslamicRevival
06-14-2009, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
^
True, but that requires more self-control ... :D

(Plus, I tend to visit threads via the New Post option, and I don't always pay attention to which section the thread is in)

But generally speaking, people seem a whole lot more friendly and peaceful during Ramadan. Do you think the main reason for this is the closing of the more heated sections? Or is there more to it than that?
Yes there is much more to it then that, Shaytan is locked away during this period :)

Edit - I for one cannot wait for Ramadan InshAllah, What a chance we have to seek forgiveness for our sins. I hope we can all take this opportunity to become better Muslims

glo
06-14-2009, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
Yes there is much more to it then that, Shaytan is locked away during this period :)
Shaytan and the World Affairs section! :)

IslamicRevival
06-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Shaytan and the World Affairs section! :)
Is part of the forum locked during Ramadhan? I didnt know that

glo
06-14-2009, 09:39 PM
Yes, World Affairs, Comparative Religions and Puzzles and Humour are the main ones I seem to remember. That alone makes things more civilized around here ... :)

Yanal
06-14-2009, 09:41 PM
^*cough* thats where I rule! The humour section..but I guess Ramadhan is a reminder for calmness.

Cabdullahi
06-15-2009, 11:19 AM
salam aunty glo!......just back from east africa...i must have missed alot :(

- IqRa -
06-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Hey glo,

You're a Chrisitan right? So how comes you cannot wait fro Ramadan? Is it in the sense that it promotes peace generally? Or do you try and keep fasts, or what?

glo
06-15-2009, 11:31 AM
^ Mostly because the bickering and arguing in this forum stops for the duration of Ramadan. :)

I have not been aware that during Ramadan the whole world becomes a more peaceful place (given that such a large percentage of the world population keeps Ramadan, that should actually be possible ...)
Imagine what a powerful sign it would be to the non-Muslim world, if that really happened! :)

I have prayed and fasted last year during Ramadan, and I have found it a beneficial experience.

- IqRa -
06-15-2009, 11:37 AM
That's really cool that you actually kept fasts! Praying in the Christian sense though?

Whatsthepoint
06-15-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm gonna quit this after ramadan.

- IqRa -
06-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Quit what?

Whatsthepoint
06-15-2009, 12:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by E.E.
Quit what?
the board.

Clover
06-15-2009, 12:10 PM
I don't know, what happens in Ramadan? I know their is a fasting, but what causes the forum to be more peaceful?

Cabdullahi
06-15-2009, 12:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
the board.
noooooo my brother don't quit if you quit i'll diminish tooimsad

Clover
06-15-2009, 12:14 PM
the board.
I thought about quiting too, I haven't been here near as long, but I have gotten rather annoyed and offended at some comments, but eh, I try my best to get through them.

I wish you luck in finding a forum, if this is not it, and I hope this is it, but I wish you luck either way.

glo
06-15-2009, 12:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
I don't know, what happens in Ramadan? I know their is a fasting, but what causes the forum to be more peaceful?
Did you read the thread, Clover?

During Ramadan most forum sections not relating directly to Islam are closed.
That includes those section, where most debating and arguing goes on - the World Affairs and Comparative Religions.

Therefore for one months a year this forum becomes pretty quiet and peaceful.
I guess some of us are wondering whether the peace comes from closing those sections alone, or whether there is something more profoundly spiritual going on during that time ... and if there is something spiritual, whether it should be palpatable throughout the world for the duration of Ramadan.

Clover
06-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Did you read the thread, Clover?

During Ramadan most forum sections not relating directly to Islam are closed.
That includes those section, where most debating and arguing goes on - the World Affairs and Comparative Religions.

Therefore for one months a year this forum becomes pretty quiet and peaceful.
I guess some of us are wondering whether the peace comes from closing those sections alone, or whether there is something more profoundly spiritual going on during that time ... and if there is something spiritual, whether it should be palpatable throughout the world for the duration of Ramadan.
I would think it would be, because they close the forums.

- IqRa -
06-15-2009, 12:39 PM
the board.
May I ask why?

Yanal
06-15-2009, 02:29 PM
PM him/her that is offtopic and may be considered rude to ask in public.:X

Glo I am saying you should convert!!

BlissfullyJaded
06-16-2009, 02:39 AM
I have not been aware that during Ramadan the whole world becomes a more peaceful place (given that such a large percentage of the world population keeps Ramadan, that should actually be possible ...)
Imagine what a powerful sign it would be to the non-Muslim world, if that really happened!
I don't understand. :?

Naturally the atmosphere is different during Ramadan. It's a special month, Shaytaan is locked up and fasting puts one in a different mindset. I think the forums in general becomes quiet during Ramadan, cuz people are busy with their ibadah and stuff they can't really be bothered to post much.

glo
06-16-2009, 06:34 AM
What I mean is that it would be great if the peacefulness of Ramadan could spread across the whole world, to such an extend that all people noticed it!

Imagine that for one month arguments would stop, fighting cease, wars end ... and imagine the very cause of it was Ramadan and Islam!
That would be a sign the world surely could not ignore! :statisfie

BlissfullyJaded
06-16-2009, 06:37 AM
Ah, yes. That would be awesome... Some day inshaAllah. :)

north_malaysian
06-16-2009, 06:52 AM
[BANANA] Ramadan is coming!
Ramadan is coming!
Ramadan is coming!
:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie [/BANANA]

جوري
06-16-2009, 07:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah
I don't understand. :?

Naturally the atmosphere is different during Ramadan. It's a special month, Shaytaan is locked up and fasting puts one in a different mindset. I think the forums in general becomes quiet during Ramadan, cuz people are busy with their ibadah and stuff they can't really be bothered to post much.

It is because Muslims cause strife during the none holy months of course, so when we are good and quiet they take notice and with any hope the rest of the world will too...

:w:

north_malaysian
06-16-2009, 07:33 AM
What I mean is that it would be great if the peacefulness of Ramadan could spread across the whole world, to such an extend that all people noticed it!

Imagine that for one month arguments would stop, fighting cease, wars end ... and imagine the very cause of it was Ramadan and Islam!
That would be a sign the world surely could not ignore! :statisfie
wow....

I love Ramadan because it's the only month that is so different than other months....

I love Ramadan because it's the month where the whole family fast together ... help each others .... cook (or buying) iftaar meals together... and during iftaar all of us will sit together waiting for the azaan to break fast.... I love going to the mosque during ramadan nights.. the nights are very different than usual nights.... i love waking uo for suhoor..... would try hard to finish the whole Koran within the month.... abstaining from watching tv.... less talking...more working...

I dont know.. I just love Ramadan.... and I love LI Forum during Ramadan... as we support each other during Ramadan with good stories, pics of ramadan worldwide, food for iftaar and suhoor, preparation for Ramadan and Eid... it's so lovely....

I really wish .. the whole year is Ramadan...

BlackMamba
06-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Ramadans the BEST! I'm already looking forward to it only about 9 weeks till Ramadan. It's such an awesome month, I bet non-Muslims will think we are crazy to look forward to a month where we cannot eat and are restricted even more than normal. But that is the amazing part, even with all those limitations it is still by far the best part of the year and a lot of Muslims think that not just me.

aadil77
06-16-2009, 08:08 AM
I thought about quiting too, I haven't been here near as long, but I have gotten rather annoyed and offended at some comments, but eh, I try my best to get through them.

I wish you luck in finding a forum, if this is not it, and I hope this is it, but I wish you luck either way.
WTP has been here for ages, you've been here for a month and you're already complaining about being 'annoyed and offended' ? I can tell you that this forum is probably the least offending towards non muslims, so if you're already getting offended you might as well quit now and save yourself the trouble.

north_malaysian
06-16-2009, 08:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
I bet non-Muslims will think we are crazy to look forward to a month where we cannot eat and are restricted even more than normal. But that is the amazing part, even with all those limitations it is still by far the best part of the year and a lot of Muslims think that not just me.
You are not alone.. me too....:D

Clover
06-16-2009, 10:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
WTP has been here for ages, you've been here for a month and you're already complaining about being 'annoyed and offended' ? I can tell you that this forum is probably the least offending towards non muslims, so if you're already getting offended you might as well quit now and save yourself the trouble.
I am not complaining, I am stating a honest statement. Call it complaining if you like.

I see people saying they get offended usually every topic, if you want me to not say that, then stay away from me?

I do not plan on leaving anytime soon cause I have knowledge to persue, but if I do leave, I am simply going to find the knowledge I need in reality.

Whatsthepoint
06-16-2009, 10:33 AM

I'm not going becaue I feel offended or anything. with the excpetion of certain individuals, everyone here is great and very tolerant, I love this place but it's taken too much of my time.

Tony
06-16-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm not going becaue I feel offended or anything. with the excpetion of certain individuals, everyone here is great and very tolerant, I love this place but it's taken too much of my time.
I feel like this also, and am going to limit my time here I think and devote more to reading Qur,an. WTP I hope u will pop in now and again if only to say hello. Peace and respect

Whatsthepoint
06-16-2009, 10:40 AM
I'll definitely come back once and then to see if there are any bargain halal skin care products hiding in my PM box...

Clover
06-16-2009, 10:44 AM
I had that same problem with a internet game back when I was like 13-14, I got banned from the internet for 6 months (by my parents, I forgot why, I think it was cause I broke a rule or something). Anyways, that really cleared me up, now I learn to moderate myself on everything, because of that one time, I thank them for it.

Anyways, good luck doing what you can in life.

glo
06-16-2009, 11:29 AM
I'll definitely come back once and then to see if there are any bargain halal skin care products hiding in my PM box...
That's exactly why I will miss seeing you around, WTP.
You make me laugh! :D

(If you need any help with your German, you know where to find me! :))

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.