/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Attainment of Intense Love for Allah

khadim.deen
06-15-2009, 01:29 AM
So my dear friends, how do we attain that rank where our hearts can be brimming with intense love for Allah[/url] so that we may become totally obedient to Him?

Remember that we can never be totally obedient to Him until we develop intense love for Him. Why? Because if we love our hearts more than we love Him, then we will not hesitate in the least to break His commands should we experience any difficulty to our hearts.Consider the following example: A beautiful woman passes by. Our heart is inclined to look at her. If we love Allah intensely (more than our heart) then we will displease our heart and please Allah by not looking at her. If, on the other hand, we love our heart more, then we will go ahead and sin by casting a lustful glance at her,thereby pleasing the heart and at the same time displeasing Allah. Thus in order to stay away from sins, it is necessary that the love of Allah be more than anything else.

Source: [url=http://www.khanqah.org/books/show/connection-with-Allah]Connection with Allah

Tags: allah, evil glances, glance, heart

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
06-15-2009, 01:32 AM
and to love Allah swt...we have to prophet Muhammad too :)

ghengis
06-15-2009, 02:01 AM
nice: "the how to cultivate love for allah thread", may allah bless you abundantly brother, subhan allah, praise the lord. i love you bro.

and you said INTENSE love, not just ordinary love, subhan allah.

devoted love
reliant completely love
only love
true love, in the way allah deserves,.... and we cant even love him in the way he deserves... we will always be defficient,...

"i love you allah, o allah, forgive me for my sins.... and bestow upon me the blessing of loving you and you alone"

1. wow... well writing things out seems to help :)

2. maybe... it comes from total reliance?? one method anyway. total reliance..... knowing that allah controls all things and u have no power. u are reliant on allah completely
and allah is "ya wadood" the loving one.

subhan allah.... allah loves us. he is the epitome of loving. it is a pleasure, a blessing , a mercy to rely on allah.... :)

3. being grateful????

counting your blessing from the provider of all blessings daily..... a constant state of gratitude.....

surely your love would increase if you only (we all only) noticed the abundant blessings of allah, how he has provided for us,

he is sososososo merciful.... i have to love him. we have to. its an abomination not tooo :)

...wow. so c'mon people how can we cultivate love for allah??? how can we cultivate gratefulness and reliance (our sense of being grateful to and being reliant on allah...??).. as this may cultivate and increase our love for him.

4.... sorry for going on :)

learn his attributes!!! surely the more we know our lord. the more we will love him inshallah!!

AntiKarateKid
06-15-2009, 02:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by khadim.deen
So my dear friends, how do we attain that rank where our hearts can be brimming with intense love for Allah[/url] so that we may become totally obedient to Him?

Remember that we can never be totally obedient to Him until we develop intense love for Him. Why? Because if we love our hearts more than we love Him, then we will not hesitate in the least to break His commands should we experience any difficulty to our hearts.Consider the following example: A beautiful woman passes by. Our heart is inclined to look at her. If we love Allah intensely (more than our heart) then we will displease our heart and please Allah by not looking at her. If, on the other hand, we love our heart more, then we will go ahead and sin by casting a lustful glance at her,thereby pleasing the heart and at the same time displeasing Allah. Thus in order to stay away from sins, it is necessary that the love of Allah be more than anything else.

Source: [url=http://www.khanqah.org/books/show/connection-with-Allah]Connection with Allah

Tags: allah, evil glances, glance, heart
I'd look at it another way.

Why should my heart be with the woman in the first place?

For some people their hearts are already with Allah and have no need to struggle against it. For them obeying Allah is their desire.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ghengis
06-15-2009, 02:25 AM
subhan allah.... obeying allah is the only desire... wow.

so how do u cultivate "obedience" to allah as your only desire?

khadim.deen
06-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Read out this blog from where i copied this post ... these is the teachings of my Shaikh / Teacher.

http://blog.khanqah.org/attainment-i...allah/174.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.